Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,900 members, 7,821,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? (6606 Views)

Mothers(-in-law) Vs. Wives. Why Can't They Just Get Along? / Is He Just Being Paranoid / Channel 4's 'lagos To London' Unreasonable In A Time Of Lack' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by MRBrownJ: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Racism is Americas only cancer. As corruption =Nigeria and Nigeria has been unable to get rid of it so Is racism and unreasonable violence in America

racism is very real all over the world, included in the US... but yes, 9ja has much more issues.

as per those leasbian couples let's say they are finally compensated what they want shey they won't turn to Oliver twist and want more millions on another allegations

the judge decision will be final unless they appeal... but then they will only get the settlement when they accept and sign for it. after that there is no way going back on what they have signed for!

Mindfulness:

Ok, so let's say, they need some support to learn coping mechanisms and techniques, how much will it cost, 3 millions? I don't think so.

well private therapy for mum will cost anything between $60-250 PER SESSION. so let's assume it costs $150, and that she needs a session per week, for 10yrs, that will equal to $78K

a private psychologist for the child will cost between $50-150 PER SESSION. so let's assume it costs $100, and that she needs a session per week, for 10yrs, that will equal to $52K

now also take into consideration that they will need to GO and RETURN from the sessions, so add transport cost back and forth, and possibly baby sitting cost if nobody can stay with the child while mum goes to therapy. right there we are getting a total of about $200K cost that we will call EXTRA COST A

Good. I also teach my children that mistakes are human and deserve forgiveness.

thats great... we all should teach our children what WE believe is RIGHT.

Ok, agreed but three millions are not necessary to do so.

and again, i ask you: how much do you think is a fair amount to compensate someone that you've just messed up their lives?!

In life you don't always get what you want and their racist environment is not worth 3 millions dollars. They do not deserve a penny for having racist friends and family. If I were the judge, I would rather require the money to be spend on anti-racism campaigns.

again, you too are being a woman and being emotional about this issue, rather than looking at the facts.
having an opinion about who you want to associate with is NOT wrong, same as where you want to live. are you now saying that they SHOULDNT live in a racist environment?! how dare you want to impose YOUR views on others?! they have the right to decide who they desire to associate with OR where they want to live... and if the clinic had not fukced up, these women would be happily living in their community with a WHITE child.

so relocation + getting a new house in a fancy community $500K, starting again to do all these fancy activities in order to make new friends, thats another $50K per year, for 10yrs (its not easy to make new friends) grand total= $1M
so lets call that EXTRA COST B

For now the judge said that they have no case.

are you sure about that?! here:
DuPage County judge Ronald Sutter tossed the lawsuit alleging wrongful birth and breach of warranty on Thursday, the Chicago Tribune reported. But he said Jennifer Cramblett of Uniontown, Ohio, could refile her lawsuit against Midwest Sperm Bank under a negligence claim.
source: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/05/judge-dismisses-white-woman-lawsuit-black-sperm-donation

so the judge BELIEVE there is a case of negligence

I can impose my views on others out of conviction.

what a pile of HIGH GRADED NONSENSE, of course you CANT!
you have the right to have your own views, and as much as you can share them with who you desire, you have ABSOLUTELY no right to impose them on others! take a clue from ignorant BH fighters who want to impose their own views on us all.

And fortunately the law makers in many European countries share my convictions and make some opinions unacceptable by law. This is why you can report people on grounds of racism and if you have proof, they will have to pay. And yes people should be ashamed of having racist opinions. What is wrong is wrong and there is no need to justify it with the freedom of opinion. This is why you have laws that make some OPINIONS punishable.

now you are simply being stupid (with all due respect) in order to make a point.
in all these so called country with laws against racism:
- can you report someone who does not want to associate with coloured people?!
- can you report someone who believes that white people shouldnt have babies with coloured people?!
- can you report someone who teaches his children to not associate with coloured kids in school?!
- can you report a friend who doesnt want to associate with you because you had a bi-racial kid?!
- can you report a community because your kids is the only coloured kid there and he/she cant fit in?!

what you wrote is only RIGHT if, for example, someone refuses to give you a job, refuse to rent you a home OR refuses to let you in an establishment because of you race/religion etc

Opinions should NEVER be put above the respect for and dignity of a human being. This conviction is part of the constitution of some well-developed nations and therefore the freedom of opinion is limited to some extent.

NONSENSE UPON NONSENSE!!!!! i suggest you check again the definition of DEMOCRACY, to understand how WRONG you obviously are. you MUST respect each and everyone's views, whether you like them or not because everyone has the RIGHT for freedom of speech and opinion!

being a racist isn't illegal, its the action in which your racist beliefs would conflicts with the law that is illegal (aka refuse to give a job to a coloured person etc). there is NO law that says that a person A) cant believe that other races are inferior to their own, B) cant say it publicly and privately, C) cant print material stating such belief, D) cant start an organization whose members share these racist beliefs, and subsequently spread them.
PLS EDUCATE YOURSELF!

This is the very sad reality and shows how mad humans are. This is why, even though I value freedom of opinion, think that not all opinions are acceptable and must be tolerated. No way!

you should accept what is tolerable TO YOU, and let others decide what they want to accept for themselves, whether you like it or not. trying to force people into thinking the way YOU think is not only wrong but also crazy. so long as their views are not against the law, then they have the right to have them?! if we think like you do and ENFORCE people to think one way only, then christians and muslims would never be able to live in harmony in Nigeria!

I very much agree here. You have been very convincing and for the sake of the child, they should be helped. Nevertheless, there is no need to pay them the sum of three million dollars. This is too much. They should be paid the cost for relocation and for psychological support. We don't even need half a million to cover the costs.

ok, we are finally getting somewhere!

I have agreed. On this basis, we can determine a REASONABLE sum.

in my calculation EXTRA COST A + EXTRA COST B = $1.2M
and thats without all the extra hair/skin care etc

Just because a person made a mistake in this clinic, does not mean that the whole clinic is shaddy.
Just because you make a mistake, does not mean that you are bad. Your behavior was bad but not necessarily you as a personality and human.

fair enough

You would have made a good lawyer. I think we have some consent in the meantime.
And I hope that they, the mothers, will also compensate the child for not knowing her biological father, which I am sure will have a greater impact on her psychological well-being than her skin color but that's a different topic.

thats all on the mothers, to know how they will raise their child
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
MRBrownJ:

racism is very real all over the world, included in the US... but yes, 9ja has much more issues.

the judge decision will be final unless they appeal... but then they will only get the settlement when they accept and sign for it. after that there is no way going back on what they have signed for!

well private therapy for mum will cost anything between $60-250 PER SESSION. so let's assume it costs $150, and that she needs a session per week, for 10yrs, that will equal to $78K

a private psychologist for the child will cost between $50-150 PER SESSION. so let's assume it costs $100, and that she needs a session per week, for 10yrs, that will equal to $52K

now also take into consideration that they will need to GO and RETURN from the sessions, so add transport cost back and forth, and possibly baby sitting cost if nobody can stay with the child while mum goes to therapy. right there we are getting a total of about $200K cost that we will call EXTRA COST A

and again, i ask you: how much do you think is a fair amount to compensate someone that you've just messed up their lives?!

again, you too are being a woman and being emotional about this issue, rather than looking at the facts.
having an opinion about who you want to associate with is NOT wrong, same as where you want to live. are you now saying that they SHOULDNT live in a racist environment?! how dare you want to impose YOUR views on others?! they have the right to decide who they desire to associate with OR where they want to live... and if the clinic had not fukced up, these women would be happily living in their community with a WHITE child.

so relocation + getting a new house in a fancy community $500K, starting again to do all these fancy activities in order to make new friends, thats another $50K per year, for 10yrs (its not easy to make new friends) grand total= $1M

DuPage County judge Ronald Sutter tossed the lawsuit alleging wrongful birth and breach of warranty on Thursday, the Chicago Tribune reported. But he said Jennifer Cramblett of Uniontown, Ohio, could refile her lawsuit against Midwest Sperm Bank under a negligence claim.
source: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/05/judge-dismisses-white-woman-lawsuit-black-sperm-donation

you have the right to have your own views, and as much as you can share them with who you desire, you have ABSOLUTELY no right to impose them on others! take a clue from ignorant BH fighters who want to impose their own views on us all.

now you are simply being stupid (with all due respect) in order to make a point.
- can you report someone who believes that white people shouldnt have babies with coloured people?!
- can you report someone who teaches his children to not associate with coloured kids in school?!
- can you report a friend who doesnt want to associate with you because you had a bi-racial kid?!
- can you report a community because your kids is the only coloured kid there and he/she cant fit in?!

what you wrote is only RIGHT if, for example, someone refuses to give you a job, refuse to rent you a home OR refuses to let you in an establishment because of you race/religion etc

NONSENSE UPON NONSENSE!!!!! i suggest you check again the definition of DEMOCRACY, to understand how WRONG you obviously are. you MUST respect each and everyone's views, whether you like them or not because everyone has the RIGHT for freedom of speech and opinion!

being a racist isn't illegal, its the action in which your racist beliefs would conflicts with the law that is illegal (aka refuse to give a job to a coloured person etc). there is NO law that says that a person A) cant believe that other races are inferior to their own, B) cant say it publicly and privately, C) cant print material stating such belief, D) cant start an organization whose members share these racist beliefs, and subsequently spread them.
PLS EDUCATE YOURSELF!

you should accept what is tolerable TO YOU, and let others decide what they want to accept for themselves, whether you like it or not. trying to force people into thinking the way YOU think is not only wrong but also crazy. so long as their views are not against the law, then they have the right to have them?! if we think like you do and ENFORCE people to think one way only, then christians and muslims would never be able to live in harmony in Nigeria!

fair enough

First of all, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that they will all need ten years of therapy.
Secondly, we can continue discussing the case when you calm down. You are the one being overly emotional here.

Have a nice Sunday.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by SAMBARRY: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nigeria has issues like any other nation but why Nigerias own is obvious is because all eyes are on Nigeria and the international media places unnecessary attention on Nigerias negative side that's why it looks like that
MRBrownJ:

PLS EDUCATE YOURSELF!

fair enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / Africa's Tallest President Is The Shortest In His Family (photo) / Was I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.