Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,248 members, 7,849,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road (908 Views)

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next / I'm At A Cross Road / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by lawnreigh(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, I'm in a cross line as regards career, I finish my Service earlier this year and due to employment challenges I've been planning to go for a program that will enhance my career, but then teaching job surfaces and as we all know it's low paying with little career advancement chances and time consuming, it's a private secondary school teaching. The program I'm planning to do is about a year which I will also need money to support myself while running the program too. Plz I need advice me, Should I leave the teaching job to pursue the program? Or should I continue with the teaching & run the program on part time basis basis?
NB: I need money to support myself while running the program and I have someone who can sponsor me through the program but the problem is that it's not full sponsorship and I will definitely need money than what I think the person will give me. Mature advice only please. Thanks
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by ladyF(f): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Teach and run part time.

1 Like

Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by SUGARBEE(f): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
It wouldn't hurt to venture into fish farming and poultry business

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by Kx: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
consider doing the programme part time.
That way, the academic prog wont be a hindrance when a better paying job surfaces midway.
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by lawnreigh(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
SUGARBEE:
It wouldn't hurt to venture into fish farming and poultry business

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]
No be money person go carry invest ni, it's money that you will use to make money which I don't have dear, if I have I'd have gone for personal business
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by lawnreigh(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
ladyF:
Teach and run part time.
Thanks dear, eventhough I always wonder if u use answering machine to make 1st to comment on almost all the post on nairaland
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by lawnreigh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kx:
consider doing the programme part time.
That way, the academic prog wont be a hindrance when a better paying job surfaces midway.
thanks for your advice
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by Vanije: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2015
lawnreigh:
Fellow Nairalanders, I'm in a cross line as regards career, I finish my Service earlier this year and due to employment challenges I've been planning to go for a program that will enhance my career, but then teaching job surfaces and as we all know it's low paying with little career advancement chances and time consuming, it's a private secondary school teaching. The program I'm planning to do is about a year which I will also need money to support myself while running the program too. Plz I need advice me, Should I leave the teaching job to pursue the program? Or should I continue with the teaching & run the program on part time basis basis?
NB: I need money to support myself while running the program and I have someone who can sponsor me through the program but the problem is that it's not full sponsorship and I will definitely need money than what I think the person will give me. Mature advice only please. Thanks

Venture into something you can do part time like network marketing. You don't have to walk about to do it. You can do it online.
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by charleff512(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Please take up a full time course and Get part time teaching appointments near the university.If you are smart you can even teach tutorial and sustain yourself.Good luck!
Re: I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road by olenime(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
What program is that?

(1) (Reply)

I Will Write Free Professional Cv/resume For The First 5 People On This Platform / How To Get 500 Dollars A Day / Interview Invitation From Sunrose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.