Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike (20181 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Dogara Needs To Go Back To Law School Because Budget Padding Is Corruption / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by billyG(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wike declare yur assets publicly,u are a public officer,wike shame d devil by publicly declaring yur assets undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
see your life? When PMB declared his, you called for his head that he should make it public...now it is a public case; Can you say that for wike??
Hypocrite....
Lol.. Don't mind that Hypocrite of a lady. She behave like a sadist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by bammike21: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cool Pouch for your Iphone 5 and 6 for sale add 33083427 on bbm purchase yours

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by SeverusSnape(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
uboma:

He did not declear his assets publicly. Is this what you term as *nice?*.

He will be forced to make his assets public very soon...
Did he promise to do so??...No!
Then why should he, It's not obligatory, He can do that out of his own discretion.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by waldigit: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
midolian:
RIVERS State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, said on Wednesday that he had declared his assets to the relevant authority according to the law.

Wike explained that he had by his action, fulfilled the country’s constitutional requirement, adding that declaring his assets publicly was not part of the dictates of the law.

The governor, who spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Sir Opunabo Inko-Tariah, pointed out that it was necessary for people to de-emphasise asset declaration, but the sincerity behind such exercise.

He stated that some public office holders could over-declare their assets to pave the way for them to steal public funds in future while others, who had held public offices in the past, might under-declare their personal belongings in order to give the impression that they were never involved in corrupt practices while in office.

Wike explained that the most important thing for public office holders was to deliver the dividends of democracy, adding that his main interest was to develop the state and the people.

“The governor has declared his assets and this is exactly what he told newsmen during the tour of his administration’s projects. There is no law compelling him to make his declaration public. He has declared his assets and the declaration was made to the relevant authority.

“Let me also say that it is not just about asset declaration; it has to do with the sincerity of the person because some may over-declare when they want to steal in future. So, they declare to accommodate the theft in future.

“Some may also declare for whatever reason; maybe they have held public offices in the past and they don’t want people to know that they have stolen money. So, people will declare; it is not all about the declaration of assets.

“What is crucial is the sincerity of the person declaring and you are supposed to declare when you get out of office. But the truth is that if you are a governor or a minister, what matters is the delivery of the dividends of democracy. That is what is important and it is not about what you declare and how much you declare,” Wike added.

On the claim by the All Progressives Congress in the state that most of the projects completed by his administration were started by the immediate past governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, he said it was wrong for anybody to personalise governance.

According to the governor, projects that will impact on the lives of the people should not be abandoned by any successor.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-declared-my-assets-according-to-law-wike/

Yes o mr wike, you have declared it according to decietful law you and your legislooter colleagues crafly designed to cover your tract.
Let me tell you its a matter of time b4 the pronouncment of Jeremiah 17:11 takes its course on any whose hands are not clean

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by uboma(m): 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Did he promise to do so??...No!
Then why should he, It's not obligatory, He can do that out of his own discretion.

He doesn't need to promise that.

He will be compelled to do so.

Just keep your fingers crossed and see how it will unfold in the end

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by UncleDeeee(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dear Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike, I really endorse you as a true leader and amiable governor of Rivers State but at this point, I'm shocked!
How do you keep up doing the good works and replying these demented APC folks? Please ignore!

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by joseph1832(m): 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
omenka:
News: PDP challenges Buhari to declare his assets as he promised during the electioneering campaigns.

Buhari: I have abc, def, ijk at xyz... Etc.

Verdict: Assets declared publicly- promise kept.

Wailers: He is lying!! Who does he think he's deceiving- his cows from Daura??!!!

Fayose: I know where Buhari hides all his money but I won't tell Nigerians.

News: Ekiti APC challenges Fayose to publicly declare his assets.

Fayose: I won't declare mud houses and cows as my assets. I was rich even before I became a governor.

Verdict: Asset not declared.

Wailers: Nice one from the "people loving governor.

News: Rivers APC challenges Wike to publicly declare his assets.

Wike: I have declared my assets "according to law". It is not mandatory to make a public declaration. Besides, all that matters is the fulfilment of electoral pledges and not disclosure of assets.

Verdict: Assets not declared.

Wailers: Nice one from Wike. Continue your good works for the people of Rivers.

#PoliticsByPDP.
LMFAO!!! Couldn't have said this better. Truly, this PDPians are deluded individuals!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by rusher14: 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wike please just loot as much as you want in Rivers state.

The people prefer that to accountability as long as you are from PDP.

Let's teach them a small lesson.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by dapsonlou(m): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
chymystique:

Lool.. No be small Akara dem dey fry for Nigerians head. sincerely am disappointed in Garba and Adesina... They ve no integrity left in them.. they are forgetting so soon that 2019 is around the corner...

And you are forgetting that your vote doesn't Count.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Ikiriye(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
olosk:
So Mr Wickness declare his asset secretly. Rivers PDP. No jst get sense. Why do we have body/agency to verfy if you under declare or over declare.
Your so called body don verify pmb own.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Ikiriye(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
dapsonlou:

And you are forgetting that your vote doesn't Count.
So how did buhari own count
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nellybii: 12:34am On Sep 10, 2015
Buzzj17:
Wike's Assests: his residence in PHC, Shopping mall in Abuja,housing estate in Asokoro Abuja and another hotel in PHc GRA.

Whynotthetruth:

Wow...I love Wike's taste ...I pray I become richer than him so that as I enjoy the wealth and attendant luxury; you enjoy the beefing and counting for me undecided

See your life?
Imagine PMB declares these magnitude of assets, would you have reacted this way? wouldnt you have wailed to high heavens?
Bloody double mouthed hypocrite.
Sharrap already mtchewww
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Appareil(m): 12:55am On Sep 10, 2015
Nellybii:

See your life?
Imagine PMB declares these magnitude of assets, would you have reacted this way? wouldnt you have wailed to high heavens?
Sharrap already mtchewww
Pained? hehe!
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by themaskedman: 1:01am On Sep 10, 2015
uboma:

He doesn't need to promise that.

He will be compelled to do so.

Just keep your fingers crossed and see how it will unfold in the end
He doesn't need to promise that as deceitful Buhari didn't need to promise public declaration. Wike has fulfilled the basic constitutional requirement just like Buhari did but promising public declaration was aimed at deceiving the gullible like you to vote for him.
Nobody outside the constitution is going to compel anybody to make public declaration of assets. Buhari can't force that on anyone as he lakes the constitutional backing. If he does that we will freeze his ar×× at the court of law.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by ElFenomeno1: 1:18am On Sep 10, 2015
What does I have declared my asset according to the law means?
Wike is a fraud. You have not declared any bloody asset.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Caseless: 2:39am On Sep 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Anyone who thinks Buhari has declared his asset based on Shehu Garba's submission must be high on smoked Akara and Koko Garri.
plus ça change!

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Benkm(m): 3:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Who is the right person to declare your asset to? It is not mandatory to declare ur assets publicly but it's necessary to tell the people the sincere truth of how much you have in ur possession.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Rotimi47: 4:15am On Sep 10, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Wike dare not make his asset declaration public. Dangote will be like shocked
Dangote will be like; am I in the right line of business?

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Rotimi47: 4:18am On Sep 10, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Wike dare not make his asset declaration public. Dangote will be like shocked
Dangote will be like; is he in the right line of business?.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by uboma(m): 5:25am On Sep 10, 2015
themaskedman:

He doesn't need to promise that as deceitful Buhari didn't need to promise public declaration. Wike has fulfilled the basic constitutional requirement just like Buhari did but promising public declaration was aimed at deceiving the gullible like you to vote for him.
Nobody outside the constitution is going to compel anybody to make public declaration of assets. Buhari can't force that on anyone as he lakes the constitutional backing. If he does that we will freeze his ar×× at the court of law.

Its so easy for you to spill thrash using your keyboard/mobile phone.

For the records, I didn't vote for PMB during the last elections. But so far, with his clam down on corruption, I believe he will turn this country for the better.

Your sleeping governor will be made to bow very soon.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Bajelo1: 5:57am On Sep 10, 2015
It is better to declare assets directly with the CCB without making it public than declaring false or Oluwole type of assets declaration to the public.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:02am On Sep 10, 2015
solonazzy:

Yea he said he wuld, I Dnt remember him giving tym frame wen he wuld... Bt u ppl wailed n wailed

Why not check out My covenant and other such documents that he's denying now to confirm if there's a time frame or not...
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:03am On Sep 10, 2015
Nellybii:

See your life?
Sharrap already mtchewww

What did you say again
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:05am On Sep 10, 2015
margclever:
and 2 imagine that his moniker bears dr.idowu , maybe he is a herbal doctor cos if he is a medical doc, he will surely forget his nokia 3310 in ur stomach after surgery

gringringringrin No be small thing bro
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:09am On Sep 10, 2015
Rotimi47:
Dangote will be like; is he in the right line of business?.
cheesy cheesy
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 10, 2015
midolian:
what else do you want MizMyColi? When it was yet to be made public, you cried until it was made public. Now it is made public, you are still wailing.

Wike submitted his form to the bureau just as buhari initially did when you hastily criticized him, but all you have to say about wike now is "Well done"..even when its clear to all that this man isn't going to make his public..you people sef! SMH cheesy
That yeyeThing she no dey hear word. Its irritating what shez doing. And trust me, alot of people don't respect her anymore.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
jullary:
pls ask God for brain u seriously need it.

OK....Dear God grant me more wisdom to educate people like jullary always in the right path of righteousness... Amen...
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by alt3r3g0: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Did Wike Promise anyone that he will make his declaration public?
Nigerians were on their own jejely when we saw someone who said he will do his own publicly? What did you expect before?

Even you Buhari followers know that he can do better than that kindergaten writeup which you lot bandy around and call asset declaration, but you won't admit that because in your thinkings, half loaf is better than puff puff.

Buhari is even more outspoken on his anti-corruption drive than Yaradua, yet, Yaradua declared and was very detailed about it. He even declared that of his wife and household according to CCB guidelines.
Mr Buhari on the other hand was very economical and partial with the truth.

Smh.
You guys still don't get it do you?

When you want to take actions like this, you do so in such a way that will leave everyone dumbfounded. You make detailed specifics to the extent that those who oppose you will start complaining that it is too much.
You don't leave room for holes to be picked.

But the reverse, as we have seen thus far, is the case.

I believe for a better future of Nigeria...irrespective of ruling party..to encourage a positive step. Yaradua made his public (+ve), Gej said he does not give a damn (-ve) Pmb has tried to follow the positive path wether truthful or not. Now rather than applaud his step and pressure all to follow suit, You all are castigating him and applauding another person that has chosen to conceal his.

How will we move forward as a nation?

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by dapsonlou(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2015
Ikiriye:

So how did buhari own count

The same way he counted and won this Time.
Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by Demdem(m): 7:31am On Sep 10, 2015
[b]Arrant Nonsense !!!!
Yet u have the guts and audacity to unleash ur shameless thugs online and all over to dare question the publicly declared summary of the Presidents Assets when u ursef dont have such liver to do such. u and ur thugs dont have the moral right to even question the President on an issue u dont even believe in. Ur hypocrisy stinks to high heavens. Those of us on ground here know that u dare not declare ur asset publicly because that singular act in itself will convinced the vast majority of inhabitants in Rivers that indeed we have a thief for a Governor. There is no way ur assets will be in tandem with ur income since ur mama born u. Questions will be asked how come a former LG chairman and Minister would have acquired so much all in politics because we all know that u are nothing but a career politician.
I await ur thugs henforth who will have the lever to question Buharis asset declaration. Hypocritical fools.
The day WIke declares publicly is the day demdem will publicly declare that Jonah-daft isnt a bastard.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike by omodayomi(f): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2015
wike asset declara[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]tion publicly? suicide mission! for igbo leaders na acid bath, can any igbo leader declare his asset publicly? food for thought

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Statutory Delegates From Each State Must Sign Presidential Forms - APC / Dapo Abiodun: Tinubu Is The Candidate To Beat In 2023 / Amosun At Kidnapped Iyabo Anisulowo's Residence Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.