Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News (21453 Views)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Closure Of Sachet Water Firms In Kano: 2m Youths To Lose Jobs / Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by sdindan: 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
More to go down
Thank God for APC

5 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by stebell(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
I said it many times to yu all Sai Buhari chanters that the dullard yu voted into power has nothing upstairs but yu guys wouldn't listen.

GEJ, yu remain my HERO.

24 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Dosinspector(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Built2last: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you want to have a hint of how much our economy is on auto reverse, watch the business news on Channels, AIT and NTA.

I dont have time to carefully analyse our economic state.

Its not surprising though, we have had good monetary policy but to what gain, without a fiscal policy expert to provide economic direction.

Investors are loosing confidence...fiscal policy chats the course for economic direction. This is totally lacking.

I am still observing and patiently waiting for the coming list. It better be worth the time wasted and be able to recover all that is lost.

13 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by ozoigbondu: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is what happens when an illiterate with NEPA bill as certificate is your president

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Mishydoo(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
So 60,000 persons had construction Jobs in ds country b4 and we were complaining grin...

5 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by luvinhubby(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
owobokiri:
And the bad news keeps dropping everyday. . I thought it will take a year or two before buharis alarming illitracy catches up with him . . The economy is going under and the gang are at Aso rock pretending to be geting ready to unleash a master-plan for the economy.[size=8pt][/size] But the fact is that apart from replacing technocrats with tribal mutants, buhari has no other serious agenda. How much you can blame him, I don't know. This guy has no reasonable certificate on anything worthwhile, yet he is bossing one slave of a prof. Navigating a rapidly modernising economy should be above the pay-grade of an unsuccessful goat-herder. . Those who in their hatefilled response to jonathan re-election, inflicted on this country, this cereberally empty upstart from Daurra should hang their head in shame

grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by DeGenius3(m): 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Panic not nigerians Buhari body odour will soon fix it

I hear u Sir

I no fit laugh o

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by masseratti: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
PDP is not doing well a rational individual will out this in their door steps,how can they expect to be paid when the government workers that gave them the contract in the first place have not being paid,people shout that Government is broke, Aunty NOI said we are not
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nawaoo Fashola, whiich way
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Sircj(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
janus05:

60,000 construction workers lose jobs in 4 months

By Oboh Agbonkhese
LAGOS—Over 60,000 workers in the construction sector have lost their jobs in the past four months, signifying a massive break in infrastructure development, which has been described as unfair on the workers who voted in a Federal Government that promised to protect their interests.

This was the position of the National Union of Civil Engineering Construction, Furniture and Wood Workers, NUCECFWW, at a briefing in Lagos yesterday.

According to Mr. Amechi Asugwuni, President-General of the union, development was on hold in the country and if government wants to remain true to its promise of creating jobs, it will make infrastructure development part of its war against corruption and a first step is to reactivate all roads and rail construction projects, which multiplier effects will boost the economy.

He said: “We urge the Federal Government to, among other moves, set up a monitoring committee that will ensure implementation of projects according to specifications and stop prospective employees from forcing workers to sign anti-unionization agreements.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/60000-construction-workers-lose-jobs-in-4-months/

What about expatriate that you pay 5 to 10 times than the local. You are not asking you govt to protect local Unions in Nigeria has been sold out.
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by eazydon(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
fire on the mountain
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by DeGenius3(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
HyDee001:

Vanguard must be wrong. Buhari's body language is creating 1 million jobs monthly.
Except of course, if the 60,000 of them are being probed and they choose to resign. #FearOfBuhari

no be small 1 million jobs monthly...

and just maybe as u say, they are
being probed. grin

funny Country.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by specco(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is a right observation. Even the Ago Palace way rehabilitation/dualisation has stopped since June and the Chinese company laid off workers. Gov Ambode let Lagosians feel you. It seems as if nothing is happening and some are beginning to feel nolstagia for Fashola.
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dullapo should swallow his pride and look for GEJ economic team

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by omokab: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yes this is true as many of the construction companies and quarries workers have lost their job due to delay in appointing ministers and lack of states government to embark on road construction and building construction. I know many that lost their job. Because most of the companies have close down their operation until everything is getting better. But my concern is if federal govt is not awarding due to delay in appointment of ministers what happen to the state govt after receiving their allocations and normal internal generated revenue? If the state govt have embark on project of different kind majority of workers will not loose their job.
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Holuwakemmy16(f): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Not again smh
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by calcal: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
no wonder, this last 3 months received several calls begging for money as if I'm Mr. president.

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by drss(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wonderfull! D dullaard never create d 3 million jobs way him promise during election, people dem don dey lose jobs? Buari well done o. I trust ya body odor to fix it. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by slap1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
They said his age and educational background did not matter...

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by lastpage: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Panic not nigerians Buhari body odour will soon fix it

[size=14pt]#WAILERS creating threads so that they can #wail more![/size] grin grin grin

If una no like am so, make una forward-march go enter LAGOON! tongue tongue tongue

Buhari is the President of Nigeria and there is nadda una fit do about it.

[size=14pt]On Biafra we stand![/size] shocked shocked grin grin grin

All dem thieves waiting for "Ministerial Loot"!
With all the building projects individuals are embarking on, some clowns still dey wait for Buhari before their lives get meaning?
Anuofia!

Lastpage!
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by kodded(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
*pardon my choice of words in the course of reading this post*
undecided

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by festico: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
all because we have cattle rearer as president who is clueless about our economy.

10 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by veraponpo(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
owobokiri:
And the bad news keeps dropping everyday. . I thought it will take a year or two before buharis alarming illitracy catches up with him . . The economy is going under and the gang are at Aso rock pretending to be geting ready to unleash a master-plan for the economy. But the fact is that apart from replacing technocrats with tribal mutants, buhari has no other serious agenda. How much you can blame him, I don't know. This guy has no reasonable certificate on anything worthwhile, yet he is bossing one slave of a prof. Navigating a rapidly modernising economy should be above the pay-grade of an unsuccessful goat-herder. . Those who in their hatefilled response to jonathan re-election, inflicted on this country, this cereberally empty upstart from Daurra should hang their head in shame

Some people don't know what cause-effect analysis means.

When 27 states could not pay salaries for months, how do you expect them to build houses,how do you expect those states to construct roads, how do you expect their major clients and suppliers to build. Anybody who blames Buhari for this does not know anything.

The economy was made cosmetic since last year till May this year. You will soon see the new effect of the change in the next few months .

3 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
kodded:
undecided

Lol
I should edit that out.
I was going to heavily cuss some sai Buharists who will come to this thread and spew thrash as usual but alas....

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by M4gunners: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
As usual i was here o.
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by koife(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
janus05:

60,000 construction workers lose jobs in 4 months

By Oboh Agbonkhese
LAGOS—Over 60,000 workers in the construction sector have lost their jobs in the past four months, signifying a massive break in infrastructure development, which has been described as unfair on the workers who voted in a Federal Government that promised to protect their interests.

This was the position of the National Union of Civil Engineering Construction, Furniture and Wood Workers, NUCECFWW, at a briefing in Lagos yesterday.

According to Mr. Amechi Asugwuni, President-General of the union, development was on hold in the country and if government wants to remain true to its promise of creating jobs, it will make infrastructure development part of its war against corruption and a first step is to reactivate all roads and rail construction projects, which multiplier effects will boost the economy.

He said: “We urge the Federal Government to, among other moves, set up a monitoring committee that will ensure implementation of projects according to specifications and stop prospective employees from forcing workers to sign anti-unionization agreements.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/60000-construction-workers-lose-jobs-in-4-months/
The undoing so far:
Unemployment up from 21% to 66%
Release of suspected terrorist.
De-listing from JP morgan
Investors loss 1.6trn in less than 4months
Increased bombings and BH attacks/killings
Acutely loop sidedness in appointment so far....most divisive in country history.
Verbal assets declaration without any evidence
Investors selling bonds and share.
Naira now at 230 vs dollar on parallel market
Inflation skyrocketing
I read somewhere that Nigeria will soon fall into recession before december
...and now 60k jobs loss from construction sector only.
My appeal: wailers and sai buharis have to come together and tell PMB hard truth, the rate our economy is going down we will need to put aside sentiments speak/act up when need arises.
I rest my case
Long live nja

10 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
kodded:
undecided

cheesy
Lmao
And here I was thinking the epistle I wrote was posted.
*sighs*
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by socialmediaman: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
owobokiri:
And the bad news keeps dropping everyday. . I thought it will take a year or two before buharis alarming illitracy catches up with him . . The economy is going under and the gang are at Aso rock pretending to be geting ready to unleash a master-plan for the economy. But the fact is that apart from replacing technocrats with tribal mutants, buhari has no other serious agenda. How much you can blame him, I don't know. This guy has no reasonable certificate on anything worthwhile, yet he is bossing one slave of a prof. Navigating a rapidly modernising economy should be above the pay-grade of an unsuccessful goat-herder. . Those who in their hatefilled response to jonathan re-election, inflicted on this country, this cereberally empty upstart from Daurra should hang their head in shame

You lots keep trying to prove a useless point. Let's say OBJ failed, does that make you wish for Abacha to come back? Whenever you criticize Buhari and mention GEJ, you mess up the whole sense of it. Quit this GEJ trash and face the business of the day if you wanna make any sense, Nigerians don't miss GEJ and they never will, the more you mention him, the more you remind us who got us here in the first place...

Nevertheless, this situation was not unexpected, it would be a lie to say we expected the almost destroyed economy to witness a boom without sliding into a near recession owing to the restructuring going on in the system. Those who knew the state of the economy before Buhari took over government have already braced up for these circumstances, judging from fallen oil prices and level of corruption that was capable of destroying any country who witnessed it. Things will get better gradually, miracles are not expected, but our economy will rise again with increased investor confidence and a more stable investment environment and political stability.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by InvertedHammer: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
/

I can't help but laugh. Did they round the number up or down? Who is keeping tab? People wake up.and throw fictitious numbers around to appear like they are on top of the situation. It could be 60,000, less or more but I don't believe any statistics from Nigeria. Not 58952, not 64313, but exactly 60,000. Yeah right.

\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Service Commission Appoints 6 DIGs, Promotes 14 CPs, 230 SPs, others / Things You Should Never Say At Work / DPR Aptitude Test Questions & Answers 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.