Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) (7177 Views)

Why Buhari Should NOT Appoint Falana As Minister of Justice / Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Idris As AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
VirginFinder:

Take to correction!
The AGF is the most senior legal officer in the country.
Olodo!!

Nope the CJN is the head of the judicial arm of Government.

1 Like

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
He who controls the law and its dispensation is God in the midst of others.

Sorry dear but the attorney General does not control the law in Nigeria!!He is simply the chief prosecuting counsel for the FG.The judges are the one who interprets them

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by VirginFinder: 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

Nope the CJN is the head of the judicial arm of Government.
You are a dullard!
Is there a Ministry of Justice or not?
Who heads the ministry of justice? The CJN or AGF/Minister of Justice? So how can the CJN be the most senior legal officer?

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
Okay..who is most senior legal officer in Nigeria?
1. Chief Justice of Nigeria
2. Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation.
3. President, Nigerian Bar Association.

Hint*...The CJN is the chairman of the legal privileges committee, it is his duty to discipline every member of the bench and bar, he has the right to strip any one of such privilege...if the AGF is derobbed, he loses his office. While the NBA President only has the right to suspend a lawyer from legal practise and report him to the CJN. The AGF only has the power to state govt's position on matters, such positions could be easily challenged at the Supreme court. In fact, the CJN, through a court order, can easily summon anybody in the country, including the president. The only area the AGF may rub shoulders with the CJN is when it comes to nominating a successor. While the CJN, through the NJC may only make some nominations, the AGF has the powers to influence the president's final choice.

Conclusion...the CJN is the aged-father, the AGF is the richest son, the NBA President is the eldest son...so everyone is powerful in his own right

3 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:28am On Sep 10, 2015
Scream:

Na wa ooo...PDP and sharing

No wonder at a PDP meetn u can hear Dem shoutn "Pee Dee Pee! Response "Shear d Money"
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by adekole: 5:26am On Sep 10, 2015
President Buhari is finally realizing that war against corruption in Nigeria is a very unfriendly war that can not be fought alone. Apart from the support of average Nigerians, president Buhari also needs the support of high power super Nigerians, therefore, bringing bigwig rascal like Femi Falana on board is a super fantastic move. In fact, it is a priceless decision that will only empower the change president Buhari promised Nigerians during the presidential election.

If this news is true, I can only agree that the Nigeria of yesterday is dying rapidly, and the birth of the new beginning is in process.

Definitely a very good news!
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by lonelydora: 6:03am On Sep 10, 2015
Make we take am easy first please.
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:12am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lol while I know this news is false, the AGF is not even among the juicy or powerful portfolios let alone the sixth most powerful!!

The key ministries are Petroleum, Finance, works,power and steel, interior, Defense, FCT

I lifted my eye to see who made this statement and I saw chukwudi.....that says it all, nothing else need to be said!

3 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Armaggedon: 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Who heads the ministry of justice? The CJN or AGF/Minister of Justice?
So how can the CJN be the most senior legal officer?
if you dont know what to comment leave this forum and get educated mumu.

1 Like

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Armaggedon: 6:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Yolobas are dreaming again as it were when they discovered a 'working chemistry' between buhari and fashola before buhari their slave master disgraced them.

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol so issuing press releases is now same as calling the shots ni? The person calling the shots then was Turai and not Andooka man!!!
When the budget that year was said to have been passed while Yar'Adua was in Saudi Arabia, was it Turai or Andoaka that said that the President could govern from any part of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by ecoh: 6:39am On Sep 10, 2015
All for free: HOW TO SHOP ONLINE WITHOUT GETTING SCAMMED http://iamforfree..com/2015/07/shop-online-without-getting-scammed.html?spref=tw
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by PentiumPro(f): 6:44am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Sorry dear but the attorney General does not control the law in Nigeria!!He is simply the chief prosecuting counsel for the FG.The judges are the one who interprets them
Anyone engaging you in political talks is just wasting time. You are the dumbest oldest Biafran on NL, that counts for something.
Foolish old morron.

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by bigerboy200: 6:45am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lol while I know this news is false, the AGF is not even among the juicy or powerful portfolios let alone the sixth most powerful!!

The key ministries are Petroleum, Finance, works,power and steel, interior, Defense, FCT
What is a juicy portfolio?? Are they going there to "suck juice" or to serve High time we changed our mentality..

3 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

When the budget that year was said to have been passed while Yar'Adua was in Saudi Arabia, was it Turai or Andoaka that said that the President could govern from any part of the country?
Andooka was giving press releases while Turai was running the government

1 Like

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2015
PentiumPro:

Anyone engaging you in political talks is just wasting time. You are the dumbest oldest Biafran on NL, that counts for something.
Foolish old morron.
Who argues with a young LovePeddler like you

2 Likes

Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2015
Scream:

Na wa ooo...PDP and sharing

It's in their DNA
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:22am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Andooka was giving press releases while Turai was running the government
Show me your evidence.
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by PentiumPro(f): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Who argues with a young LovePeddler like you
Bros eeee! your morronic tendencies no get another version. cheesy
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by godsonesq(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2015
I think this is far from the truth! President Buhari's ministerial list is yet to be made public.
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by hardbody: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2015
coolitempa:

Chukwudi.......aka oldgoat......AGF is even more powerful.....but I doubt the story anyway.....and I do not want hm to be because I don't think he is qualified enough....... grin

Please take me through what makes a person qualified for that post please.

I seek to learn.
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by adekole: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2015
Instead of entertaining this little person called chukwudi, why not just ignore and let him entertain himself.
Not all sneakers can be polished.
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by adekole: 11:51am On Sep 10, 2015
I am yet to confirm this news, so far, I have been getting half and half info. There is no solid confirmation that Femi Falana has been picked. But I am hoping this is true.

Is there anyone with the latest news regarding the selection of the AGF?
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bro, with due respect, speak about what you know and leave the ones you don't know to rest. If you know the enormous powers at the disposal of the AGF, you'd shudder. Aondakaa is the only AGF in our checkered history that wielded up to 80% of his powers as AGF and that is why Nigerians don't like him.

Personally, I prefer the AGF to being the Vice President, and I hold the view that Prof Osinbajo is under-utilised as the VP. The man is so sound and should have been made the AGF instead of being confined to reading newspapers and representing the President at state functions. I give him kudos every time I read the Laws of Lagos state. Our Legal system would have been better off with him as the AGF. We need reforms in the ares of;

1. Land tenure system.

2. Administration of Criminal justice.

Etc etc
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Who heads the ministry of justice? The CJN or AGF/Minister of Justice?
So how can the CJN be the most senior legal officer?

I just quoted @chukwudi44; educating him about the office of the AGF. I didn't know you had been engaged in a fierce argument with him.

People like him are those that would tell a Lawyer his job because they 'know' the law too. Very annoying!
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by tundamartin: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Are you by any chance thinking of influence and opportunity to loot the nation because those ministries have more resources? Endemic corruption!
Re: Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) by omolami: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
That is why falana has been speaking from two sides of his mouth; looking for appointments Olodo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explosive:Fayose Releases USA Court Document That Indicted Buhari's Wife- Pix / Civil Disturbances: Ugwuanyi Summons Emergency Security Meeting / General Tunde Idiagbon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.