Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible (5063 Views)

Infographics Reveal Teleporting And Time Travel Are Both Possible! / Xenophobic Attacks: Maybe Its Time To Send MTN, DSTV Away- Senator Olusola Adeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
RobinHez:

#siqhs#
Thanks for the sermon undecided

Attaining the speed of light itself is pratically impossible, so I shouldn't bother my brain!
yes yes. grin
Now you're getting it. cool
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by MasterWayne(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
what did you study in school?
prettytasha:
The topic time travel is a very interesting topic that ignites the curiosity of everybody . time travel maybe possible , but am sorry you cannot travel back in time and see how the pyramids were built ,or witness the french revolution , but some scientists like albert einstein and rosen proposed theories that says its possible to travel into th future . These theories were special relativity and quantum mechanics.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by aragon4realz(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
NASA Created A Material That Can Heal Itself In Less Than A Second From Hurtling Space Debris
http://sweetnoisenaija.com/nasa-created-a-material-that-can-heal-itself-in-less-than-a-second-from-hurtling-space-debris/
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
MasterWayne:
what did you study in school?

physics
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by MasterWayne(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
interesting. what Uni.?
prettytasha:
physics
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
MasterWayne:
interesting. what Uni.?
nigerian turkish nile university
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
anyway with time i think the speed of light barrier will be broken
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Wait lemme ask Barry Allen
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Well, even though I dnt see the benefits of traveling at such speed, it will come with a lot of challenges to make such attempt. There many issues at hand;
-propulsion system with enough energy to accelerate a body to such speed
- mass-energy interaction
- suitable material
- and i think it's only when a body is in form of light tht it can attain such speed. So, when an object travels at such speed it's more or less light.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Time zones pple have been traveling bk in time with out even knowing it
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by kkash: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hav u tot abt d amount of energy generated while traveling at d speed of light.....assuming v= 3*10^8m/s nd using d normal E=1/2 mv^2, nd lets assume mass of d individual to me 50kg.......dats huge
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by gunpoint(m): 3:34am On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh please. It's not the speed. It's the turning.
Military pilots often have to turn quickly and at sound speed, slight change of direction produces high acceleration.

Ever heard of the concord? It was a commercial airliner which travelled at [b]twice[b] the speed of sound. I don't recall them wearing any special suits. undecided
I fail to understand why you argue with them about speeds when its really relative. You are right, travelling at the speed of light "in a vacuum" will not kill a human. All the forces these other people worry about will exert an approaching nil effect on the craft. The reason fighter pilots experience the "g" force is, wait for it!!!! GRAVITY!!!
current space travel is done at above mach speeds right now and once the gravitational field of planet earth is escaped, g-forces immediately recede.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by gunpoint(m): 3:43am On Sep 23, 2015
prettytasha:
physics
I take it when you say time travel, you mean forward and backward travel?
Travelling at the speed of light will only theoretically work in a forward travel sense. It is also the most practical.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 6:26am On Sep 23, 2015
gunpoint:

I take it when you say time travel, you mean forward and backward travel?
Travelling at the speed of light will only theoretically work in a forward travel sense. It is also the most practical.
i actually stated it in my post that you cannot travel bk in time
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
gunpoint:

I fail to understand why you argue with them about speeds when its really relative. You are right, travelling at the speed of light "in a vacuum" will not kill a human. All the forces these other people worry about will exert an approaching nil effect on the craft. The reason fighter pilots experience the "g" force is, wait for it!!!! GRAVITY!!!
current space travel is done at above mach speeds right now and once the gravitational field of planet earth is escaped, g-forces immediately recede.
I have an ego problem. Once I start an argument, I can't stop myself till everyone either agrees with me or goes off.
I'm working on that.

Now, gravity. Yes, of course. The "g" force. Which in itself is a form of acceleration. Countering this produces a net force which compresses the pilot's body and stuff. But I suspect that moving perpendicularly to it, in the way that concord does, does not produce the same effect. smiley
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
kkash:
Hav u tot abt d amount of energy generated while traveling at d speed of light.....assuming v= 3*10^8m/s nd using d normal E=1/2 mv^2, nd lets assume mass of d individual to me 50kg.......dats huge
I know. Right?
At the speed of light, an infinite amount of energy is required to accelerate any mass. If that doesn't totally suck, I don't know what does.

We have just three solutions.
1. Find a way to remove mass from matter.
2. Find a way to generate infinite energy.
3. Find a way to bend spacetime.

Of everything. The third is the most plausible,
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
I have an ego problem. Once I start an argument, I can't stop myself till everyone either agrees with me or goes off.

Smbh. undecided
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

Smbh. undecided
I can't help it.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
I can't help it.
U better figure out a way...
It can ruin u undecided
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Blakjewelry(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm working on that.

Now, gravity. Yes, of course. The "g" force. Which in itself is a form of acceleration. Countering this produces a net force which compresses the pilot's body and stuff. But I suspect that moving perpendicularly to it, in the way that concord does, does not produce the same effect. smiley
Thanks for simplifying somethings so that others can understand, secondly I hate the word ego, I believe scientific argument are purely for educative purpose and not a thing of bragging.
But if you feel like your brain is all itchy and you are tired of simplifying things, let us go back to that dark matter thread and maybe open a thread on unified field theory, I have being cracking my brain for a long long time
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

U better figure out a way...

It can ruin u undecided
yeah . . . I know.
But then, I don't jump into arguments anyhow too. I have excellent restraint before. I only do argue when I feel I am indeed right, and after listening to what the other side has to say.

Which is why I always win. cool

Seriously . . . I don't think I've ever lost an argument. Persistence is key. grin grin
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Thanks for simplifying somethings so that others can understand, secondly I hate the word ego, I believe scientific argument are purely for educative purpose and not a thing of bragging.
But if you feel like your brain is all itchy and you are tired of simplifying things, let us go back to that dark matter thread and maybe open a thread on unified field theory, I have being cracking my brain for a long long time
okay. smiley
I already have a thread on dark matter. So, I will leave the unified field theory to you to open. smiley
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
yeah . . . I know.
But then, I don't jump into arguments anyhow too. I have excellent restraint before. I only do argue when I feel I am indeed right, and after listening to what the other side has to say.

Which is why I always win. cool

Seriously . . . I don't think I've ever lost an argument. Persistence is key. grin grin

U've never lost? shocked

Maybe because the other party doesn't deem it fit to keep up with the arguement undecided

You know how some people detest noise lipsrsealed
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

U've never lost? shocked

Maybe because the other party doesn't deem it fit to keep up with the arguement undecided

You know how some people detest noise lipsrsealed
Hmn, I actually don't shout during arguments. I'm a naturally quiet person. You should have guessed that by now.

Also, I use an aggressive style. In debates or arguments, or such, I don't raise my own points at all. I instead counter the other person's points. Rendering such a person logically paralyzed. It's a check. He can't think of any other thing to say. He's exhausted his own points and can't counter mine because I never raised them. So, they then resort to insults and the likes, that's when I know I've won.
Some others just walkaway and make it a draw. I hate it when that happens. cheesy
And you are the number one person that does that on Nairaland.. I'm tired of you. angry

Mentally, I imagine breaking the person's bones one by one till he can no longer stand. So cool . . . and kind of addicting. cool cool cool
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
Hmn, I actually don't shout during arguments. I'm a naturally quiet person. You should have guessed that by now.

Also, I use an aggressive style. In debates or arguments, or such, I don't raise my own points at all. I instead counter the other person's points. Rendering such a person logically paralyzed. It's a check. He can't think of any other thing to say. He's exhausted his own points and can't counter mine because I never raised them. So, they then resort to insults and the likes, that's when I know I've won.
Some others just walkaway and make it a draw. I hate it when that happens. cheesy
And you are the number one person that does that on Nairaland.. I'm tired of you. angry

Mentally, I imagine breaking the person's bones one by one till he can no longer stand. So cool . . . and kind of addicting. cool cool cool

You should have known, I was referring to our last arguement about "light of speed can kill humans" here tongue

I backed out, because I've always hated writting right from primary school. I had girlfriends who wrote my notes for me, and then I draw for them in turn...

I detest noise, and typing long epistles about a subject is enough noise to me grin

There's nothing you can do to me. You know what, I know when I'm wrong about something from the onset ( and sometimes midway through..) The decision I make after that realisation makes me who I am! cool

And even when I'm wrong, I shouldn't just give in like a kid... A simple "alright..ok" with the "undecided" smiley is enough to drive u or anyother person crazy with fury! grin
I push to the edge of the cliff and let go!..yeah...that's me cool

So you may be more intelligent (bookwise undecided) buh..u can never be smarter!!

Muahahahaha!!!
*laugh fades out*
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

You should have known, I was referring to our last arguement about "light of speed can kill humans" here tongue

I backed out, because I've always hated writting right from primary school. I had girlfriends who wrote my notes for me, and then I draw for them in turn...

I detest noise, and typing long epistles about a subject is enough noise to me grin

There's nothing you can do to me. You know what, I know when I'm wrong about something from the onset ( and sometimes midway through..) The decision I make after that realisation makes me who I am! cool

And even when I'm wrong, I shouldn't just give in like a kid... A simple "alright..ok" with the "undecided" smiley is enough to drive u or anyother person crazy with fury! grin
I push to the edge of the cliff and let go!..yeah...that's me cool

So you may be more intelligent (bookwise undecided) buh..u can never be smarter!!

Muahahahaha!!!
*laugh fades out*
my face when I read the bolded . . .

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
my face when I read the bolded . . .
grin grin
See?

Ok...let's take it from the top again!
I believe you saw this post
kkash:

Yh..yh.. U replied. So what?

So what kinda energy is produced?! @bolded smiley
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

grin grin
See?

Ok...let's take it from the top again!
I believe you saw this post

Yh..yh.. U replied. So what?

So what kinda energy is produced?! @bolded smiley
the energy produced is used to increase the mass of the object.
The fast you go, the more energy is generated, and the more your mass increases. It's not heat energy. Just . . . mass.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
the energy produced is used to increase the mass of the object.
The fast you go, the more energy is generated, and the more your mass increases. It's not heat energy. Just . . . mass.
I asked a simple question. Or didn't u do energy in SS1? smiley

Mass energy? grin
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

I asked a simple question. Or didn't u do energy in SS1? smiley

Mass energy? grin
see this guy. grin grin grin
Ss1 physics is epic fail when applied to situations like this.

And yes, mass is indeed a form of energy. cool
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
see this guy. grin grin grin Ss1 physics is epic fail when applied to situations like this.
And yes, mass is indeed a form of energy. cool
Smh.. Mass is the measure of its energy... Its never a form of energy!
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
RobinHez:

Smh.. Mass is the measure of its energy... Its never a form of energy!
er . . . okay, well . . . I guess that's . . . kind of right . . .

But consider,

The energy conservation principle dictates that energy cannot be created or other wise destroyed. But may be converted from one form to another.

This follows that if energy in some form is observed spontaneously in a location, some other form of energy MUST have existed.
In nuclear bombs, a blast of heat energy is suddenly created. We know it wasn't created. So, where did it come from? Another from of energy. Which happens to be two radioactive pieces joined together. We also know that after the explosion, some mass is seen to have disappeared.

It then follows that mass was indeed converted into heat energy. And that hence, mass is a form of energy. How much do you weigh? Divide that by 10 to get your mass and multiply it by c2. That's how many joules you're worth.

You might wonder why then mass doesn't seem so "energy like" cheesy

Welcome to quantum chromodynamics. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UPDATE:18 World Worst Engineering Mistakes(pics) / India To Create Robot Soldiers For Warfare / NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.