Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? (1981 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by PDF: 12:21am On Oct 05, 2006
Some people (xtains) have their reservation for sporting activites especially considering the obsession it creates at the expense of some other important activites. But as for boxing, everyone understands the nature of it. Boxing have left many in perpetual excruciating state of health. Despite this, so many still earn their living with it. A boxing match will either end in a victory for one of the contestants or a draw which might elicit a re-match. But regardless of how it ends, injuries, pains are always being inevitably inflicted -internally or externally.

You think a christian should consider boxing as a profession?

Note: you can react with respect to other sporting activities
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by freshB2: 12:38am On Oct 05, 2006
listen to mi my friend. you guys shouldnt see Christians as your play ground oh.
if your bribed by the enemy of progress, y not tell him the truth that you are too young and too imature to talk about what your fathers couldnt talk.
is time i broght canez here to trash people lika you.

if you hav itchies, talk about social affairs, otherwise, i sey otrherwise
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by Oracle(m): 1:06am On Oct 05, 2006
This is a funny subject to talk about.

Well, i don't really know what to say considering the fact that boxing is a combatant game.
Itz a matter of choice i guess
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by PDF: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2006
At F-fresh B

I hope you read the note expounding the topic b4 u reacted. Pls be slow to denigrate, be logical.
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by freshB2: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2006
if you guys are not unwell, y do not see the problem of tryin to drag the Name of my God into yur play by pretendin everything is fun. i hav seen subtle nature. if not yur subtlety to do it, y, y not talk somthing else for a change.

it is from tabam tabam tha leads to tabum tabum
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2006
i don't see what its got to do with it undecided
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by feelgood(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2006
NO NO NO
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by freshB2: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ ThoniaSlim

tha means you may not hav reactions

eg of wha can happen?
in a topic we started with Black men not marryin Black ladies but White ladies. few moments later, it took the full shape of racial discrimination and racism.

made any sense to you?
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2006
i just see nothing wrong in it,its just a form of sport.except its done with a baised mind. undecided
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by freshB2: 12:36am On Dec 23, 2006
course nothing is wrong with it. but as a thing of choice, some tha don't like it would want to tell you its attached to Christianity. an long "Christian" argurment will emanate.
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by tpia1: 1:08am On Jan 08, 2011
it's a question of choice.

but if you feel somehow, dont do it because you wont have the necessary agro required and will just get beat up all the time.
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Boxing? by Joagbaje(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
@poster
It's a matter of choice. It's a sport, the question is not just about boxing , but rather if Christians should be involved with games and sports . Every sport has it's own risk of injury. From car race to foot ball. Paul wrote as one who had been a sports man or a fan of sporting activities such as running and boxing

1 Corinthians 9:24-26
24 In a race everyone runs, but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win. 25 To win the contest you must deny yourselves many things that would keep you from doing your best. An athlete goes to all this trouble just to win a blue ribbon or a silver cup, but we do it for a heavenly reward that never disappears. 26 So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow- boxing or playing around.

(1) (Reply)

Do Any Atheists Argue That Atheism Is Science? / Pastor TB Joshua Did Not Predict Michael Jackson's Death! / Resist The Devil Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.