Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

ALL Pentecostals Should Read This - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ALL Pentecostals Should Read This (9678 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Why Do Pentecostals Adore Pastors On Notice Board Instead Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
vooks:

Please do

First of all, let me ask you a question. Do you beleive no Christian should speak in tongues, or its only for some people?
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jeromejnr:

First of all, let me ask you a question. Do you beleive no Christian should speak in tongues, or its only for some people?
Tongues are not for all any more than interpretation,wisdom,knowledge and prophecy are
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
vooks:

Tongues are not for all any more than interpretation,wisdom,knowledge and prophecy are

"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

So looking at this scripture. Let's leave the tongues part and look at the rest. Are they for all Christians or just a select few?
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 4:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

So looking at this scripture. Let's leave the tongues part and look at the rest. Are they for all Christians or just a select few?
If this is ALL scriptures say about tongues, they are for all.

One can say the list is incomplete, there is not interpretation of tongues here cool
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Goshen360(m): 5:09am On Sep 11, 2015
vooks,

Just accept you need to learn more doing word study and following context and also questioning the text so you can understand this tongue topic. Peace!
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 6:16am On Sep 11, 2015
vooks:

If this is ALL scriptures say about tongues, they are for all.

One can say the list is incomplete, there is not interpretation of tongues here cool

U didn't get the point.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 6:39am On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

U didn't get the point.
You too missed the point
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 6:40am On Sep 11, 2015
Goshen360:
vooks,

Just accept you need to learn more doing word study and following context and also questioning the text so you can understand this tongue topic. Peace!
Very true. This applies to all of us, including YOU Goshen360.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2015
until the heart of stone is removed and replaced with a heart of flesh.. ..
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Hesresie upon heresies some of you promote here on NL.

The devil just keeps using many people to keep others from ushering in the move of God.

These same people that write all these have never experienced the supernatural move of God in their services and they will never because they do not honour His words.

The same tongues people use in casting out devils, getting healing and revelations is what some people are attacking.

Bros,

In as much as I don't quite agree with the OP, that is his own opinion. I still deem it necessary to disagree with your last statement @bold.

Its not the tongues that are used in casting out demons and healing! It is the power of God (in the Name of Jesus) that heals and delivers. The tongues are only but gifts, and the bible clearly stated that "by their fruits 'not gifts' you know them".

Think, those that feed people snakes and grass and petrol are all speaking in tongues.

Those that make people suck their manhood are speaking in tongues.

please, its not the tongues.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Bros,

In as much as I don't quite agree with the OP, that is his own opinion. I still deem it necessary to disagree with your last statement @bold.

Its not the tongues that are used in casting out demons and healing! It is the power of God (in the Name of Jesus) that heals and delivers. The tongues are only but gifts, and the bible clearly stated that "by their fruits 'not gifts' you know them".

Think, those that feed people snakes and grass and petrol are all speaking in tongues.

Bros,

I know its power in Jesus Name that brings miracles.

But there has also been situations when God commanded that tongues be spoken in order to drive out a demon or to bring healing and even to raise the dead.

That happens because its not every time we what we should pray for as we ought to.

I will give you an example that happened.

A woman was dying of cancer and after all said and done in prayers and commands nothing happened to cure it. So God told the minister there to lay his chest on the woman's abdomen and speak in tongues. So he did that, later on he said he felt something transfer from him to the woman. The woman then cried out loud that she now knew why she had cancer, it was because of an unforgiveness she had from when she was little, because of abuse. She released that unforgiveness and instantly became healed.
This was told by Rick Renner

You see its not everything you think you know how to solve. That was why tongues was given to help in our infirmities. Tongues has also been used by some group people to cast out a devil from someone who was a devil worshiper.

If you still doubt, you can go online and check for testimonies regarding tongues.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Bros,

I know its power in Jesus Name that brings miracles.

But there has also been situations when God commanded that tongues be spoken in order to drive out a demon or to bring healing and even to raise the dead.

That happens because its not every time we what we should pray for as we ought to.

I will give you an example that happened.

A woman was dying of cancer and after all said and done in prayers and commands nothing happened to cure it. So God told the minister there to lay his chest on the woman's abdomen and speak in tongues. So he did that, later on he said he felt something transfer from him to the woman. The woman then cried out loud that she now knew why she had cancer, it was because of an unforgiveness she had from when she was little, because of abuse. She released that unforgiveness and instantly became healed.
This was told by Rick Renner

You see its not everything you think you know how to solve. That was why tongues was given to help in our infirmities. Tongues has also been used by some group people to cast out a devil from someone who was a devil worshiper.

If you still doubt, you can go online and check for testimonies regarding tongues.

you don't get it, do you?

I don't doubt the testimonies, but it wasn't the tongues.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

you don't get it, do you?

I don't doubt the testimonies, but it wasn't the tongues.

My point was that tongues was involved. If not for it, there wouldn't have been a miracle in those cases. The tongues was involved in the release of power.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by misreal(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Bros,

speaking in tongues builds up supernatural faith in you.that is why not everybody can just pray for the sick and get results.jude1:20..tongues is extremely necessary to experience the supernatural power of God.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

My point was that tongues was involved. If not for it, there wouldn't have been a miracle in those cases. The tongues was involved in the release of power.

false statement.

Tongues are good but not criteria for miracles. The bolded statement is well too exaggerated.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
misreal:
speaking in tongues builds up supernatural faith in you.that is why not everybody can just pray for the sick and get results.jude1:20..tongues is extremely necessary to experience the supernatural power of God.
I believe the bold.

But that is not why everybody cannot pray for the sick and get result. Now, you are placing undue emphasis on the gift.

Think, cases abound where persons don't speak in tongues yet get results. The only thing needed is the power of God.

There are cases again, where people commit all sorts of things speaking in tongues.

Be guided sir.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by misreal(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I believe the bold.

But that is not why everybody cannot pray for the sick and get result. Now, you are placing undue emphasis on the gift.

Think, cases abound where persons don't speak in tongues yet get results. The only thing needed is the power of God.

There are cases again, where people commit all sorts of things speaking in tongues.

Be guided sir.
people speak fake tongues does not mean they are no person that are truly baptise in the holy ghost.the gifts of the sprit are the means through which the power of God is released..I am saying what I av experienced oh,not what a pastor or priest told me..speaking in tongues activates the power of God in you,because the holy ghost lives inside of us.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
misreal:
people speak fake tongues does not mean they are no person that are truly baptise in the holy ghost.the gifts of the sprit are the means through which the power of God is released..I am saying what I av experienced oh,not what a pastor or priest told me..speaking in tongues activates the power of God in you,because the holy ghost lives inside of us.

1. Granted, people speak fake tongues. Which is why I said, its not tongues that work miracles.

2. Wrong, the power of God is rather manifested in the gifts of the Holy spirit. Are you for real? You need the gift to attract the one giving the gifts. Man, you need to start reading.

3. Speaking in tongues activates your faith.. it edifies you not the power of God.

4. The Holy Ghost lives inside of you, yes. And the Holy ghost speaks when He want to speak. And He is the one who speaks not you.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
misreal:

I am not doubting what you experienced o. But you can't put the cart before the horse it doesn't work that way.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

false statement.

Tongues are good but not criteria for miracles. The bolded statement is well too exaggerated.

Chai! This man, don't you understand English?

I said in those cases. Which cases? The scenarios I pointed out.

No one ever said it was a criteria for miracles.

But just so you know, whether you understand or not, Tongues help in preparing for explosions of miracles at a revival.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Chai! This man, don't you understand English?

I said in those cases. Which cases? The scenarios I pointed out.

No one ever said it was a criteria for miracles.

But just so you know, whether you understand or not, Tongues help in preparing for explosions of miracles at a revival.

Okay, now someone understands English, It's no longer tongues that work miracles, now it prepares for the exposition. Great, small small you will come to full realization of the truth that both tongues and miracles are gifts of God for you to enjoy.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
How do you test tongues if they be of God yet you can't understand what you are saying?
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
shyna01:
until the heart of stone is removed and replaced with a heart of flesh..
What has been preserved and passed down to us for 2000 years is the scriptures not subjective experiences

That's why scriptures come first
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
How many churches heed to scriptures
1 Corinthians 14:18 (ESV)
I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Okay, now someone understands English, It's no longer tongues that work miracles, now it prepares for the exposition. Great, small small you will come to full realization of the truth that both tongues and miracles are gifts of God for you to enjoy.

And I am wasting my time explaining to someone that said killing an ant is a sin.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
vooks:
How do you test tongues if they be of God yet you can't understand what you are saying?

Well, That is why you don't have the gift.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And I am wasting my time explaining to someone that said killing an ant is a sin.

waoh, you had to go there!!!

But if you had to derail the thread, why not quote me honestly.

I told you that God spared the ants during the days of Noah, why go about killing them if they pose no danger? Be honest bro.

I will call up the discussion, for all to see, how truthful you can be.

Because I tried to tell you that it is not tongues that work miracles but God. smh
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Goshen360(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
vooks:

Very true. This applies to all of us, including YOU Goshen360.

I agree...it also applies to me, no doubt. Be that as it may, there's really no need to argue unless if you don't mind I ask you few questions I have always asked concerning this subject of tongues. Who knows, you might help me out if I err in this subject.

vooks:

The ^ brought out one of the few questions I actually was going to ask:

1 - Who said the tongue or language spoken cannot be understood by any man not even the one who speaks it? Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit or the person who speak the understandable language?

2 - The laguage spoken on Pentecost, was it understandable or not?

3 - What is the clear difference between languages spoken on Pentecost and the one taught by Paul and if there's no difference, are both the same?
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Jeromejnr(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

waoh, you had to go there!!!

But if you had to derail the thread, why not quote me honestly.

I told you that God spared the ants during the days of Noah, why go about killing them if they pose no danger? Be honest bro.

Guy, let's not even go there. Because I can quote all you said. cool

Leave the matter for Matthias as some people say.

*DAT tin dey vex me when People talk am*
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Guy, let's not even go there. Because I can quote all you said. cool

Leave the matter for Matthias as some people say.

*DAT tin dey vex me when People talk am*

No sir,

Lets go there, so you can show the world how truthful you can be.
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by Goshen360(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
vooks:
How many churches heed to scriptures
I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue

vooks,

Please follow context! The Corinthians are plainly abusing spiritual gifts even in worship gathering......hence the statement:

19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

I have taught on the abuse of tongues in our churches in the past. It is only wrong to speak\pray in unknown tongues in churches (worship gathering) but praying\speaking in unknown tongues is not wrong as a spiritual gift!
Re: ALL Pentecostals Should Read This by vooks: 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Goshen360:

I agree...it also applies to me, no doubt. Be that as it may, there's really no need to argue unless if you don't mind I ask you few questions I have always asked concerning this subject of tongues. Who knows, you might help me out if I err in this subject.
Welcome child of Most High

The ^ brought out one of the few questions I actually was going to ask:

1 - Who said the tongue or language spoken cannot be understood by any man not even the one who speaks it? Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit or the person who speak the understandable language?
I did not say tongues can't be understood, I merely pointed to the current practice of total disregard to Paul instructions; uninterpreted tongues have no place in public worship. Does your church follow this?

2 - The laguage spoken on Pentecost, was it understandable or not?
The language was understandable by the Diasporan Jews

3 - What is the clear difference between languages spoken on Pentecost and the one taught by Paul and if there's no difference, are both the same?
They are the same.
Please note Paul instructions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Procedures To Getting Married At Rccg? / What Are You Thanking God For As 2018 Comes To An End? / How To Obtain Strong Faith (six Principles) By Dr. Fred. K.c. Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.