Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha (42338 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by SkinnyDude(m): 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
thanks to signature2012 for the inspiration...'

I just remembered how i was duped by one of these thieves outside 'Emeka offor' plaza... those around Anambra state will be familiar with this plaza..

So, i was in ss1, february 2010, when this happened..last December, 2009. Our mum gave us, my sisters and i money to buy new xmas cloth... mine was 6k. my sisters bought new cloth and shoes, except me. i bought phone with it instead. Nokia 6200 @4,500. memory card 1gig @1,000. then t.fee N500....

I started enjoying my new phone.. fast forward to 2010. the phone started disturbing. From flex problem to virus.. I was flashing it every week. i wasnt happy again. i felt depressed. I later made up my mind to sell the phone and get another one. but the problem was 'who is going to buy it'. an idea came. counter balance. thats the only option i had.

So on the d-day. i embarked on the journey with 2k. when i got to emeka offor. as usual "guy counter ballance or memory?"
i ignored those guys... went straight to one of the quarters beside the main plaza.. i approach a young guy near a show case... i told him what i came for, and he said 'you are at the right place... we started negotiating. at last, i gave him my phone, memory card and the 2k for one old symbian phone.. they call it nokia egg.. i was happy, atleast i have disposed this troublemaker. i thought i have cheated the guy... when i got home. I was so happy. charged the phne up.

Time to enjoy my new phone... after 20 mins of Pressing it.. "kpu kpu". what! battery empty. the phone was very hot. i charged it again, and same thing happened...ghen ghen...

I didnt know what to do...to cut the story short... i went there tomorrow morning, since i have spent my money and couldnt ask my mum for another cash...i went with little cash.. when i got ther the guy was telling me diferent story...that the phone is bigger than the battery.... "guy this ur phone no good. give me my phone and cash bk. "
He laughed, hahaha...and ordered me out of his shop.. i couldnt fight. i told his neighbour to help me beg him. he ignored.....

I left, heartbroken and in tears... no cash to board a bus.. i tried selling the phone there...but those wicked guys priced it 500...
over my dead body... i cant sell it that amount.. i trekked home... 2hours journey... Onitsha to Umusiome-Nkpor

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by kristen12(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Eyah!!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by zube01(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
This one everybody dey write about their experiences at phone plazas!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Chyjoey(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
SkinnyDude:
.. i trekked home... 2hours journey... onitsha to umusiome-Nkpor
This got me rotflmao.. grin grin

47 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by computerboy: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
What ever you see in Lagos you must see it in onitsha.
Alaba (lagos ) -- Iweka (onitsha)
Computer village -- Emeka offor
Same kind of trick in these markets.
Iweka is even worse as they beat customers at times

42 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Donkaz(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Eyah
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by nellaluv(f): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kikikikikiki grin grin
you trekked from main market to Umusiome-Nkpor. Kai
your story really touched me. Sorry for the bad experience. Funny but painful

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by SkinnyDude(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
nellaluv:
Kikikikikiki grin grin

you trekked from main market to Umusiome-Nkpor. Kai

your story really touched me. Sorry for the bad experience. Funny but painful

you know there?
dont patronize those guys..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by SkinnyDude(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
computerboy:
What ever you see in Lagos you must see it in onitsha.
Alaba (lagos ) -- Iweka (onitsha)
Computer village -- Emeka offor
Same kind of trick in these markets.
Iweka is even worse as they beat customers at times
and i heard police men don't arrest people there.. too bad
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by jmoore(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nkpu we taa ego gi.
Ndo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by ladyF(f): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
shocked eeyah

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by delishpot: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol, Cunning man die.........cunning. man burry am das all

SkinnyDude:
I just remembered how i was duped by one of these thieves outside 'Emeka offor' plaza... those around Anambra state will be familiar with this plaza..
So, i was in ss1, february 2010, when this happened..last December, 2009. Our mum gave us, my sisters and i money to buy new xmas cloth... mine was 6k. my sisters bought new cloth and shoes, except me. i bought phone with it instead. Nokia 6200 @4,500. memory card 1gig @1,000. then t.fee N500....
I started enjoying my new phone.. fast forward to 2010. the phone started disturbing. From flex problem to virus.. I was flashing it every week. i wasnt happy again. i felt depressed. I later made up my mind to sell the phone and get another one. but the problem was 'who is going to buy it'. an idea came. counter balance. thats the only option i had.
So on the d-day. i embarked on the journey with 2k. when i got to emeka offor. as usual "guy counter ballance or memory?"
i ignored those guys... went straight to one of the quarters beside the main plaza.. i approach a young guy near a show case... i told him what i came for, and he said 'you are at the right place... we started negotiating. at last, i gave him my phone, memory card and the 2k for one old symbian phone.. they call it nokia egg.. i was happy, atleast i have disposed this troublemaker. i thought i have cheated the guy... when i got home. I was so happy. charged the phne up.
Time to enjoy my new phone... after 20 mins of Pressing it.. "kpu kpu". what! battery empty. the phone was very hot. i charged it again, and same thing happened...ghen ghen...
I didnt know what to do...to cut the story short... i went there tomorrow morning, since i have spent my money and couldnt ask my mum for another cash...i went with little cash.. when i got ther the guy was telling me diferent story...that the phone is bigger than the battery.... "guy this ur phone no good. give me my phone and cash bk. "
He laughed, hahaha...and ordered me out of his shop.. i couldnt fight. i told his neighbour to help me beg him. he ignored.....
I left, heartbroken and in tears... no cash to board a bus.. i tried selling the phone there...but those wicked guys priced it 500...
over my dead body... i cant sell it that amount.. i trekked home... 2hours journey... Onitsha to Umusiome-Nkpor

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Kylez(m): 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
grin na every nairalander them don scam so?? grin

My freestyle rap single dropping here on Nairaland on Saturday the 12th wink
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by lekjons(m): 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
op, u didn't trek na, u did 'compulsory exercise!'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by segxi1960: 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
"SS 1 in 2010". *sigh*

13 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by odinese(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
.so wtf are we gonna do we this nonsense bullshit?

Dumb op

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by segxi1960: 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Pls where is Onitsha?
Btw pls read the below
Am an ND holder in estate management, i've been hunting for a jobnow it's been 6 months, I hereby use this medium to pass this to the audience if by any chance u can fetch meemployment, i would be very grateful, the only thing I can't do is stealing, any other job is highly welcomed, i stay currently in Ogun state but I can always migrate if there is provision for accommodation.ThanksMy contact and whatsapp number
You need a job but you don't know Onitsha. Haba!

24 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by odinese(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Pronmix(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
Emeka Offor! God forbid! Remember my experience in 2008 I travelled home for Christmas those n*ggas almost used my me do Christmas. But as a sharp guy, I prevailed.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Kizobaba(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] eyah omo badluck..dats onisha d hustling city
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by 9ijaprince(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
SkinnyDude:

I just remembered how i was duped by one of these thieves outside 'Emeka offor' plaza... those around Anambra state will be familiar with this plaza..p

seen. Next
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by AmakaDNBStories(f): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nawa o
Check my signature and be happy
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Dindondin(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
booked
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by LesbianBoy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by dhardline(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
The hunter became the hunted.
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by UjSizzle(f): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
The infamous Emeka Offor Plaza grin I was discussing it with my brother yesterday.
Guy if you ever want to go there, find someone who's friends with the guys there or you go lost tongue
That's when these touts hanging around come in handy. Buddy up and give them small change for lunch (or weed. Whatever)

About that trek. Me and an old friend walked from there to Nkpor one time. I don't know what possessed us that day to start the walk but we didn't stop until we got to Nkpor. I believe I must have been crazy then to try that rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by karimo1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Woooooow the snake is really really big oo
God is truely helping us
good news kudos
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
a
Re: My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Those people do chop my money 5,800k the claimed the upgraded my new phone I but new the same day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes / 9mobile Night And Weekend Data Plans & Subscription Codes / Homtom Ht50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.