Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. (36896 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience Using An Itel Phone / Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by olaitoro(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
op chai erie na gi.
hahahaha
Onitsha boys are not smiling, op next time wise up and stop behaving like sissy when in business transaction.
Igbo Boys Movement IBM. proud of them.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
olaitoro:
op chai erie na gi.

hahahaha

Onitsha boys are not smiling,
op next time wise up and stop behaving like sissy when in business transaction.

Igbo Boys Movement IBM. proud of them.

Mehn. It was crazy joor... Main thing is that i shared my experience so many more doesn't have to go through it again...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by jmichlins(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
From the moment you stepped into the market, you looked like jjc and they capitalized on that. You could have opened a thread here to sell the device or give it out to someone as charity and the pain you are feeling now you will not experience it. Believe me when i tell you that the feeling will last for years. Whenever you hear of the plaza you will realize how foolish you were

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by donhils: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
You should not have allowed them scan anything for you in the first place. Anyways, u didn't know. Sorry.
But what those guys are doing is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Op if u won't do business with an Igbo man again, that probably means u may never do business with anybody again. Another thing you could've done was simply go out and look for those Mopol guys around, bring them there and all your problems would be solved.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmmm
I don't want to talk
But sorry OP.
Dey are so much in love with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
donhils:
You should not have allowed them scan anything for you in the first place. Anyways, u didn't know. Sorry.
But what those guys are doing is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Op if u won't do business with an Igbo man again, that probably means u may never do business with anybody again. Another thing you could've done was simply go out and look for those Mopol guys around, bring them there and all your problems would be solved.

Next time i wanna do biz with an igbo man then i will go with two or three persons and if possible a police man

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hahahaha! Umu Otu adighi achi! But guy u dull oo! Hw u go allow them intimidate u like that nah?

Back then when I was still novice in this kind of game, I use to give them my memory card to transfer #200 songs at the rate of #20, they'll just copy all music in their system and tell me that my money is #5k. As novice wey i be then, i'll plead with them to collect 2k.

They dare not try it again now. That white house go hear our voice that day.
The thing is, you went there speaking high vocab for them. Then when u see say mata don tie rappa, u then switch to igbo. hahaha!. That's why they saw you as potential maga. I'm in the market, so I know.

N:B never buy or sell any from those agents(OSOAFIA) standing on the road.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
U

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
jmichlins:
From the moment you stepped into the market, you looked like jjc and they capitalized on that. You could have opened a thread here to sell the device or give it out to someone as charity and the pain you are feeling now you will not experience it. Believe me when i tell you that the feeling will last for years. Whenever you hear of the plaza you will realize how foolish you were

It wont last for years o.... When i was leaving another guy saw me with the two tabs and asked if i wanted to sell or repair... I just smiled and went my way....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Royal155:
Hahahaha! Umu Otu adighi achi! But guy u dull oo! Hw u go allow them intimidate u like that nah?

Back then when I was still novice in this kind of game, I use to give them my memory card to transfer #200 songs at the rate of #20, they'll just copy all music in their system and tell me that my money is #5k. As novice wey i be then, i'll plead with them to collect 2k.

They dare not try it again now. That white house go hear our voice that day.
The thing is, you went there speaking high vocab for them. Then when u see say mata don tie rappa, u then switch to igbo. hahaha!. That's why they saw you as potential maga. I'm in the market, so I know.

N:B never buy or sell any from those agents(OSOAFIA) standing on the road.

Lol.... No be small thing.... At least i share my experience so another person no go fall na

9 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by jmichlins(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

It wont last for years o.... When i was leaving another guy saw me with the two tabs and asked if i wanted to sell or repair... I just smiled and went my way....
the gut feeling of been cheated lasts very long

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
kenchop:
WHAT IS THIS FOOL SAYING?

E Pain am

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
You would have just come to commercial centre of Lagos grin
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by vickylincon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
See this guy... You no even happy say dem no collect the remaining two gadget for your hand... Trust my guys at computer village

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Boys are not smiling ooo
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by johntaiwo123(m): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
K
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by kenchop: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
PMB NOT THE ONLY DULLARD IN TOWN. PADDY YOU DULL !!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Marvel1206: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Lol. Dude see as dem wear pant for your head.. And you dey watch action films everyday

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by MadCow1: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Emeka Offor is an IPOB Hero.. angry

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Jonzingmaster(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dude...i feel your pain...but its so unfortunate

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by pochoo: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
You should have allowed them to call the security.

I have experienced something close to this before with no one by my side, I begged them (like 5 guys) for a while because I was younger and (NSW) neva-sabi-well. After a lot of talks and threat that I should pay 5k or loose my gadget, I gently stepped out of the shop, marked the faces and the shop address well, then went to a nearby police station to report the issue.

Short story, I got my gadget back without feeling cheated after the police intervened.

Computer village, I believe they are "BADDER" than those guys!

Sorry for your loss shocked angry angry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by HopeAlive14(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
People can't just be losing their valuables and joy like that.

The authorities in that market should do something to curb this menace; otherwise the market will continue to have a "bad" name.

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by ify84(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
It is not about Igbos.... U were a JJC and maybe, a feeble, or aje butter... Who was pushed around.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by chimah3(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
Your MUMUism get part 10!

How old Re you @op?

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by colossus2: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
Novice undecided
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by FanYogo1(f): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
Never trade with an Ibo man again. You've been forwarned. We've had many threads like this one pop up.

ify84:
It is not about Igbos.... U were a JJC and maybe, a feeble, or aje butter... Who was pushed around.

It is about Ibos. That's why Yorubas will always control the business sector while y'all continue with your trading. .

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by utenwuson: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Guy u not just try walahi, d moment u were approached n u mumushly agreed u wanted to sell , dt moment I knew u were in 4 a jobberman! Hope u v learnt sha

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by boss1310(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
ain't nobody to blame there but yourself, first you went to a market and start transaction with people you met outside and not somebody you met in his shop.do you really think they are there to help you and not to make profits off you,so if you get to airports you talk to people standing at the doors and not those behind the desk or counters.are you a Nigerian at all
secondly you already start playing tribal card,hmmm we still have a long way to go in this country cos I also remember someone on this forum blaming the Yorubas when he was duped at computer village.tribes don't commit crimes individuals do
thirdly when you made that mistake you should have looked for market authorities and lay your complain they will return your phone and evict those touts cos that's their policy at Emeka offor but you chose to run back home to post it on Nairaland. you fall mugu like the whites

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Dottore: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sorry
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......

sorry......is every were,,but do you want to sell.or repair d phone......and Di's is wat we call foolishnesses..... always be wise.....you never bargained well before giving out your phone....are you normal.......and from ur statement I know you are from Di's d brown roof republic......and you saying you will never want to do business wit an igboman...sorry...because Igbo dominates all d business in Nigeria even in asaba.....except you have made up your mind never to do business in asaba......sorry oh...

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Ikegift4real(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
please go back to main market ask of white house, lay your complain there and see how those boys will tremble and they will be fined. it has worked for me and my boss..

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Mtn Cheat/free Call/sms Software / MTN BIS Is Now Really Unlimited. / Michael Akindele, 30-Year-Old Nigerian Mobile Phone Maker, Gets Global Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.