Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (45123 Views)

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Heazy2015(m): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
I had been usiing my Blackberry Bold 5. I think. One
of those camera phones and it was clear that The Lord
wanted me to upgrade. A new year beckoned and I wanted to
enter it with one of those phones that used stylus and were
y’know big. So, ladies and gentlemen, I proceeded to proceed to
Computer Village to make my dream a reality. I had with me
my old phone and about N10, 000. The plan of course was to
do a swap, add some cash and get the precious Q10. Gosh, I
was so excited.

That’s how I got there with my own two legs and saw those
guys that sell phones on the street. Asked one if he had the
phone o, he said yes. Can’t remember his name sha, but he sha
showed me the Q10. I played with it, even made a demo call
and all to be sure it worked. Baba took me off the street saying,
“We can’t do business here o, before these agberos will ask you
to settle them”. So, he took me to a shed. All this while, he
wrapped the Q10 in a white handkerchief saying he didn’t
want it to scratch and that’s how he keeps his phones. Me that I
wasn’t even paying attention. I was just excited ‘cos my level
was about to change. Nigga just give me phone, abeg.

So, we’re chilling in this shed, negotiating. He says I’m going
to have to give up my phone and cash. I’m like, “How much?”
He says like N15, 000. I’m like, “Just look at this scam. I’ll
give you N10, 000 last.” He mutters some shot and agrees. He
takes my phone to check it. He then tells me he’s going to stop
a bike for me so that no agberos will disturb me immediately
we’re done. I’m like Okak. He takes the N10, 000, counts it
and then gets a bike for me. He tells me not to stop o because
these agberos. So he hands me the handkerchief.

Men and brethren, I got on this bike so excited and told the
bike man, “Go go go, don’t stop!!!”

The bike man took me to Allen avenue before I came down. I
held on to this handkerchief like my life depended on it. Fam, I
was a big boy now. They were going to respect me now. I had
officially arrived. Do they know those of us that have Q10?
Shiiii.

So I said, let me check my phone jare. I unwrapped the hanky.
Children of God, I unwrapped the hanky – and looking at me
in all it’s glory was a bright white bar of B29 soap. I looked at
the soap, the soap looked at me…I looked at the soap. I poked
the soap. Maybe this was a case for the phone. I turned the
soap over. No buttons, No screen. I was weak, guys. I was
weak. I stood there for some minutes staring at this soap.
Look. I took the quickest bike back to Computer Village. Of
course, it was instinct. I didn’t see the seller. I still had the
bloody soap. One idiot there now asked me, “Broda, why you
dey para? Dem no give you the cream wey dey follow the
soap?”

Ladies and gentlemen, I had sold my phone and paid extra
N10, 000 for B29 soap (with no accompanying cream). That’s
most likely the most expensive B29 soap in the history of
Nigeria.

I Have to borrow my aunts phone for the main time

You can as well share Ur own experience too

429 Likes 64 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Maccoy1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
my own case was similar, but its a long time ago. I went with my friend to yaba to buy a phone on getting there I saw some show glass with phones on display, that time the phones that were common was symbian nd nokia2700.while I was still debating on d price a man who was standing by my side just flashed his phone at me and all I could remember was me,my friend nd the man debating on d price, we finally settled on 4000 which was the only money I was with.initially before paying d money I checked the phone nd it was working,but he collected the phone and told us he doesn't want the police man standing beside us to know what we were doing, so after paying the money he asked us to hurriedly leave nd not look back so the police man would not interfer. that was how I took the phone nd walked for long distance,infact I almost got home before I discovered that I was holding a phone casing packed with fufu. Ever since then(2011) I nd my friend became wise.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by broxymall(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
lol grin grin grin
dnt use the soap o if not you will be washing away your destiny. .

even a bold 5 is more better than the q10,drains ba3 alot
bold 5 was sold more than 80k before, but q10 is sold for 40k, in a year to come, you will come here and sell for 5k for a newer version

visit my signature

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by aieromon(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Ate247(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
grin grin grin keep dat soap in a safe. very expensive

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Swegzfreak: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Br0... I swear if 2 say na my 7yr old bro tell me dis kind crap I go comot in head... Imagine?! U no get brain nd d tin dy pain me sha anyway congrats on ur stupidity, guess u lived happily ever after
Mumu of the 1st other!!! Mtcheew

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Heazy2015(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
kristen12:
gringringringrin
its kinda funny.. but I hate stories that touches d heart...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by broxymall(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
Swegzfreak:
Br0... I swear if 2 say na my 7yr old bro tell me dis kind crap I go comot in head... Imagine?! U no get brain nd d tin dy pain me sha anyway congrats on ur stupidity, guess u lived happily ever after
lol
i tell u my Guy
i bin think say goat stupid not knwing the Op was more than that grin
no charger, nothin, jux carry go

11 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by broxymall(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Op tell us what phone you are using now?
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by barackodam: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
LMAO....very freaking funny......i was almost lafin lyk a mad man

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by dejavski(m): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Heazy2015(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
broxymall:
Op tell us what phone you are using now?
presently using one of my Aunty's phone for the main time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by parrotibaba(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin man that soap suppose enter Guinness book of world records as the most expensive soap on planet earth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by broxymall(m): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Heazy2015:
presently using one of my Aunty's phone for the main time
i would advice you not to fall among the crowd, coz this life we are blinded by things we crave for when the dough is not much available. try to decipher what this mean and not the other way round.
as you can see you paid a price for wanting something that make people fall head on you.
You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure. james 4:2-3

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by 3Dee(m): 2:04am On Sep 10, 2015
The thunder wey go fire those computer village boys still dey inside oven. Mine was my laptop o. I went to computer village with the hope of repairing my laptop's charging point. I was trying to look for a repair shop when a guy accosted me and asked if I was looking for where to repair my laptop. I shunned him at first, but after walking round for 20 mins I went back to locate the guy.
Fast forward to his burrowed shop, he tried my laptop with my charger and told me he wanted to test it the laptop with his oga's charger next shop. I kept my eyes on him of course but what surprised me was how he was able to remove my screen without me seeing him remove it. I later got to know after 2weeks. Chai, I no fit cry.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Emeka71(m): 2:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Complete mugu.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by sconp: 2:31am On Sep 10, 2015
Hahaha Funny stories, I has a good laugh.
computer village, a place where your phone could be stolen even when you are playing music with it and the music won't stop.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by pmc01(m): 4:32am On Sep 10, 2015
This kind of mumuness is alarming. Na wah o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by udysweet(f): 4:33am On Sep 10, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:11am On Sep 10, 2015
I had a similar case wit the op
But mine was @Ikorodu as far back as 2011
Chai! I nearly kill myself....
smh!
Naija shaa...

1 Like

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by OmichaelO: 5:32am On Sep 10, 2015
grin grin grin this line got me cracking

Ladies and gentlemen, I had sold my phone and paid extra
N10, 000 for B29 soap (with no accompanying cream). That’s
most likely the most expensive B29 soap in the history of
Nigeria.

29 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by kulboy(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Hehehe grin. Really funny story, I'm sure lessons would be learnt from this experience of yours.

2 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by lonelydora: 6:04am On Sep 10, 2015
Okay
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by naijainfogalery: 6:11am On Sep 10, 2015
If you are a street boy there are some scam you will never fall for

5 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
Its been long, Needed a new phone then,went to Alaba int'l to buy a second hand phone,I begged the guy to sell me a good phone,he was swearing to God,that the phone he sold to me was good..

I left,I haven't gotten to mile 2,before the screen started blinking,and finally went blank,all effort to repair it was futile,I was told the phone has expired.

I couldn't even remember the exact shop I bought it..I was mad,I wake up every night to curse the guy for like one week.

Since then,I buy anything I need new and from the manufacturer's showroom.m

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 10, 2015
happened to me too, parted with 9.5 thinking I've arrived with Sony Ericsson k850i, NA so I see soap o

7 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by angelTI(f): 6:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Choi grin grin grin grin grin

See neat and smooth scam cheesy cheesy cheesy

OP na funny and good writer o

13 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2015
Swegzfreak:
broxymall:

lol
i tell u my Guy
i bin think say goat stupid not knwing the Op was more than that grin
no charger, nothin, jux carry go
Ediots like you end up falling for the cheapest of scams.

But Op, check well, maybe the guy sold you a vintage B29 soap. Everyone knows the price for any vintage item is always crazy. grin

Friedplantain

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by bigtt76(f): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2015
All my three brand new phones - Nokia N70, Sony Ericsson K750 were all bought from Ikeda Computer Village albeit renown stores like i-Cell and Sims back then no dulling.

3 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Bacteriocin(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Ediots like you end up falling for the cheapest of scams.

But Op, check well, maybe the guy sold you a vintage B29 soap. Everyone knows the price for any vintage item is always crazy. grin

Friedplantain
God bless you my brother. We know their type.
I'm so much familiar with "floor" and I can tell you that as far na your day, if those boys handle you, na only God fit deliver person from dem.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Internet Plan For Heavy Users / USSD: MTN Snubs Banks, Links 77 Million Subscribers To FINTECH Platforms / Whatsapp Now Offers Protection For Your Profile Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.