Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 (26984 Views)

What Will Happen If There Is No Election In Anambra State / INEC Official Explains Why Rivers Re-run Election Took So Long / Photos From A Wedding That Took Place At An IDP Camp In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by midolian(m): 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
More witnesses from the Nigerian Army who testified on Thursday at the Rivers State Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja, insisted that the April 11 gubernatorial polls did not hold in the state contrary to the claim of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Governor Nyesom Wike.

Compelled by subpoena, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) who sent three other army officers to testify at the Justice Suleman Ambrosa led tribunal ,  maintained that election did not hold in virtually all polling centres assigned to them to provide security.

Corroborating what Captain Garba Sani testified on Wednesday, the three army officers who led different deployments on the order of the Nigerian Army said that political hoodlums and thugs carted away the election materials after the would-be voters had allegedly been scared away with gun shots.

The three army officers who covered different local governments for the army are captains Abubakar Mohammed, Captain Fred Bala and Captain Isa Almakura.

Almakura who covered Ikwerri local government along with 30 other soldiers claimed that the entire council was tensed up right from April 10 when his team arrived the area to provide security for voters.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-more-army-witnesses-insists-no-election-took-place-on-april-11/219887/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Imortal001: 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wike win the election through mago-mago! his time on that sit is limited.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Demmocrats(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wait a minute the captains where on duty with 30 soldiers attached to him and the hoodlum successfully took the ballot box.

I don't believe it that's a lie if such happen the captain won't come out in the open and open up about his incompetence in the Nigerian army

.if its 3 local government then let there be a rerun of the elections in that affected area.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
SHARE THE GALA SHARE THE BOOZE!.

grin

10 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by braine(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sleepyhead Wike going, ... going ... cheesy

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Bevista: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
Not looking good for Wike and PDP.

My personal opinion is that Wike/PDP would have easily won a free & fair election, but then they were so desperate that they couldn't take such risk. Anyway, the worst the Tribunal can do is to order a fresh election, for which Wike is still most likely to win.

The only little problem there would be that he will need to vacate office and loose his immunity while waiting for the elections. This is where the EFCC & DSS will come in handy. Suddenly, this little problem might become a disaster.

Enough of Thuggery and Rigging. Nigerians must have the freedom and right to elect whoever they want. This is the only way politicians will feel accountable and indebted to the people and not to some godfathers.

A free & fair election in Rivers State is likely not to have more than 700k voter turnout. Where the hell did they manufacture 1.4m votes from? A state that has less than half the number of registered voters in Lagos suddenly had more votes cast than Lagos. PDP Magic!

135 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by kodded(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2015

obeying oders from above

smh undecided undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Blizzle(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
It's going down!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Pierocash(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
This is not a matter of been partisan, Wike must be removed.every right thinking Being in Rivers State knows there was no election in d state.In my area in portharcout here,there was no election.d entire state was tensed as if there was war, thugs killing and shooting at opposition APC members.Wike must be prosecuted for this injustice and bloodletting.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by ddippset(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
Now you tell Nyesom Wike that his days are numbered. Tell him I said só.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hohohoho cheesy
E don dey hot for wike.
Plays "gone, going, gone" by black eyed peas

Cc: lalasticlala

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by ddippset(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
People think port Harcourt represents the entire rivers. Wike can win porthacourt and Obio akpor. These are the major places where you hear every tout shouting wike will win 100 times live. All other local governments could easily fall to apc.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by agarawu23(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
I knew that sleeping man will not last grin

More film to come

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by midolian(m): 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:

More film to come
cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by oganology33(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Funny People. Y ddnt elections hold Wen d military was present 2 ensure security. Elections ddnt hold but Bros Peterside casted his vote and won an LGA. Oh!!! I forgot. dat's d only LGA elections held. Una go dey 4 west dey shout " Wike must go" make una com carry am go na Some of u said "He won't last 3 months." We're celebrating 100days in office. Next u'll start shouting he won't last 2nd tenure.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Demdem(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Yesterday, it was just one captain and one LGA, today, additional three captains comprising three extra LGA making four LGAs that elections didnt hold. I hope Wike thugs are hearing this? Below is yesterdays testimony from another captain grin grin grin

An army officer, Captain Garba Sani, told the Rivers State Governorship Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Wednesday‎ that he never saw where election was conducted in Tai Local Government Area where he and his other men were deployed to maintain peace and order on April 11, 2015, the day the poll was scheduled to hold.

The Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal overruled the objection by Governor Nyesom Wike, his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, before Sani was allowed to give his oral evidence on Wednesday.

Sani, a subpoenaed witness, who said he led 37 other soldiers on a patrol of the entire Tai, which is one of the 23 local government areas in Rivers State, said he appeared before the tribunal on the directive of army authorities.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-election-in-tai-lga-army-tells-%E2%80%8Erivers-tribunal/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by agarawu23(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
oganology33:
Funny People. Y ddnt elections hold Wen d military was present 2 ensure security. Elections ddnt hold but Bros Peterside casted his vote and won an LGA. Oh!!! I forgot. dat's d only LGA elections held.
what's this one saying undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by mymadam(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
Bevista:
...The only little problem would be that he will need to vacate office and loose his immunity while waiting for the elections. This is where the EFCC & DSS will come in handy. This little problem my suddenly become a disaster...

Thank you. Thank God we have a visionary in the house! Without being partisan, it is obvious that the writing is on the wall. Permit me to quote you... "This little problem may suddenly become a disaster".

7 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Sunnycliff(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
...And so
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by alaoeri: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wike the caretaker governor don enter one chance. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Atmmachine(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
There are some News i will hear even when I'm deep asleep, i will know it's just another big lie from APC

8 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by lifezone247(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:

More film to come
The part 2 go bad gan

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Shehucom(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
Instead of this guy to live Ameachi Alone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by agarawu23(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
lifezone247:

The part 2 go bad gan
not part 2 bro
Na season film.

I just pray he doesn't fall asleep when the film go start cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by emamos: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
asiri tu
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by atlwireles: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
More APC army witnesses, that should be the correct headline. Abi, are these not APC witnesses taking the witness box? If I may ask again, where is Captain Koli? the APC Ekiti army witness?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by jmoore(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
I thought INEC is in charge of elections. Is the military the new electoral body?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by oganology33(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Bevista:
Not looking good for Wike and PDP.

My personal opinion is that Wike would have won a free & fair election, but they were so desperate that they couldn't take such risk. The worst the Tribunal can do is to order a fresh election, for which Wike is still likely to win.

The only little problem would be that he will need to vacate office and loose his immunity while waiting for the elections. This is where the EFCC & DSS will come in handy. This little problem my suddenly become a disaster.

Enough of Thuggery and Rigging, Nigerians must have the freedom and right to elect whoever they want. This is the only way politicians will feel accountable and indebted to the people and not some godfathers.
And who told u he is gonna vacate office if tribunal orders a rerun

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by missKiffy(f): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by freedom96: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol...Wike be like...what re this guys talking about?

6 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by sammyj: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wicked Wike is going and might be jailed for election malpractice based on Nigeria Electoral law and also be charged for alleged embezzlement of education trust fund during his administration as the minister of education. Hope wailers association and Chest beaters will not flood this thread ranting and wailing song of war over nothing based on past experience with the last clueless government! !! grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by chuose: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
[size=13pt]Nothing dey surprise me anymore.

No be Kano wey get 6million votes and yet we all know they registered only 400K people?

No be children dey vote APC here for GMB, then people go talk say GMB na honest man.
[/size]

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$9.6million: Andrew Yakubu Arraigned In Court (Pics) / There May Be No General Elections In 2023 — PDP / EFCC: Falana Refutes Receiving N28m From Magu, Threatens Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.