Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 (27005 Views)

What Will Happen If There Is No Election In Anambra State / INEC Official Explains Why Rivers Re-run Election Took So Long / Photos From A Wedding That Took Place At An IDP Camp In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by dokyOloye: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
Demdem:
Yesterday, it was just one captain and one LGA, today, additional three captains comprising three extra LGA making four LGAs that elections didnt hold. I hope Wike thugs are hearing this? Below is yesterdays testimony from another captain grin grin grin

An army officer, Captain Garba Sani, told the Rivers State Governorship Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Wednesday‎ that he never saw where election was conducted in Tai Local Government Area where he and his other men were deployed to maintain peace and order on April 11, 2015, the day the poll was scheduled to hold.

The Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal overruled the objection by Governor Nyesom Wike, his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, before Sani was allowed to give his oral evidence on Wednesday.

Sani, a subpoenaed witness, who said he led 37 other soldiers on a patrol of the entire Tai, which is one of the 23 local government areas in Rivers State, said he appeared before the tribunal on the directive of army authorities.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-election-in-tai-lga-army-tells-%E2%80%8Erivers-tribunal/
What were d soldiers doing while d hoodlums were carting away d ballot materials?
Supervising them?
So soldiers are now allowed to serve as witnesses in election petitions?
Na wa for my country oo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by dokyOloye: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
atlwireles:
More APC army witnesses, that should be the correct headline. Abi, are these not APC witnesses taking the witness box? If I may ask again, where is Captain Koli? the APC Ekiti army witness?
later they will say Marilyn Oga was sacked for partisanship,but here are Nigerian soldiers giving witness in favour of a political party,what can be more partisan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Abagworo(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
When some of us non-partisan on ground gave the true story that there was no election, hired PDP agents were saying nothing will happen or threatening war. Abagworo has written it that the next Governor of Rivers State must be from Riverine even if not Dakuku. Justice is very important. If upland is to take it then Ogoni should.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by philips70(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
chuose:
[size=13pt]Nothing dey surprise me anymore.

No be Kano wey get 6million votes and yet we all know they registered only 400K people?

No be children dey vote APC here for GMB, then people go talk say GMB na honest man.
[/size]

Are you that daft? Where in those pictures did you see anyone voting Buhari? When people talk about underage voting in the north and automatically credit it to Buhari I just laugh it off. Who says the underage voters were not voting for the PDP? Didn't the PDP secure votes in the north? Where there no senatorial and HOR elections on same day? How do anyone know or confirm these kids were arranged to vote Buhari and not a senatorial or HOR candidate or even for Jonathan?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Youngzedd(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
Shehucom:
Instead of this guy to live Ameachi Alone

The guy is not smart. He haven't seen anything yet.

Anything pepe put hand, na so e go scatter.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by ozo13(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=kodded post=37880816][b][i]
so where is the 'change' ? Bros y d thing dey pain u nah.
grin grin grin .na politics nah.ppl like u using change as an evidence against buhari Neva believe in change from day one.so leave change mata alone abeg.PDP need suffer small too.wike go suffer .jus pray make ameachi no dey buhari calculation as minister or else wike will b frustrated too d same way he frustrated ameachi

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by forayfleo(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
alaoeri:
Wike the caretaker governor don enter one chance. cheesy
hahahaha I voted for Wike and he still remain the Governor till 2019 just talk about your state and allow me to decide in my state thank u

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Demdem(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
What were d soldiers doing while d hoodlums were carting away d ballot materials?
Supervising them?
Na wa for my country oo.

Jonah-daft and shepopotamus were in charge then and were instructed to do nothing because those hoodlums were sent by wike, their beloved son. The soldiers were subpoenaed, only if u know what that means in a democratic setting under the rule of law. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by bettercreature(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
Bevista:
Not looking good for Wike and PDP.

My personal opinion is that Wike/PDP would have easily won a free & fair election, but then they were so desperate that they couldn't take such risk. Anyway, the worst the Tribunal can do is to order a fresh election, for which Wike is still most likely to win.

The only little problem there would be that he will need to vacate office and loose his immunity while waiting for the elections. This is where the EFCC & DSS will come in handy. Suddenly, this little problem might become a disaster.

Enough of Thuggery and Rigging. Nigerians must have the freedom and right to elect whoever they want. This is the only way politicians will feel accountable and indebted to the people and not to some godfathers.

A free & fair election in Rivers State is likely not to have more than 700k voter turnout (especially with the kind of election violence we were hearing). Where the hell did they manufacture 1.4m votes from? A state that has less than half the number of registered voters in Lagos suddenly had more votes cast than Lagos. PDP Magic!
You are so on point,Wike will not have the chance to contest again,and am sure APC will fast track this tribunal because of Amaechi's probe

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by teadrake(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
It seems Wike borrowed magic number from MTN in clinching the victory during the last poll.Now,MTN want their sim back.chai!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Nellybii: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
chiedu7:
[size=15pt]Nigeria is the only country where there are more people in the desert than where Savannah places.

The only place where children vote in the North and they say it's free and fair.

Well una all don see GMB practicing NORTHOCRACY IN A DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM
[/size]

Nigeria is the only place where thugs like you roam the streets freely instead of serving jail terms.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
ddippset:
People think port Harcourt represents the entire rivers. Wike can win porthacourt and Obio akpor. These are the major places where you hear every tout shouting wike will win 100 times live. All other local governments could easily fall to apc.
You Go school i beg, your analysis is second to none.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by mbjsuki(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
I knew it right from the onset, that guy got it wrong right from the beginning by tagging along with the likes of mama peace.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by nuclearboy(m): 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
Not looking good for Wike

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by spiralwedge(m): 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wike is finished. I am actually waiting to see how long he would occupy that seat.

and yes, he would be tried for his little time in office. He played bad bad bad politics

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
Why is it only mallam army they are sending. How can hoodlums seize the ballot box from the army. Widespread conspiracy. Mastubators thriving on vasline.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by spiralwedge(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
Supervising them?
Na wa for my country oo.

blame that on your hero, GEJ? shioorrr!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by forayfleo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=ozo13 post=37881482][/quote]Don't forget Wike make Ameachi the Governor of Rivers state and Ameachi knows Wike morethan urself and this is the more reason while the former Governor of Rivers state told is party not to allow His exellency Chief Barr. Ezebuwon Nyesom Wike to carry the flag of PDP because if they do lost is there possion and that is how it happened so stop disturbing urself I remain Forayleo thank u.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by focus7: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
Waiting for Ayo Fayose and Olisa Menthu to comment.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
atlwireles:
More APC army witnesses, that should be the correct headline. Abi, are these not APC witnesses taking the witness box? If I may ask again, where is Captain Koli? the APC Ekiti army witness?
Shut up! Was it Buhari or the clueless drunk of Jonathan that deplored the army in the last governorship election?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by jerrywool: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
[size=28pt]Even if JESUS CHRIST himself comes down to testify that no election took place. APC will never win election in Rivers.[/size]
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by forayfleo(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
spiralwedge:
Wike is finished. I am actually waiting to see how long he would occupy that seat.

and yes, he would be tried for his little time in office. He played bad bad bad politics
Wike remain rivers Governor till 2019 and if you don't know read and understand (Dakuku is not a candidate in my state) the big mistake Ameachi made that makes rivers elections easy for PDP.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by bisalek: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hmmm.! I know surely dat Truth would prevailed

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by Dee60: 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Demmocrats:
Wait a minute the captains where on duty with 30 soldiers attached to him and the hoodlum successfully took the ballot box.

I don't believe it that's a lie if such happen the captain won't come out in the open and open up about his incompetence in the Nigerian army

.if its 3 local government then let there be a rerun of the elections in that affected area.

Soldiers follow the instruction of their commanders or their CinC! They dont just start shooting! It should be properly investigated. You made a good point that calls for investigation on why they did not shoot.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by sammhi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
why do we always do and say wrong things... so the Army has now become INEC , police, election observers , party reps etc For God sake why drag army onto this?
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by HopeAtHand: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
ddippset:
People think port Harcourt represents the entire rivers. Wike can win porthacourt and Obio akpor. These are the major places where you hear every tout shouting wike will win 100 times live. All other local governments could easily fall to apc.

Wike is quite popular among Riverians..non Indigenes tho aren't favourable towards him.

non Indigenes better find a balance.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by forayfleo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
spiralwedge:

Wike is rivers choice till 2023. Note it
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by kodded(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=ozo13 post=37881482][/quote]
are you saying buhari is also corrupt ? shocked
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by litetias(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
Truth can never be suppressed

1 Like

Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by atlwireles: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Shut up! Was it Buhari or the clueless drunk of Jonathan that deplored the army in the last governorship election?

Are you asking your lost itsekiri father, that never was to shut up lipsrsealed, pathetic congenital liar. Useless almajiri, go kill yourself and household.
Re: Rivers: More Army Witnesses Insist No Election Took Place On April 11 by tonybabala: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
when there is a order from Above? Have u forgotten dame jonathan was instrumental to the sack of the IG simply becos he refused to ask the AIG to leave and return to calabar? wake up tide has changed. what goes up must come down. Let Justice prevail.
Demmocrats:
Wait a minute the captains where on duty with 30 soldiers attached to him and the hoodlum successfully took the ballot box.

I don't believe it that's a lie if such happen the captain won't come out in the open and open up about his incompetence in the Nigerian army

.if its 3 local government then let there be a rerun of the elections in that affected area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Winners, Losers In Battle For Lagos APC Governorship Ticket / El-Rufai Dares NLC To Return To Kaduna For Protest / Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.