Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts (37299 Views)

Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 / ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by ayusco85(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2015
Onyi42:
Geneva – The WHO has advised all male
survivors of Ebola to be tested three months
after the onset of symptoms and then monthly
until they know they have no risk of passing on
the virus through their semen.

Bruce Aylward, Head of the WHO’s Ebola
Response, said on Thursday in Geneva that
isolated flare-ups of Ebola may point to a higher
risk of transmission via the semen of male
survivors than previously thought.

“It’s not the sex that is dangerous; it’s the
semen that is dangerous. How people actually
get exposed, in soiled linens or whatever, is not
clear.

“Transmission through semen may explain why
a few cases continue to occur even though the
outbreak has been almost completely eradicated
by an intense international effort, recently
bolstered by the deployment of a trial vaccine in
Guinea and Sierra Leone,’’ he said.

Aylward said the latest flare-up, in a village on
the northern border of Sierra Leone, followed
the death of a 67-year-old woman late last
month, 50 days after the previous confirmed
case in the region.

He said transmission chains are considered to
have been broken after 42 days with no new
infections.

However, Aylward said that sexual transmission
was “obviously not a huge risk, because if it
were we would have seen a lot more in the
areas that were hardest hit at the beginning of
this outbreak.”

He said this could undermine the hope of
ending the outbreak in West Africa by 2015.
A clinician said on condition of anonymity, that a
forthcoming study in the New England Journal of
Medicine, based on around 200 survivors, found
that around half still had traces of the virus in
their semen after six months.

“The old advice of three months is no longer
good.

“The number of people with persistent virus in
their semen is much greater than expected,”
clinician said.

The clinician added that the risk might not only
be from sex but also from masturbation.
(Reuters/NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/sex-and-masturbation-may-hamper-ebola-eradication-efforts/

wrong title
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by bufness(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2015
loool,
people of God kindly check www.galvinggrey..com.ng
thanks smiley
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Onyi42(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2015
grin
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by IamAtribalist: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2015
RealAlfranco:
Well I'll say we're
f+cked,basically.

Stay Strong Fellow Vaseline Comrades, we'll find other methods of relief!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by TheNextAce: 11:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by darepoju(m): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2015
tolustx:
Lemme read d post maybe I will understand by then. I dey come abeg
Lolz read it again bro. grin : grin
-EmmaYobe cool cool
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Bad one.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by BobomeeWeeklyP(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2015
This is serious.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by abtmaviz(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2015
angry angry
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Tex42(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2015
uncle005:
Masturbation? how
when u masturbate, u most definitely would Ejac*late and if the semen should get in contact with any part of ur body,baba! the rest na Gobe!

Hope u dig?
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by NOTRIBE: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2015
NO BE FOR WHERE YORUBA BOYS DEYOOO...
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Ebola is now like HIV.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by tolustx(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
darepoju:

Lolz read it again bro. grin : grin
-EmmaYobe cool cool
Hehehehehehehehehehe...I sight u sir!
The op wan take oyinbo confuse me. Wetin be hamper. I don read am sha.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by tabisegroup(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
Wat is maturbation
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by thosedays: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
No be computer age again oo, now na no sex age. Who get ear make e here ooo
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by emmalexabl(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2015
All these APC masturbators.,
hope una don hear am ??
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2015
S*x has always been the reason for the downfall of man and will continue to be.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2015
Notice to all school girls who like swinging from c0ck to prick and to penis all in the name of looking for a man who is caring, Godfearing and down to earth.
Edo girls who like foreign c0ck, take note too.
Men wey like to dey suck toto and b00bs just to pls a strange girl, u are not left out.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Iko5000: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
how by Masturbation ?
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
KNB!!!!!

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Kaydem(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lol... Bad market for Vaseline sellers
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Kaydem(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lol... Bad market for Vaseline sellers.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Joe88(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
fart:
How does one even have the strength to have sex or masturbate while strickened with ebola or even within. 3 months of barely escaping death?
you are right o but konji na bastard, even a deadman's joystic is often erect. Sexual acts most often defile logical reasoning.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by greatness22(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
RealAlfranco:
Well I'll say we're
f+cked,basically.

Stay Strong Fellow Vaseline Comrades, we'll find other methods of relief!!
My fellow comrade, am very sad now. I just bought 2 cups of vaseline to relief myself dis weekend. What am i going 2 do nw? **weeping bitterly**
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by Dbboy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
That's a business opportunity for male patient that just recovered from Ebola. Do you know the amount of the virus you could spread from one semen.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by HireKiller(m): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Keneking:
WHO sef shocked

“It’s not the sex that is dangerous; it’s the Fluid that is dangerous. How people actually get exposed, in soiled linens or whatever, is not
clear". Anti-thesis cheesy

What this means is that everyone should be wary of sex fluid, since there is no way to tell if the other person's contains ebola virus.
Re: Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
We pray we don't experience it again. It was really a bad experience.

I tell you

Especially the "SALT" consumers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lifeless Body Of An Unidentified Boy Found In Maiduguri (photos) / I'll Be Undergoing Colon Cancer Surgery Soon / SHOCKING PHOTOS: Girl Suffers Burns After Transformer Explodes At Epe,lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.