Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China (3364 Views)

The Apple Of China Xiaomi Announces Mi 8, Mi 8 SE, And Mi 8 Explorer Edition. / The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria / Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China by Acidosis(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
donhils:

So what are we talking about? It's more expensive than the Xiaomi we're discussing. Other phones you mentioned are also quite costly; Galaxy s5 is above 80k(with its CHEAP plastic body), S6 is lovely but above 120k, Galaxy Note 4 is also good but around 115k. The xiaomi Note 2 is 46k Max and you can't mention any Samsung , LG , HTC phone at that 46k price range that will beat it, can you?
As for over 50k, forget it, I won't buy Xiaomi above that range.

There is nothing 'special' about the xiaomi note 2 aside the large screen (5.5 inches) & fast battery charging. In fact, the screen isn't even protected! Who buys a smartphone in this generation without a protected screen? so why pay 46k for such?

People should learn to do proper research before churning out cash. Why would someone ignore the likes of samsung galaxy mega, LG G3 or even HTC mini 2 for a 46k mtk meizu?

I understand the phones I listed are somewhat ''old'', however there are newer samsung, htc, lg, sony & motorola phones out there people rarely talk about because of the Tecno Camon, Infinix and Innjoo noise on Nairaland.
Re: Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China by donhils: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Acidosis:

There is nothing 'special' about the xiaomi note 2 aside the large screen (5.5 inches) & fast battery charging. In fact, the screen isn't even protected! Who buys a smartphone in this generation without a protected screen? so why pay 46k for such?

People should learn to do proper research before churning out cash. Why would someone ignore the likes of samsung galaxy mega, LG G3 or even HTC mini 2 for a 46k mtk meizu?

I understand the phones I listed are somewhat ''old'', however there are newer samsung, htc, lg, sony & motorola phones out there people rarely talk about because of the Tecno Camon, Infinix and Innjoo noise on Nairaland.
That screen protection is also an issue for me but you've not been able to come up with better alternatives. All the 3 Galaxy Mega are shiits. Low processor, 1.5GB ram on top Laggy Samsung Touchwiz, low screen resolution,they don't also have screens are not also protected. So, Xiaomi Note 2 beat all the Galaxy Mega hands down. You also mentioned LG G3, that one is and I love it but where can you find it? it's very scarce. Anywhere in Nigeria you see that phone, it's nothing less than 95k. Sony, for some reasons I don't like them. Loved Xperia z2 until I found out it takes over 3 hrs to charge. HTC is not really a big company, they are just like Xiaomi. Here are the only Samsung phones I can buy; the Note 4, S6, S6 Edge, Note 5 but I can't afford them at the moment. All other old Samsung phones are too slow for my liking. Finally I actually research about phones more than you do.
Re: Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China by donhils: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
Acidosis:

And I think there's something special about Redmi Note 2, it rocks the latest Mediatek chipset Helio x10 64 bits clocked at 2.0GHz and 2.2GHz for the prime variant scoring over 49000 in Antutu benchmarks . This same Mediatek chipset is used in HTC M9.
Re: Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China by opiaoku: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
donhils:

Apart from the app u used to install then, is there a way to send them via sharemobile or maybe xender?

they have their own store xiaomi market and runs their own custom ui MIUI but you can push gapp according to your Android version
root
CWM
install gapp (5.1).zip

voila you have Google application just like any droid

am a die hard fan of miui 5 in my htc desire series and galaxy s2 days (custom rom tins grin)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Remove Google Frp Lock On Tecno Phones / Is This The Cheapest Phone On Jumia / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.