Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS (1296 Views)

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Buhari Asked; Where Is Lai? I Am Here Sir – Mild Drama At FEC Meeting / Obiano Commissions Anambra Mdgs-cgs Water Supply Scheme At Umunze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by smsshola(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
New Comptroller-General of Customs, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) has said that President Muhammadu Buhari assigned him to do three things in the service. He has been assigned to increase revenue generation, restructure Customs and Reform Customs. According to a statement by the Public Relations Officer, Mr. Wale Adeniyi on Thursday, Ali made the disclosure at his maiden meeting with the management of the service at Abuja. The statement quoted him as telling the senior officers that: “The mandate he (Buhari) has given me are three basic things: go to Customs, reform Customs, restructure Customs and increase the revenue generation, simple. I don’t think that is ambiguous, I don’t think that is cumbersome”. It is precise and I believe that is what all of you are here to do.” He charged Customs Management to work with him to deliver on the mandate given by President Mohammadu Buhari. He pleaded with the Management not to see him as a stranger in the Customs Family, noting that his mission in Customs is to help build and strengthen the Service.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by DeRoyalFranco(m): 11:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nice one.... I wish you GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by omolami: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
NIGERIAN Custom Service is in trouble as no credible Deputy Comptroller General can be trusted to take over from Dikko. And. A retired Colonel has to come to there rescue. What is world Custom Organisation doing about this development? Absurd indeed.
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by iamboody(m): 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Source pls
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by bist: 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Let see how he achieves it.
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by UnknownT: 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Soon we will hear no.4 reNorthenize customs....ops!
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by Zuris: 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
They should do something about their people at different airport always opening bags and demanding egunje.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by MrZachs(m): 12:15am On Sep 11, 2015
Kinda smelling sum lieess
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by omowolewa: 3:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Sources
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by GaniLAb(m): 3:17am On Sep 11, 2015
smsshola:
New Comptroller-General of Customs, Nigeria
Customs Service (NCS) Col. Hameed Ibrahim
Ali (Rtd) has said that President Muhammadu
Buhari assigned him to do three things in the
service.
He has been assigned to increase revenue
generation, restructure Customs and Reform
Customs.
According to a statement by the Public
Relations Officer, Mr. Wale Adeniyi on
Thursday, Ali made the disclosure at his
maiden meeting with the management of the
service at Abuja.
The statement quoted him as telling the senior
officers that: “The mandate he (Buhari) has
given me are three basic things: go to
Customs, reform Customs, restructure
Customs and increase the revenue generation,
simple. I don’t think that is ambiguous, I
don’t think that is cumbersome”. It is precise
and I believe that is what all of you are here
to do.”
He charged Customs Management to work
with him to deliver on the mandate given by
President Mohammadu Buhari.
He pleaded with the Management not to see
him as a stranger in the Customs Family,
noting that his mission in Customs is to help
build and strengthen the Service.
ok, may God help him

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:18am On Sep 11, 2015
I believe only regions with international borders ought to head customs. If your region is landlockdd....what do you know about international border?
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 11, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
I believe only regions with international borders ought to head customs. If your region is landlockdd....what do you know about international border?
I pity countries like Mali and the other landlocked countries... No thanks to greedy colonialist.
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by Flets: 3:25am On Sep 11, 2015
Under dictators like Buhari, no public officer should ever dream of growing to the peak of their careers because an outsider must be ordered to come head you.

A man who has not spent one day as a custom officer is mandated to go reform and restructure customs

A man without any credible educational qualification has been appointed to build a a mordern day customs organisation

Under Buhari, medical doctors shall be appointed to fly planes.
Re: What Buhari Asked Me To Do In Customs- CGS by Bevista: 3:40am On Sep 11, 2015
There seems to be a recurring pattern in some of PMB's key appointments. There is a very clear mandate, with few strategic issues. The new NNPC boss said a similar thing on assumption of office.

I expect a similar pattern once ministers are appointed. It makes sense that the president is taking his time to understand the true position of things at the ministries first from their P.S. This will help him in framing his mandate for every incoming minister.

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Never Stole – Buhari | I Recovered N287bn Abacha Loot – Obasanjo / The Sales Girl, Jonathan And Muhammadu By Ena Ofugara / Fulani Herdsmen Kills A Man In Enugu State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.