Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students (16863 Views)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / JAMB Fixes July 1 For UTME For 85,000 Candidates With Issues / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Ashleyma77(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
misssclassy:

Do I look like I am joking.

What about the diploma students, part time students, post graduate, masters and phd students?

c'mon,we're only about 35000 in total

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by omogidi234(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Joshrob:
A student pay more than 70 students school fees(38k each) during his sug election campaign in delta state university (oleh campus)..so its not a big deal

You are right, most especially when we compare the channel both of them got their funding from.
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by walemoney007(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Naavah:
This is an achievement please. Ask OOU where they put or do with theirs.
are you an OOU student ni?
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by vuwodogu(f): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
that's incredible ! ! !

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by richyfunky(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
proudly Great Ife Alumni
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by alphaking(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
This has been a cause of controversy on campus before the congress of students agreed to allow the CEC pit their hands into the coffers of the union due released by the school management for this purpose.The reason was because a lot of students believed since it was in his election manifesto he should have found a way of sourcing for the funds without spending the union money. It was in this light the SRC okayed the scholarship scheme but decreed that the money was to be outsourced to prevent mishandling of the union due .When it became visible that funds were not coming the Congress okayed that the union due be used at the 11th hour with a strict screening by members of the SRC . A lot of people who complain about these step do not complain about the scheme but the obvious reluctance of the president to look for these funds as ordered by the SRC by waited still it became an emergency so it would be easy to sway the Congress to okay what he had planned before.Though I am against the method used by the president I met a lady who was a beneficiary who had struggled to pay part of the school fees by doing menial jobs ...I doff my hat for her.Though some students who were beneficiaries are not indigent but spent their fees on frivolous things. Great IFe
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Appareil(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
veraponpo:

We only have two Universities in Nigeria, Great Ife and Others.
NO WAY!! Greatest UI .....all the way from Douala! Alumnus!
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Great is Great Ife, the only institution where the union belongs to the students.
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by adaweezy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
skytreader:

Thank you, Adavize. Lol...I taya o. 100k students indeed. "Post-graduate, master's, and PhD". One wonders if master's and PhD students are nt post-grads. And who put them under the student union? How u dey?

am good ooo how your side ?
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by hola106(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by flightz(f): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Kunlexic:
Lemme book space b4 dis anti-oau agents start parading the thread and it hits the first page

Cc: lalasticlala
how Did u check ur admission status?
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by scarplanet(m): 2:14am On Sep 12, 2015
misssclassy:

What about the diploma students, part time students, post graduate, masters and phd students?

SUG government governing Diploma students, part time students, PGD students, Masters and Phd students? Hmmn..
Do they cover pre-degree and post utme students also? Just asking oo

"My comments are not necessarily endorsement"
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Kunlexic(m): 3:53am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by DTOBS(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2015
Olsoo:

God bless you bro. All my life, I've never seen a lady spew this huge chunk of trash.
Never mind her nor take her serious, she just need to be guided grin
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Kaydz(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2015
misssclassy:
Mtcheeew!

Bloody pretentious hypocritical deceivers. They loot the money the SUG generates yearly, which should be used to better the standard of living all the OAU students( over 100,000 students) and decide to use a small amount to "help" pay the fees of 85 students.

Now, next time they need to request money from external bodies, they would have a better CV.

Absolute Rubbish!
Sometimes, all you need after reading a post like this is to take your time and understand what its about before rushing to comment. Its obvious you don't have a single idea of what this post is about.
In your own words, what you just posted is 'absolute rubbish'

2 Likes

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by brenister10: 9:22am On Sep 12, 2015
misssclassy:
Mtcheeew!

Bloody pretentious hypocritical deceivers. They loot the money the SUG generates yearly, which should be used to better the standard of living all the OAU students( over 100,000 students) and decide to use a small amount to "help" pay the fees of 85 students.

Now, next time they need to request money from external bodies, they would have a better CV.

Absolute Rubbish!

Seems you need to visit the doctor

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by yvonne111(f): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
veraponpo:

We only have two Universities in Nigeria, Great Ife and Others.
for your mind.....oau and snail....which is faster?
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Cavemannn(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2015
misssclassy:
Mtcheeew!

Absolute Rubbish!

SUG?, 100,000 students? And ur saltiness, I wonder Aw much of brain damage would make me post like this

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Cavemannn(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2015
I
Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by biggie4790: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
misssclassy:

part time students in OAU? ur kidding right?
by the way, the SUG does not fend for post graduate students.
and ur 100,000 is stupendiously outrageous!

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Union Pays School Fees For 85 Students by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
oluwadanie1:

The SUG is meant for only the undergraduates which i don't even think are up to 50,000.
Masters and phd students have their own bodies.

Cc: fynestboi
Na oversabi dey worry am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike... On Aljazeera (the Stream) Today By 16:00GMT/ 5pm Local Time / Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro ( DSPZ) Admission List Is Out / Invisible Teacher By Dele Ashade For Jamb Use Of English ...where Can I Get It L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.