Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest (6585 Views)

Deaths In Southeast And Niger Delta, The Signs Are Getting Scary. / Work Has Resumed In Southeast And South-south Roads / Are APC Ungrateful To Southeast And Their Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Correcting the impression of what a slum is like in the East and in the West

The slum in the West is as a result of individual poverty and lack if personal hygiene

But that of the East is due to government neglect and not extreme poverty.

The kind of slum in the West cannot be found in anywhere in the east not even in the villages.

Note this is not for diick measuring but to correct the impression people of both region have about slums in their separate region

16 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IamAtribalist: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
cool Another akpu-eating chest beater claiming to be superior to the amala -eating sophisticates. Waiting for the amala-sophisticates to come and bash your flat head in.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Take for example this pix of a slum neighbourhood in the west

I will post that of the east too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
Now check out a slum in the east

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Vicotex2: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Inb4 western dickriders derail this classic thread
Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
You cant see such level of filth in the east.

Just imagine this kinds of

12 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
From the two post above, you will notice that slums in the east is not totally a slum. It is a result of governance and not individual poverty or lack of personal hygiene.

In the southeast pix, you will notice that there are still modern buildings at the background. Just imagine if those road where fixed.

Compare it to that in a pix below which is of the west and having a fixed road but still the enviroment is still dirty and filty

13 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by ugomma2000: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
manchy7531:

The slum in the West is as a result of individual poverty and lack if personal hygiene

The kind of slum in the West cannot be found in anywhere in the east not even in the villages.

Note this is not for diick measuring but to correct the impression people of both region have about slums in their separate region

you are 100% correct, im a lagosian, what you just said up there is for real. Yorubas are dirty by nature, and that tends to rub off on anyone vulnerable.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
when will this tribal misunderstanding end? Do Apple gain anything from fighting in Nairaland?
God help Nigeria's youth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
happybrother:
when will this tribal misunderstanding end? Do Apple gain anything from fighting in Nairaland?
God help Nigeria's youth.

Please dont get my intentions wrong.

I just want to clear an impression and not for fight or contest.

15 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Vicotex2: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
ugomma2000:

you are 100% correct, im a lagosian, what you just said up there is for real. Yorubas are dirty by nature, and that tends to rub off on anyone vulnerable.
It's a fact that they are similar to the pigs, even Oduduwa knows that this is an undeniable fact/

14 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Vicotex2:
It's a fact that they are similar to the pigs, even Oduduwa knows that this is an undeniable fact/

Please dont derail my thread. I dont intend for a fight.
Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
The poor mans neighbourhood East

16 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
The poor mans neighbourhood west

9 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by manchy7531: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Still neighbourhoods which also defines the standard of living in the east.

I havent seen extreme poverty in the east as it is seen in the west and north.

9 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by rildwanullahi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
All you have posted have reasons attached to them, the brown roof is as a result of marine corrosion and early development in the West ,while in the east they do not usually build houses close to each other due to whatever reason and low population density, and under development, naturally people from the east are neat that I can attest to but my Yoruba brothers don't want to get banned

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
It's seems all these pictures from South East are as a result of government negligence

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Igbos are the dirtiest, they pride the dirtiest cities in Nigeria. If you give me free houses in these places I can't take

6 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IheabunikeChuks: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
manchy7531:
Take for example this pix of a slum neighbourhood in the west

I will post that of the east too

Its a lie. Our region is backward and cursed. We Igbos are cursed.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by basilo101: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
eliment:
It's seems all these pictures from South East are as a result of government negligence
bros, no sign of extreme poverty in those pics. just bad roads

11 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
IheabunikeChuks:

Its a lie. Our region is backward and cursed. We Igbos are cursed.

Yoruba troll spotted.When will you people develop a sense of prideare you that ashamed of your tribe that you have to descend so low to adopt an ibo moniker just to score some cheap pointsYou reek of low self esteem and inferiority complex.your father must be so ashamed of you.bastard!!

19 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by nisai: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
manchy7531:

What do u mean by "lack of personal hygiene"?
Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
rildwanullahi:
All you have posted have reasons attached to them, the brown roof is as a result of marine corrosion and early development in the West ,while in the east they do not usually build houses close to each other due to whatever reason and low population density, and under development, naturally people from the east are neat that I can attest to but my Yoruba brothers don't want to get banned
In public health, there is a minimum space that should separate two houses.
In summary, East is more planned, how can u say underpopulated?
It's actually densely populated

8 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Comparing East and West is like comparing FC Barcelona and Shooting Stars of Ibadan cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
rildwanullahi:

Marine corrosion does it mean it rains sun in East not liquid anymore, why are Eastern roofs not brown, why are Eastern cities lack mud houses.

Early civilization for how long did Nigeria started building with zinc and cement that depict the early civilization

East is more populated than West

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
basilo101:

bros, no sign of extreme poverty in those pics. just bad roads
you are such a myopic personality to say there is no sign of extreme poverty in those dilapidated structures
Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IheabunikeChuks: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
[s]
CheeNayNay:

Yoruba troll spotted.When will you people develop a sense of prideare you that ashamed of your tribe that you have to descend so low to adopt an ibo moniker just to score some cheap pointsYou reek of low self esteem and inferiority complex.your father must be so ashamed of you.bastard!!
[/s]

YOU ARE A BASTARD LIKE YOU PARENTS.

IPOB YOUTH

3 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IheabunikeChuks: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Comparing East and West is like comparing FC Barcelona and Shooting Stars of Ibadan cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy :DEBUKA PHILLS THE KNOWN JOBLESS BASTARD

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IheabunikeChuks: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
[s]
CheeNayNay:

[/s]

WE IGBOS ARE CURSED.

IPOB YOUTH

2 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IGBOPRINCE: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Your thread is funny, but anyway it s to correct impression on the use of languages or words..

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by IheabunikeChuks: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
ugomma2000:

Ugo Okeke, I am just laughing at you. You will see your dirty mother pics here soon. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
IheabunikeChuks:
[s][/s]

WE IGBOS ARE CURSED.

IPOB YOUTH

Dyslexic monkey with a very low sense of intelligence.I pity your unborn children,they won't wish to be born if they are aware of what a complete imbecilic loser and bastard their father is.
You spend your life trolling on nairaland instead of looking for how to make a living of yourself..
I'm done with you,not quoting you again as you ain't worth my time.
Celebrating having the priviledge to talk to me online because in real life you are a nobody and won't be better than being useless.
Bye loser.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Debunks Report On Arrest Of Bala Mohammed's Son / Fr Mbaka To Diri: You Will Govern Bayelsa For Only Two Months / How Buhari Killed The Brother Of Nollywood Actor (Osuofia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.