Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre (18340 Views)

Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / TD Jakes ,forrest Whitaker And Other Foreign Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2009
My ancestors came from Igboland!! (just for the records)

My statement was hypothetical  madam tpia. Hearts were broken irrespective of the place the slaves came from
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ChinenyeN(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
Actually tpia, I don't prefer any versions. I only stated what I stated because I don't accept overgeneralizations.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
Lol he sure looks comfortable cheesy
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

"Igbo jealous-er", what the f,uck is that?

Igbo Jealous-er is someone who is in the profession of being jealous of Igbo people. There are lots on this site for example.

spikedcylinder:

And what makes you think I'm not Igbo?

Your not.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
tpia:

a DNA test might surprise you.

Hearts were broken but people are still running out of Africa as fast as their legs will carry them.

Yeah i wish i could do that test.

People running out of Africa today are doing so out of their own free will. Can't in any way be compared to slavery back in the times. Nokia to Nokia still dey lol
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2009
ezeagu:

Igbo Jealous-er is someone who is in the profession of being jealous of Igbo people. There are lots on this site for example.

Your not.

So how did my original comment depict hatred for Igbos? Are you well at all?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

So how did my original comment depict hatred for Igbos? Are you well at all?

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted too fast to call you one, but I'm tired. Every post related to Igbo people theres always something negative, but for the others, no.

So blame it on these Nairalanders for sending me sick.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2009
People usually get jealous of things they envy or don't like so in this context, hatred will suffice.

Again, where did you depict hatred/jealousy from my original post?

And how do you know that I am or I'm not Igbo? Are you a king maker?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

People usually get jealous of things they envy or don't like so in this context, hatred will suffice.

Again, where did you depict hatred/jealousy from my original post?

And how do you know that I am or I'm not Igbo? Are you a king maker?

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted so fast to call you one, after all I don't know you, but I'm tired. Every post related to Igbo people theres always something negative, but for the others, no.

So blame it on these Nairalanders for sending me sick, cause I can't just sit back and watch people act out of control.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2009
Kini big deal?

Any human with enough cash and fame can get a chieftancy title ANYWHERE in Nigeria. Those titles are like pure water, rarely coveted.

That was my original post on this thread. Notice my emphasis was on the word "anywhere"?

Stop attacking people simply because you are always on the defense, my friend. wink
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

That was my original post on this thread. Notice my emphasis was on the word "anywhere"?

Stop attacking people simply because you are always on the defense, my friend. wink

Hmm, maybe I should listen to that.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 9:17am On Apr 16, 2009
Good then. smiley
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by BenHundred(m): 4:30am On Apr 18, 2009
Wow I'm not Igbo but im excited lol
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by samparian(m): 4:20am On Apr 19, 2009
I'm happy for Chiefs Forest and Glover. I really am.
I'm also happy that something good is being posted about Nigeria online.
Most of you guys argueing about this dont know the "negativity" one often gets abroad once you identify your self as a Nigerian. We are often looked at as fraudsters, thieves, and crooks.

No one remembers that we have Professors and talents who have contributed greatly to the world.
talents Like the Great Zik of Africa, Emeka Anyaoku, Ngozi Okonji Iweala, Late Chike OBi, Philip Emeagwali, Chinua Achebe, Aliko Dangote, Wole Soyinka,Agbani Darego, Charles Soludo to mention but a few.
The list is endless.

As a student of History, i know that most of the slaves who were sold then were casualties of war. No community sold its loved ones. Slave dealers were on rampage attacking small communities and carrying off anyone within their sights.
we should be proud that they are tracing their roots back to Nigeria.
Other west africans are jelous that these mega stars are "coming home" to Nigeria.
When Wesley Snipes traced his roots to Igboland, and came the Nigeria, the Federal government was very happy. i was in Ghana then and most of them were jelous that such a star traced his roots to Naija and not ghana.
We should be proud as NIgerians.
I am proud. you should be.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by neowelsh(m): 4:32am On Apr 19, 2009
Well done, researcher tongue[b][/b]
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by JerryAdams: 5:21am On Apr 19, 2009
Could someone please point out (the source with facts) where and when Forest Whitaker had DNA test which reveals or locates his origin as 'Nigerian'? It is no rocket science and neither would it be disputed that every 'Black' Man and Woman all over the world irrespective of their nationality has their root linked to Africa. However that Whitaker is conferred with the Chieftainsy title does not (as a matter of fact) necessarily mean that his ancestors were from Nigeria or even Igboland, it is not the first time (and neither will it be the last) that a foreigner has been bestowed with a title in several parts/region of Nigeria but please that does not in anyway establish their Origin!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2009
BenHundred:

Wow I'm not Igbo but im excited lol

Any African should be excited when a fellow African is linked back to us.

JerryAdams:

Could someone please point out (the source with facts) where and when Forest Whitaker had DNA test which reveals or locates his origin as 'Nigerian'? It is no rocket science and neither would it be disputed that every 'Black' Man and Woman all over the world irrespective of their nationality has their root linked to Africa. However that Whitaker is conferred with the Chieftainsy title does not (as a matter of fact) necessarily mean that his ancestors were from Nigeria or even Igboland, it is not the first time (and neither will it be the last) that a foreigner has been bestowed with a title in several parts/region of Nigeria but please that does not in anyway establish their Origin!

Watch this: (go to 5:24)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1usmjTfYw
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2009
This is nice.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by JerryAdams: 4:08am On Apr 22, 2009
ezeagu:

Any African should be excited when a fellow African is linked back to us.

Watch this: (go to 5:24)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1usmjTfYw

@ Ezeagu thank you for providing link to Whitaker's interview on 'youtube' and this is enough proof in itself. A live confirmation from the horses mouth of having his genealogy traced to the Ibo's of Nigeria (on his father's side) and to Ghana (on his mother's side ), it is therefore official and hope this clarifies and settles the arguments. Once again thanks Ezeagu for setting the record straight!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Ellyptical: 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2009
Not only Whitaker,
[b]NeYo the Musician
Bishop T.D Jake[/b]s are also of Igbo ancestry.
It is said amongst black americans that 60% of them have igbo ancestry. I'll dig up the links and paste later.
Notice that the frequency is a bit high amongst popular people. . . . then think about the general populace.
@JerryAdams,
Could you not see the pix on the front page of this topic that had him wearing an Igbo attire?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by AloyEmeka9: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
What of Michael jackson?. I heard he was related to D'banj.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. / Cameroonian Food / Why This Similarity Between Yoruba And Fulani?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.