Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager (34276 Views)

Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos / House Keeper Receives New Car For Returning Lost Items To Owner. Photos / What Should Be The Salay For An Assistant Manager Sales In Electrical Field--in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by OduntanGabriel(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2015
OP Don suffer for this thread...... Sure he do wish he never posted this online.... in obj's voice,, I dey laugh ooo
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by darocha1: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2015
Dont be greedy.
Dont get too fool of yourself.
The management aint dumb nor daft, they know u r an asst manager, they know der is a manager who they pay. Trust me nobody wants to be paying double & that should tell you that there is more function to the eye meets which the manager performs.

Stay Humble
Keep Calm

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=EggovinMma post=37961904][/quote]

It's very irritating.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by charles009(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
I lol at you in Spanish. I work in a multinational company were I manage a unit. The Assistant Manager is 11 years older than I am. And he scared of me like shit. If you work with me, you will have no option than refuse to work. I belive you work in a mushroom company, with no policy. Have you heard about the phrase. The hunter becomes the hunted.

Never outshine your master.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by drnoel: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
So, I sud bone as e dey form manager ova me?

U beta close ya mouth cos u don't know how the manager got his job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Go and meet the man in charge...

StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:42am On Sep 13, 2015
OP,you're about to fall and remain down for a very long time! You need to be very,very careful. Even if you think you're better qualified than the Manager,God has chosen him to be your Boss now. You've been well advised by everybody- that Manager is your Boss and he deserves whatever that comes with that position including your support and respect.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by kunzak: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
Note that not everyone is cut out to be a manager, it is very difficult to manage people and be appraised based on other people's performance. As a manager you are based on your team's performance and not your ability. So it may be better for you as an individual contributor than a manager.

From your post i would rather employ you as an IC than a manager. A manager is all about "we" and not "i" so you have a lot to learn.

Anyways i am looking into investing in livestock farming and can use some od your expertise.

Contact me on kunzak2001@yahoo.com.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by charles009(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
missKiffy:

Sorry o "big man" you didn't see anything wrong in what the dude I quoted said, but you all can come into my own mention and talk, continue

You spot on the growth part. It took me 11 months to move from supervisor to Manager in a Multi National company. I did all the hard work, my previous boss had the glory. I was smart to have signature closings when I analyse data and create reports. My MD out rightly knew It was my work . NOW I manage a unit and have people as old as 10years reporting to me. That's patience and focus.

Remember never outshine your master. You lucky OP you ain't working with me. I would have made your life at work desolate and undone.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
U re confused. Is it d Chairman/Board held meeting with u or d management as u claimed? If it is d management, that means, d manager summons & preside over such meetings.
Also u may be skilled in agriculture but lacks managerial skills/functions. Do ur work & wait for ur time

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Achilies(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Op I doubt if u are mentally and emotionally capable to be a manager and at the rate you're going you might lose it all.

Attributing work place competition as a Gang up and so on just shows how immature u are. From the little u have said so far u lack what it takes to be a section manager talk more of becoming an overall manager.

Pride is not Good for u.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Unionised(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2015
obstead200:
really?! Then I am shocked and even disappointed.
But no need to hurl insults.

Good.

Stop the stereotypes.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by emerged01(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2015
I cant blame Op because there are many people that has pride but they dont know. I guess within you are confused may you are right or wrong that was why you came here to seek help. Before destruction comes pride. The management knows what you are capable of,I guess they want to know how long you can hang on without losing it. Pls rebuke that evil spirit and remain humble,before you know it you will be rewarded.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Unionised(m): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2015
enigma2007:

Not nice! Can't you people focus on the issue with "tribal bashing"?

Just reacting...

Pay me no mind.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by coolheed: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2015
The sky is wide enough for birds to fly without collision. It is not a one-person zero-some game. Why do you keep referring to the manager, when you don't have an idea of his own job description? Moreover, it may be his idea for the company to employ a farm assistance and that is why you have been employed.

If you fail to face your job, you will soon lose it. Arrogance and self-elevation leads to destruction.

You need to be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2015
The OP must be a Yoruba man, it's their stock in trade. A tribe of hate, anger and jealousy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by sunsewa: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2015
Be humble, loyal,self contempt,honesty and hardworking is the keys to success,ignore it on ur peril,so fash that idea,it smells betrayal or blasphemous.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by jayben(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2015
over ambitious dude, wait for your time angry
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tonychristopher: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2015
missKiffy:

It's your mother that's a bitchh

Street like .....you proved it
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by joehis2013: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2015
At most times top managers do not require an intimate technical knowledge of the processes involved on the shop floor, being a good manager entails you knowing how to administratively use the subordinates under you to get the best results.
So @op wait for your time

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by hamzeiy: 10:59am On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
You have said you don't know me. That's why I won't hurl insults at me. Do you know the nature of the gang-up against me in that place? If I'm not spiritual, do you think I'll be alive today? Your childish reasoning stinks to the high heavens.
mr man..ure an arrogant and envious person...u came here seeking for advice bt u tend to gt angry with the truth...u should have never brought your story here afterall no body really cares....i work in the power industry though i do most of the work my boss earn more than me..dts d way it is...he is still your manager until then you should be humble to him....if na my company u try this..ur ass would be shown d way out....
...hmmm i hate envious pple walahi.....

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by lalaciousfellow(m): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2015
mrking3:
Bro I don't know you! But I smell Arrogance, Envy and Greed!! I'm sure you'll be doing some sort of eye service so the management can notice you! Bro it doesn't work that way! if I were the management, I would have fired you already because someday, you might even plan to overthrow the CE0 of the company!

U just hit the nail on the head. Bro why don't you just do your work and stop envying, i believe u may even be engaged in amebo and back biting in order to scheme the manager out of work. Don't forget the Golden Rule. He who destroys in order to succeed will have destruction waiting for him at the door step of his success. Be warned.

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by missKiffy(f): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2015
SirJeffry:
I guess several people here have spare time to advise an overgrown boy "who does not know and does not know that he does not know and does not want to know what he does not know".

As for me, I can only call him a f00l and move on to the next topic on FP. undecided
I like your logic mehn "who does not know and does not know that he does not know and does not want to know what he does not know" nice one
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tonychristopher: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2015
enigma2007:

Easy bro! she was only replying the guy that started it..It was this dude (obstead200) that started the tribal bashing..

Thanks Bro ...just that people are becoming foolish ..instead of facing the topic she is caling igbo
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by hamzeiy: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2015
joehis2013:
At most times top managers do not require an intimate technical knowledge of the processes involved on the shop floor, being a good manager entails you knowing how to administratively use the subordinates under you to get the best results.
So @op wait for your time
dont mind d jelous man....he expects the manager to get his hands dirty when he has junior staffs under him....
i already have hatered fr the op..i dont like envious pple...honestly if it were my place...he would definately b sacked for insubordination
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by kclee(m): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2015
Ur boss will always be ur boss, experience or not..u are an expert in ur field that's the reason u were employed, ur mindset is plotting the downfall of ur boss
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by lomprico(m): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
You have said you don't know me. That's why I won't hurl insults at me. Do you know the nature of the gang-up against me in that place? If I'm not spiritual, do you think I'll be alive today? Your childish reasoning stinks to the high heavens.
Then fucckking resign! And spare us from ur envy. angry
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by missKiffy(f): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2015
shizzy7:
The topic of the thread is a Contrast to the Post...

Catchy though.
It's actually not in contrast, he considers himself as the manager that's why he said nothing for the manager, then there's a car for the assistant manager, so he considers his manager as "the assistant manager" have never seen this level of pride before

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by kidsam: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2015
@Op, you better cool down, you think to be a manager is a joke abi, and you probably think the management that left him as a manager and then employed you as his assistant are fools. You better face your work and don't start having funny ideas that you are indispensable in that place. You might be surprised that they just employed you to set up a workable system for them after which they will fire you.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2015
Unionised:

Ode!

He is an igbo man like you!

Always arrogant and wanting to reap where they did not sow!

Shior...

Nah Igbo people work hard to get to whatever position they attain. An Igbo man will never snitch, back-stab, jealous or hate his superior at the work place. The OP is a typical Yoruba man with the propensity to hate, envy and snitch on his boss and co-workers in his place of work.

StealthIdeals:
I dnt seem to like u slim girls wit fair complexion, because na ur type guys chase pass; if anoda guy eyes what i cherish, na trouble im dey invite. If u like intaprete my post upside down[b] o sotigbo...[/b] and say i like u indirectly.

StealthIdeals:
U dey mind OPC my kinsmen? Kudi must hav changed hands.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by ashieduplus(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?

This is exactly what brought down Satan. Pride goes before a fall.

Be guided.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by bugativeron: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2015
This guy needs to watch movie about gianni versace life and business after death and read about his life to understand work place. The sister asked him what he does in the company, that she has all the technical expertise and supplies contact. After his death she was left to manage the business and it took the grace of God and other family members to rescue the business from going under.

Brother, please like others have said, you have issues with pride, you are arrogant and without business knowledge, rather than focus on performance delivery you are focus on taking over you predecessor's job, you are focus on spiritual attack and warfare at work. If continue with this mind set you will never be successful in life. I have seen it happening to many people in places of work.

Be humble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / Which Of This Hand Works Earn The Most Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.