Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387986 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2018
iceprinxy:

Lol,
Sha, I don make my first work on upwork worth $60,
I want to ask, how much is the minimum I can withdraw?

you are talking about withdrawal when the current exchange rate on upwork is 1 dollar to 0.8007naira
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 6:27am On Jan 11, 2018
benebaby77:

If this could be resolved, which I firmly believe it will get resolved, I think it is possible we request them to increase the usual exchange rate from 332NGN/$ to something like 350 NGN/$....

let them just resolve it so we can be withdrawing at the usual 332.1819 NGN/$, they cant increase the rate just like that, it all depends on the current market
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by iceprinxy(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2018
softwareplus:

you are talking about withdrawal when the current exchange rate on upwork is 1 dollar to 0.8007naira
That is a glitch, it will be fixed soon.
So can you please answer my question, What is the minimum i can withdraw to my Local bank on upwork?

Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2018
iceprinxy:

That is a glitch, it will be fixed soon.
So can you please answer my question, What is the minimum i can withdraw to my Local bank on upwork?

Thanks

bros there is no minimum but the maximum withdrawal you can make at once is $3K
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2018
iceprinxy:

Lol,

I don't know about the minimum. But I think you can withdraw that $60.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jozzee1(m): 11:15am On Jan 11, 2018
jozzee1:
Please help me out. Upwork is not accepting my skills no matter how many times I tried. I've opened my account since September 2017, but they wont accept my skills. I have followed the suggestions here concerning some skill they may accept, but non worked. I need someone to help me out. THANKS.

Someone should please talk on this.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
jozzee1:

Someone should please talk on this.

i really dont understand why all this fuzz about approving profiles on upwork, please pardon me for sounding like this because i had no such issues during my time, my profile got approved the same day i registered and i got hired like 2 to 3 days later.

i guess one of the reasons for this is that upwork has been suspending accounts of individuals for sending too many proposals without getting hired, which shows you that the competition on the platform is on the rise like yeast. so for you to get on the train you have to bring your game on, no room or inadequacies because their reputation is also dependent on the quality of freelancers they produce.

Some Niches from what i heard are over crowded, So i advice you be mindful of the niche you apply for, avoid the writing categories because thats where you will find every tom, dick and harry. The I.T guys shouldnt have much problem with getting their profiles approved.

And for those who are so passionate about opening a US based account, you are one of the reasons why profiles dont get instant approvals anymore. Upwork detects you location via your I.P address and if they notice any discrepancies in your real location and what you have submitted on your profile, then i'm sorry you wont be granted access to hop on the train.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
As for the I.P thing, there are so many browsers/apps that can handle that for you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hi, guys. I need some writers for some adult contents. The job is simple and straightforward, and very urgent. So, if you are free (yeah, it requires availability) and fine with adult contents, send me a message on WhatsApp: 08082414275. Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by iceprinxy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
softwareplus:

bros there is no minimum but the maximum withdrawal you can make at once is $3K
Thanks for that
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ModestGal(f): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
I need a guide on how to go about freelancing job, am a complete newbie
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Egonne1(f): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bring your Payoneer funds for quick exchange at better rate. No delays. Any quantity. No limits.
Contact is on signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by SoNature(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
iceprinxy:

Lol,

I used my Payoneer Mastercard at UBA ATM this evening and it worked perfectly. Here's my advice: check your balance first...this attracts $1 charge. If this is your first withdrawal, u will pay annual service fee of $29.95 and each transaction inquiry or declined transaction attracts a charge of $1. And ATM withdrawal charge of $3.15 when you finally withdraw the money.

Give this thought some consideration before withdrawing the money or wait until you have up to $200 to transfer to your local account. Keep in mind, however, that transfer to local accounts attracts 2% charge of entire amount moved plus local charge of nearly $30. Lest I forget, ensure you chose CURRENT account.

I hope this helps...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by iceprinxy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
softwareplus:

Has the issue being resolved?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:25am On Jan 12, 2018
iceprinxy:

Has the issue being resolved?

yes it has been resolved,i just received the alert
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by odicity: 7:11am On Jan 12, 2018
please, i the keep rejecting my face after changing angle of view on upwork profile pics.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
There are asking me to fill one tax form as a non us citizen. What am I expected to do please. I wanted withdrawing. Some one please answer me
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
stlarry001:
There are asking me to fill one tax form as a non us citizen. What am I expected to do please. I wanted withdrawing. Some one please answer me

You don't need to worry about that as long as it's not US account you're operating
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
benebaby77:

You don't need to worry about that as long as it's not US account you're operating

Please what should I input as business name. Should I just write anything
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
stlarry001:

Just write your name or your surname, you have nothing to panic or worry about... Upwork is authentic.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
stlarry001:

Use your full name....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by rioemmanuel(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello guys! I do video animation(2d EXPLAINER and whiteboard) on full time basis. If you need any video done, you can contact me or if you have much work load, you can outsource to me. I'm readily available.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2018
benebaby77:

Use your full name....

Thanks bro, I just got my first payment on upwork. God thank you. I am so giving this to God as my first fruit from upwork..... Please haters no vex. My heart just touched me to do.

Love you all

This year will be good. I will soon come and testify about making my first million soon. Just watch out.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teamb: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
I WILL BUY ALL YOUR FIVERR/PAYPAL FUND @ YOUR RATE
INSTANT FUNDING ......

https:///send?phone=2348095451718

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nsonaso(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
Payoneer funds needed @345/$
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by lilreese: 3:01am On Jan 13, 2018
following
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by odicity: 8:06am On Jan 13, 2018
got a us Number tru app to verify. new registration policy. when I put the number and click verify nothing happens. please what can I do. thanks. NOTE NIGERIA IS DON'T HAVE A PLACE ANYMORE FOR REGISTRATION. BUT I INTENDED TO CHANGE country LATER.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2018
Don't even bother using those apps that claim to give you US number. These freelancing sites now know the difference between virtual US numbers and real US numbers. They will block you instantly. Besides, those virtual numbers will only work at that instant you signed up for it. Not a second later. Speaking from experience. I actually bought one such number on an app. Used it immediately to open PayPal. It worked. Few days later it stopped working. Only knew when I tried Fiverr with it. My money was gone.

If you're trying to do Upwork with that, you're only wasting your time. It would be better if you had a friend in the US or UK who will volunteer his/her phone number. That could work. But then how would you deal with tax forms and Skype calls?

In my humble opinion, though? I think we Nigerians are the reason freelancing and PayPal has become so tough for us especially for the newbies. Always going through the backyard or offering less than stellar services. It breaks my heart to see the stigma Nigerians have to endure online. It's even more sad to see that we started this and we're still doing it.

I've tried faking identity and stuff, so I'm not judging anyone. It's hard to be a Nigerian and earn money online. Anyone who thinks otherwise either isn't being real or was born with a silver spoon in the mouth. So I understand why we lean towards the back door. I've been there myself, done that. In fact I'm still struggling. And two days ago, I wept for my losses. And I tried again. Fiverr. My Upwork account is Nigerian, and nothing happening there yet. Don't know how long I'll be undetected on Fiverr yet. Just started another account.

But it always backfires. There's no such thing as a singular lie. Every lie needs a backup lie. For how long will I keep telling lie after lie after lie, only for my earnings to be seized at just one missed step? I mean.....i just want to be me, to be known for what I have to offer and the value that I add to people's lives.

We need to stop making things harder for ourselves. We need to stop making things harder for the next generation.

If you must enter through the back door, resolve it in your heart while you are as yet undetected to save enough money to travel abroad and dig in some roots so that you look more authentic, then help your brothers and sisters. Hire them online and help them get stars or their first earnings online. Pay them via the freelancing site, not locally. It's a sacrifice that God will not overlook. Or if you must enter through the back door, enter as an agency not as a person. Enter with a website. And when you've established yourself, reveal your true identity so that foreigners can restore their trust in Nigerians.

Is it easy. No! Is it doable? Yes!

Hey, I know y'all probably gon' pick up stones and hurl them at me. But truth needs be told. I'm still struggling so like I said, I'm not judging anyone. Just lamenting and suggesting.

If I've offended anyone, please accept my apologies. But truth must be told.

My two cents.

Good job, everyone.

@victor101 you rock!

odicity:
got a us Number tru app to verify. new registration policy. when I put the number and click verify nothing happens. please what can I do. thanks. NOTE NIGERIA IS DON'T HAVE A PLACE ANYMORE FOR REGISTRATION. BUT I INTENDED TO CHANGE country LATER.

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2018
One more thing. For God's sake, buy a real VPN and leave all these free stuff. I can't seem to understand how some people be earning dollars but won't buy a real VPN. Only a paid VPN will ever be static. Stop listening to people telling you to "use free VPN then switch it off, you'll be ok". NO, YOU WONT BE OK. YOU'LL GET DEPORTED. A paid VPN is legal, and the whites respect the logic behind the use of a VPN. To them, you're a scanner unless your VPN is static. So please pay for a good one. Shouldn't cost more than ₦4000 a month or so. Then share with your buddy or just a some random newbie who maybe can't afford? Some VPNs allow up to 5 computers.

My two cents.

Are those stones coming at me yet? tongue shocked grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
One more thing.....

"arrrrrggggghhhhh"...... grin sorry y'all, just one more.

About Fiverr (in case there's anyone here doing Fiverr) register with your real name (just in case). Use a username related to your craft or niche. Use a paid VPN. Use a logo for your profile photo. Or if you're confident enough and you have a good background (unlike me grin) then use your real photo. Use your Nigerian phone number, don't ever use apps to get US numbers (much less Google Voice shocked). Or if you have connects on the other side, ask them to help you with a real foreign phone number. And most of all, listen. If you want to impersonate a white man, you will have to impersonate his/her demeanor or character or professionalism or communication. You can't be acting Nigerian while claiming white. Feel me? They know these things. They're reading us, but we're not taking the time to read them. They can sniff out a Nigerian from behind a chat.

Yo, I'm outta here. Gotta go fix my laptop.

Hi, my name is Coderific. I'm no Pro. I ain't judging. I'm just sharing my process and the insights I gain as I go along.

Baba God go bless una nyafu nyafu.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teamb: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
I WILL BUY ALL YOUR FIVERR/PAYPAL FUND @ YOUR RATE
INSTANT FUNDING ......

https:///send?phone=2348095451718

NEEDED

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
Remember. Money is not the first thing. The future of your business, that's the first thing. The money will follow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.