Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387548 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Dream369: 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
I have an upwork "Location Verified" account.. This means that you can apply to jobs that states "freelancer from the US only"

I've don't use the account because of time. There are a lot of opportunities available for you as only very few freelancers are actually from the States.

If you know what I'm talking about, contact me let's talk

WhatsApp works!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
ZIDOHEXCHANGE®

BUYING / SELLING

>>Bitcoin

>>Payoneer

>>Paypal

>>Skrill

>>Neteller

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Instant payment guarantee.

Whatsapp ☎️__ +2348088759163
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 12:03am On Jan 15, 2018
i just made the whole Nigeria and Africa as a whole proud.. grin grin grin grin grin
https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0107c5027c2c070ec2/

link to my profile..

7 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by modath(f): 5:59am On Jan 15, 2018
Bring ALL your PAYONEER , FIVERR WITHDRAWAL, UPWORK etc.... funds and cash out at good rates....

BITCOINS, AMAZON & ITUNES GC...

Cash ready 24/7 ... NO LIMIT

Transaction completed in minutes.. NO DELAY

Whatsapp on siggy...Mo means BUSINESS....
Gracias.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abaccha(m): 8:29am On Jan 15, 2018
Writers needed urgently.

I need a smart and fast writer to write an 8,000-word ebook. Duration is three days. If you can't complete the work in 3 days, please don't contact me.
There is a brief that you can work with.

Send me two samples of your previous works on whatsapp 09069003912.
Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by oylam(m): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2018
If you fit transcribe and you can build an article. I get one work for you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2018
Please friends, I got a work on Upwork but the guy from US directed me to Skype to conclude the business. We finally agreed on a price but he want us to contract it off upwork due to the tax and deductions. Please house, what is your take on this. Just I go on since he is willing to pay much than what I have been getting on the site
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
stlarry001:
Please friends, I got a work on Upwork but the guy from US directed me to Skype to conclude the business. We finally agreed on a price but he want us to contract it off upwork due to the tax and deductions. Please house, what is your take on this. Just I go on since he is willing to pay much than what I have been getting on the site

Bro...

It can be a trapped. The person that want to do that might be an Upwork staff... And you are also at risks of getting paid at all.

You can hold him responsible to pay any money if after you did work and he/she refuse to pay..

That your prospective client is up to something - it's evident from the descriptions you gave above..

He wants the contract off the Upwork due to the tax and deductions yet he wants to pay you extra. Why can't he use the extra that he wants to pay you to the purported tax deductions?..

I don't think they pay any taxes on payment made on Upwork.

Just be careful...

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
benebaby77:

Bro...

It can be a trapped. The person that want to do that might be an Upwork staff... And you are also at risks of getting paid at all.

You can hold him responsible to pay any money if after you did work and he/she refuse to pay..

That your prospective client is up to something - it's evident from the descriptions you gave above..

He wants the contract off the Upwork due to the tax and deductions yet he wants to pay you extra. Why can't he use the extra that he wants to pay you to the purported tax deductions?..

I don't think they pay any taxes on payment made on Upwork.

Just be careful...
just a quick one.
I submitted my Nigerian profile account.

I am number one in the world in the US English test, yet I wasn't approved.
Please reviewy profile and check any discrepancies that may be there.
Thank you so much
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
greenstar:
just a quick one.

Thank you so much

You are Nigerian, and you are number 1 in US English test, but your account is not approved. Are you doing to be doing spelling jobs?

The default mindset of those guys is that you probably cheated to score highest, even when this is not the case. Racism is real in the freelancing world.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
stlarry001:

Alli will say is that you have to be careful, i have been in the freelancing business long enough to have experienced both sides. i have engaged in a project with an american based Nigerian off upwork and all our transactions went smoothly, he always did a transfer direct to my zenith bank account and we exchanged messages via email and whatsapp, though i met the guy on upwork. i also did some work for some guy from texas and we took all our communication and transactions off upwork but he duped me at the end of it all by not paying for the final submission i sent to him. So its risky actually, but you just need to be very careful and always follow your instincts, because i saw it coming but still decided to take the risk.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
greenstar:
i just made the whole Nigeria and Africa as a whole proud.. grin grin grin grin grin

link to my profile..

LOL, Bros you funny, is it about making Nigeria proud or getting your account approved so you can start making some cool money for yourself and get the Bleep out of Nigeria....LOL.

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
stagger:

You are Nigerian, and you are number 1 in US English test, but your account is not approved. Are you doing to be doing spelling jobs?

The default mindset of those guys is that you probably cheated to score highest, even when this is not the case. Racism is real in the freelancing world.
Probably.
I don't see why I shouldn't get approved as I took a large part of last year, honing my web development skills and making sure I'm ready to fire.
More to say, I see why most freelancers use fake accounts, but that is threading dangerously.
Truly, Racism is real.
Regards
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
softwareplus:

LOL, Bros you funny, is it about making Nigeria proud or getting your account approved so you can start making some cool money for yourself and get the Bleep out of Nigeria....LOL.
How do I really go through this. I've reviewedy profile, but immediately get that annoying spambot message "we've reviewed your profile blah blah blah"

How did you guys go round this?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
greenstar:
How do I really go through this. I've reviewedy profile, but immediately get that annoying spambot message "we've reviewed your profile blah blah blah"

Sincerely i dont understand upwork, just follow your instincts and do whatever you feel is right.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by vaca1: 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
stlarry001:
run for your dear life. they scammed me
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sugarsoul(m): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
Unverified upwork account for sale...contact 07060505020, WhatsApp
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hi. Me again.

@softwareplus is right. But may I add?

I was speaking with my white colleague few days ago. She was lamenting not being approved on Upwork. And she's white! Even the whites are disappointed in Upwork. But there are also many whites that are making a killing there.

My friend told me and the others that she edited and edited and edited. Till she was lost.

Then she edited her niche, and she got approved! She niched down real narrow to get approved.

I'll do my best to locate the chat if it's still there. I'll copy it and paste it here for you to see if I can find it.

I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll try to check your stuff too. If you're not unique, you won't get approved.

Yes, it is racism. And no, it is not racism. Don't give up yet.

I hope I can find that chat. Let me try sha.

greenstar:

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
Congrats. I'm proud of you. But Nigeria and Africa need more than that. Buckle up, bro.

greenstar:

link to my profile..

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
You, bro!!!! Just visited your account!

I don't want to believe that's you in the picture. Are you serious! As many coding languages as Zuckerberg knows, he never appears looking that rugged!

That hair! And why are you frowning? Who send you? Bro, smile!

Not trying to be funny. I'm serious. You look suspicious. First and foremost, get a more professional headshot with a brighter background and better camera. Look welcoming. Smile. Look professional. That profile pic is a turnoff already.

Do that first.

Let me attend to someone for now. I'll be back.

greenstar:
just a quick one.

Thank you so much
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
Know what you know, know more than those who know sef. It's your presentation that precedes your knowledge. And I've already questioned your presentation. Do a new headshot.

Hey, if I'm offending you, then I'm sorry. And I'll stop already. My respects.

greenstar:
Probably.
I don't see why I shouldn't get approved as I took a large part of last year, honing my web development skills and making sure I'm ready to fire.
More to say, I see why most freelancers use fake accounts, but that is threading dangerously.
Truly, Racism is real.
Regards
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Did you day you came first in English? Why are you starting your sentences with lower case "i"? Oya, show me your English teacher!

Kai, I really have to go. I'll be back because I want to finish writing your drug prescriptions. They're many. But I really have to go right now.

Baba, if you dey vex kuma, tor I'm sorry. I no go bother you again.

greenstar:
just a quick one.

Thank you so much
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
Coderific:
Hi. Me again.

@softwareplus is right. But may I add?

I was speaking with my white colleague few days ago. She was lamenting not being approved on Upwork. And she's white! Even the whites are disappointed in Upwork. But there are also many whites that are making a killing there.

My friend told me and the others that she edited and edited and edited. Till she was lost.

Then she edited her niche, and she got approved! She niched down real narrow to get approved.

I'll do my best to locate the chat if it's still there. I'll copy it and paste it here for you to see if I can find it.

I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll try to check your stuff too. If you're not unique, you won't get approved.

Yes, it is racism. And no, it is not racism. Don't give up yet.

I hope I can find that chat. Let me try sha.

I'd appreciate it real good.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
I meant to write, "Did you say you came first in English test?".

Coderific:
Did you day you came first in English? Why are you starting your sentences with lower case "i"? Oya, show me your English teacher!

Kai, I really have to go. I'll be back because I want to finish writing your drug prescriptions. They're many. But I really have to go right now.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2018
Coderific:

sarcasm personified. grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
Coderific:

I'm with you brother.
I'll like to be under your tutelage, because I don't understand Upwork stringent rules, even when I have the necessary expertise to succeed on their platform.
I await your response

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by greenstar: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
I strongly kick against opening a fake account, because of the inevitable discrepancies that come with having such accounts.
I'll rather stick to my local account, fine tune my profile, and hope for the very best.
Although Upwork makes it look like we are seriously disputing.
Oh, can someone be kind enough to drop skills that are rare enough, cause all skills seem saturated at the moment cool
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by islamics(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
greenstar:
just a quick one.

Thank you so much
I am not a pro on Upwork cos I don't even have account yet but I will suggest you improve on the list of skills you put. I may b wrong. Let's wait for @Coderific to finish his prescription.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fingerprinter(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
Coderific:
You, bro!!!! Just visited your account!

I don't want to believe that's you in the picture. Are you serious! As many coding languages as Zuckerberg knows, he never appears looking that rugged!

That hair! And why are you frowning? Who send you? Bro, smile!

Not trying to be funny. I'm serious. You look suspicious. First and foremost, get a more professional headshot with a brighter background and better camera. Look welcoming. Smile. Look professional. That profile pic is a turnoff already.

Do that first.

Let me attend to someone for now. I'll be back.

Hahaha. So, you noticed too? Without mincing words, if I'm one of the people reviewing profiles on upwork, I won't look twice before rejecting his account.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nsonaso(m): 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
Still buying payoneer @345/$
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teamb: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
I WILL BUY ALL YOUR FIVERR/PAYPAL FUND @YOUR RATE..... INSTANT FUNDING
https:///send?phone=2348095451718 or call 08095451718

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2018
greenstar:
just a quick one.

Thank you so much

Congratulations on the feat you have just achieved.
You came first out of one million freelancers that took the test. Congratulations once again.

In my own opinion, I don't think the English test ( US spelling) you totooko is anyway relevant to your categories given your skill set - you are not a writer/translator/editor/proofreader but a programer/developer.

There are many of your skill tests you can take to prove your expertise to Upwork that you possess valuable skills to thrive in the freelancing market place. You can take Java, Python, HTML, SQL, CSS, PHP and whatnot tests and try to rank at least in the 30th place in each. If Upwork didn't approve your profile then, you can contact them.

With that your profile can be easily approved for you have proved to them that you're what you professed.

And I think there is English test (US grammar) you can to prove to prospective clients that they won't find it hard to understand you given that you come from Nigeria.

In addition, one of the thing that can help your application approval is having a portfolio before sending your application for approval. The person (may not) reviewing your profile would have a look at your portfolio to access your expertise.

On a last bit, your profile actually looks good but there's a room for development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.