Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death (6715 Views)

Is There Anything Like Untimely Death? / But Why Do We Still Die ??? / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kiddie(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2015
frank317:

What mindset? Ok its not about prayer? So what's the function of prayer when u know its useless?

And pls calm down... This is just a normal discussion. No one is talking about force here. Just stick to the topic. Don't tell me anything about when I die because u know nothing about that.
prayer engineers our mindset
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
kiddie:

yes thanks for saying u know nothing about that to show u are not sure if there is or there is not an afterlife i guess there is no harm to which we believer live our life devoting ourself to christ

stick to topic man!!! i want you to explain to me how prayer is not useless
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
kiddie:

prayer engineers our mindset

now you are talking... so the work of prayer is to engineer our mindset. so actually Your God does not answer prayers? Prayer is just self motivation?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by ratatis(m): 12:02am On Sep 18, 2015
Setaje:

Like I earlier wrote. I might be wrong but I also believe in the principle of reincarnation, that aside. I wasn't there wiv them till the very end. So I don't no what would have allowed those people die a brutal death. Even jesus, died a brutal death. But I believe disobedience play a major role in a lot of people's lives. My point is just obey God and let his will be done.

I'll appreciate if you'll kindly shed some light on what you mean by the principle of reincarnation, & how it relates to this incidence.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by BOWOTO(m): 12:51am On Sep 18, 2015
CaptainJune:
Let me add one or two thoughts to Scholar8200's answer.

One thing is sure, sin hinders prayers. There are people that may have prayed many times for a solution but didn't get what they prayed for. This may be as a result of one or two sins they are still clinging to and are not ready to forsake. The presence of that sin(s) may hinder the effectiveness of their prayers. See, many people will just come and tell you that they prayed for a long time without any visible results, but what they won't tell you is their numerous adventures into the world of sin all that time they were praying to God for the answer to their requests. They think God will lower His standards because of them. 'Be ye holy for I am holy' can never be compromised for anybody.

Secondly, when we hear reports of deaths especially when it concerns a believer, we never know what transpired between that person and God during their last moments on earth. It is possible God had impressed upon that person an instruction or command through nagging feelings or thoughts but the person disobeyed thinking it was their imagination and paid the price of ignoring that little voice of warning. In nairaland here, in this section, there was a thread opened for people to recount their testimonies of God's intervention in their lives. A particular young lady's testimony moved me. She narrated that there was a time she went to the school hall to read at night. While reading, she said the feeling to shift her position to the right kept disturbing her. Finally, she obeyed the 'feeling' and did just that. Almost immediately, the cement roof above her collapsed in a heap on the place she was originally. I read the testimony of a foreign pastor a many years ago. He said while preparing to board a flight, he continued to have this persistent bad feeling about his decision. When it wouldn't stop, he got down on his knees and asked God whether he should board the flight or not. The answer came that he shouldn't. Later, he received the news that the particular flight he planned to board had crashed.

In the end, when a true believer dies through accident, or wickedness of man, or through sickness, it doesn't mean God did not grant their requests to live long. It may simply mean God used that accident to bring them home, not wanting them to stay any longer in the earth. Their work on earth may have been done so He sends for them using any means to bring about their death in order for them to spend the rest of eternity with Him.

[/b]
WHO IS WITHOUT SIN?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by tpiander: 3:33am On Sep 18, 2015
raayah:

I come from a very religious background. I know a lot of people who have prayed and are stiĺl praying.

atheism preceded WWII.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:36am On Sep 18, 2015
MzNelly:
Last I checked, nothing I have prayed for has ever come to fulfillment.

It's either there's no God up there or the God has more important things to worry about than His creation.
Nothing?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 18, 2015
OmolodMilkman93:
Nothing?

Yeah.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Well I don't know about others, I have a personal and working, active relationship with Jesus, he is my best friend. Your prayers might not come to pass because of certain reasons, he knows the end from the beginning, he knows why, maybe to make you stronger, maybe answering the prayer might coz harm to you than good.

My example, I lost my son, he went to primary school well and hearty, but I had some ominous dreams about him, I prayed but not too seriously, I was called by his teachers in school that he slept in class and could not wake up, he was pronounced dead in the hospital, he was seven years old. I still remember dat day. It tot me to pray more seriously about my dreams, some things can only be achieved by fasting and prayer.
Also my house got burnt in 2008, I didn't get a single thing out, even my certificates, God wanted me to leave and progress but I was scared of making changes, he forced and my life is now better than before, he replaced every thing I lost twice. Also these hallowing experiences have made me twice as strong and twice as confident and faithful to God than before. I love Jesus coz he has never failed me even once.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by benodic: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
the principle underlying this concept is the law of karma or law of cause and effect .

this law spans several lifetimes. so for example if someone in a previous life killed a young man or woman at the prime of their life , in another lifetime, the person will of course pay for the action by having his or her life also cut off at a young age. what you sow you reap. it is just a matter of time. even death is not an escape from reaping what you sow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Optimuszoom(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
raayah:

What about the Muslims that Strap bomb to their chest and attack Churches to kill Christains??

What about people who did not pass waec and Jamb who are christains??

I wrote an exam and passed ? You know why?? Because I studied for it!!

I remember during one crusade in Church, it was raining and the pastor and prayer warriors prayed saying the rain should fall. For where!! The rain fell and fell!! Because nature/life will happen whether we pray or not.

If you pray because it gives hope or relaxes you , then sure thats good.

You are such an intelligent lady. I dont think you reside in Nigeria (Hell Hole), do you?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by ratatis(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
MzNelly:
Last I checked, nothing I have prayed for has ever come to fulfillment.

It's either there's no God up there or the God has more important things to worry about than His creation.

It also implies that :

Either you haven't learnt how to pray effectively in a way that will yield you result.
Or your prayer must be wrongly directed.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by mohemos: 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Does that mean we should not pray at all ?
lepasharon:
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by charsola: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
raayah:

Awesome, I studied engineering too.
I got in because i was smart.
I believe you are smart too!!

@raayah are you an atheist?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by tpiander: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
raayah:

Awesome, I studied engineering too.
I got in because i was smart.
I believe you are smart too!!

are your lovers on nairaland?

You've opened a few sexually themed threads.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by raayah(f): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
tpiander:

are your lovers on nairaland?

You've opened a few sexually themed threads.

No
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by raayah(f): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
charsola:

@raayah are you an atheist?

No
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by tpiander: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
raayah:

No

How do you know your lovers are not on Nairaland?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by knowyaself2(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not doubting His existence.

His interest in us/me is something I'm not so sure of.
Don't talk about me.
You don't know about my successes or failures.

They're people who don't deserve half of what they have and yet they get it.
Atheists even.

While we sit, fast, pray and cry over what they have, yet God waits for us to stab ourselves with pains, then maybe one day when He's in a good mood/bored, after a million years, an angel comes through and answers us.

You are right about one thing tho.
His ways are mysterious.

Let's leave it at that.
My dear, stop wasting your time, trying to reason with deluded Christians. They always try so hard to defend their so called holy bible without looking at the facts of life.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by ratatis(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
benodic:

the principle underlying this concept is the law of karma or law of cause and effect .

this law spans several lifetimes. so for example if someone in a previous life killed a young man or woman at the prime of their life , in another lifetime, the person will of course pay for the action by having his or her life also cut off at a young age. what you sow you reap. it is just a matter of time. even death is not an escape from reaping what you sow.

Thanks bro benodic for providing an answer to my question to Setaje.

To add to that :
Most of the issues that we are currently struggling with, are due to the "strong" karmic ties & bonds we've made with others, in the past, as well as our "postulates" which have now "concretized" or "solidified".
Things move in cycles. When a concretized cycle of lifetime is not completed, & an individual willfully, abruptly, leaves the scene, he or she must necessarily come back to complete it, whether he/she will have to stay for only a day, or month, or year, or more.
There may be powerful, hidden karmic ties & bonds at work, influencing & holding the " concretized cycle " in place, such that a prayer "thought form" of most of us might not be powerful enough to influence it. For those few trained ones who can influence it, they also have the ability to perceive the "greater plan" & the implication their action will have on others whose lives are intricately woven into theirs, so they just allow the cycle to complete itself.
Many who try to uplift the lives of unconsenting people suffer this fate.

cc :
Setaje.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Setaje(f): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
ratatis:

Thanks bro benodic for providing an answer to my question to Setaje.

To add to that :
Most of the issues that we are currently struggling with, are due to the "strong" karmic ties & bonds we've made with others, in the past, as well as our "postulates" which have now "concretized" or "solidified".
Things move in cycles. When a concretized cycle of lifetime is not completed, & an individual willfully, abruptly, leaves the scene, he or she must necessarily come back to complete it, whether he/she will have to stay for only a day, or month, or year, or more.
There may be powerful, hidden karmic ties & bonds at work, influencing & holding the " concretized cycle " in place, such that a prayer "thought form" of most of us might not be powerful enough to influence it. For those few trained ones who can influence it, they also have the ability to perceive the "greater plan" & the implication their action will have on others whose lives are intricately woven into theirs, so they just allow the cycle to complete itself.
Many who try to uplift the lives of unconsenting people suffer this fate.

cc :
Setaje.

Sorry I wasn't able to reply you. This is what I meant by reincarnation but someone thought I was talking gibberish. Hence I lost interest on the thread. This to me is the only situation that explains why certain things happen to certain people. But I also believe in God's intervention which can actually change your karmic law.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Holyede: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2018
why all this ignorance? don't you know that a righteous person profits from death? to live is Christ, to die is to gain (Phillipians 1:21). they go to Heaven not to suffocate in the furnace (Luke 16:23).
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by benodic: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ignorance of spiritual laws is what is plaguing the earth today and most orthodox religions do not emphasize on these spiritual laws.

The answer to the question lies in understanding how spiritual laws operate especially the law of karma or law of cause and effect which Jesus Christ even highlighted in the Christian Bible when he said that whatsoever you sow that you will reap.
The problem is that people don't understand the full implication of that law.

It is the law that brought about reincarnation. So even death is not an escape from the law. If you commit a transgression on earth and die without paying for it, you will reincarnate back on earth to pay for it and some of that payment can come in the form of early death if you have killed someone in his prime in a past life. No amount of prayer will stop the payment. What prayer can do for you is to open your awareness to why the event happened.

God is not fooled by our antics. There is no mistake and no accidents in creation. All we have are ignorant creatures.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
OgundeleT:
I remember my days in UNILORIN, my friend that use to pray spill in her final year and need to spend extra year despite the fact that her CGPA is is pass category, but me that use to read and study pass my exams and I had my 2'1. The only GOD I praise or blame anything for my success or failure is myself because I am GOD
I love this, guy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
kwenu:
■ I just finished reading the story of that young promising , beautiful Lady, Oluchi, i was touched, its painful to see a loved one die like that through (electrocution) one other part of the story that caught my attention is where the sister said, that Oluchi prayed to God in church seriously before her death but yet at the end she still died. i lost my uncle about 7 years ago, and before he died, he had a dream concerning his death , and also his sister saw in a dream concerning his death, she saw him disapeared suddenly while he was descending down a hill then about 6 moths or a year later he died, he died at the age 37 leaving his family behind
his elder sister who saw his death and the rest of his family went into prayer but yet he still died
■ Now my question is, why did they have to still die after they have prayed to the almighty God, were their prayers never heard.?
■ some people may want to say its destiny, but i think not i will take it as destiny if Ezekiahs life had not been prolonged with 15 years
i invite all spirit filled Christians both prophets pastors, throw light on this issue
1. God does not promise people long life here on earth. That lie that your pastors and mogs instead fed to you has no bearing in scripture. Rather God's promise in both His Old Law and New Law is Eternal life aka grace, life after Death. undecided

2. Another thing religious folks conveniently refuse to accept is the fact that God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the prayers of the sinner are an abomination to God. No matter what kind of prayer you pray and how hard to pray for it, so long as you are not the first righteous in God's sight, God will not answer you — God will never change His mind to please any human being.

Now God did say that He answers all — not some — of the prayers of the righteous meaning that no matter the motive or kind of prayer said by a righteous man, God will answer it— He obligates Himself to do so. This means that it makes no sense to expect answers from God without first attaining Righteousness in God.

3. God answered Hezekiah's prayer because the man committed Himself to do that which was of God as King. God does not extend the same courtesy to the unrighteous. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MaxInDHouse Of Jehovah's Witnesses Has Confessed That Jesus Is God / Complete Biography of Pastor Stephanie Ike. / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.