Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death (6748 Views)

Is There Anything Like Untimely Death? / But Why Do We Still Die ??? / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
CaptainJune:

Let me ask you, is it unrealistic for God to call one of His sons or daughters home through any means of death we know in order for them to come to His rest and spend eternity with Him?

Isaiah 57:1-2. "The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."

Of course, this is not the 'general' reason why (God's) people die but it should not be discounted as one of the reasons. Have you read the book, The Final Quest? The book is not the foundation of my belief but it is one of the numerous confirmations of my belief.

Okay.

Whatever makes you sleep well at night.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Jeromejnr(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
I am just here to observe.

But anyway, I remember I asked God this question about two to three years ago when someone died that prayed much. And He gave me the answer.

I will just summarise in this one sentence for you Spirit filled Christians:

"Labour to enter your rest, turn the ship of your life around with your words in consistency".

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
you must have a personal and working relationship with God to make your prayer effective. God is a God of order. If you don't know him I bet you you'll not know how to relate with him and get answers to your prayers. the Bible say "for the spirit helpeth our infirmity for we do not know how to pray as we ought to but that same spirit maketh intercession for us......" so u see u must make all prayer and intercessions in the spirit to make your prayers effective. Only a child of God born of the spirit have assurance of prayer. the problem with unbelievers is that they expect to be answered by God even when they pray carelessly without the spirit of God
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by 3kay945(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
MzNelly:
CaptainJune, God kills us because He's bored and wants us to spend some time with Him?

Does this even make an iota of sense to you?
If you don't understand why people die, say so and stop giving brain dead explanations.

cheesy grin
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by ammyluv2002(f): 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
MzNelly:
Last I checked, nothing I have prayed for has ever come to fulfillment.

It's either there's no God up there or the God has more important things to worry about than His creation.
It's not possible! We pray all the time but in different ways.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by raayah(f): 12:32am On Sep 13, 2015
JoeCutie:
You see your life...
You've never asked God for success in your exams: WAEC, JAMB, Post UTME, semester exams etc, and you got it?

Many a time you've been on the road traveling. You've never asked God to grant you journey mercies and He did it?

Sometimes you do not have money in school and you still manage to feed?

You've never asked Him for "long life and prosperity"? And maybe you don't know that you're only saying all these things now because you're alive? Or...oh, you're not prosperous? Maybe not yet?

Stop talking about the lives of the "righteous and God-loving people", their lives are things you've no idea what's really happening in. Their lives are theirs, not yours. Face yours. Talk about yours. You've no idea the kinda relationship they have (or had?) with their God.

It's so unfortunate that after all the happenings in our present world, you'd still give yourself more reasons to criticize God, instead of appreciating Him. Well, it's not too surprising though; we live in a very negative world. People (we) tend to see and dwell on the negatives a lot more than they (we) appreciate the positives.

There is God. He reigns supreme, and His ways are mysterious.

What about the Muslims that Strap bomb to their chest and attack Churches to kill Christains??

What about people who did not pass waec and Jamb who are christains??

I wrote an exam and passed ? You know why?? Because I studied for it!!

I remember during one crusade in Church, it was raining and the pastor and prayer warriors prayed saying the rain should fall. For where!! The rain fell and fell!! Because nature/life will happen whether we pray or not.

If you pray because it gives hope or relaxes you , then sure thats good.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Chizzled06(m): 5:03am On Sep 13, 2015
Live your life to the fullest whilst satisfying your conscience and take everything in your stride.
Trying to rely on stone-age ideas of a supreme being observing, rewarding and punishing his creatures will only lead you to discontent and heartbreak

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by lepasharon(f): 7:11am On Sep 13, 2015
JoeCutie:
You see your life...
You've never asked God for success in your exams: WAEC, JAMB, Post UTME, semester exams etc, and you got it?

Many a time you've been on the road traveling. You've never asked God to grant you journey mercies and He did it?

You've never asked Him for "long life and prosperity"? And maybe you don't know that you're only saying all these things now because you're alive? Or...oh, you're not prosperous? Maybe not yet?

Stop talking about the lives of the "righteous and God-loving people", their lives are things you've no idea what's really happening in. Their lives are theirs, not yours. Face yours. Talk about yours. You've no idea the kinda relationship they have (or had?) with their God.

It's so unfortunate that after all the happenings in our present world, you'd still give yourself more reasons to criticize God, instead of appreciating Him. Well, it's not too surprising though; we live in a very negative world. People (we) tend to see and dwell on the negatives a lot more than they (we) appreciate the positives.

Weak undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2015
JoeCutie:
You see your life...

This shows how religion has blocked your thinking. What u described above is called life. It anything can happen to anybody and not because of prayer. All those things you claim to acquire as a result of prayer, other people get without praying. Again prayer is just some nonsensical mumbling. It just gives the prayee hope but in real sense life (good and bad) still happens.

Christians have died in terrible situation despite their prayers, pastors have been victims of death, theft, natural disaster and all that despite their prayers.

It's time you start thinking, life happens to everyone both good and bad, prayer changes nothingnothing only action does.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Sunnystooth(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2015
raayah:

Awesome, I studied engineering too.
I got in because i was smart.
I believe you are smart too!!
Lolz, what branch of Engineering did you study? Just curious. You get sharp mouth oh.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
erusen:
and I know a lot of people that just started praying and their prayers answered I prayed for admission to study engineering I got it

Then all Nigerian engineers should be Christian prayer warriors?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by erusen: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
theAtheist101:

every has what work for them some people gain admission due to influence and bribe and when my score came out I passed but I was advice to pay bribe to secure admission but as a Christian family I rejected but prayed instead and I got first badge
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kevoh(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
theAtheist101:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
erusen:
every has what work for them some people gain admission due to influence and bribe and when my score came out I passed but I was advice to pay bribe to secure admission but as a Christian family I rejected but prayed instead and I got first badge

What then would you say about those that scored lower than you, but prayed that they should be favoured? Would you say they didn't pray well or they didn't just meet the merit list?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by johnydon22(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
erusen:
So it wasn't your Jamb and Pume score that got you the admission but prayers...

Ok so why didn't you then simply not write Jamb and Pume and prayed instead since prayers got you the admission and not your jamb and pume

why not leave jamb and Pume and just pray since prayers can simply just get you the admission without a hitch..

there is nothing one will not hear in Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kiddie(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
johnydon22:
So it wasn't your Jamb and Pume score that got you the admission but prayers...

Ok so why didn't you then simply not write Jamb and Pume and prayed instead since prayers got you the admission and not your jamb and pume

why not leave jamb and Pume and just pray since prayers can simply just get you the admission without a hitch..

there is nothing one will not hear in Nigeria.
We pray and work towards it with faith
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Chizzled06(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
"I do not pray.
I accept the means at my disposal for working out my destiny.
It seems to me that I have been given a mind and willpower for that very purpose. I do not expect God to single me out and grant me advantages over my fellow men.
Prayer seems to me a cry of weakness, and an attempt to avoid, by trickery, the rules of the game as laid down.
I do not choose to admit weakness.
I accept the challenge of responsibility."

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
kiddie:

We pray and work towards it with faith

What really is the function of prayer since u need to work towards a result. People who don't pray but work towards result still get result don't they?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Setaje(f): 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmmmn. People should not judge. The man u think is good yet died, u do not no his last days wiv God. You don't even no what he does when he is alone. All I know is if u work wiv God in all sincerity and faithfulness. No harm shall come your way. I don't no how u guys can sit down here and limit God. U think it's by your understanding. What I know is, I might be wrong but I feel that the death of any innocent person is mostly due to "aigboran" disobedience. This is me judging but that is truly what I feel. No man that works wiv God in truth and in spirit will die an untimely death because God will guide you in every step of the way. He would tell you where to go and what to do. He will never live your side. So many people have escaped death by obeying that voice. How can u think God does not care about your life. God cares about what you eat sef. The most minute details he cares.

It is well!.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by waldigit: 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
Scholar8200:
Explain Foundations.

psalm 11:3 if foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? The law of sowing and reaping ranges from generation to generation. The generation that sow may not be the one that shall reap. Hence, if a generation sow evil of a murder(this cannot be restituted) they may escape judgement like David in the case of Uriah, the forthcoming generation may have to pay, no matter their level of righteousness. This places a great demand on faithfulness of God. May Holy Spirit help us.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by funkyfrevy(f): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Most pple just pray without reference from the bible. God needs u to use d words in d bible. Take a look at king jeosaphat in second chronicles chapter 20 Read from verse 1 to d last u will see DAT wen his enemies came for him,He reminded God of how powerful he is,declared a fast and rest was history. U need to have d word of God inside of u. I rembered wen I had a dream DAT I was gonna die within 7days. My response to d person telling me I was going to die in Dat dream was Isaiah 7 vs 7. Wen I woke up I started praying with Isaiah 8vs 10, Isaiah 28vs 18, Isaiah 25 vs 8, Isaiah 37 vs 33 -35. Isaiah 38 vs 18 -19. Job 5 vs 12 job 5 vs 26. Job 35 vs13. And so on. I was remembering God On his promises towards my life. In DAT seventh day, I anionnted my self and my family saying "Touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm". Believe me d dream I had DAT night was epic. I can't giv e u d details here but an angry lion was butchered. So my dear the word of God is very important . He said in isaiah 41 vs 21 DAT u should produce ur cause. So I gave him my reasons in wot he said. Remember God cannot lie. There are words for every threat in d Bible u just let d words b living in you and u will be victorious. I used to take life easy before but now I know DAT dis life is not to be handled gently spiritually. Remember my people perish for lack of knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by OgundeleT(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
kwenu:
only a fool will choose not to reason with the most read book in the whole wide world (the bible)

The fact that many people read bible does not say what is there in the bible is a fact, to you bible is the best but to other religion folks and atheist like me it is a mere thrash

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by OgundeleT(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
I remember my days in UNILORIN, my friend that use to pray spill in her final year and need to spend extra year despite the fact that her CGPA is is pass category, but me that use to read and study pass my exams and I had my 2'1. The only GOD I praise or blame anything for my success or failure is myself because I am GOD

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by MaziOmenuko: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Setaje:
What I know is, I might be wrong but I feel that the death of any innocent person is mostly due to "aigboran" disobedience.[/b]This is me judging but that is truly what I feel. [b]No man that works wiv God in truth and in spirit will die an untimely death because God will guide you in every step of the way. He would tell you where to go and what to do.

It is well!.

Ooh dear!! That's a blasphemy against John the baptist (behaded), Stephen (stoned to death), Peter (crucified upside down), Pastor Bimbo (plane crash), Rev Myles Munroe (plane crash) to mention but a few.

Are you trying to say these men of God and apostles lacked what a true Christian needs?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
I believe God can/does give us what we pray for but NOT always how we desire/expect or in the time frame we have in mind. Yes, It is important to pray correctly, be consistent asking Father to provide what is promised to His children but first and foremost come to Him in praise and thanks for EVERYTHING difficult/good. Requesting first that God draw you closer to Him so that you may know Him better, pray for wisdom and understanding. Seek His kingdom first. Praying against premature death and still dying young/unexpectedly does not mean God didn't hear your prayer. If you pray with a pure heart, giving all glory and honor to Him, and submitting to His will there's no worries about if you word your prayers 'well' bc the Holy Spirit will intercede on your behalf and bring the prayers to The Father. The thing is God doesn't just give everything to His children just because we pray; the most righteous man is still under the will of God. A true child of God can't die prematurely for He calls you home at His will & time, which is always the correct time. Those who are not true children of God can bring the circumstances of their own death to pass through sin from following freely their own will instead of God's and He let's them reap the consequences of what they've sewn. What we should pray for is His will be done in our lives and for us to except it with the faith that He knows best. As our parents on earth dont always give children what they ask for (no matter how good/deserving the kids are) nor does God for its not always whats best for us. And we may never understand the reason why we were denied. If we always got what we prayed for we'd all live forever, have plenty $, never suffer illnesses, etc. If we focus our prayers on seeking His kingdom first, giving Him all praise, honor and glory asking His help to live a Christ-like life we really dont need to ask for much bc He already knows what His children need before we even pray for it. Sometimes our prayer requests are denied and other times we receive things we didn't even pray for.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by Setaje(f): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Ooh dear!! That's a blasphemy against John the baptist (behaded), Stephen (stoned to death), Peter (crucified upside down), Pastor Bimbo (plane crash), Rev Myles Munroe (plane crash) to mention but a few.

Are you trying to say these men of God and apostles lacked what a true Christian needs?

Like I earlier wrote. I might be wrong but I also believe in the principle of reincarnation, that aside. I wasn't there wiv them till the very end. So I don't no what would have allowed those people die a brutal death. Even jesus, died a brutal death. But I believe disobedience play a major role in a lot of people's lives. My point is just obey God and let his will be done.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by MaziOmenuko: 12:05am On Sep 14, 2015
Setaje:

Like I earlier wrote. I might be wrong but I also believe in the principle of reincarnation, that aside. I wasn't there wiv them till the very end. So I don't no what would have allowed those people die a brutal death. Even jesus, died a brutal death. But I believe disobedience play a major role in a lot of people's lives. My point is just obey God and let his will be done.

Sometimes, its best to keep quite on things you don't have understanding of: rather than insinuate an absord hypothesis.

Just my 2cents.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kiddie(m): 12:14am On Sep 14, 2015
frank317:

What really is the function of prayer since u need to work towards a result. People who don't pray but work towards result still get result don't they?
yes its our mindset and u were never forced to believe in christ i really wonder whats the harm there u follow his commandments thereby living a righteous life if you die and he truly exist then you know you'll make it to heaven but if you die and he doesnt exist then you die knowing fully well that you lived a good and blissfull life here on earth
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kiddie(m): 12:16am On Sep 14, 2015
do u know that when we pray with one mindset and in one accord it creates energy grin
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 5:58am On Sep 14, 2015
kiddie:

yes its our mindset and u were never forced to believe in christ i really wonder whats the harm there u follow his commandments thereby living a righteous life if you die and he truly exist then you know you'll make it to heaven but if you die and he doesnt exist then you die knowing fully well that you lived a good and blissfull life here on earth

What mindset? Ok its not about prayer? So what's the function of prayer when u know its useless?

And pls calm down... This is just a normal discussion. No one is talking about force here. Just stick to the topic. Don't tell me anything about when I die because u know nothing about that.
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by frank317: 6:24am On Sep 14, 2015
kiddie:
do u know that when we pray with one mindset and in one accord it creates energy grin

What mindset? So explain why results are achieved with or without prayer?
Re: Why Do People Still Die Prematurely After Praying To God Against Untimely Death by kiddie(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2015
frank317:

What mindset? Ok its not about prayer? So what's the function of prayer when u know its useless?

And pls calm down... This is just a normal discussion. No one is talking about force here. Just stick to the topic. Don't tell me anything about when I die because u know nothing about that.
yes thanks for saying u know nothing about that to show u are not sure if there is or there is not an afterlife i guess there is no harm to which we believer live our life devoting ourself to christ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Factors Affecting Church Growth / Pfn Makes It Clear That Any Member Fraternizes With Tb Joshua Will Be Suspended / Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.