Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? (3790 Views)

End of story. / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by pughamat(m): 4:47am On Apr 08, 2009
Every day we see and hear stories of the number of divorces taking place all over the world.
There are even some sad stories of couples whom for just the first three months of marriage,
they begin to experience treats of divorce.
It is recorded that some marriages did not even last for more than two months. the question is;
what is the cause of this thing called divorce? does it mean God did not destined both couple to be
together? or they have missed it somewhere along the line. Is it their inability to handle problems arising in the
Marriage Knowing fully well that problems are bound to arise?.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Sissy3(f): 6:18am On Apr 08, 2009
pughamat:

what is the cause of this thing called divorce? does it mean God did not destined both couple to be
together? or they have missed it somewhere along the line. Is it their inability to handle problems arising in the
Marriage Knowing fully well that problems are bound to arise?.

divorces happen because of so many differences that's are irreconcilable between the parties involved. i think mostly it wasn't mean to be in the first place, cox i personally believe that a marriage rooted in God's vineyard will last no matter the obstacles the couple will face. and with so many instantaneous drive through marriages happening, i would say people marry out of so many wrong reasons and have wild expectations, so when those reasons and wild expectations are unmet, they seek the divorce route. some folks are just immature and irresponsible to be married in the first place therefore, they cant handle martial problems.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Akinagirl(f): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2009
Couldn't have said it better myself Sissy. People just rush into things and they are not mature enough to be married. Some shouldn't have even been married in the first place.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2009
@Topic.
Còñtäct a qualified Pastor for more detail.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by LadyangeA(f): 10:21am On Apr 08, 2009
Some men hide their real character in order to get a lady once they succeed in having you they show their true colours some of which the lady can't just take and hence it leads to divorce.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by JustGood(m): 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2009
Ladyange_A:

Some men hide their real character in order to get a lady once they succeed in having you they show their true colours some of which the lady can't just take and hence it leads to divorce.

very true

it goes both ways though
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by chrishenzo: 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
The moment we marry due to the outward qualities, we are not final destination called DIVORCE. Show me a couple that marry because of the You in You and I will show you a marriage that can never be dismantle by any force.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by oluwdashmi(f): 9:48am On Apr 09, 2009
~Sissy~:

divorces happen because of so many differences that's are irreconcilable between the parties involved. i think mostly it wasn't mean to be in the first place, cox i personally believe that a marriage rooted in God's vineyard will last no matter the obstacles the couple will face. and with so many instantaneous drive through marriages happening, i would say people marry out of so many wrong reasons and have wild expectations, so when those reasons and wild expectations are unmet, they seek the divorce route. some folks are just immature and irresponsible to be married in the first place therefore, they cant handle martial problems.

Well said Sissy!

brein:

@Topic.
Còñtäct a qualified Pastor for more detail.

A pastor won't tell you more than this. He will only add the fact that both of you should be born again and understand each other. Some pastors even mislead by match-making the wrong people e.g persons of same pry and sec temperament, just cos they are desperate and at last they won't be able to cope.

Ladyange_A:

This is true but vice versa.
Vigilance, time and closeness could go a long way in eradicating this (although Christianity forbids closeness) .
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by pughamat(m): 2:46am On Apr 10, 2009
It is understood that divorce happen for so many reasons, but my question is that
when will the problem of divorce come to an end?. and what can be the necessary
solution to reunite a divorced marriage?.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Joseph6(m): 2:53am On Apr 10, 2009
In my own opinion whether God ordained d marriage or not depends on both parties 2 it. Believin a marriage is ordained is lyk expectin manna 4rm heaven(literarily), jst because he did it den doznt mean he wld do it again he, same way, jst bcoz the bible doznt record divorce doesnt mean all d marriages were ordained.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2009
It means that two people just could not be together.Two people could not tolerate each others excesses,two people could not understand and accept each other.it means that some things are not just meant to be.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by pughamat(m): 12:56am On Apr 15, 2009
A friend of mine once told me that he saw his wife to be by revelation
in a dream. And when he saw her physically he immediately recognise
her as the lady he saw in his dream, without wasting time he said,
God has done it.

He proceeded to get married to her, but within a few years,
after giving birth to two children, he discovered that the wife was a witch. and today
they are no more married.

Now what do you have to say about that? are they not supposed to continue in marriage
as christians?. for the Bible says: what God Has joined together let no man put asunder.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Seun(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2009
His wife was not a witch. When you start calling your wife a witch, marriage done finish be that.
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by JJYOU: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

divorces happen because of so many differences that's are irreconcilable between the parties involved. i think mostly it wasn't mean to be in the first place, cox [size=14pt]i personally believe that a marriage rooted in God's vineyard will last no matter the obstacles the couple will face[/size]. and with so many instantaneous drive through marriages happening, i would say people marry out of so many wrong reasons and have wild expectations, so when those reasons and wild expectations are unmet, they seek the divorce route. some folks are just immature and irresponsible to be married in the first place therefore, they cant handle martial problems.
sorry ma,  even if an angel came to announce the marriage if the 2 people involved choose to be ignorant and take each other for granted they are sadly headed for being a DIVORCE statistics.  every good marriage is hard work and like you said immature and grossly irresponsible people have no business being married at all.

this I, me and my miserable self generation are mostly not prepared.
Seun:

His wife was not a witch. When you start calling your wife a witch, marriage done finish be that.
seun, everything nigerians cant explain is witchcraft
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Lax75(m): 4:32am On Apr 16, 2009
Brothers/Sisters, please read Matthew 5:32, Jesus himself talks about the only reason where divorce is exusable.

Pride and a poor relationship with God on both ends leads to divorce. If the husband loves God sincerely, and so does the wife sincerely, they would definitely love each other like Christ loves the church (body of Christ). Don't mean to get all spiritual/religous but I can promise you that a relationship founded on the love of God will never see the face of divorce.

Sometimes, a divorce doesn't always mean that the marriage wasn't meant to be. My friend attends a church where the pastor and his wife a looong time ago actually got divorced and for two years, its like God punished them as they went out trying to find other mates. Every relationship they ended up in was failure upon failure. Cut a long story short, after two years, they got back together and have been married happily since then (1985). They are a force to be reckoned with, formed a ministry and help married couples avoid divorce.

Here is their story below:

http://www.igochurch.com/pastor.html

Those of you who are married, please understand that the devil has been trying to attack the covenant of marriage now as marriage has no value in society and people are becoming jaded. You all need to love each other, raise each other, protect each other, pray together and stand strong like a fortress fighting off anything and anyone who tries to pull you apart.

Cool
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by Vango1954: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
I joined this group just to answer this question. It seems NO one actually answered it. The answer is NO!!!
It does not mean that God did not ordain/sanction the marriage, because you got divorced.

We all must understand one thing, GOD gave us choice! We all can step out of the will of God for our lives. We know His grace and mercy covers us. His compassion is is new every morning. The Holy Spirit teaches, guides and instructions us everyday, but if we do not OBEY and walk in the truth of HIS word we sin and do whatever the flesh dictates.

I know this because I am currently separated from my husband, an Elder in the church. HE LEFT ME because he said 'we no longer communicate'. I told him that was not a reason for divorce or separation. He disagrees. He said GOD wants him happy. He said I don't call him or text him like i used to. Come to find out another woman was doing this ALL DAY LONG!

I asked for reconciliation before he left. He said no, it's too late. MY HUSBAND CHOSE TO LEAVE BECAUSE IT IS WHAT HE WANTS TO DO!
PERIOD!!!!
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by NifemiOlu(m): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 11:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
God might ordain a marriage, however the people in it have to build it.

1 Like

Re: Divorce! Does It Mean God Did Not Ordained The Marriage? by okotv(m): 12:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Am here now. Marriage is a divine institution ordained by God and we all agree that nothing God does is ever wrong. The major problem with 21st century marriages are those involved. No prayer and sincerity before rushing to the altar and not much to do after the wedding ceremony.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage / Before And After Marriage / A Family Routine That Really Caught My Intrest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.