Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! (60204 Views)

Please Share Your TSTV Experience / Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie / 3 Idiots - 2017 Nollywood Movie Thriller - YET FILMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2016
tatucci:

i think the best lesson from the movie was what one of them said at the end : go after excellence and success will pursue you pants down... grin grin grin

Yes. We should pay more attention to our pursuit of excellence; success will not be an issue .

1 Like

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by barragan: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2016
This movie would have been perfect of not for the damn dancing interludes. Please why do Indians do that thing?
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by ebony3soul(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2016
All is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2016
barragan:
This movie would have been perfect of not for the damn dancing interludes. Please why do Indians do that thing?
lol
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by seiraries: 10:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Great post OP dearpreye,

Learnt a lot of lessons from this movie which I'll try to summarise:
>> Knowledge is useless... without application. Rancho showed that over and over again. Knowledge is gleaning information from texts and other sources. Wisdom is in applying it to real life.

>> If you really desire to succeed, invest in people. This is not by giving them money alone. Give them your care attention, wisdom etc. Rancho invested in everyone around him even Virus his teacher!

>> Success does not guarantee lasting happiness. When you succeed, you're happy for a while, then you're chasing the next best thing. Chatur kept chasing the best grades but all he got were little doses of happiness. Lasting happiness can only be got when you help people.

>> Think out of the box in all situations. There's more than one way of getting into a house. If you cannot use the front door, find the backdoor. Rancho demonstrated this many times. A typical example is how he got centimeter into schools.

>> Failure should not be treated as a leper but as valuable learning experiences. Most of what we know today was through someone's failure or mistake.
Raju's many failures later redefined him. He got his epiphany after his failed suicide.

>> Lies catch up to you someday and having all the wealth in the world does not make you invincible. All the money in the world cannot buy a brilliant mind. The one thing even a slave can own is his/her mind.
Case in point is the fake Rancho who eventually took Rancho's ICE certificate.

There are many more that have been well elucidated already especially the value of true friendship.

BTW, have any of you seen RISHTEY? It's an old, old Indie movie as well but will it make you cry? Will it teach you lessons? And will it make you a better person?
YOU BET!

Edit: India has the highest student suicide rates in the world and 3 Idiots was/is a perfect tool to showcase the problem and proffer solutions to the burgeoning problem.
Nollywood again take a cue.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by LanrexBaba(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2016
If someone ain't doing well, you can always encourage them.
You can be what you wanna be..There's no limit to what you acheive.
Follow excellence, success will chase you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by seiraries: 10:33am On Apr 07, 2016
barragan:

They do the damn dancing interludes because it's a strong part of their culture and they try their best to project their culture. Nollywood should take a cue from that and stop failing terribly at imitating Hollywood.
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2016
seiraries:
Great post OP dearpreye,

>> Knowledge is useless... without application. Rancho showed that over and over again. Knowledge is gleaning information from texts and other sources. Wisdom is in applying it to real life.

>> If you really desire to succeed, invest in people. This is not by giving them money alone. Give them your care attention, wisdom etc. Rancho invested in everyone around him even Virus his teacher!

>> Success does not guarantee lasting happiness. When you succeed, you're happy for a while, then you're chasing the next best thing. Chatur kept chasing the best grades but all he got were little doses of happiness. Lasting happiness can only be got when you help people.

>> Think out of the box in all situations. There's more than one way of getting into a house. If you cannot use the front door, find the backdoor. Rancho demonstrated this many times. A typical example is how he got centimeter into schools.

>> Failure should not be treated as a leper but as valuable learning experiences. Most of what we today was through someone's failure or mistake.
Raju's many failures later redefined him. He got his epiphany after his failed suicide.

>> Lies catch up to you someday and having all the wealth in the world does not make you invincible. All the money in the world cannot buy a brilliant mind. The one thing even a slave can own is his/her mind.

There are many more that have been well elucidated already especially the value of true friendship.

BTW, have any of you seen RISHTEY? It's an old, old Indie movie as well but will it make you cry? Will it teach you lessons? And will it make you a better person?
YOU BET!

Thanks for penning the above viral lessons.

The lessons are actually almost endless.

Invest in people. It pays the greatest interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Kassidy90(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2016
My best Indian movie...."The chicken is clueless about d fate of egg, will it hatch or become omelette?
All is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by yetunsbay(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2016
PAT4HOT:
The movie never miss in my laptop no matter how many times I have to format it....

I have learnt a lot from the movie among which u guys have mentioned already but one important lesson is dat life is a competition, u must struggle/strive to survive. "Even in the process of fertilization, u must struggle with millions of spe.rm cells for u to fertilize.....
that's Virus premise. I'll rather go wit Life isn't abt competitn
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
LOL.. YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS BOLLYWOOD MOVIE.. "BILEU".. This movie can even make a saddist or socio-path to cry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by jclassiq(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2016
Its so strange. I bought this same film the very first day my ex gf visited me. As soon as we got home I put it on and she was watching it. She got so absorbed in the movie that she didn't eve pay me any more attention!!!!
I, On the other hand was so frustrated bcuz I wanted to be intimate. I couldn't watch it.
At a point she was crying. I was surprised bcuz I wasn't following.
But subsequently she never missed a day without watching that movie each time she comes over during the weekends. #Crazy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by sylvophobia: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2016
Never let people talk you down, and never give up on your dreams: I can't really remember the name of that guy who built a drone/helicopter for his final year project, i believe if he never gave up on his dreams regardless the threat and nasty words from Virus, he would have realized his dreams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by kels4fun(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2016
Make your passion your proffession. Ever since i watched that movie i have focus more on programming which is my passion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by ajisuper(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2016
ALL IS WELL
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2016
kels4fun:
Make your passion your proffession. Ever since i watched that movie i have focus more on programming which is my passion.

That's courageous. Our wealth and happiness are in our passion.
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Abuklaw(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
seiraries:
Great post OP dearpreye,

>> Failure should not be treated as a leper but as valuable learning experiences. Most of what we today was through someone's failure or mistake.

YOU BET!

Edit: India has the highest student suicide rates in the world and 3 Idiots was/is a perfect tool to showcase the problem and proffer solutions to the burgeoning problem.
Nollywood again take a cue.
Nice observation and contribution dear brother.

in addition to your comment, I learnt many other important lessons;

>>YOU CANNOT BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME. No matter how intelligent you are, there comes a time when you will be wrong while others are right. Just accept your fallibility and move on. Rancho asked why the scientist spent millions to invent a pen while they can use pencil in the space. But he forgot that there is zero gravity in the space which a broken tip of a pencil would damage.

>>NO MATTER WHAT, NEVER QUIT. Sometimes, we quit because we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Had we exercised little patience, we could have succeeded. Joy Lobo quited when he failed to meet the submission deadline for his project not knowing someone is already watching what transpired between him and virus and ready to help out. Be Patient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by yetunsbay(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lovely movie indeed. People cn try out these also- Ghajini, We're family

...bt wait ooo u cn also help me wit another Hindi & emotional blockbuster movie
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
This is one of my most favorite movies ever
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Raydos: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
dearpreye:

Joy Lobo. I QUIT!

Yeah Joy Lobo!
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by missyQween(f): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
I cried and laughed.... I love watching it....Love that lead actor plenty
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by gentlegenius(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
ladyF:

Dont be a wicked lecturer. Go to school to be smart and not for the paper.
I think you should reverse this statement like this: Go to school for the papers and not to learn how to be smart in life.
No teacher will teach you how to be smart. If you see people that are really smart, ask them and they'll confirm this.
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Nwadiala: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Millimeter is now centimeter. Not centimeter, you are kilometer
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Guyman02: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Freeheart(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Follow excellent and success will chase": This is the word the got me, I discovered dat u can only be successful when u re excel in wot u re doin.............. 3idiot a must watch film

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by seiraries: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Abuklaw:
Nice observation and contribution dear brother.

in addition to your comment, I learnt many other important lessons;

>>YOU CANNOT BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME. No matter how intelligent you are, there comes a time when you will be wrong while others are right. Just accept your fallibility and move on. Rancho asked why the scientist spent millions to invent a pen while they can use pencil in the space. But he forgot that there is zero gravity in the space which a broken tip of a pencil would damage.

>>NO MATTER WHAT, NEVER QUIT. Sometimes, we quit because we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Had we exercised little patience, we could have succeeded. Joy Lobo quited when he failed to meet the submission deadline for his project not knowing someone is already watching what transpired between him and virus and ready to help out. Be Patient

Thank you sir. Nice input from you as well.
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by seiraries: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
yetunsbay:
Lovely movie indeed. People cn try out these also- Ghajini, We're family

...bt wait ooo u cn also help me wit another Hindi & emotional blockbuster movie

Haven't seen Ghajini and PK but I'll address that soon. You can try Baghban, Black, Rishtey, Tathatsu (actually a remake of Denzel Washington's "John Q"wink, and Kabhi Kuchi Kabhi Gham.
Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by 2emgee(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
I shed tears at that emotional scene too. I love movies from that young India man Amir Khan, try see LIKE STARS ON EARTH too if u haven't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by spicyhoney(f): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
Great movie, I cant get tired of watching it.

*singing* 'ALL IS WELL'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by Jjjjustice(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chase excellence and success will follow you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by yetunsbay(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
seiraries:

Haven't seen Ghajini and PK but I'll address that soon. You can try Baghban, Black, Rishtey, Tathatsu (actually a remake of Denzel Washington's "John Q"wink, and Kabhi Kuchi Kabhi Gham.
ve seen baghban,kabhi kuchi kabhi...wl definitely check on odas... GHAJINI by Aamir Khan-dnt be told!

1 Like

Re: 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! by butanep(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
ayokunlei:

Butanep must have seen this movie too

I ve not only seen it but I ve also watched the movie countless times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Where To Download 30 Days In Atlanta? / BBNaija: Tacha Suffers Nip Slip During Saturday Night Party / #BBNAJIA: Mike Got The Highest Number Of Votes, See How Nigerians Voted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.