Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:44 AM

Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway (5692 Views)

Original Photos Of The Pictures On Naira Notes / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway / Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by Marotzke(m): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
I
ibedun:

Read your shit back to yourself again. Why comment on a subject you have no clue about. The money held in safes and underground vaults will turns to worthless paper. The value will revert back to the central bank into the government's account. That's what will happen. In 1984 we ran out of foreign reserves with a massive dollar debt hanging over our heads. Today we still have At least $33B in the kitty so we are not in a state of panic. Ode.
I read through your ramblings and honestly I can't find cause or reason for your insults. Then ; people are like that. As fashola rightly noted; when you wrestle with a pig, you get dirty and the pig gets happy. Enjoy your mud and slime.
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by daveP(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
Anticipate the arabic inscriptions on it again. Annoying trend
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by cozy7(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mogidi:
Any one angry that present Naira note contains Arabic inscription should wait for the next one.

An opportunity for Buhari to embrace total sharia of Nigeria
Absolutely wrong!
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
NONSENSE
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
Marotzke:
How can you recover the billions that you've rendered useless and valueless. Naira was at par with pounds sterling until the pig headed change of currency coloures by the Buhari administration in 1984.
What followed was a runaway and massive devaluation as word on the street was that Naira was a risky currency to hold.

Thirty years later; is it that Buhari or Nigerians have not learned anything?

Rubbish, the Naira was already under pressure due to maladministration by the Shehu Shagari government, the change of colour under Buhari's short corrective regime (1984- 1985) had minimum impact on the value of the Naira; however, the first major decline in Naira value commenced with the Babangida regime which took IMF loan and introduced structural adjustment as part of the austerity measures of the conditionalities imposed by that loan - Naira dropped from about 4:1 to over 40:1.

Since then, the Naira had witnessed steady decline under successive governments till today with the exception of the Abacha regime which stabilised it (along with interest rates) at approx at 86:1.

Please get your facts right and give credit where it is due; the change of colour in 1984 achieved its intend aim then as it would most likely achieve if were to be introduced again - many looters of the looters were caught out and got badly burnt.
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by Israel5(m): 12:08am On Sep 13, 2015
Zobo!
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by razfad10(m): 6:23am On Sep 13, 2015
Mogidi:
Any one angry that present Naira note contains Arabic inscription should wait for the next one.

no go let buhari issue give u heartbreak
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by razfad10(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

If Islamic cryptographic symbols are not your problems in arewa-oduastan, it is your problem, you are prolly Yoruba muslim deceivibg himself. I as a Christian Easterner care, If not for us, your awusa Fulani masters would have renamed you nigerianistan, Christian yorrobers should be grateful.
now tell me the difference between u and boko bois
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by Yeske2(m): 6:36am On Sep 13, 2015
Wailers at it again, what do we do to this people my good people?
Re: Breakingnews! New Naira Notes Underway by oleeee(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2015
Mogidi:

oh nd i think say ur mama born u with sence

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Got The Disgrace Of His Life Yesterday.. / 'Sunday Oliseh Insulted My Late Mum Before Stripping Me Of My Captaincy':Enyeama / 20 Funny Hilarious Pictures Of Buhari Will Make You Laugh (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.