Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help (25400 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Bossman(m): 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
Assuming this is true, I wish you the best. However, from looking at the number of posts you have responded to today, something does not sound right. I hope I am wrong though.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by factbox(f): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked,soory lost in thought.pray nothing is impossible 4 God to do
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by tayoast(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2009
What choice do u av?

Just heed your doctors' advice.

Good Luck
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by friendl: 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2009
Let me advice a very good advice, you better start taking the drug treatment before it eats up deep in your system , you are even lucky that you know on time,AIDS have killed someone very close to me, start the treatment on time,,
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by BabyGirl5: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2009
Woo
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by matnxmomah(m): 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2009
hello,troubled one, 1st i must advise u get suicide off your mind.being hiv positive is not really the big deal,but how you can live positively with it is what is most important. I am a pharmacist and happen to work in a general hospital in lagos and have dispensed as well as counseled PLWHA (pple living with Hiv aids) for a long time.
ist i will count you lucky for finding out about ur hiv status dis early as a lot of pple arent't dat lucky.most would be bed-ridden b4 they found out. this is a big plus to you cos with early commencement of ARVs by you and your partner and proper adherence and compliance,you and your partner can live a normal life.
you have to register urself in any facility where you can access ARVs and counselling(most are free of charge).Ur cd4 level has to be determined and you ld likely to be placed under PMTCT(prevention of mother to child transmission) medications during your late pregnancy .one way you can live positively,is to do all u can to prevent transmission of the virus to d unborn child.you may also consider having ur delivery in d same facility where ur status is known so appropriate preventive measures can be taken during and after d course of delivery.they include giving you a stat dose nevirapine when u go into labour,stat dose nevirapine to d child on delivery as well as six-weeks dose of zidovudine  to the child.
also you may inquire from your counsellor about breast-feeding and hiv as well as other feeding options.
the internet is rich with a lot of info about hiv including past,present and on-going researches geared towards finding a cure.the more knowledge u equip urself with about d ailment,d more u demistify it and overcome unecessary fears.join a care group where you can meet others living well with the same condition and it will also do a lot in alleviating your fears.
Your husbands needs your love and support most @ dis trying time and vise-versa. Be strong and optimistic and all will be well.Feel free to ask for any more info.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by PurestBoy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2009
If you were a man, I would understand cos men are brave ( not really more than women) but a lady for that matter and within two days you can still recognise the alphabets on your keyboard and have time to login to Nl.

The story get as e be
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by MaiSuya(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Poster
U're lying.
I worked as a volunteer attending to HIV patients.
Their first reaction is denial, shock, anger then acceptance.
Normally, you ought to be devastated at this point.
Using the net will be the last thing on your mind.
90percent of patients are devastated for 4wks before accepting their fate.
My dear, don't bring a curse on yourself.
HIV/AIDS ain't fun.

My exact sentiments. though one good thing that has arisen from this tread is that a lot of people are being educated. . .
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by PurestBoy(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2009
The poster is a blatant liar and she has put a curse on herself.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Onyema1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2009
@poster, am really very sorry.  But do not loose hope.  GOD can do every thing you think is impossible, just have faith in GOD and you are healed.  Please  try and book to see Pastor T.B. Joshua of The Synagogue Church of all Nations.  I have witnessed him heal HIV patients and more other dreadful diseases.

Iam not a member of his church, but i believe that GOD is using him to touch people.

Please do not doubt, just try and book for his healing taking place every Saturday, at Synagogue Church complex in Ikotun Egbe, Lagos, you will not regret it, and you will see GOD in action.  But remember, you must have faith in GOD.

The LORD is your strenght
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by ty4eva(f): 3:59am On Apr 09, 2009
Maa'm
This is the time you really need to be strong. You need all the inner strength in you not to break down, i'd advise you do a second test again to confirm your status because we have seen instances where the results are not accurate. If eventually it's true, then you have to take heart, be strong, move closer to God, read more of christian literatures and yes! take those anti-retroviral drugs because you really need them to sustain you and also prevent mother- to -child -transmission.Did you go through the proper counselling that preceeds the test? If no, then you need a counsellor now, but most importantly, you are you own best counsellor and that is why i stress that you need all the inner strenght that you can muster. It's not the end of life! you still have a beautiful life ahead of you. Do you read saturday punch newspapers? If yes, do u remember the female columnist who is HIV positive, she travells round the world today and is living a happy life even in her state. I encourage you and your hubby to be strong at this period. I wish you the best.
With love!
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by etauso(m): 6:46am On Apr 09, 2009
In the name of Jesus, come and join faith and get healed at the Chirst Embassy Healing School - http://www.christembassyhealingschool.org/
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Taito007(m): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2009
Just have FAITH in God and try as much as possible to use the drugs and be watchful of what to eat and objects you use. Ask many questions from your Doctor and protect your child. Most importantly Pray to God to be your guide and live on these words 'once there is life there is hope'. Let peace reign in your family and remember Magic Johnson is still alive today. cool cool
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by donjon: 8:18am On Apr 09, 2009
My uncle got AIDS and evribody cried!
A year after and he still kicking it like a G.
U gotta take ur meds, thats what!

Just dont kill urself, its a sin.
At least ur unborn baby wont get it.
Why stress urself?

Yer gonna live to d ripe ol age of 115.
Take care!
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by aaconsult: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2009

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help
« #31 on: Yesterday at 03:51:02 PM »

@poster,

HIV is not a death sentence and i will suggest you listen to Kingville and go to the healing school of Christembassy and have pastor Chris pray for you and your husband whenever there is a healing session. You can go to any of the branches if you reside in Lagos or you log to there website @ www.healingschool.org or you go to www.enterthehealingschool.org i can tell you this because i have witnessed great miracles and have seen living testimonies yours is not going to be  different if you have faith.

Note: what they do at the healing school is to motivate the students to expectant and ready to receive their miracles when the man of God comes to pray for them. This means that they help them build their faith and teach them what miracle is all about.I can tell you, if you and your hubby haveand put your  faith to work, your testimony is definitely sure.

God bless you                                                     

I agree completely with the above and with all who have encouraged you. IT IS TIME TO BE BORN AGAIN if you have not already done so. then have faith that God can heal you, while you follow religiously the doctor's prescription.

You both have to make up you mind to enjoy life to the full and help others, then you will not be depressed about your condition. Like someone already mentioned, many years back, malaria was incurable, today there is a cure. It is not the end of the road. Lastly, you and your your husband must not begin to play the BLAME game, it could have come from anyone or both of you. FORGET how and where it came from, s[b]tand by each other at this point in your life and you will both come out victorious. AMEN[/b]
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by sicily4u: 9:02am On Apr 09, 2009
well young woman i just ready your comment now and am so simpatise with and ur husband and i want you to belive me with faith.

i know one man who will cure you and ur husband becos i have witness about two diffrence couple with hiv which the cure

the name of the man is mr baba ogun or Okudo OBA his is Aba in Abia state just contact him today i belive he will do it again my name is Destiny here is my number 07060460795

if yopu enter aba just call me i will take you to his clinic and it should be this week becos after i will travel
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by smooooooth: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2009
hiv is not the end of the world, good and bad things happen to every1 of us, what matters most if our attitude towards them. if you worry and think, that will kill u fater than the disease. there are so many people dying of worry, malnutrition, malaria, accident . than hiv/aids can ever claim. and be cheerful dear cos i strongly belive that hiv/aids will soon get a cure.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by carnal: 9:50am On Apr 09, 2009
I am very very surprise as to how people come here and make bad issues worst for people who are in it.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Rendani(m): 9:54am On Apr 09, 2009
U dont have aids yet, u still hiv positive, if u take ur medication correctly n live healthly it will take decades before u get Aids, i have an aunt who has been infected 25 years ago n dont show any signs of her dying, she is sixty now, everybody else in the family is dying except her, dont take ur life, u might not be hiv positive but u can be hit by a car or gunned down tomorow
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyT(f): 10:07am On Apr 09, 2009
You have everything to live for your BABY. Please start the medication as soon as you can so your baby has less chance of contracting the disease. Its not the end of the world.

Try and be strong and do everything in your power to prevent your unborn baby having HIV.

I know it looks like you have nothing to live for but you.

Im very sorry this has happened to you.

But you can help save others if it was you or your husband sleeping around please tell the people you were sleeping with to go get tested.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by mabelgee(f): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2009
So sorry about the sickness, but please go to The Apostolic Church (aka Obot Uboho) at Ikot Ekpene in Akwa Ibom state or you go to Unug Enang in arochukwu they can heal you or you call me on 08023366513 to direction, all you need is faith, may God deliver you and your family in Jesus Name, Amen.

BELIEVE IN GOD
[color=#770077][/color]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by agbosteve1: 10:49am On Apr 09, 2009
HIV/AID is seen as a stigma, I get annoyed with this representation. Frankly speaking there some situations that are far worst than HIV/AID and people are proud about them, for instance poverty, ignorance and living life without Jesus Christ and all these to me are terminal illness.
I would rather suggest you and your spouse live a life that Jesus reigns in. Be happy about your current situation, don't let your mind and your heart tick a second about it. Make sure your life goes on in happiness with sound mind. Please don't give in to negative advices and eliminate people with such mind set. G O D heals and the part we have to play is to live in his very imple principles that are placed in the B I B L E.

Psa 147:3 Who is giving healing to the broken of heart, And is binding up their griefs.
Psa 73:26  My flesh and my heart faileth but God is the strength of my heart,and my portion forever.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by truphie(f): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2009
BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. Personalize this scripture( and other scriptures) by his stripes I am healed. Isaiah 53:5
also 2nd Corinthians 4:18 "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at that which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I agree with everyone that says you have to be born again, have faith in God, do not look at the things which are seen( HIV status) but that which are not seen. (good health) Because Jesus exchanged all these for you at the cross that you may have perfect eternal life!
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyangeA(f): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2009
Blue Diva im not lying, why are most of you saying im lying cos i said it happened two days ago? , i was shocked that i needed a quick solution that is why i came to nairaland, i couldn't have killed myself of shock, im use to tough situations and the news about Hiv was embarrasing and i shed tears and i still said to myself let me look for solution rather than sitting down crying cos crying would not solve the problem. Anyway i realised there is a mistake in my post i meant to say two weeks not two days ago. Right now im about to go collect the result of the CD4 for them to know the level at which the virus is so that we can start taking treatment, Im even more confident writing to you now not shivering cos of the various contributions u have given here which has uplifted me alot, infact i feel like i have no problem, i feel like any other normal human being.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by ayobase(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2009
What has happened has happened.
No need to question who brought the
disease home or whatever,

Dont even u think of suicide,
make sure u become closer to God
than ever and always yield to
ur doctor`s pieces of advice!
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by marlet01(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ Poster

Hmmmm, such a bad way to start a marriage. But it would have been ok for you and your husband to go for medical check-up before moving to the altar.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Ilelobola: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2009
I've seen a UK TV programme (Terry Gee: Living with HIV) following the life of someone who has HIV. His partner also had HIV and had been tested before he was advised to test. His partner was devasted and cried for days on end, however when he found out he was also infected, he was devasted but was a lot better quicker than his partner, probably because it wasn't just him, they had each other. My point being, the poster might be able to handle it better within 2 days as she is not alone.

@ Poster
If you have the time, you may want to see the programme, sure it must be on "You Tube" etc. From what I saw, taking the drugs religiously gives the same life expectancy as anyone without the virus. And I'm sure with the right medication and attention before and during child birth, your child(ren) should be fine too. I am not recommending any church but being close to God will certainly help, even if it's just in talking to him more often which should help lift the burden + developing relationships with people living with it. It certainly doesn't signify the end of your world though it might feel like it. Miracles do happen and I pray they find a cure for it soon as it might be you today but who knows who's next. Hope to see you on here for many years to come.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by kemisuga(f): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ Poster - I am sure you are now encouraged with the number of advises.

WISH U AND YOUR HUSBAND THE VERY BEST. cool cool cool
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by benteks: 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2009
Well, with God all things are possible if truely what you said is real, all l will say is that, there is hope for you because there is power in the name of Jesus. All l will ask you to do is that you and your husband should give your lives to Christ and accept Him as your Lord and personal Saviour, because He has power to forgive, cleanse and heal, and pray for healing. l believe God that if you this something will happen. There is no need to be afriad for with God all things are possible
l will also use this opportunity to invite you and your husband to the DEEPERLIFE EASTER RETREAT CAPTIONED "WONDERS OF THE CROSS"
There is power in the name of Jesus do it by faith and surely you will get your desired healing just come, locate any of the retreat location and attend and God will do you good in the name of Jesus, for lsrael shall not die but live.

remain blessed
The Preacher
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Terryj(f): 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2009
do you believe in miracles?if you do,God can heal you as far as you repent and have faith in him.Take your drugs and do all the doctor wants you to do to save your unborn child.Console yourself and your husband ,both of you should turn to God.He is God of Possibilities.cheers.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by kg(f): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2009
Stay strong baby and the truth is you are normal, treat HIV like any other sickness or disease, kini big deal!

A popular basketball player has been living with it for years and he is just ok, cool and controlling billion dollar business empire!

Nothing do you, you are better than those living in ignorance who will prefer not to know their status.

Trust God for a miracle, nothing is impossible but don't get desperate!

Meanwhile take your drugs and follow all the good advise you've been given.

I'll suggest you go to MSF a.k.a DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS at Ikoyi, it's an international NGO and they focus on giving free drugs and care to people living with HIV/AIDS. They are good and you need them. You can call me on 08033792673 if you need to contact one of their staff on phone first.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by minto(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2009
Ladyange_A:

Blue Diva im not lying, why are most of you saying im lying cos i said it happened two days ago? , i was shocked that i needed a quick solution that is why i came to nairaland, i couldn't have killed myself of shock, im use to tough situations and the news about Hiv was embarrasing and i shed tears and i still said to myself let me look for solution rather than sitting down crying cos crying would not solve the problem.[b] Anyway i realised there is a mistake in my post i meant to say two weeks not two days ago. Right now im about to go collect the result of the CD4 for them to know the level at which the virus is so that we can start taking treatment, Im even more confident writing to you now not shivering cos of the various contributions u have given here which has uplifted me alot, infact i feel like i have no problem, i feel like any other normal human being.[/b]

The post is a bit more logical now. I guess you're nervous while typing it out hence some mistakes. Just put yourself together, be more confident, do away with shivering and I bet you, there are still some more mistakes to realise. For all I care, there might be mistake in the conduct of the test or in your interpretation of the medical report. As you go for the CD4, keep your fingers crossed; Nairalanders will sure be glad to hear from you that the post in it's entirety is a mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Drowns Her 9-year-old Son For Having A Small Joystick / Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos / 14 Things That Hurt Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.