Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Religion Is Bullshit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Bullshit (1095 Views)

100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham. MUST READ !!!! / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Religion Is A Propaganda Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Bullshit by Ascony(m): 9:57am On Apr 08, 2009
Late George Carlin was a comedian and a great one in his times, when i saw this great video on youtube , i laughed til my jaw went sour. the way he used humour to describel the amazing flaws of organised religion tripped me, be you a believer or non believer, you need to see this video because it explained a lot in a clear and understandable humorous way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=PlayList&p=32632A2A1A3B4F15&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by vanitty: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2009
Pishtosh
I have seen that video before . .
What has the opinion of one person a comedian as that got to do with the prove of religion. I don't find it funny one bit undecided
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by BloodShed1: 10:18am On Apr 08, 2009
''But he loves You cheesy''

LMAO Classic, RIP George
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by Ascony(m): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2009
he loves you and he needs money cheesy cheesy
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by BloodShed1: 10:43am On Apr 08, 2009
''Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.''

LOOL
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by Ascony(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2009
"When it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is bleeped up. Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago." angry
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by BloodShed1: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2009
''I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday -- His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to Bleep that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and Bleep up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the Bleep bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing. ''

So true grin
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by Horus(m): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by Ascony(m): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ blood shed.
Its like u watch that video everyday just like i do. U know u actually got d best parts. I wish our believers will take some time 2 see that wonderful video, maybe they might pick up one or two facts 4rm it
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by manmustwac(m): 12:32am On Apr 09, 2009
vanitty:

Pishtosh
I have seen that video before . .
What has the opinion of one person a comedian as that got to do with the prove of religion. I don't find it funny one bit undecided
Why is it that u don't find it funny is it coz he exposes the truth about religion?
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by vanitty: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2009
manmustwac:

Why is it that u don't find it funny is it coz he exposes the truth about religion?

What truth will that be? undecided
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by BloodShed1: 9:22am On Apr 09, 2009
Ascony:

@ blood shed.
Its like u watch that video everyday just like i do. U know u actually got d best parts. I wish our believers will take some time 2 see that wonderful video, maybe they might pick up one or two facts 4rm it

LOL I watched it religiously (LOL).

But religious people are too delusional so their programming i.e. brainwashing will not allow them to see the validity in what he has to say.

It's a shame really.
Re: Religion Is Bullshit by Horus(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2009
Belief is ignorance. Belief is to ignore the facts, intentionally or ignorantly. If one has to believe, it means he or she does not know, and if one does not know, that is ignorance. Hence, belief is ignorance and religious beliefs without the facts is ignorance;So demand that anyone attempting to impose upon you their religious beliefs to produce the facts. If you look in the midle of the words be[b]lie[/b]ve and be[b]lie[/b]f you will see the word lie. The most deceptive word in religion is the word "believe" or "belief", Because a person can believe anything and this means that a person can believe,and be one hundrend percent wrong.But knowledge is knowing and knowledge is correct information."To know" gives one confidence, but belief infers doubt. Knowledge can be checked out by one or more of three test: Experience, Evidence and Reason. Knowledge is always logical and it reasons out.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Bullshit by manmustwac(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2009
vanitty:

What truth will that be? undecided
You said u don't the video funny, which means it says something about your religion which u don't like. There must be a reason why u don't find the video funny isn't there? Since u can't see the truth that George Carlin exposes about Religion then forget it.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is On The Lord’s Side? / How Can Get Daddy Adeboye Tel. Nø / Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.