Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 (37284 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nice
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by speedyGonzales: 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
ezeagu:

What do you think Jesus was doing when he ascended to the sky? He was off to his next stop at Jupiter nau.

yah! that is an quite a leap of faith, especially since people at the time didn't even conceive in their mind the fact the earth was round...

well, to indulge this weird believe you just formulated...what makes you believe that just because Adam ate the apple from the satanic snake on this planet that it will be the same on all planets?
Also, Jupiter is a giant gas planet, with no oxygen... humans will have trouble surviving there... but it is a good start, this is the internet there is access to a wealth of knowledge to tap into...
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by lastpage: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
lekjons:
7. Pastors saying God(not even backing it up with a Bible verse)told me to tell u, that u must be present in the vigilundecided
8. Announcements on media saying there will be healing, miracle, breakthrough in a particular revival/vigil, and sounding so sure.. as if they'll bring Merlin

i hate those shïts!

Hey bro, that is just the DEFINITION OF "SPIRITUAL SCAM"............ not even secularism! grin grin grin

I hate it too

Lastpage!
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by realtestament(m): 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
lekjons:
7. Pastors saying God(not even backing it up with a Bible verse)told me to tell u, that u must be present in the vigilundecided
8. Announcements on media saying there will be healing, miracle, breakthrough in a particular revival/vigil, and sounding so sure.. as if they'll bring Merlin

i hate those shïts!
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by So4baba(m): 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mubz:
The only reason why 80-90% of Nigerians are Christians is because they are born into the family. Someone suggested you read other books to expand your knowledge, and you start to trade insults at the person. Why don't you think, "God" must have given us a brain for a purpose, use it. Think about this; what if you were born in Syria, or Iran, or India or Shangai? One even went to the extent of saying Muslims, Buddhist, and all wont enter heaven, smh!. Try being logical; Was Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Noah or even Adam christians? I believe the Bible believed in the existence of these righteous beings, but then according to your ignorant self, they won't be going heaven, of course they are not Christians.
So please, just think, read vast, think, read vast, think.. Repeat these and you will be on your way to real salvation

Now wait, I am,not saying being a Christian isn't good, but if you are going to be one, make it justifiable by using God given gift "the brain"

I suppose the issue we have is the name," CHRISTIAN", that ordinarily would translate to someone who attends on Sundays the gathering of people who pray to God using the Name of Christ Jesus and this setting, yes many people are born into, this is the CHURCH and nt CHRISTIANITY.. No one is BORN a CHRISTIAN, it's a decision you make when you decide to bear the cross of Christ and have faith in him accordingly.. And it means to be Christ like, to have the character and behaviour of Christ in all doings..God wld have loved us to be like him and receive leading from him directly just like Moses,, Abraham, David and those prophets of then, yes these people aren't Christians in its definition but they are what we can refer to as God like, cos they receive leading from God himself, behaving like him on earth,, but as it grows difficult for people to believe in what they could nt see nor relate with physically, God sent his son, and He is saying, now dnt try behaving like me cos you cnt see me,, but behave like this person "CHRIST", at least you can see and relate with him, so when you do like him,, you are doing like me, because He is Me.. So it's that simple...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by nwakaibeya1: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_HYeb2Io8 … >4those who HV spiritual eye listen2uterance in video&know its TRUE but U CANT acept truth?
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by ibroauthen(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
AngryNigerian:
To claim that it is not inspired is to reduce it to the level of the Quran...

...dat was not fair! I'm a pragmatic christian,but I don't accept dat one should drive his luck that far...

Appologies to all faithful Muslims in the house

Hmmmm common sense is definitely not common! I want to know if u truly know your bible very well if only you can tell me d meaning of this word CHRIST!
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by So4baba(m): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
ibroauthen:

Hmmmm common sense is definitely not common! I want to know if u truly know your bible very well if only you can tell me d meaning of this word CHRIST!
Christ"christos" means messiah, saviour,Mediator, sin coverer, God's model on earth... I kud go on
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by dubemivan(m): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
I am so sorry Op... that caption is very wrong! ....That should rather read "6 signs of a Secular church" not 6 signs of a secular church in making!
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by LeSulk(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
Thank God most of the world don't reason like this OP. He sounds like a fanatic.If you do a proper objective research you'll find out that most of the stories in Genesis are actually ancient folktales.God is not partial.He created Man to discover Him in his own way.EVERY Religion is unique.
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
This guy makes me laugh. Jesus can not save you. The Bible is just a book which has been seriously and exceedingly used to ridicule the divinity of God. That document can never be attributed to God. Should we start with akk those erotic expressions in songs of solomon we will attribute to God or the ridiculous contradiciotns or even the scientific gaffes. This dude just want to open my mouth.
The bible may contain very little word of God but its not from God. You can never compare the Quran to Bible. The Quran is a revelation directly from God through Angel Jibreel (Gabreil) to prophet Muhammad. No dilution. The Bible contains words of prophets words of historians words of Paul the inventor of Christianity.the Bible has it is has been seriously corrupted than the constitution of a land with weak Parliamentw system. The Qur'an is no match for the Bible. Be clear with that. All jesus crucification are all lies. Some said he was hanged some said he was crucified. The truth is that he was never crucified. It was said in the Qur'an.
Qur'an 4:157-- And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Mark 14:50-- Then all his disciples deserted him and ran away. They were not even there to witness it.

How is jesus your saviour?
Can you provide me a verse or any place in the Bible where jesus said he's your personal lord and savoir?
Even jesus your couldn't save himself. He had to ask the God at the top "why has he forsaken him"
Jesus himself in the Bible said he's a messenger sent by God.
John 17:3-- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Acts 4:27 -- Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.
Acts 4:30--stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus." this pkacevw actually means jesus himself doesn't have the power to perform miracles himself it was God the mighty who does it through jesus.
The Christians had fell into a great calamity of Paul and those that wrote the Bible. Shall I continue or just stop at this juncture
If you're ready to know the truth. You will accpet the truth.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by MrSarcasm(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Nigerians, please read other books other than the bible... reading only the bible is messing up you minds... and learn about other parts of the earth and the universe. you where taught that other planets exist outside this one that we live on, this knowledge does not exist in the Bible, do you believe it or not... if other planets exist then are they humans or animal on them, if so what is God's plan for them, do they get to go to heaven or hell... do they believe in God or/and Jesus. Did Jesus have to go that planet and die for their sins as well...

Come on, guys... think with your heads, don't believe me when I tell you that you are dumb... test it and prove for yourself, if you are indeed dumb...
This dude believes aliens exist, and we're not allowed to believe in God?
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by So4baba(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
This guy makes me laugh. Jesus can not save you. The Bible is just a book which has been seriously and exceedingly used to ridicule the divinity of God. That document can never be attributed to God. Should we start with akk those erotic expressions in songs of solomon we will attribute to God or the ridiculous contradiciotns or even the scientific gaffes. This dude just want to open my mouth.
The bible may contain very little word of God but its not from God. You can never compare the Quran to Bible. The Quran is a revelation directly from God through Angel Jibreel (Gabreil) to prophet Muhammad. No dilution. The Bible contains words of prophets words of historians words of Paul the inventor of Christianity.the Bible has it is has been seriously corrupted than the constitution of a land with weak Parliamentw system. The Qur'an is no match for the Bible. Be clear with that. All jesus crucification are all lies. Some said he was hanged some said he was crucified. The truth is that he was never crucified. It was said in the Qur'an.
Qur'an 4:157-- And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Mark 14:50-- Then all his disciples deserted him and ran away. They were not even there to witness it.

How is jesus your saviour?
Can you provide me a verse or any place in the Bible where jesus said he's your personal lord and savoir?
Even jesus your couldn't save himself. He had to ask the God at the top "why has he forsaken him"
Jesus himself in the Bible said he's a messenger sent by God.
John 17:3-- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Acts 4:27 -- Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.
Acts 4:30--stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus." this pkacevw actually means jesus himself doesn't have the power to perform miracles himself it was God the mighty who does it through jesus.
The Christians had fell into a great calamity of Paul and those that wrote the Bible. Shall I continue or just stop at this juncture
If you're ready to know th
e truth. You will accpet the truth.
Did you say apostle Paul invented Christianity?.. Urghhh,, you are wrong.. It's nt an invention,, Christianity is a submission and acceptance of Christ Jesus as ur Lord and saviour and of course yes,, He saves.. You quoted "mark 14:50" ,and linked it to the crucifixion of Christ Jesus, you wld v done ursef a lot of good if yu HD read the whole passage,, it was talking of the night when Judas led the pharisee to come arrest Jesus, far from the day he was crucified,, pls enlighten ursef about the word,, all ur scriptural quotes are taken out of context and given meaning yu wnt dem to suite which are wrong.. Pls seek knowledge
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Bevista: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Nigerians, please read other books other than the bible... reading only the bible is messing up you minds... and learn about other parts of the earth and the universe. you where taught that other planets exist outside this one that we live on, this knowledge does not exist in the Bible, do you believe it or not... if other planets exist then are they humans or animal on them, if so what is God's plan for them, do they get to go to heaven or hell... do they believe in God or/and Jesus. Did Jesus have to go that planet and die for their sins as well...

Come on, guys... think with your heads, don't believe me when I tell you that you are dumb... test it and prove for yourself, if you are indeed dumb...
May the God of your fathers continue to increase you with Wisdom and Enlightenment.
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
These signs aren't even of a church becoming secular, more like not being a church at all. Those things go directly against biblical teaching so iono which kain church dat would be o grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by markfish10(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
sochima1989:
7. Churches cracking comedy grin
8. Churches inviting circular musicians
9. Churches that fakes miracles to get members sow seeds.
Plsss dont quote me
am out on charity....just pass me your account number since tomorrow is Monday so I can........

Oh! I forgot You said no one should quote you..my mistake
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
holluwai:
This post makes no sense. That sounds like a church of man and not God
did u turn ur fone upside down to read tthis?

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by holluwai(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
I did not

shadowgwalker:
did u turn ur fone upside down to read tthis?
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Kaslino(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
My Roommates in School have sworn never to attend a particular fellowship after the pastor in a special midweek programme said on the pulpit"Pre-Marital Sex is not Sin When You Use Condom". Ever since then,they've turned down every form of invitation from that fellowship. As much as I find it hard to believe,I also know one or two I've decided not to attend. Imagine a fellowship organizing "Rap Battle" and more than half d rappers there are saying "you a small boy, I'll chop u up n**ga, F**k these b*tches...." And all sorts of obscenities. Its crazy to think a "Fellowship" organized that and are still organizing more. I'll rather attend a full "old people populated" church than all these campus "Fellowships".
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by 400billionman: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
Father help us.
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by riczy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
mention one name of church dts nt secular either by meddling in "politics" or in beliefs like "New yam festival" most church goers celebrate it!
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by mikron(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
Pastors that jerry curl their hair
Inviting dmx to come minister in songs in d church
Dancing Michael Jackson dance steps in d church.
Pastors preaching only about prosperity instead of salvation
And d list goes on
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by solonazzy: 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Bonapart:
that's the most annoying... and they will think the saints and Angels are rejoicing with them while they're shouting God win
U'll b surprised wen u hear korede Bello in heaven singing Godwin n u r heading towards d gate of hell....u dats judging dem, has d Bible told u to judge?.... Reminds me of hw religious our nation is n yet so corrupt n devilish..... Wat r dey preaching in churches n mosques..... Only God knows who is serving him..... If u hav never sinned, den u can condemn a church for saying korede Bello come sing for dem...
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Globaby01: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Ok no wahala,

So where do we place RCCG, DLBC, WC, Synagogue Etc
am a member of Wc, and all the 6 sign does not affect us because we believed the word and its our greatest asset and its what keep us going. try any of our five services and see for yourself. stop judging from afar. may God have mercy on you. don't place a curse on yourself and your unborn generation. remember moses sister and brother
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Bonapart(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
solonazzy:

U'll b surprised wen u hear korede Bello in heaven singing Godwin n u r heading towards d gate of hell....u dats judging dem, has d Bible told u to judge?.... Reminds me of hw religious our nation is n yet so corrupt n devilish..... Wat r dey preaching in churches n mosques..... Only God knows who is serving him..... If u hav never sinned, den u can condemn a church for saying korede Bello come sing for dem...
not only kilode abi na koredo: you have no idea about Christianity so no argument for you
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
So4baba:

Did you say apostle Paul invented Christianity?.. Urghhh,, you are wrong.. It's nt an invention,, Christianity is a submission and acceptance of Christ Jesus as ur Lord and saviour and of course yes,, He saves.. You quoted "mark 14:50" ,and linked it to the crucifixion of Christ Jesus, you wld v done ursef a lot of good if yu HD read the whole passage,, it was talking of the night when Judas led the pharisee to come arrest Jesus, far from the day he was crucified,, pls enlighmten ursef about the word,, all ur scriptural quotes are taken out of context and given meaning yu wnt dem to suite which are wrong.. Pls seek knowledge

I dont need to go too far with you on this.
Show me where in the Bible jesus said he is your personal Lord and Savior. That's all I ask. Jesus is a servant of God or a messenger of God you just decided to ignore John 17:3 Acts 4:27 and Acts 4:30 which says jesus is servant of God but you can see mark 14:59. That's the height of hypocrisy of you xtians. Thus the way the Bible has been corrupted. All those craps of son of God Trinity and all that confuses even you the xtians.
You say he's son of God today you say he's God tomorrow. How the hell on earth will there be so mucb confusion in the supposed God's revelation. Those that wrote the Bible didnt even know him personally. Well just provide me with what I ask first. God even said in the Bible that he only is God and no other person shall be God apart from him.

Isaiah 42:8 -- I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Jesus is messenger of God. The Jesus who couldn't save himself from death and he had to call upon the real Lord that why has he forsaken him He could have saved himself that moment if he was truly a saviour. Show me where in the bible Jesus told you to accept him as your personal Lord and saviour.
Dont be deceived. Islam is the way. Jesus is just a messenger of God.
We Muslims believe in Jesus he's our prophet. Not the Jesus in Bible. The Jesus in Bible is a false character which those that wrote about him didn't even know him. You know Jesus was ridiculed in the Bible? I know you don't but I will let you know.
In the Bible logically jesus is going to hell.
When you read Matthew 5:22 and Matthew 23:17

Mathew 5:22- But i tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Then to Matthew 23:17-- You fools and blind men! Which is more important, the gold or the temple that sanctified the gold?

Cool. So now Jesus himself said whoever calls someone a fool shall go to hell well Jesus himself just called a group of people Fools. How about that.??

Hence the reason you need to question the Bible and the so called people that wrote it.

Once again Jesus is never a saviour he is a messenger.
More to come about how jesus and God was ridiculed in the Bible o. But use that as an appetizer first.

Qur'an the light and truth. Accept it

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
holluwai:
I did not
ok, then pls read comprehensively GBAM! I don give u big grammar abi?grin
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
holluwai:
I did not
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by solonazzy: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Bonapart:
not only kilode abi na koredo: you have no idea about Christianity so no argument for you
Yea... Dats hw dey sound....dose deceiving dem selves... Like d pharisees of old....
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by iliyande(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

I dont need to go too far with you on this.
Show me where in the Bible jesus said he is your personal Lord and Savior. That's all I ask. Jesus is a servant of God or a messenger of God you just decided to ignore John 17:3 Acts 4:27 and Acts 4:30 which says jesus is servant of God but you can see mark 14:59. That's the height of hypocrisy of you xtians. Thus the way the Bible has been corrupted. All those craps of son of God Trinity and all that confuses even you the xtians.
You say he's son of God today you say he's God tomorrow. How the hell on earth will there be so mucb confusion in the supposed God's revelation. Those that wrote the Bible didnt even know him personally. Well just provide me with what I ask first. God even said in the Bible that he only is God and no other person shall be God apart from him.

Isaiah 42:8 -- I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Jesus is messenger of God. The Jesus who couldn't save himself from death and he had to call upon the real Lord that why has he forsaken him He could have saved himself that moment if he was truly a saviour. Show me where in the bible Jesus told you to accept him as your personal Lord and saviour.
Dont be deceived. Islam is the way. Jesus is just a messenger of God.
We Muslims believe in Jesus he's our prophet. Not the Jesus in Bible. The Jesus in Bible is a false character which those that wrote about him didn't even know about him.

Muslims Very funny religion that concern more about others religion than their mohammed the king of Jihad/takiya
Re: 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 by holluwai(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
E big for your eye abi? undecided

shadowgwalker:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here / Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.