Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Like Father Like Son: Budgetary Misappropriation During Jonathan's Administrati - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Father Like Son: Budgetary Misappropriation During Jonathan's Administrati (2243 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari / $12billion Taken Out Of Nigeria During Jonathan's Regime – EFCC Boss, Lamorde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Like Father Like Son: Budgetary Misappropriation During Jonathan's Administrati by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Ymodulus:
[size=18pt]Like Father Like Son: Budgetary Misappropriation During Jonathan's Administration[/size]

No other qoute but that of John Quincy Adams would best describe who a leader is. In his words he said and I quote " If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." While his qoute described a leader it failed to identify on which path of the divide such a leader belongs too (I.e either Good or Bad ).

While going through the past budgetary allocations in a bid to identify the budgetary allocation on security over the years, I couldn't help but deviate from the main aim of my search to notice some funny budgetary allocations made during the Jonathan's administration. Many misappropriation noticed but a few will be listed below as they make a complete mockery of we all as Nigerians.

Some funny budgetary allocations, note the list is limited but not exhaustive:

Federal Republic of Nigeria ( Good luck Jonathan )

1. 34.5 Million Naira was budgeted to Import 2 Wild Animals. Further going through the budget, 14.5Million was budgeted for feeding each of the two wild life animals to be imported. This goes to say mathematically 1.2million is budgeted per animal for feeding per month. Please can someone remind me on the Minimum Wage fee? I seem to have forgotten. Fellow Nigerians wouldn't you want to be an animal too in the Zoo?
2. 5.85 Million Budgeted for fueling the Generator of the Nigerian embassy in the United State. [ it will interest you to know that the country we talk of hardly have a power failure ].
3. N2.381million was budgeted as Ship Maintenance for the Nigerian Embassy in Mali. It will interest you to know that the said country ' Mali' is landlocked and as such there is no need for ships.
This begs the question does ship now move on land? Only Goodluck Jonathan can answer this.

4. N1.2 billion to be spent on food stuffs and kitchen items [ Fellow Nigerians what kind of foodstuff or kitchen item will gulp such amount for a year?].

Just like John Quincy said your actions will motivate you others to follow as a leader, it will interest you to note that some governors under Jonathan's administration also towed his part, below are few listed:

Plateau State ( Under Jonah Jang )

On the eve of 25th September 2014, With barely six months to the end of the Jonah Jang's Administration, the Plateau State Governor sent a supplementary budget of N23.4bn to the state House of Assembly for approval. While sending a supplementary budget is not against the Constitutional guidelines it will interest you too see some elemental breakdown of this bill.
1. Curtains and Cutleries @ N442, 289, 600.00.
2. 1pcs Toyota Land Cruiser @ N25, 625, 675. 68
3. 1pcs Toyota Corolla @ N7, 545, 398, 68
4. Office equipments / Stationeries at internal Revenue @ N13 Billion

Delta State (Under Uduaghan Emmanuel )

1. In 2011 Emmanuel Uduaghan the then Governor of delta state, Sent a supplementary bill asking the delta state House of assembly to approve the sum of N7.4 Billion to be spent on clearing sand, grasses and removal of slumps , heaps and hedge at the Asaba Airport.

Please where are the Cost Engineers? Quantity Surveyor and Construction financial experts to elaborate on how 7.4Billion naira can be used for such.

The unparalleled display , exhibition and exemplary tutology in act of concocting budgets during the Jonathan administration is another reason why we should be thankful for this wind of change that has embraced us all.

Even if the devil existed he would have joined us in jubilating that a change has come.

I am more than happy that a new captain is in town, patrol has changed gear and next year we look forward to a more decent, slim budget one free of scandals, lies and daylight robbery. One which we can look at and hit our chest boastfully to say we are Nigerians and we are proud to be called Nigerians and not one in which an Animal is more dignified to a beign.

By Ymodulus

Cc: ibnsultan , beremx , ahmed4002 , omenka , obiagelli ,
Reference: http://www.punchng.com/news/plateau-budgets-n442m-for-plates-spoons/
http://www.punchng.com/news/villa-zoo-jonathan-budgets-millions-of-naira-for-animals/
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152073-authority-stealing-jonathan-budgets-millions-non-existing-aircraft-boats-foreign-embassies.html
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42639-jonathan-sambo-to-spend-n4bn-on-food-travels-in-2015?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5982780782

http://stephendieseruvwe.com/2012/06/11/asaba-airport-let-the-truth-be-told-by-eddy-aghanenu/

Nice Article.

Please enlighten us on how Argberascal chop 9 months salary of the poor masses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Yoruba Men Attracted To Raping Babies. / We Don't Need Niger Deltans In Biafra / "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.