Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions (2130 Views)

Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. / FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 989900: 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
1miccza:

Absolutely spot on!!bro the problem that i see here is that even if we try to ban we make no move to increase production,the last govt tried a bit in agriculture a bit but so far we haven't seen any.. These Governors are the same people that would plot against the C in C if he doesn't dance to their tune irrespective of party affiliation. That is the sorry state that we have found ourselves.. It's a pity. We politicize virtually everything..

It's really a pity.

BTW, increase in local production is the need-to-do; not necessarily bans.

'Most' imports are due to lack of enough local production.

Then the goverment needs to work on education/propaganda (whichever works) of the need to purchase our own.

For example, why buy imported-carcinogenic-chemicals-preserved-frozen chicken/turkey in lieu of fresh ones from our own farms?
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
mikolo80:
if you go through some previous quotes about 2 weeks back you'll see a debate I had about this.
economics trumps politics everyday
everyone worship at the altar of money

Well the truth is the reverse is the case in Nigeria,Politics trumps Economics that's why we are backwards...
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
989900:

It's really a pity.

BTW, increase in local production is the need-to-do; not necessarily bans.

'Most' imports are due to lack of enough local production.

Then the goverment needs to work on education/propaganda (whichever works) of the need to purchase our own.

For example, why buy imported-carcinogenic-chemicals-preserved-frozen chicken/turkey in lieu of fresh ones from our own farms?

Now you understand where i'm coming from,we need to make our own work as fast as possible and even others would abandon theirs for ours but our leaders have their brains elsewhere...
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by mikolo80: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
1miccza:

Well the truth is the reverse is the case in Nigeria,Politics trumps Economics that's why we are backwards...
not if we have a leader with the gumption to follow through his vision
my fear is buhari has no vision Just gumption
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
mikolo80:
not if we have a leader with the gumption to follow through his vision
my fear is buhari has no vision Just gumption

Now you have completely spoken my mind!! God would help us!!
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by mikolo80: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
1miccza:

Now you have completely spoken my mind!! God would help us!!
well at least pdp is out.
and Jonadisaster
hopefully his ministers and agency heads Will compete among themselves for his favor/future office
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
mikolo80:
well at least pdp is out.
and Jonadisaster
hopefully his ministers and agency heads Will compete among themselves for his favor/future office

The truth is i have to say this irrespective of who gets angry that there just isn't any difference between now and then that's just it...
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by mikolo80: 12:30am On Sep 14, 2015
1miccza:

The truth is i have to say this irrespective of who gets angry that there just isn't any difference between now and then that's just it...
yes these is
Jonathan is gone forever
pdp is gone for 4 years hopefully more
competition is what will force service out of politicians
democracy is a very slow system of govt
but it's steady as long as there is enough 'supply 'to meet the 'demand '
hopefully baba gives us at least 5 GW
next president apc pdp or New pdp is forced to up their game
there's no going back, only forward however slow
better than the gear 5 reverse free fall that pdp was taking us

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 2:07am On Sep 14, 2015
mikolo80:
yes these is
Jonathan is gone forever
pdp is gone for 4 years hopefully more
competition is what will force service out of politicians
democracy is a very slow system of govt
but it's steady as long as there is enough 'supply 'to meet the 'demand '
hopefully baba gives us at least 5 GW
next president apc pdp or New pdp is forced to up their game
there's no going back, only forward however slow
better than the gear 5 reverse free fall that pdp was taking us

Now i understand and that's continuity picking up from where your predecessor left right? Isn't that what you meant?
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by mikolo80: 2:27am On Sep 14, 2015
1miccza:

Now i understand and that's continuity picking up from where your predecessor left right? Isn't that what you meant?
precisely, Just hope he comes this corruption wild goose chase,
it will come to naught without dictatorship fiat
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by 1miccza: 5:31am On Sep 14, 2015
mikolo80:
precisely, Just hope he comes this corruption wild goose chase,
it will come to naught without dictatorship fiat

I am afraid he might not do much there
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by mikolo80: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
1miccza:

I am afraid he might not do much there
personally I'd give amnesty to anybody that brings his loot back into Nigeria's economy.
imagine 3~400bn dollars invested directly or indirectly through banks in agric manufacturing housing transport hospitals schools in one fell swoop
Re: Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions by adconline(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Until you understand how JP Morgan in Naija financial existence.. It manages NNPC account which Fed minister and CBN are not signatories to. It also manages most of our foreign reserves.. We didn't elect Buhari to kick common economic sense to the gutters.. All those wishes can exist in tandem with JP Morgan Chase Index. It's like saying that Fitch and S&P ratings don't matter!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity Made This Oyinbo Woman Bend / Igbos Need Accommodation Not Biafra – Nwodo / FAAC Table: The Sharing Of N691bn To FG, States, Lgcs In July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.