Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber (1806 Views)

A Friendly Advice To All Atheists / Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 2:16am On Sep 14, 2019
The genitourinary system present in the body of a male human being consists of the following ;
1. a pair of kidney,
2. a pair of ureter,
3. urinary bladder,
4. internal and external sphincter,
5. urethra,
6. vas deferens,
7. ejaculatory duct and
8. semen producing apparatus (testes and the accessory glands).

The pair of kidney (which can be likened to two pumping machines) filter the waste from our blood and send it through a pair of long inlet pipes called ureters into a storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder) which has two taps at its inferior end. These two taps are called the internal and external sphincter. Another long outlet pipe (called the urethra) now runs from the inferior end of the bladder to the tip of the penis. It is through this outlet pipe that the urine exits the body.

Again, there is another pipe called the ejaculatory duct which enable another storage tube (i:e the vas deferens that contains the semen produced in the testes and the accessory glands) to link with the same urethra that carries the urine coming from the urinary bladder.

During the period of ejaculation, one of the two taps ( i:e the internal sphincter) at the inferior end of the urinary bladder is involuntarily closed. Therefore, despite the fact that urine and the semen flow out of the body through the same pipe (the urethra) that runs through the length of the penis, they do not mixed together; the semen cannot flow backward into the urinary bladder . This is because of the first tap (i:e the internal sphincter) which normally close during the time of ejaculation and this act of closure is not under our control.

But the second tap (i:e the external sphincter) which can be open and close under our control enable us to urinate at any time we feel the need to do so.

See the plumbing system installed in the human body:

The pumping machines (the two kidneys), the storage tank (the urinary bladder), the storage tube ( the vas deferens), the two taps ( the internal and external sphincters at the inferior end of the urinary bladder) and the four connecting pipes ( the two ureters, the urethra and the ejaculatory duct).

Yet some people have the mouth to proclaim as follows :
"there is no any sufficient evidence to prove the existence of God and all the interdependent systems in human body were gradually brought into existence by evolutionary process of chance (DNA mutations) accumulated slowly over millions of years"

But just take a look at how the pipe (i:e the ejaculatory duct) conveying the semen linked perfectly with the main outlet pipe ( i:e the urethral) carrying the urine . Yet the semen and the urine do not mixed together because of the two taps ( i:e the internal and the external sphincters) located exactly at the inferior end of the storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder).

How many processes of chance (DNA mutations) do you think would be needed to form those "two pipes ( i:e the ejaculatory duct and the urethral ) and to establish that perfect linkage between them ?

Again, how many processes of chance ( DNA mutations) do you think would be required before the "storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder)" can be made together with its inlet and outlet pipes ( i:e the ureters and the urethra) and before the "two taps( i:e the internal and external sphincter)" can be formed at their functional location ?

If DNA mutations are mostly destructive and rarely beneficial as agreed by all scientists, then if a very few number of beneficial mutations are opportune to be directed toward the construction of this genitourinary system, then very great number of destructive mutations must have directed toward the destruction of one or more of the other interdependent systems ( such as respiratory system cardiovascular system, nervous system, digestive system, etc) that make up a single human body.
This will automatically lead to the death of such a mutating species which is yet to become a full human being.

Therefore, it is completely illogical to believe that genitourinary system and all other complex systems present in a single human body were formed gradually by evolutionary process of chance (DNA mutations) accumulated slowly over millions of years. Co- existence of a very few beneficial mutations and many destructive mutations in a single body will never allow an evolutionary process of chance to perform such a miracle.

If the plumbing systems installed in our buildings cannot be created by gradual process of chance over millions of years but through deliberate planning in the mind of a human plumber, then the plumbing system installed in human body must also have been created by deliberate planning in the mind of a supernatural plumber which many people depicted as God .

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by JeromeBlack: 2:41am On Sep 14, 2019
This same plumber argument was used to point out that someone must have been behind the rain and thunder. This was until we understood the water cycle.

5 Likes

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by kachi19: 5:31am On Sep 14, 2019
JeromeBlack:
This same plumber argument was used to point out that someone must have been behind the rain and thunder. This was until we understood the water cycle.

you sound like it's a random phenomenon :/
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2019
JeromeBlack:

This is not the issue of the gaps in scientific knowledge being used as evidence for God. It is a matter of logical comparison ; if physical law of nature or process of chance can never be used to explain the existence of a plumbing system installed in a building, then physical law of nature or process of chance can never also be used to explain the existence of a plumbing system installed in a body of human being.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by JeromeBlack: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

This is not the issue of the gaps in scientific knowledge being used as evidence for God. It is a matter of logical comparison ; if physical law of nature or process of chance can never be used to explain the existence of a plumbing system installed in a building, then physical law of nature or process of chance can never also be used to explain the existence of a plumbing system installed in a body of human being.

A human being is organic. Very different from an inorganic building

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
The genitourinary system present in the body of a male human being consists of the following ;
1. a pair of kidney,
2. a pair of ureter,
3. urinary bladder,
5. urethra,
6. vas deferens,
7. ejaculatory duct and

The pair of kidney (which can be likened to two pumping machines) filter the waste from our blood and send it through a pair of long inlet pipes called ureters into a storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder) which has two taps at its inferior end. These two taps are called the internal and external sphincter. Another long outlet pipe (called the urethra) now runs from the inferior end of the bladder to the tip of the penis. It is through this outlet pipe that the urine exits the body.

Again, there is another pipe called the ejaculatory duct which enable another storage tube (i:e the vas deferens that contains the semen produced in the testes and the accessory glands) to link with the same urethra that carries the urine coming from the urinary bladder.

During the period of ejaculation, one of the two taps ( i:e the internal sphincter) at the inferior end of the urinary bladder is involuntarily closed. Therefore, despite the fact that urine and the semen flow out of the body through the same pipe (the urethra) that runs through the length of the penis, they do not mixed together; the semen cannot flow backward into the urinary bladder . This is because of the first tap (i:e the internal sphincter) which normally close during the time of ejaculation and this act of closure is not under our control.

But the second tap (i:e the external sphincter) which can be open and close under our control enable us to urinate at any time we feel the need to do so.

The pumping machines (the two kidneys), the storage tank (the urinary bladder), the storage tube ( the vas deferens), the two taps ( the internal and external sphincters at the inferior end of the urinary bladder) and the four connecting pipes ( the two ureters, the urethra and the ejaculatory duct).

"there is no any sufficient evidence to prove the existence of God and all the interdependent systems in human body were gradually brought into existence by evolutionary process of chance (DNA mutations) accumulated slowly over millions of years"

But just take a look at how the pipe (i:e the ejaculatory duct) conveying the semen linked perfectly with the main outlet pipe ( i:e the urethral) carrying the urine . Yet the semen and the urine do not mixed together because of the two taps ( i:e the internal and the external sphincters) located exactly at the inferior end of the storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder).

How many processes of chance (DNA mutations) do you think would be needed to form those "two pipes ( i:e the ejaculatory duct and the urethral ) and to establish that perfect linkage between them ?

Again, how many processes of chance ( DNA mutations) do you think would be required before the "storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder)" can be made together with its inlet and outlet pipes ( i:e the ureters and the urethra) and before the "two taps( i:e the internal and external sphincter)" can be formed at their functional location ?

If DNA mutations are mostly destructive and rarely beneficial as agreed by all scientists, then if a very few number of beneficial mutations are opportune to be directed toward the construction of this genitourinary system, then very great number of destructive mutations must have directed toward the destruction of one or more of the other interdependent systems ( such as respiratory system cardiovascular system, nervous system, digestive system, etc) that make up a single human body.
This will automatically lead to the death of such a mutating species which is yet to become a full human being.

Therefore, it is completely illogical to believe that genitourinary system and all other complex systems present in a single human body were formed gradually by evolutionary process of chance (DNA mutations) accumulated slowly over millions of years. Co- existence of a very few beneficial mutations and many destructive mutations in a single body will never allow an evolutionary process of chance to perform such a miracle.

If the plumbing systems installed in our buildings cannot be created by gradual process of chance over millions of years but through deliberate planning in the mind of a human plumber, then the plumbing system installed in human body must also have been created by deliberate planning in the mind of a supernatural plumber which many people depicted as God .

Do you understand the premise of evolutionary theory? That the more complex forms you see now arose from simpler ones? A theory that is backed up by the available evidence? Why would we believe in a supernatural plumber over the available evidence?

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2019
Also you have to be suspicious of an almighty plumber who designed a body with 2 kidneys and one heart. If the almighty plumber was so concerned with redundancy for the purpose of staving off failure of an organ, why don't we get 2 hearts then?

7 Likes

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by tintingz(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
LordReed:
Also you have to be suspicious of an almighty plumber who designed a body with 2 kidneys and one heart. If the almighty plumber was so concerned with redundancy for the purpose of staving off failure of an organ, why don't we get 2 hearts then?

grin grin
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
JeromeBlack:

A human being is organic. Very different from an inorganic building

You could have made a very good point if
the physical composition of organic human being was not originally part of inorganic substances in the past.
There is no any theological difference between the two plumbing systems because their ultimate origin are inorganic substances. Therefore, if the existence of one require an intelligent and conscious maker, then the existence of the other also require an intelligent and conscious creator
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
LordReed:

Do you understand the premise of evolutionary theory? That the more complex forms you see now arose from simpler ones? A theory that is backed up by the available evidence? Why would we believe in a supernatural plumber over the available evidence?

Since the offsprings of most animal species developed from the fertilization of the two sex cells ( i:e the sperm cell and the egg cell), then the only way through which a complex animal species can be evolved from simpler ones is by changing of DNA information in the nuclei of the two sex cells

But what can actually causes a DNA information in the nucleus of a cell to change ?

There are only two options ; it is either by a process of chance ( genetic mutations) or by intelligent intervention.

But If you think there is third option through which DNA information can undergo a change, then bring it to light.

Unfortunately, most genetic mutations are harmful rather than beneficial. Therefore, a mutating lower animal species transforming itself into higher one would have meet its destruction by great number of harmful mutations before the very few beneficial ones can be put in place . For this very reason, evolution is impossible.

Therefore, increasing complexity from simple life forms to higher life forms can be best explained by a concept of "common design" rather than "common descent" just like increasing complexity from simple vehicle (like bicycle) to higher vehicles (like aeroplane) is by common design and not by common descent.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
LordReed:

It is not only heart that is single. Liver, pancrea and spleen are also single. So the absolute reason why God decided to make some organ to be dual and some others to be single is best known to him. But the very fact that all the systems in human body are INTERDEPENDENT with each other prove that they cannot be evolved gradually over millions of years
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Since the offsprings of most animal species developed from the fertilization of the two sex cells ( i:e the sperm cell and the egg cell), then the only way through which a complex animal species can be evolved from simpler ones is by changing of DNA information in the nuclei of the two sex cells

But what can actually causes a DNA information in the nucleus of a cell to change ?

There are only two options ; it is either by a process of chance ( genetic mutations) or by intelligent intervention.

But If you think there is third option through which DNA information can undergo a change, then bring it to light.

Unfortunately, most genetic mutations are harmful rather than beneficial. Therefore, a mutating lower animal species transforming itself into higher one would have meet its destruction by great number of harmful mutations before the very few beneficial ones can be put in place . For this very reason, evolution is impossible.

Therefore, increasing complexity from simple life forms to higher life forms can be best explained by a concept of "common design" rather than "common descent" just like increasing complexity from simple vehicle (like bicycle) to higher vehicles (like aeroplane) is by common design and not by common descent.

You have a fictional understanding of what mutation is. I would urge you read up on mutation and stop using a fictional definition of the word.

2 Likes

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
LordReed:

You have a fictional understanding of what mutation is. I would urge you read up on mutation and stop using a fictional definition of the word.
What is written below was extracted from Wikipedia. Read it yourself

Mutations result from errors during DNA replication (especially during meiosis) or other types of damage to DNA (such as may be caused by exposure to radiation or carcinogens), which then may undergo error-prone repair (especially microhomology-mediated end joining[2]), or cause an error during other forms of repair,[3][4] or else may cause an error during replication (translesion synthesis). Mutations may also result from insertion or deletion of segments of DNA due to mobile genetic elements.[5][6][7] Mutations may or may not produce discernible changes in the observable characteristics (phenotype) of an organism. Mutations play a part in both normal and abnormal biological processes including: evolution, cancer, and the development of the immune system, including junctional diversity.

The genomes of RNA viruses are based on RNA rather than DNA. The RNA viral genome can be double-stranded (as in DNA) or single-stranded. In some of these viruses (such as the single-stranded human immunodeficiency virus) replication occurs quickly and there are no mechanisms to check the genome for accuracy. This error-prone process often results in mutations.

Mutation can result in many different types of change in sequences. Mutations in genes can either have no effect, alter the product of a gene, or prevent the gene from functioning properly or completely. Mutations can also occur in nongenic regions. One study on genetic variations between different species of Drosophila suggests that, if a mutation changes a protein produced by a gene, the result is likely to be harmful, with an estimated 70 percent of amino acid polymorphisms that have damaging effects, and the remainder being either neutral or marginally beneficial. Due to the damaging effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to prevent or correct mutations by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

It is not only heart that is single. Liver, pancrea and spleen are also single. So the absolute reason why God decided to make some organ to be dual and some others to be single is best known to him. But the very fact that all the systems in human body are INTERDEPENDENT with each other prove that they cannot be evolved gradually over millions of years

Interdependence doesn't prove they didn't evolve. You obviously don't understand the evolutionary theory.

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 12:04am On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

What is written below was extracted from Wikipedia. Read it yourself

Mutations result from errors during DNA replication (especially during meiosis) or other types of damage to DNA (such as may be caused by exposure to radiation or carcinogens), which then may undergo error-prone repair (especially microhomology-mediated end joining[2]), or cause an error during other forms of repair,[3][4] or else may cause an error during replication (translesion synthesis). Mutations may also result from insertion or deletion of segments of DNA due to mobile genetic elements.[5][6][7] Mutations may or may not produce discernible changes in the observable characteristics (phenotype) of an organism. Mutations play a part in both normal and abnormal biological processes including: evolution, cancer, and the development of the immune system, including junctional diversity.

The genomes of RNA viruses are based on RNA rather than DNA. The RNA viral genome can be double-stranded (as in DNA) or single-stranded. In some of these viruses (such as the single-stranded human immunodeficiency virus) replication occurs quickly and there are no mechanisms to check the genome for accuracy. This error-prone process often results in mutations.

Mutation can result in many different types of change in sequences. Mutations in genes can either have no effect, alter the product of a gene, or prevent the gene from functioning properly or completely. Mutations can also occur in nongenic regions. One study on genetic variations between different species of Drosophila suggests that, if a mutation changes a protein produced by a gene, the result is likely to be harmful, with an estimated 70 percent of amino acid polymorphisms that have damaging effects, and the remainder being either neutral or marginally beneficial. Due to the damaging effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to prevent or correct mutations by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state.

Immediately below what you quote is this:

Beneficial mutations
Although mutations that cause changes in protein sequences can be harmful to an organism, on occasions the effect may be positive in a given environment. In this case, the mutation may enable the mutant organism to withstand particular environmental stresses better than wild-type organisms, or reproduce more quickly. In these cases a mutation will tend to become more common in a population through natural selection.

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 3:43am On Sep 15, 2019
LordReed:

Interdependence doesn't prove they didn't evolve. You obviously don't understand the evolutionary theory.

Interdependent systems are the systems that
are physiologically and anatomically linked together. For example, respiratory system is useless if there is no circulatory system to distribute the oxygenated blood through out the body. But both the circulatory and respiratory system is useless if there is no digestive system which would provide the necessary nutrients and then the required energy to maintain the activities of the two systems. Again these three systems require an excretory system through which the waste produced by their cells will exit the body. But these four systems also require to be controlled by the central nervous system. Again reproductive system must not be absent if all these systems were to continue to exist from generation to generation. But maturation of reproductive system also require the activities of the hormonal system. But what do you think is going to happen if the immune system is absent to protect all these systems from being attack by microbes.
See how one system require the existence of others. Now imagine all these systems to be coming into existence one after the other by gradual evolution over millions of years.

2 Likes

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 3:56am On Sep 15, 2019
LordReed:

Immediately below what you quote is this:

Beneficial mutations
Although mutations that cause changes in protein sequences can be harmful to an organism, on occasions the effect may be positive in a given environment. In this case, the mutation may enable the mutant organism to withstand particular environmental stresses better than wild-type organisms, or reproduce more quickly. In these cases a mutation will tend to become more common in a population through natural selection.
If mutations are only OCCASIONALLY positive in a given environment as you quoted above, then this implies that most of the mutations are harmful. Now does a process that is MOSTLY HARMFUL can be responsible for the creation of all the viable systems present in our body and in all living organisms ever existed on earth ?
Wikipedia submits as follows;

"Due to the damaging effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to prevent or correct mutations by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state."

If mutations was really the process through which DNA information can undergo a change to create millions of different species of living organisms, then DNA repair would never be evolved to reverse the effect of mutations.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by hakeem4(m): 4:16am On Sep 15, 2019
Lordreed stop arguing with these believers!!!!!!!!
These people don’t know anything

How will you be arguing with this abdulgaffar22, this person that doesn’t read any other book apart from his Quran. See what he’s saying about natural selection

2 Likes

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Dantedasz(m): 6:09am On Sep 15, 2019
hakeem4:

How will you be arguing with this abdulgaffar22, this person that doesn’t read any other book apart from his Quran. See what he’s saying about natural selection

Don't call them BELIEVERS, call them what they are which is RELIGIONISTS. cheesy
Rabid RELIGIONISTS!!! grin

Talk to ten religionists about a topic and you are bound to get ten different answers depending on the cult each particular religionist belongs to. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Dantedasz(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2019
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2019
hakeem4:

What did I say about natural selection that is wrong ?
Do you have any natural process through which DNA information can undergo a change other than mutations ?
Then am I wrong by saying most mutations are harmful and rarely beneficial ?

Do you think I forget how you later ran away when I asked you to give me a logical reason why robbery is not personally good for me ?
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by orisa37: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2019
This is Free Mason. The Faith is Good and is Everything. Atheism is a Scheme to disarm, dispossess and delimit God of Everything. Atheism is borne out of fear of Wisdom and of common Understanding. Atheism is a Belief that can never be acknowledged. Atheism is commonly regarded as insane status.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by hakeem4(m): 8:23am On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

What did I say about natural selection that is wrong ?
Do you have any natural process through which DNA information can undergo a change other than mutations ?
Then am I wrong by saying most mutations are harmful and rarely beneficial ?

Do you think I forget how you later ran away when I asked you to give me a logical reason why robbery is not personally good for me ?

everything you say about evolution by natural selection is wrong.

Are mutations are also changes and that’s how NS operates

To be honest I don’t know why it is not personally bad for you but I know it is bad for the society
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2019
hakeem4:
everything you say about evolution by natural selection is wrong.

Quote a single statement from me that is wrong about evolution.

hakeem4:

Are mutations are also changes and that’s how NS operates

Review your statement. It seems to make no sense.
hakeem4:

To be honest I don’t know why it is not personally bad for you but I know it is bad for the society
I am enjoying the money I realized from my robbery. I am less concerned about the harm received by the society. So why is robbery not logically good for me ? Why is it bad for me ? Your world view has no answer for this question.
This is exactly the reason why atheism is not a true world view. Of course it does not make any sense if a great robber managed to scot free in this world and yet receives no justice nor feel any regret after death for all the atrocities he perpetrated. Or does it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5fOsgrAJiU
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

If mutations are only OCCASIONALLY positive in a given environment as you quoted above, then this implies that most of the mutations are harmful. Now does a process that is MOSTLY HARMFUL can be responsible for the creation of all the viable systems present in our body and in all living organisms ever existed on earth ?
Wikipedia submits as follows;

"Due to the damaging effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to prevent or correct mutations by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state."

If mutations was really the process through which DNA information can undergo a change to create millions of different species of living organisms, then DNA repair would never be evolved to reverse the effect of mutations.

That is like saying because you need to roll a 20 on a 20sided die for specific action in game therefore the game is impossible. As long as the chance exists given enough time it will occur. You seem to ignore time element in this. These changes are not occurring in one or two generations they are occurring over several generations amounting to millions of years. You are down stream of these changes and looking baffled at all the data. Your incredulity not proof of a god only proof your are unconvinced by what you are seeing.

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Interdependent systems are the systems that
are physiologically and anatomically linked together. For example, respiratory system is useless if there is no circulatory system to distribute the oxygenated blood through out the body. But both the circulatory and respiratory system is useless if there is no digestive system which would provide the necessary nutrients and then the required energy to maintain the activities of the two systems. Again these three systems require an excretory system through which the waste produced by their cells will exit the body. But these four systems also require to be controlled by the central nervous system. Again reproductive system must not be absent if all these systems were to continue to exist from generation to generation. But maturation of reproductive system also require the activities of the hormonal system. But what do you think is going to happen if the immune system is absent to protect all these systems from being attack by microbes.
See how one system require the existence of others. Now imagine all these systems to be coming into existence one after the other by gradual evolution over millions of years.

You are talking about a process that took millions of years to come to the state in which you see it now. The systems did not all develop at the same time and there is no reason to believe otherwise. And again simple to more complex, go look at the development of the eye from mere light sensitive cells to the lens system they are now, you'll see how systems develop and acquire interdependence.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2019
hakeem4:

I can't help but be stirred by misinformation and misunderstanding.

1 Like

Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
LordReed:

You are talking about a process that took millions of years to come to the state in which you see it now. The systems did not all develop at the same time and there is no reason to believe otherwise. And again simple to more complex, go look at the development of the eye from mere light sensitive cells to the lens system they are now, you'll see how systems develop and acquire interdependence.

We are talking about interdependence that exist between the DIFFERENT systems that make up a body and you're talking about interdependence between different parts of the SAME system. Don't you see that the two cases are not similar.
Complete absence of one of the interdependent systems ( like respiratory system) lead to instant death. But complete absence of one of the interdependent parts (like eye lens) of the same system may not lead to instant death but malfunctioning of the affected system.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by Abdulgaffar22: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
LordReed:

That is like saying because you need to roll a 20 on a 20sided die for specific action in game therefore the game is impossible. As long as the CHANCE exists given enough time it will occur. You seem to ignore time element in this. These changes are not occurring in one or two generations they are occurring over several generations amounting to millions of years. You are down stream of these changes and looking baffled at all the data. Your incredulity not proof of a god only proof your are unconvinced by what you are seeing.

I don't want to say you find it difficult to understand simple English. But let me quote Wikipedia again

"Due to DAMAGING effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to PREVENT or CORRECT MUTATIONS by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state".

If there is a mechanism already put in place to prevent or correct the "spelling mistakes" generated during the copying of information written on a single sheet of paper, then can such spelling mistakes still accumulate enough by CHANCE to turn that single sheet of paper (bacteria) to a very big text book (human being) that make sense to those who read it ?

Even if we assume that (despite the mechanism put in place to correct them) such "spelling mistakes" still managed to accumulate for millions of years to turn that single sheet of paper into a textbook, can such a textbook ( full of long time accumulated spelling mistakes) make sense to those who would be reading it ?

In other words, can a VIABLE human being consisting of twelve different systems results from millions of years accumulated DNA ERRORS in the nucleus of a bacteria especially when we put the DAMAGING effects of such DNA errors into consideration ?
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by dada01(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
1. a pair of kidney,
2. a pair of ureter,
3. urinary bladder,
5. urethra,
6. vas deferens,
7. ejaculatory duct and

Good one bro, there just have to be a God yeah?

But who is that God? Why don't you just go ahead and mention his name! So a new chain of argument can evolve
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

I don't want to say you find it difficult to understand simple English. But let me quote Wikipedia again

"Due to DAMAGING effects that mutations can have on genes, organisms have mechanisms such as DNA repair to PREVENT or CORRECT MUTATIONS by reverting the mutated sequence back to its original state".

If there is a mechanism already put in place to prevent or correct the "spelling mistakes" generated during the copying of information written on a single sheet of paper, then can such spelling mistakes still accumulate enough by CHANCE to turn that single sheet of paper (bacteria) to a very big text book (human being) that make sense to those who read it ?

Even if we assume that (despite the mechanism put in place to correct them) such "spelling mistakes" still managed to accumulate for millions of years to turn that single sheet of paper into a textbook, can such a textbook ( full of long time accumulated spelling mistakes) make sense to those who would be reading it ?

In other words, can a VIABLE human being consisting of twelve different systems results from millions of years accumulated DNA ERRORS in the nucleus of a bacteria especially when we put the DAMAGING effects of such DNA errors into consideration ?

It is you who has the difficulty here when it was clearly stated that there are beneficial mutations. You are sticking with this your fictional view mutation as a thing that is bad that you can't even assimilate something that you are looking at with your own 2 eyes.

This is getting boring.
Re: Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

We are talking about interdependence that exist between the DIFFERENT systems that make up a body and you're talking about interdependence between different parts of the SAME system. Don't you see that the two cases are not similar.
Complete absence of one of the interdependent systems ( like respiratory system) lead to instant death. But complete absence of one of the interdependent parts (like eye lens) of the same system may not lead to instant death but malfunctioning of the affected system.

Because the eye doesn't develop an interdependence with the brain, the nervous system, the skeletal system, the muscular system?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Celebrate 57th Birthday With Multiple Cakes [PHOTOS] / Day 6 || Full Redemption || GCK / This Is What I Worship!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.