Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse (739 Views)

Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada / I Can’t See Anything, I Can’t Read, Graduate Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal / Akwa Ibom Tribunal Affirms Udom’s Election As Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse by insideakwaibom: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Akwa Ibom State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, Monday the 14th day of September, 2015.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Akwa Ibom State monday rounded off its defense at the on-going Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja. Announcing the formal closure of its case, Lead counsel for the 2nd respondents, Tayo Oyetibo SAN told the court that the party is glad to bring its defense to an end. He thanked the tribunal judges for their kind disposition and patience in meticulously directing the proceedings.

Oyetibo SAN said that the documents tendered by the subpoenaed INEC witness will be admitted at the appropriate time. The 3rd respondents, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) pledged to open their defense on Tuesday as INEC Lawyer, Tobechukwu Nweke Esq assured that the Electoral Officers will be available on demand.

Speaking to journalists after the sitting, PDP lawyer, Tayo Oyetibo SAN noted that the party decided to close its case today satisfied by the evidence so far laid before the tribunal. “we are satisfied that going by the quality of witnesses on record so far, we do not need to call any more witnesses. It is actually not the number of witnesses that you call that sustains a case but the quality of evidence. And having assessed the quality of evidence established so far, we have decided to close our case today”. He added.

The respondents, Mr Udom Emmanuel and the Peoples Democratic Party have so far called 23 witnesses to support their defense that elections held on April 11, and that Mr Udom Emmanuel won.

The tribunal has adjourned its sitting to Tuesday, 15th September, 2015.

More on Akwa Ibom Tribunal Live Update: visit @insideakwaibom

Re: Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse by OVI75(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
PDP all the way.
Ibori my mentor,Barcanister my role model.
Re: Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update: PDP Ends Defense…confident On Performance Of Witnesse by Ndywin: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Am still amazed how the state Assembly elections held successfully on the same day, meanwhile APC is riding on the wings that there was no elections... Anyway, I wish them the Very best.

Meanwhile 0004653234(GTBank) is my acct number... FTC.. Make una pay me O

(1) (Reply)

Who Hates Buhari?- A Quick Rejoinder / Jonathan Makes ‘6th’ Public Appearance After May 29 (photos) / A Brief Thoughtful Chronicle Of Saraki's Brouhaha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.