Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car (1692 Views)

Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by Revolution: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2006
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by TayoD(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2006
Kai!  God forbid bad thing.  You will not find me inside that cable car!

Coming down from Obudu Ranch after my 1 week vacation, the "new" bus that conveyed us to the air-field suddenly had a flat tire on our way down the hill.  Guess what happened next?  There was no spare tire and a jack in the bus to change out the flat one.  Just assume that kind of error in a cable car, mid-air shocked.  While I applaud the effort, I will not go on that car.  By the way, does that car run on NEPA's power? cheesy
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by Revolution: 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2006
TayoD, your analogy is like someone saying I got to Murtala Muhamed airport and the escalotors, lifts, airconditioning were not working therefore I am not going to board any plane there because it may crash.

There are different operators at the Obudu ranch; the cable car was built and is operated by a foreign firm, the hotel is operated by a South African international standard hotel chain and I am sure the shuttle bus that coveyed you to the airfield had a completely different operator from the cable car and hotel. Therefore don't link the two because they are unrelated.

The ranch/cable car does not depend on NEPA or Power Holdings Company; it has it own brand new generators.
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by Odeku(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2006
Interesting concept, Ill have to visit this site
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by TayoD(m): 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2006
@Revolution,

Try not to take things too seriously.

And did I tell you that the generators refused to work one of the nights I was there?  We had to stay out and start a bonfire to while away the time.

And are you aware that the Ranch is run on Generators 24/7?  Though this may have changed but there is always a rationing of power because of limited gas to run the Gens.  Now I'm not trying to paint the place black, because it is indeed a lovely place that'll encourage people to visit, but the reality is that in Naija, anything can happen.

About the flying of Airplane, believe me, I do not intend to step into any Airplane in Naija ever again.  I lost a family member in one of the recent plane crashes and I remember my experiences in some of the planes.

Because there are different operators does not mean that it is not run by a Nigerian mangagement and staff.  Expatriates are not there 24/7 to run their business, it is run solely and mangaged by Nigerians.  Don't let your zeal overide your sense of judgemnet my friend.
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by LoverBwoy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2006
nice doc. this should make it into the engineering section of discovery channel
Re: Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car by Revolution: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2006
TayoD, I am aware that the gens don't run 24/7, that would be far to expensive to maintain and would push up the price of staying at the ranch. The lack of stable electricity in Nigeria is disgraceful and further underlines how poorly our leaders have done since independence and that is why we need a revolutionary like Duke for President in 2007.

Regarding your comment - "I do not intend to step into any Airplane in Naija ever again"; what were you taking a taxi to the airfield for if you don't fly in Nigeria? Were you going to the airfield to get a bus back home? grin

Also, have you never lost a relative in a road accident? If so, then how come you still use the roads. The truth is as bad as Nigeria's air industry seems it is still much safer than Nigeria's roads. The probability of dying in a plane crash in Nigeria, or anywhere in the world for that matter, is much slimmer but because of the press coverage that accompanies a plane crash it seems worse. If all road accidents received the same attention then maybe you will only be treking or using bicycle to your destinations.

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Mgbeke, Over N14m Fraud - / Interview With Soludo, Andy And Chris Uba, Ojukwu, Obi, Ekwueme And Ngige. / Fashola Commissions 16 Fire Fighting Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.