Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? (2636 Views)

ARTICLE.... How To Write The Scope Of Study Of A Research Paper / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering Course? / What Factors And People Aided Your Choice Of Course Of Study/Profession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hello,
I just narrowly missed out on the 1st admission list, and it seems I would have to buy change of course form.
I have already concluded, to fill
Statistics- most preferred
Physics - more preferred.

However I'm still stalling on making a third choice as I can't seem to find any I can live with, since my intended course was Computer science, and no course in FUTA is related enough, asides math and statistics ( I'm avoiding math anyway, as I'm not to sure about it too).

I'm looking at Remote sensing and geoscience information systems, but I'm not sure of the career prospects after school and standard of teaching of the course in Nigeria (it is said to be an expensive course to teach in the US, according to my Google search).

It would render me unable to switch back to Comp science in 200L since they belong to different faculties, so If I'm going to be stuck with it, I need to know if it's worth it.
What do you advice?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
Guys, I need your input now!
It's urgent.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by jabberjawz: 2:12am On Sep 15, 2015
Elxandre:
Guys, I need your input now!
It's urgent.

stick with it.....(GIS) demand for geocomputing professionals worldwide is on d steady increase...besides it's still a sure way to keep u in d computing feild which really is your dream.......u sure gonna enjoy it if u set your mind to study........statistics would be a better alternative if u have to choose something else.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by MasterWayne(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Go for Physics.
Thank me later.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
jabberjawz:

stick with it.....(GIS) demand for geocomputing professionals worldwide is on d steady increase...besides it's still a sure way to keep u in d computing feild which really is your dream.......u sure gonna enjoy it if u set your mind to study........statistics would be a better alternative if u have to choose something else.
Thanks for your reply sir.
Statistics is my first choice.
physics second choice.

I'm just riled i have to pick a third course.

What do you think of Industrial math for third course?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
MasterWayne:
Go for Physics.
Thank me later.
Thanks bro.
Physics is my second choice.

What do you think about industrial math as a third choice.?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by MasterWayne(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good choice.
Elxandre:

Thanks bro.
Physics is my second choice.

What do you think about industrial math as a third choice.?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by jabberjawz: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
Elxandre:

Thanks for your reply sir.
Statistics is my first choice.
physics second choice.

I'm just riled i have to pick a third course.

What do you think of Industrial math for third course?

see...,u have to take a critical look @ the trends in the industry & how it relates to your choice of course of study.....what exactly are your long term goals.....ask yourself this question and make a decision that suit your dream.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
jabberjawz:

see...,u have to take a critical look @ the trends in the industry & how it relates to your choice of course of study.....what exactly are your long term goals.....ask yourself this question and make a decision that suit your dream.
It can get confusing when you get denied your original course.
However I see myself ending up in IT.
That's my long term goal.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by eitsei(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
am a student of remote sensing & GIS in futa....it's a good course with lots career prospects ranging from environmental management, mining engineering, urban planning, military, agriculture, water resources engineering, oil & gas, telecommunications n lots more.....d standard of teaching d course in futa is high n our laboratory is rated d best in Nigeria by NUC during their accreditation exercise..... prior to ur love for computer science, u will deal with software, programming n importantly using ur laptops. or desktop.... our laboratory is full desktops not chemicals n am sure u will love wt d course as u go higher...... check WWW.rsg.futa.edu.ng for more information
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
eitsei:
am a student of remote sensing & GIS in futa....it's a good course with lots career prospects ranging from environmental management, mining engineering, urban planning, military, agriculture, water resources engineering, oil & gas, telecommunications n lots more.....d standard of teaching d course in futa is high n our laboratory is rated d best in Nigeria by NUC during their accreditation exercise..... prior to ur love for computer science, u will deal with software, programming n importantly using ur laptops. or desktop.... our laboratory is full desktops not chemicals n am sure u will love wt d course as u go higher...... check WWW.rsg.futa.edu.ng for more information

Thanks. I wish i saw this earlier.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by eitsei(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Elxandre:

Thanks. I wish i saw this earlier.
u r welcome....r u a futarian?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
eitsei:
u r welcome....r u a futarian?
Incoming one, I would say.
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by eitsei(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
Elxandre:
Incoming one, I would say.
ok
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Kredz(m): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Elxandre:
Hello,
I just narrowly missed out on the 1st admission list, and it seems I would have to buy change of course form.
I have already concluded, to fill
Statistics- most preferred
Physics - more preferred.

However I'm still stalling on making a third choice as I can't seem to find any I can live with, since my intended course was Computer science, and no course in FUTA is related enough, asides math and statistics ( I'm avoiding math anyway, as I'm not to sure about it too).

I'm looking at Remote sensing and geoscience information systems, but I'm not sure of the career prospects after school and standard of teaching of the course in Nigeria (it is said to be an expensive course to teach in the US, according to my Google search).

It would render me unable to switch back to Comp science in 200L since they belong to different faculties, so If I'm going to be stuck with it, I need to know if it's worth it.
What do you advice?
Have you been admitted?
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Kredz:

Have you been admitted?
embarassed
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Kredz(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Kredz(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2015
Kredz:

undecided
I am not yet admitted..
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Kredz(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2015
Elxandre:

I am not yet admitted..
Alright, may God grant your heart desires kiss
Elxandre:

I am not yet admitted..
Alright, may God grant your heart desires
Re: Remote Science And Geoscience Information Systems; A Promising Course Of Study? by Elxandre(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kredz:

Alright, may God grant your heart desires kiss
Alright, may God grant your heart desires
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

My Informal Letter To Yahoo Boys / I'm Willing To Teach You Programming Just For 1k / List Of Accounting Professional Bodies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.