Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,675 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. (5380 Views)

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / 4 Surprising Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About Flying / 20 Terrifying Facts About Flying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
People Steal the Under-Seat Life Jackets.

Nobody Washes the Blankets or Pillows

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
refreshrate:

How is that possible?

That surface cant support the weight of a baby nau oga take am easy, some us fly too na.

No one is saying you're not flying everyday, changing of diaper on that table doesn't mean the baby wil be placed on it. It can't hold the weight of a baby agreed, some mum can remove the diaper and place it on the table for some minutes before taking it off.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by refreshrate: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sile12:
Somebody Has Probably Changed a Diaper On Your Tray Table.
Why bother going to the bathroom to remove your child's sodden diaper when you could loose it on a small table that most people eat their food on?
Sile12:

No one is saying you're not flying everyday, changing of diaper on that table doesn't mean the baby wil be placed on it. It can't hold the weight of a baby agreed, some mum can remove the diaper and place it on the table for some minutes before taking it off.

please read what you wrote again. ive brought it here for you so you dont have to go far
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
Food Service On Night Flights Can Be Delayed Until More People Fall Asleep.

http://m.ranker.com/list/airline-secrets-flying/ranker-travel?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-145.SQ_G5x_uSj6M6tyzzFTX9w.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.ng%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dscary%2Bfacts%2Babout%2Bplanes%26client%3Dms-opera-mini-android%26channel%3Dnew%26gws_rd%3Dcr%26ei%3DOPr2VbizGMKye5rDjVg
cc: lalasticlala obinoscopy

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sile12:
They Don’t Technically Need the Pilots.

Airplane technology is so advanced that planes could literally fly themselves. Even though a computer-generated landing would result in a much softer and precise return to earth, airlines continue to allow the pilots the control just to make them feel important and for other reasonsI’m sure. Not sure which is scarier being in the hands of a human who could potentially fall asleep, or being in the hands of a computer that does everything perfectly.

http://travelversed.co/travel-talk/9-frightening-airplane-facts/3/

Awesome..I think one of the resons for these is because humans can't commit the safety of their lives to machines yet...
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
kevinberry:

Awesome..I think one of the resons for these is because humans can't commit the safety of their lives to machines yet...

Yea, but it wil soon fly themselves.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pilots are often tired.

Reports say that pilots often sleep in the cockpit due to their high risk working hours.

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
refreshrate:

please read what you wrote again. ive brought it here for you so you dont have to go far
oga go and read his post very well. you don't necessarily have to place a baby on the table before u change the diaper.. the basic thing there is placing the used diaper on the table while trying to change it.

sile12 major point is the transfer of germs from this single action..and d next thing you're telling us ur flying history haba tongue

4 Likes

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
RickRichards:
At what altitude will your blood boil?

If one keyed into this school of thought one'd avoid ice cream machines. Those things are filty AF, and very difficult to clean properly. So many people eat poison daily without even knowing it. And that's why it pays to have a strong immune system. Avoid misuse of anti-biotics, peeps.

Ahaaaa
No wonder sometimes you start shìtting liquid shìt after taking ice creams
babes take note
thanks bro
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Funjosh:
Hmmmm the movie FLIGHT by Denzel Washington came to my mind, He flew the Aircraft Inverted how true is this

My friend's husband who is an aeronautic engineer co firmed its impossible and that was just a crock of shìt to keep us entertained
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sile12:
They Don’t Technically Need the Pilots.

Airplane technology is so advanced that planes could literally fly themselves. Even though a computer-generated landing would result in a much softer and precise return to earth, airlines continue to allow the pilots the control just to make them feel important and for other reasonsI’m sure. Not sure which is scarier being in the hands of a human who could potentially fall asleep, or being in the hands of a computer that does everything perfectly.

http://travelversed.co/travel-talk/9-frightening-airplane-facts/3/

Well from what I learnt on discovery channel, auto pilots may not always be a safe bet for landing
a little malfunction in say the reading of the height, can cause cause a major crash so they advise pilots to take the controls when landing
also a pilot confirmed that despite the efficiency of the auto pilot, on many flights, things go wrong that requires them to take control
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by refreshrate: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by refreshrate: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
booqee:
oga go and read his post very well. you don't necessarily have to place a baby on the table before u change the diaper.. the basic thing there is placing the used diaper on the table while trying to change it.

sile12 major point is the transfer of germs from this single action..and d next thing you're telling us ur flying history haba tongue

oversabi did he say place the diaper or he wrote
Sile12:
Somebody Has Probably Changed a Diaper On Your Tray Table.
Why bother going to the bathroom to remove your child's sodden diaper [size=16pt]when you could loose it on a small table t[/size]hat most people eat their food on?

How does that translate to placing a used diaper on the table?

If OP is your crush keep it between yourselves someone said something i clarified it youre coming here to rant

Please respect yourself
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by kingreign(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

My friend's husband who is an aeronautic engineer co firmed its impossible and that was just a crock of shìt to keep us entertained
An aircraft can actually perform a barrel roll, and a belly up quickly at sustained pull of 1G as long as the aeroplane frame can support the sudden loads, jet fuel, engine oil and battery stays intact.
In fact, some crazy pilots in some big planes have done some crazy stuffs.
A Boeing test pilot did a barrel roll in a Boeing 707, in fact captain Tex did a barrel roll twice!
A 737 can do such thing too.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
refreshrate:

oversabi did he say place the diaper or he wrote

How does that translate to placing a used diaper on the table?

If OP is your crush keep it between yourselves someone said something i clarified it youre coming here to rant

Please respect yourself
the point op is making is d transfer of germs..which is that you are most likely eating on the same table where a used diaper was placed. you can change a baby's diaper right from d comfort of ur seat without putting d baby on the table.

infact please point it out and highlight to me where he specifically mentioned placing a baby on the table..maybe I prolly missed that part. undecided

since you are not new to flying and you know that the tray table cannot hold the weight of a baby why u still arguing? I mean..sense should tell u that d statement loosing it on a table should simply mean d diaper on d table..not baby on d table..hian!
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by SkinnyDude(m): 12:19am On Sep 15, 2015
ya
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by officialteemi(m): 12:21am On Sep 15, 2015
Sile12:
If a plane is being hijacked when the pilot lands they will leave the wing flaps up that slow the plane down, this is to signal the airport that there is something happening in the plane.
bt in movie u dnt see such..INTERESTING
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 15, 2015
The seatbelt sign is worth obeying.

Due to the rise of clear air turbulence, the only sure-fire way of preventing turbulence-related injuries is to keep your seatbelt fastened whenever the sign is illuminated. Simple but effective.

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Lap children are the most vulnerable to turbulence-related injuries: violent motion could make the kid fly out of your arms. In fact, an infant girl on the latest United flight was dislodged from her parent’s lap by the violent shaking of the aircraft and landed on another passenger several rows away (the baby was surprisingly unharmed). The National Transportation Safety Board has long called for requirements that infants be strapped into an airline-approved car seat.

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-02-19/united-airlines-mid-air-scare-prevent-turbulence-related-injuries

amazo.com

sheknows.com

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Educative, though some facts got me scared cheesy cheesy cheesy..

Nice one, Sile12
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Educative, though some facts got me scared cheesy cheesy cheesy..

Nice one, Sile12

Thanks sis.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 15, 2015
Thank you for just worsening my aerophobia. angry

1 Like

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by groundnutoil(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks sis.
bros no vex make I just add dis one

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2015
Just because you're flying with a big airline doesn't mean the pilots are experienced.

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by gnykelly(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2015
hahn:

This is why I always take a bag of pure water on every flight grin
you wet never enter airport before. na you dey form. show us your selfie.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by groundnutoil(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
also

Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
gnykelly:

you wet never enter airport before. na you dey form. show us your selfie.

Sorry, my iphone 7 doesn't take pictures in airplanes.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by gnykelly(m): 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
hahn:

Sorry, my iphone 7 doesn't take pictures in airplanes.
haha. I fit help you repair am.
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by lampardizik(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
refreshrate:

How is that possible?

That surface cant support the weight of a baby nau oga take am easy, some us fly too na.

Clap for yourself,you are a 'flier'grincheesy
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by refreshrate: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
lampardizik:

Clap for yourself,you are a 'flier'grincheesy

OK!

You've renewed subscription.
You've been noticed
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by lampardizik(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2015
refreshrate:

OK!
You've renewed subscription. You've been noticed

cry embarassed
Re: Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 20, 2015
Just because you're flying with a big airline doesn't mean the pilots are experienced.
You are right buh the bigger the aircraft the safer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay. / How Can A Nigerian Get To Sao Tome N' Principe ( STP ) From Lagos or Enugu? / Hajj 2024: Nigeria Gets 95,000 Quota - NAHCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.