Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) (3124 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / The Wolverine Movie, Lagos And The Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by platinumnk(f): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2009
Those who saw the wolverine Movie already, did yall see the part where the Special Agent Team went to Lagos!!!

I was pumped~

And to make it even sweeter, they even traveled to  Igboland and spoke my language~
Even though I watched it already, I cant wait to see in the theaters~~~! (On de BIG SCREEN )lol
It was a good movie though~

[img]http://3.bp..com/_e5rLQEpqOEM/SbLd4OhStxI/AAAAAAAAOcY/D783_lIBGRY/s400/hr_Wolverine_exclusive_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_e5rLQEpqOEM/SbLfDnaaaxI/AAAAAAAAOcg/f9F6GSOllJg/s400/wove.jpg[/img]
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by platinumnk(f): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2009
watch it  here--> www.ovguide.com
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by platinumnk(f): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
come on now, NO ONE HAS SEEN WOLVERINE YET?!!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2009
sorry darling, we havent yet but we are actually trying to. wink wink
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2009
this site aint playign the movie. it just keeps on opening new sites and omo, i dey fear virus o. all these sites linking to sites pisses me off. where exactly did u watch it from?
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by platinumnk(f): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2009
oh sorry i missed typed i watched it at ovguide.com

then searched for wolverine
and its the 3link i believe,

me no 419, i don give virus lol grin grin grin
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by tallnaijaf: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2009
platinumnk:

come on now, NO ONE HAS SEEN WOLVERINE YET?!!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
you late!!!!
lots of peeps have watched it already.
including moi
from about a week ago shocked
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by cabali(m): 9:54am On Apr 11, 2009
I watched the movie and it is fabulous. Just that it isnt completely done. some special efx were still in their skeletal phases, then a lot of ropes suspending flying mutants.

At the begining the mutants were taken to Lagos to steal a rare mineral. Ike from the season 7 of 24 was there as the diamond merchant. They got a good scenario of lagos looking like yaba/ebutte metta ( the part close to the 3rd mainland bridge.

Then the hostage speaking Igbo and wade speaking and intepreting was just hilarious (it sounded out of place) but it was nice. wondering how we watched it already?

It is reported that a bootleg copy of the film, missing many of the SFX, some 20 minutes of footage, and a finalized score, but nevertheless a complete cinematic unit, was leaked online a month before the movie's official theatrical release. so we still gotta watch it when it hits the cinemas.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2009
At last, i watched the movie yesterday. I really enjoyed it. At least, i now know hw the story goes. How wolv got his name and metal.But there are a few miscalculations though and some favourite scenes.
Miscalc 1, in xmen 1, wolverine and cyclops had not met before but in this, it shows they wre rescued by wolverine towards the end.
Favourite 1, the lagos scene where agent zero killed those security and where wade dodged those bullets with his sword. That was terrific.
Overall, i njoyed the film o. really nice.
And i think i really love gambit's swag tho and i used to think he was related to cyclops. Ain't he?
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by cabali(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2009
what is this one saying?

wolverine and cyclops did not meet. He did not rescue cyclops, his girlfriend and cyclops did. wolverine just saw all of them locked up, did not know who is who and he opened the gates and his girlfriend and cyclops rescued them all to safety with Xavier
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by sniperwolf(m): 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2009
I've seen the movie and it was fabulous. But the Ibo the man spoke was not the right interpretation the white guy gave the Mutant Boss
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2009
@cabali, ur response is not intelligent. I expected u to point at the fact that wolverine lost his memory. U want to tell me dat wolv didnt see cyclops when he was being dragged inside after his features were added to weapon X1?this was when he just got into d island operatinr room o.Wel, he did and he even knw weapX1 was wade.
Wetin stryker do wade no good sha.d guy na fine boy.he now sealed his mouth.
@sniperwolf, dats rite but then, everythin goes.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by bigfather(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2009
Are you guys really serious about this igbo and lagos stuff in th e movie ? undecided
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by cabali(m): 9:49am On Apr 22, 2009
thegame:

@cabali, ur response is not intelligent. I expected u to point at the fact that wolverine lost his memory. U want to tell me dat wolv didnt see cyclops when he was being dragged inside after his features were added to weapon X1?this was when he just got into d island operatinr room o.Wel, he did and he even knw weapX1 was wade.
Wetin stryker do wade no good sha.d guy na fine boy.he now sealed his mouth.
@sniperwolf, dats rite but then, everythin goes.

Before u used the word MET now u are using the word SEE. Do you have a problem with little words??

Go back and read your initial, very unintelligent post with grammar issues. And tell me, did Wolverine meet cyclops or he just saw everyone of them without asking for names and what their abilities are?

Thats the difference between meet and see. You may forget who u see but probably who you have met.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by Bbeee: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2009
big father:

Are you guys really serious about this igbo and lagos stuff in th e movie ? undecided

yea d igbo was perfectly correct, cool i was shocked my sef to hear d guy black guy speaking igbo, But as for d location im not sure if that is Lagos ooo tongue
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by cabali(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2009
Nope, the location isnt lagos just built to be. It actually looks like the area near the third mainland bridge coming from ikeja. I mean the buildings; thats the closest only that there isnt a high rise about that area.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2009
Watching the movie as I type- so far so good.It ain't bad and I'm actually enjoying it but the Lagos part was a studio setting and where they spoke ibo was fake IMO.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2009
Eeya!Film don finish.Professor Xavier came to their rescue and they became 'The Xmen'.
Nonsense!See how easy it was to kill the so called 'weapon 11' that had the combined powers and abilities of all the mutants.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
Semid, u don forget say actor no dey die for film
I laff tire.so u wan mak weapon 11 beat wolv tire?dat one wey him beat no reach?
me too, i wonder y him no cut wolverine head first but bro, wolv no fit die now. Sori. Ehnnn?
lmao.
We go remix and reedit am and make wolverine die.lol. cheesy
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by thegame(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2009
Semid, u don forget say actor no dey die for film
I laff tire.so u wan mak weapon 11 beat wolv tire?dat one wey him beat no reach?
me too, i wonder y him no cut wolverine head first but bro, wolv no fit die now. Sori. Ehnnn?
lmao.
We go remix and reedit am and make wolverine die.lol. cheesy
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by proudly9ja(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2009
Weapon X1 also had the weaknesses of the mutants. Prolly thats why it was easy to kill him.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2009
I ain't saying weapon 11 should have killed wolverine and sabre tooth but I expected the final fight to be MUCH MUCH TOUGHER.
IMO, the reason why wolverine was able to defeat weapon 11 was cause he wasn't fully cooked and done.In short,like yoruba man go talk weapon 11 o jina da da.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by Pataki: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2009
Seen the movie when it was leaked. Quite a thriller.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by cabali(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2009
semid4lyfe:

I ain't saying weapon 11 should have killed wolverine and sabre tooth but I expected the final fight to be MUCH MUCH TOUGHER.
IMO, the reason why wolverine was able to defeat weapon 11 was cause he wasn't fully cooked and done.In short,like yoruba man go talk weapon 11 o jina da da.

Did you not see that wepon X was premature?? He was released before complete integration. The complete idea of weapon 11 woulda been difficult to contain but we all know it was exposed to war before completion so u dont expect to get its performance at optimum.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by spikyn: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2009
Una talk well; me I'm more concerned about how that ties into the Deadpool movie.

P.S. Wolverine's beenn halved before and he still 'Voltron'-ed himself back together again.

and I doubt it but was it that Lagos is supposed to have been a stand-in for Black Panther's native land? As in Wakanda?
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2009
@cabali
we r both saying the same thing
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by Aaoe: 10:25am On Apr 30, 2009
Guys,
The movie X- MEN ORIGIN is showing now at Genesis Cinema located at The Palms Shopping Mall Lagos. It was on yesterday and will be today 30/04/09. for more info visit http://thepalmsshopping.com/index.php

Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by bishoptboy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30, 2009
It got released today in South Africa. I saw it and find it more interesting than the other x-men. the film was never shot in naija. I like how they fused the origins to X2 story. you can connect origins to X2 which makes it brilliant.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by dakmanzero(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2009
in short:

Nigerian scenes were cute but badly researched and mediocre. There are 'villagers' speaking igbo in Lagos, unable to understand english, and a 'diamond merchant' in a land that does not produce diamonds, at the top of a skyscraper filled with soldiers with red berets (nigerian army red berets, since when?!??!?!?!)

That was just nonsense. Other evidence of poor research: our Igbo villager sounding like some caveman saying the rock came 'from the sky' and other such nonsense. As if most Igbos in Lagos, literate or not, are not more likely to come up with a more practical or superstitious-christian explanation.

If they had just relocated the whole thing to Abakaliki and abandoned the skyscraper, instead making it a mansion surrounded with thug guards, it would have made a world of difference.

A weekend in Nigeria for research would have done wonders. Instead we get this crap.

On top of that. the movie itself was poorly researched and inaccurate. Anyone who knows anything about x-men will be able to tell you how much bullshit was shoveled into that movie story wise.

However, the xmen movies are less faithful to the comics than iron man, spiderman, the hulk, etc so we can forgive them. the 'replacement' story they came up with was nice, in my opinion, and the new heroic wolvie, though completely fake and an invention of hugh jackman, is a likeable and interesting character.
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by Orimili(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2009
While It was nice to hear my language in a major Hollywood film, this particular film was utter shit. Also, about the part about Nigeria, it wouldn't have hurt to at least do some research, because everything about it was wrong, especially the diamond merchant scene (Blood Diamonds in Naija?) and people in entire Igbo villages being unable to at least understand English, in a former British colony?
Re: Wolverine 2009 (May contain Spoilers) by Orimili(m): 6:14pm On May 04, 2009
dakmanzero:

in short:

Nigerian scenes were cute but badly researched and mediocre. There are 'villagers' speaking igbo in Lagos, unable to understand english, and a 'diamond merchant' in a land that does not produce diamonds, at the top of a skyscraper filled with soldiers with red berets (nigerian army red berets, since when?!??!?!?!)

That was just nonsense. Other evidence of poor research: our Igbo villager sounding like some caveman saying the rock came 'from the sky' and other such nonsense. As if most Igbos in Lagos, literate or not, are not more likely to come up with a more practical or superstitious-christian explanation.

If they had just relocated the whole thing to Abakaliki and abandoned the skyscraper, instead making it a mansion surrounded with thug guards, it would have made a world of difference.

A weekend in Nigeria for research would have done wonders. Instead we get this crap.

On top of that. the movie itself was poorly researched and inaccurate. Anyone who knows anything about x-men will be able to tell you how much bullshit was shoveled into that movie story wise.

However, the xmen movies are less faithful to the comics than iron man, spiderman, the hulk, etc so we can forgive them. the 'replacement' story they came up with was nice, in my opinion, and the new heroic wolvie, though completely fake and an invention of hugh jackman, is a likeable and interesting character.

I forgot to read this post, but I agree wholeheartedly!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Hollywood Actor Adewale Agbaje / Who's Your Favourite Character From The NARUTO Series, And Why? / Collection Of The Most Bizarre Movies Ever Made!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.