Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) (49540 Views)

Boy Bursts Into Tears After Being Caught During Failed Robbery In Delta. Photo / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) / Police Arrests Kess Billions For Robbery In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by bummyla(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by lekelee4real: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2015
I so much dislike dis, A criminal is caught in the act and you are still helping them by covering the faces. while not View their face and let the Devil be ashamed.
so much gud 4 dem
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Bigii(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2015
400billionman:
The poverty in Nigeria is alarming. .
Specifically Benue state. People are dying of hunger everyday, our governors are always d worst. D former gov was a very Big thief, while d present Apc gov in d state is too local to govern d people. Despite d huge amount given as a bail out, He still owe workers. We voted change but Gov Otorm is a huge mistake.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by deadZONE: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Buhari where are the jobs u promised the youths
please set those criminals free until buhari brings
his promises to action... his the cause of the high
crime rate...
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Rutycool(f): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Why covering their face.. Abeg oju ole da..ole

1 Like

Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by emillionaire: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2015
jazz
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by oweman: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2015
Too bad. Benue state &Kogi state the heart of all evil. I dread those two states alot. Mostly when travelling by road

Without doubt most of those armed robbers in those two close came into those states from the eastern flank ( ibo people ! )
this I can be very sure of as some has also got as far as Kabba my only worry my recommendation that the scoundrels we get hold of should be made to drink at least a litre of petrol before they are bathed with 2 litres for burning unfortunately many don't want to hear of the idea .
Meanwhile am very sure that will be the very best solution ; when caught the first statement they made is CHINEKE we must quickly begin to give to them that which they deserve .

1 Like

Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Awesomeking: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2015
Bonapart:
go and do research about Benue
mr man..they were classified as robbers,nothing there states that they are fulani herdsmen,those people there are young men that could be from literally anywhere
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by soos: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2015
Hammefeez:
Cheeeeeesssuuuuuuussssss.
. . . . You most be a celestical church memberlisms. . . . Your stupidity is upgrading speedily.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Buskolo(m): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Too bad. Benue state &Kogi state the heart of all evil. I dread those two states alot. Mostly when travelling by road.
That's silly thing to say and goes to show d kind of tribalistic mind set you have...

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Rotimi47: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2015
idari:
When I saw the title"Day light Robbery" I was expectin to see politicians because dey are d only daylight robbers I know grin
grin
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by donjj2004: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2015
Why covering they faces, what's the essence of the news?
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by stonecoldcafe: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2015
DaBullIT:
Jeeses

I am particularly and exceptionally pissed when someone tries to protect the identity of scums by pixel-ating, blurring the faces of these "Suspects caught in the act"

How are we to sabi and alert security officers when we can't even see their face ?

Everyone is considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by qtx(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2015
BenueBlog:
Residents of Makurdi, the Benue state capital were left in shock yesterday , when armed robbers stormed the town in broad daylight.

At about 2:50pm, a gang of about five robbers who used a Toyota Camry Sedan (pictured below) snatched a bag containing a huge sum of money belonging of a first bank customer, in north bank area of the town. As they made away with the cash, Policemen stationed at Balcony Parks and Gardens got a tip-off by Okada riders and intercepted them along Otukpo road.

After a serious gun battle, two members of the gang were arrested while three escaped, and over N2 million recovered from them. The arrested suspects were then taken to the state police headquarters.

In another incident, at about 5:40am today, gunshots were heard in the area opposite the College of Health Sciences. A lady was also heard pleading and crying.

As residents came out, they discovered an emotionally traumatised lady who had just been robbed of her belongings while returning home after studying overnight in school.

The area is dominated by Benue State University students and is a soft target for armed robbers who use motorcycles to hunt down unsuspecting victims, mostly females.

This calls for increased surveillance by security personnel to protect the lives and property of Makurdi residents who are no doubt terrified by these occurrences.

Source:
http://benue.com.ng/photos-daylight-robbery-in-makurdi-residents-terrified/

grave indiscipline and wanton display of madness.

Let them be treated with iron grips

[url]robminds.com[/url]
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by prettyJoy22(f): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2015
Very bad angry
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by tempilo2k(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Too bad. Benue state &Kogi state the heart of all evil. I dread those two states alot. Mostly when travelling by road.

Your ignorance reflects the level of your education.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Sunnah1(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
When it come to money ritual, your hopeless state take the leads.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Hostermipo(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2015
Well done , gallant police officers
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by oweman: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2015
deadZONE:
Buhari where are the jobs u promised the youths
please set those criminals free until buhari brings
his promises to action... his the cause of the high
crime rate...

Buhari you ordered should release criminals because the criminals are mainly manmadus Nigerians did not put him Buhari in office so he can cover those criminals up . Meanwhile now its beginning to look there is s particular tribe in Nigeria who are @ ease with corruption and if Buhari fail to deal with them severely he himself will be made to taste the boiling pepper soup .
Are the jobs promised you by Buhari part of the robberies you people are unleashing on Nigerians .
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by kestolove95(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2015
If only we can stop ibos from travelling out of east...all dix will b tin of d past
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2015
tempilo2k:

Your ignorance reflects the level of your education.
Young boy, when it comes to education, we aren't on the same level at all. The summation of all the degrees i've had is more than the total your family has had since inception.
So back off and look for you jobless mates to talk to not me.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by danbrowndmf(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
No be Lie. Im from Kogi state.though do nt reside there.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Yazmin: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2015
BillDesmond2much:
Nawa o, naija 4u. Young youths wasting away.

Do we have old youths.....jst asking o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by GRENDO13: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Do not speak about what you do not understand...... violence in Benue mostly affects only violent ppl
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Jacqueline88(f): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2015
Bonapart:
Everything about these fula people and the north is blood and death
thunder fire you! I pray it you nex. For saying such a derogatory thing.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by psucc(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2015
400billionman:
The poverty in Nigeria is alarming. .
. . .and you are on NL. Why not join the robbing folk to make money.

Poor or Rich, it is the individual's choice to either uphold his integrity or dash it.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Cutehector:
Very good... Our police men are doing their work under Solomon Arase...
It was not the Nigerian Police. Rather, it was the Okada Riders (Commercial Motorcyclists) that did the work of arresting those thieves. If not for their intervention, the usual Nigerian dumb Policemen would have had no clue.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by kosokoadeyemi: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2015
Up Nigerian police,up solom arase,up ssai baba buhari.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2015
BenueBlog:
Residents of Makurdi, the Benue state capital were left in shock yesterday , when armed robbers stormed the town in broad daylight.

At about 2:50pm, a gang of about five robbers who used a Toyota Camry Sedan (pictured below) snatched a bag containing a huge sum of money belonging of a first bank customer, in north bank area of the town. As they made away with the cash, Policemen stationed at Balcony Parks and Gardens got a tip-off by Okada riders and intercepted them along Otukpo road.

After a serious gun battle, two members of the gang were arrested while three escaped, and over N2 million recovered from them. The arrested suspects were then taken to the state police headquarters.

In another incident, at about 5:40am today, gunshots were heard in the area opposite the College of Health Sciences. A lady was also heard pleading and crying.

As residents came out, they discovered an emotionally traumatised lady who had just been robbed of her belongings while returning home after studying overnight in school.

The area is dominated by Benue State University students and is a soft target for armed robbers who use motorcycles to hunt down unsuspecting victims, mostly females.

This calls for increased surveillance by security personnel to protect the lives and property of Makurdi residents who are no doubt terrified by these occurrences.

Source:
http://benue.com.ng/photos-daylight-robbery-in-makurdi-residents-terrified/
Why shield their faces in the first place? Atleast you should have helped in exposing their faces so that their relatives, especially their girl friends will know the source of money they were enjoying.
Re: Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) by 400billionman: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2015
psucc:
. . .and you are on NL. Why not join the robbing folk to make money.

Poor or Rich, it is the individual's choice to either uphold his integrity or dash it.

Poverty weakens your conscience and you collect bribe.

Are you better than them. ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Absconds With Brown Acura Day After Resuming Work At Park View (pic) / My Pastor Asked Me To Lie That Armed Robbers Snatched My Boss’s Vehicle. / Fulani People Killed In Demsa, Adamawa (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.