Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) (66937 Views)

Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Buratai Commissions Student Officers Quarters In Jaji (pics) / Herd Of Cattle At CBN Quarters In Abuja (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by j1mmy: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
I cannot understand why Nigeria of 2015 cannot build basic sewage and waste management systems.
I am mean even without government waste management is a basic commonsense thing that is not rocket science.
haba!!!
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by holyokoto(m): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Is the residents that failed to maintain it, the place is not that bad
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Takim107(f): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Far far better than Nigerian police residential quarters
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:

My parents, as lecturers lived in University housing for several years.

Govt did not fix up the houses.

Infact....when the University allocated the house to my parents...they said....na you wey go fix the house... grin

(Though the University Estate Dept did try to do some thing....kudos to them).

But....in Nigeria...if you live in Government housing.....it is you that will fix the govt housing. And it is going to get worse...with falling oil price.

Infact...when OBJ was monetising houses.....what they were saying back then was....we can no longer look after you anymore.

Bros, I understand u very well.

But, when d govt built those houses, everything,(all amenities were in place). It is left for the inmates to do their best to make sure that they maintain it @ their own capabilities.

U don't expect d FG to come sweep your room for u, wash your toilet for, burn the waste for u. U should have done ur part, and when u are complaining, the concerned authorities will know how to start fixing things.

I happen to know how police officers and their families live in the police barrack @ onitsha, they live like pigs, dey don't care about the environment they live in. they mess the whole place up. Someone will wash plates and pour oily water in front of his door step, wash clothes, do the same, they will pack all sorts of nonsense waste indiscriminately around the barracks.

Which authority will condone that? They reason it that these sets of govt para-military officials are pigs, that no matter what u do, dey will still mess things up within days, and is that how u will keep doing it? So that u will be a good govt?

These officers are non-challant because that is not their main houses/apartment, are u trying to tell me that if that house belonged to any of the officers, that it will look as dirty as it is?

Those houses are only a privilege to them because they are paid salaries, does all FG workers have their own quaters? But they still manage to pay rent and still take care of their families. Those officers are simply incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Abobaku1: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
ephi123:
Maintenance culture in Nigeria, zero!
By the way, I hope they are not expecting government to come and help keep their environment clean

I admire the way you reason.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by RudzSA(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4naija:

It is called criticism. I am not a hypocrite like South African xenophobic Zulus.
you the hypocrite ..criticize South Africa like it owes you something ..when yo home country is far inferior in all departments

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by ak47mann(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Even my garden in london were my dog sleeps is like paradise compare to Zoo republic govt buildings cool
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
what's wrong with that building? the custom officers living there are messed up the whole surrounding
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
RudzSA:
you the hypocrite ..criticize South Africa like it owes you something ..when yo home country is far inferior in all departments
I criticize South Africa based on fact as well as I do to Nigeria. I don't understand what you are talking about. Do you expect me to praise your country when it is not meeting up to expectations? Do you mean I should compliment Zulus for torching African immigrants alive? Jeez! You are one hell of a nationalist. It is not good for any nation that wants to move forward! Too many primitive people living in South Africa though.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
The buildings are not so bad like that of the police,all they need is a little renovation. Do they also need the government to tidy their environment? Don't know why uniformed people are so dirty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by obiuzonwa: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
But honestly this is not news the case is even better when compared to the state of other barracks and quarters around the country....

Well this is what someone feels About the Change issue...

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by NICOGRAVITY: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
This are very nice buildings.
Must Federal government do everything for us?
They should keep their environment clean.
Enough of us expecting government to wash our clothes, iron it, and dress us up.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by ezeuba(m): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
anonimi:
Sai Baba's body language will soon clean up the mess for them, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2828696_obamalaughinghisasssoff_gifc7cedb480230b0749cd286a7c72aac4a
And who made this mess?... He'll clear it though, but no chance for PDP/Jonathan to make another mess again... That's the good thing about it all...
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Jonathan was supposed to sweep their compound for them,right?
Keneking:
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by RudzSA(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4naija:

I criticize South Africa based on fact as well as I do to Nigeria. I don't understand what you are talking about. Do you expect me to praise your country when it is not meeting up to expectations? Do you mean I should compliment Zulus for torching African immigrants alive? Jeez! You are one hell of a nationalist. It is not good for any nation that wants to move forward! Too many primitive people living in South Africa though.
but xenophobia is an act done by a few ..u dnt paint the whole nation with the same brush . We are tolerant people considering we might have 10 million foreigners from africa in our country . Whose expectations should it be meeting ? South Africans or yours ? If thers something Nigeria is doing better than us I'd like to know so that we can demand better from our government .but according to you Nigeria does no wrong and S.A is hell on earth . Thers nothing factual in yo fight against South Africa

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Most of the custom officers have private estate and mansion that are state of the art.The money they use in buying those properties are meant to maintain their barracks but are diverted
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by LeSudAfricaine: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
RudzSA:
so u do come to your senses in threads made by your people ..lmao grin
Bingo!!
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
Well, i don't think the Federal Government is supposed to be responsible for the daily Maintenance of such quarters, the place looks unkept because they (Custom Officers) don't take care of their surrounding, they don't sweep and they don't dispose refuse the right manner, They expect Federal Government to do what? Employ those to sweep their environment when they are they ones living in those places, ? We Nigerians feels like if something doesn't belong to us, then whosoever that has it is responsible for it's maintenance. This applies to some Lousy Tenants as well. so they should deal with it.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by LockDown69(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by nikkiking(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
knighttroy:
note the new building is where they were suppose to stay but they are been kept in an old building that looks like a poultry
who de stay in the new one.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Tinz will change...very soon

How will it change?
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
RudzSA:
but xenophobia is an act done by a few ..u dnt paint the whole nation with the same brush . We are tolerant people considering we might have 10 million foreigners from africa in our country . Whose expectations should it be meeting ? South Africans or yours ? If thers something Nigeria is doing better than us I'd like to know so that we can demand better from our government .but according to you Nigeria does no wrong and S.A is hell on earth . Thers nothing factual in yo fight against South Africa

It is pretty clear you hate to be told the truth. I give you an example with the xenophobic case and there are many not mentioned by me. For your information, I am civilized enough to know that not all South Africans are xenophobic. If you read most of my posts with open mind you would understand that I refer to Zulus as xenophobic not all South Africans. You really don't have argument there.

Talking about tolerance South Africa would come next to nothing and Nigeria can easily edge it out in that area. Foreigners are continuously reported to be lynched by South African mobs, etc. There is the epidemic of r a p e cases and which your government is not taking serious. Adding that to the hate for African immigrants(most especially hating on Zimbabweans) in your society is unmentionable and irritating to say otherwise. You would have the understanding of what it means to be tolerant. I don't think South Africans are tolerant but are hypocritical. They tend to show a loving face in the media as though they love foreigners and called them kwerekwere in the secret which is a demeaning for unwelcome people in your community. They do that when it suits them. I quite have a good idea of how things work in your country.

Nigeria has a lot of things better than South Africa. We are number three in the world in movie production and there is no way SA can come close in a lifetime. Our music industry is moving places and come to shoot videos in your country thereby contributing to the economy of your country through the media outlets. We are more involved with peace-keeping activities in the continent more than SA. There is no doubt we are more embracing of your products as we allow your businesses to flourish in our country with preferential treatment. Back in your society your hoodlums loot our shops in Hillbrow, Sunnyville, etc. Even dating your women has created hate within your community that those who date Nigerians are frowned on. Do you still want to talk about tolerance after all?

I am one of those who say the truth here. I criticize Nigeria more than I do criticize SA. You need to read some of my posts on Nigeria and the leaders to ascertain my claim here.

Please, stop being childish for once!
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Bingo!!
Boohoo! I know you would support anything senseless from your country man - as long as it makes your country look good when it is not.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
It is their duty to clean up their barracks every last Saturday of the month but they all feel too big to come out and do clean up.Don't they receive money from govt or contribute and pay waste management officials to clear their wastes bin?.Lazy ass people.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
The change has come be patience please .those are the worst that has been happen to Nigeria lack of mantenance culture.....here is change.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by success10(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is SAD...
attention.. Ur signature needs urgent modification as CHANGE is here to stay.. Embrace CHANGE and be good.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by smarttm: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ebukaobi:
Jonathan was in office for over 6 years and yet he abandoned Custom officers.

It is shameful that these officers are living in these conditions

Very soon Tonyebarcanista and his bed fellows will tell us it is Buhari's fault

Don't say what u don't kn...was he the CGC...customs are the least paid revenue generating organisation....
I just pray that FG will look into their welfare and not only condemning them....

Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
success10:

attention..
Ur signature needs urgent modification as CHANGE is here to stay..
Embrace CHANGE and be good.
97% and 5% Change?
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by greatest31: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
@op, have u seen where other nigerians that they use their tax money to pay these people live? Let us learn how to keep the little we have clean, the government will not provide and clean the place for them. Personal hygiene is necessary.

Thanks.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Jahbles93: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bad sanitation from the occupants period. ....or are they waiting for the controlar general to come and clean the environment for them, so that they will know that he is working.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by Obiwiz(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
knighttroy:
SHOCKING LIVING OF CUSTOMS OFFICERS

Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service have been complaining of the dilapidated barracks they call home. Many officers serving in the headquarters, Garki and other units around karu are not happy with their living conditions which some of the officers said it can be compare to abodes for pigs and rats.

I came to know about this when I visited a friend who lives in one of the NCS barracks in Karu site, Abuja. When he told me about all what they are passing through there, I felt so sorry for him. Looking at the environs it’s not meant for humans beings not to talk of law enforcement officers with their families. With such living condition tell me how officers won’t be involve in corrupt and illegal deals in order to leave squalor. Look at how they are surrounded my sucker ways, dustbin and bushes. How can humans be living here? No wonder they refer to the block as block “RC” {Refugee Camp}.

According reports online many housing units have been built for rank and file officers. Looking around I saw some newly built two story building of about thirty rooms per block. When I asked one of the officers he said I should forget about Customs because the state of nepotism in the service is too much. Eager to know what he meant I pressurized him to tell me and he said the new built blocks were supposed to be theirs because in 2012 the house they were living in was demolished by the directives of the former Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Dikko that a new block be erected. In other for them to have a temporary place to lay their head, they were given a very small room that cannot enter 23incs foam {mattress} but they have to manage it since they were promised by the authorities that it will be for an interim. At the completion of the houses the officers who were living at the house that was demolished since 2012 applied for accommodation in the said house that was promised to them but their countless letters were futile. They regrouped themselves and wrote another letter through the barracks provost of Karu yet the person who was in charge of allocation and accommodation deliberately refused to allocate the houses to them even after coming to see where those officers were staying that it was not good yet he told them to still pack out of that one in two weeks’ time when the officer asked where are they to pack to, he told them that is not his business maybe they don’t know him that he is Mr. Burukunu {Mr. Pepper}. It’s either pack out or he will throw their things out.

Later on the new houses was all allocated to different officers who are his friends, boys, relatives and boys of the Oga at the top at the detriment of those who were occupying it before. In anger one of the officers intruded into our conversation and say nearly all the people that have houses allocated them did have house before but because of they know the Mr. Burukunu so he gave houses again to them while others didn’t have even one to live in with their families.

On my way going out I saw all these building and some rooms are not yet occupied why not just allocate these empty rooms to those who deserve it? Why is it that all this Oga at the top like to see their fellow human suffer like this? Its really uncalled-for. Let us join hands together and fight all these injustice and nepotism in our country please an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

I beg the new leaders of our country and that of the service headed by Col Ali Hameed to do justice to this issue of accommodation in karu barracks.

What are dey waiting for to deal with Mr Pepper? Show him pepper. Only a revolutionary approach can salvage certain situations.
Re: Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) by kunzaar83(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
knighttroy:
SHOCKING LIVING OF CUSTOMS OFFICERS

Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service have been complaining of the dilapidated barracks they call home. Many officers serving in the headquarters, Garki and other units around karu are not happy with their living conditions which some of the officers said it can be compare to abodes for pigs and rats.

I came to know about this when I visited a friend who lives in one of the NCS barracks in Karu site, Abuja. When he told me about all what they are passing through there, I felt so sorry for him. Looking at the environs it’s not meant for humans beings not to talk of law enforcement officers with their families. With such living condition tell me how officers won’t be involve in corrupt and illegal deals in order to leave squalor. Look at how they are surrounded my sucker ways, dustbin and bushes. How can humans be living here? No wonder they refer to the block as block “RC” {Refugee Camp}.

According reports online many housing units have been built for rank and file officers. Looking around I saw some newly built two story building of about thirty rooms per block. When I asked one of the officers he said I should forget about Customs because the state of nepotism in the service is too much. Eager to know what he meant I pressurized him to tell me and he said the new built blocks were supposed to be theirs because in 2012 the house they were living in was demolished by the directives of the former Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Dikko that a new block be erected. In other for them to have a temporary place to lay their head, they were given a very small room that cannot enter 23incs foam {mattress} but they have to manage it since they were promised by the authorities that it will be for an interim. At the completion of the houses the officers who were living at the house that was demolished since 2012 applied for accommodation in the said house that was promised to them but their countless letters were futile. They regrouped themselves and wrote another letter through the barracks provost of Karu yet the person who was in charge of allocation and accommodation deliberately refused to allocate the houses to them even after coming to see where those officers were staying that it was not good yet he told them to still pack out of that one in two weeks’ time when the officer asked where are they to pack to, he told them that is not his business maybe they don’t know him that he is Mr. Burukunu {Mr. Pepper}. It’s either pack out or he will throw their things out.

Later on the new houses was all allocated to different officers who are his friends, boys, relatives and boys of the Oga at the top at the detriment of those who were occupying it before. In anger one of the officers intruded into our conversation and say nearly all the people that have houses allocated them did have house before but because of they know the Mr. Burukunu so he gave houses again to them while others didn’t have even one to live in with their families.

On my way going out I saw all these building and some rooms are not yet occupied why not just allocate these empty rooms to those who deserve it? Why is it that all this Oga at the top like to see their fellow human suffer like this? Its really uncalled-for. Let us join hands together and fight all these injustice and nepotism in our country please an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

I beg the new leaders of our country and that of the service headed by Col Ali Hameed to do justice to this issue of accommodation in karu barracks.

my brother thank you very much for this article, and do u know what makes it even more worse with customs? Nig Customs earns the worst salary package within all the military and paramilitary organisations in nigeria not to even talk of revenue generating agencies....... Customs generate revenue more than FIRS but llook at how FIRS workers are taken care of, this is my 5th year in customs as a graduate but my salary is still 80k, is it with this kind of money that I'll pay house rent feed my family? Pay school fees and pay medical bills? In this Abuja?... In FIRS 80k is the salary of the least level staff..... I wrote something about customs its in my nairaland page, but they didn't take it to the front page, may be you can help us write something anbout customs salaries, for allowance its actually zero no nothing at all....... There is no way officers will not be corrupt without addressing this matter...... Including promotion too, for the last 5years as a graduate I've been wearing 1 star.. Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faces Of The Senate's Mace Thieves On The Run (Photo) / Amaechi Opens Up On Audio Recording Credited To Him - Sun / Femi Fani-Kayode & Wife, Precious Chikwendu Have Separated - Kemi Olunloyo, SDK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.