Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance (28342 Views)

Office Romance / Couple Who Met Inside An Elevator At An Office Building, Set To Wed / An Office Romance Gone Wrong (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Office romance isn't like what you see in romantic movies, it's way more complicated than that. But you can't decide where and when the love bug would hit you and we all know that the heart always goes for what it wants. If you find yourself seeking more than a platonic relationship with a colleague of yours, how do you handle your attraction and emotions?

There are pros and cons of starting an office romance, here are some factors to consider before you make your next move:

1. Office policy: Every work place comes with its set of policies which keeps the organisation together. Does your company encourage romantic relationships between co-workers? It's better you find out before going ahead. Your job may be on the line for doing that, especially if it's a well paying one.

2. Conflicting interests: A conflict between your private life and work is likely to ensue where you may have to choose sides or make decisions which may be unfavorable to your partner. Conflict of interest may lead to favoritism in the workplace especially when your romantic interest is part of your team. This decisions may in turn affect your work and company's target. For instance, extending deadlines for your partner when you don't give the other team members the same liberty.

3. Avoid office gossips: Rumours and gists aren't new in office settings, but being the topic of discussion isn't always funny. Workplace romances give gossip mongers something to talk about. There's really no need to flaunt your relationship in anyone's face, keep it as discreet as possible away from the office, especially if you guys are just having a fling.

4. Break ups and the aftermath: When things go south and finally breaks off between both of you, how would you handle your relationship from then onwards? After a breakup you both have to move on, doesn't matter if you were hurt or not, lift your head up and take those baby step towards the next stage of your life.

5. Professionalism: Kissing, smooching and all the public displays of affection are a huge no-no in the office. Keep it all inside till you both leave the office. Don't mix your business with pleasure. Keep your office mails and chats as formal as possible, it would do you both good.

http://pulse.ng/relationships/dating-advice-5-factors-to-consider-before-starting-an-office-romance-id4166899.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by zyzxx(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2015
good point

some people don't do office thingy
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Cutehector(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2015
Its so bad, it ends up tragic... Pls dnt do it

5 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2015
I neva get office frst but dnt thnk i wee even do dat office runs sef
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Tonnierichy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Don't even try it!! Unless you think he/she is d one to actually marry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
OFFICE +ROMANCE = HelltotheNO! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Lovexme(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
She still hasn't said yes.

An office like mine has lotsa office collabo going on.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by kennyman2000(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by IamforGod: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lovely points!!!
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by sukkot: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
ok
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by deebsman1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Timely

2 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by AmakaDNBStories(f): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
bad bad bad
Check my signature
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by calmdude(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
90% of those sexy secretary are being f##ked with reckless abandon by managers. date dem at ur peril

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by ikorodureporta: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by MrKIZITO(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
nice points
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Spikkylee: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chop clean mouth type of Romance...Shey
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Adatob(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Noted! B4 i start ma own
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Whizpeter(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
If there's anything I hate about office romance, its the gossip thingy, everybody knows what's going on in your relationship..

And should you guys breakup, Hmmmm... America Will know!
angry embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by omusiliyu(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Very good.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by davide470(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hmm..

How about the one where you are being called "My Office boyfriend" and there is no policy against that. angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Enesi13: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
this is y some wldnt allow their wife to work in an office...especially when it is one that involves both gender in an office. Office romance is real and everywhere and has lead to break up of biutiful homes

5 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Orikinla(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
I have had successful office romance without problems.
But no sex inside the office.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
panachuku:
90% of those sexy secretary are being f##ked with reckless abandon by managers. date dem at ur peril

And you know this because.....you are a manager perhaps?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by AfroKnight: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
So out of all the women/men in the whole world, you decided to go for the one in your office? That's unacceptable. Never mix business with pleasure even if you are a pìmp.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Dcaliphate(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
God can place your soul mate in your very office. He is not a God of protocols. I dont rush onto any fine thing in skirt, but if i happen to find my kinda woman in my office, if not, why not?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nice write up Op but office romance is a no no for me. I don't know how to pretend grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by HireKiller(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Is that so.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by damton(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
I don't think it is a very good idea.irrespective of your feeling or secular urge.Not only is it unprofessional, it can also affect your attitude and performance at work. You can have feelings for who ever you deem fit outside the 4 walls of the office, but when it comes to work is good to where your thinking cap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by HireKiller(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Orikinla:
I have had successful office romance without problems.
But no sex inside the office.

What about kiss, cuddle, hold and other romancing acts?
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Whizpeter:
If there's anything I hate about office romance, its the gossip thingy, everybody knows what's going on in your relationship..

And should you guys breakup, Hmmmm... America Will know!
angry embarassed

Precisely my point. And if ur very good in bed some girls can never stop gossiping until their friends too will come for their own share of d State Allocation grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Let A Guy Suck You During Sex? / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.