Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551452 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2022
Thank you for your reply. You have been helpful sir.

CuteTj:

Schengen countries share the same database with regards to applications, refusals and visa issuance.

When you apply to Norway, there is a part they ask if you have been rejected by another Schengen country. State yes and the reason (that is what I mean by clearing it up). Since the reason for the refusal was something mundane and not crime related (false documentation, forgery, false information etc.).

A refusal by another country does not mean an automatic rejection by Norway. Only a ban from another Schengen country will mean an outright ban from Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Exceldamsel(f): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
CuteTj:

I guess you are the one that mailed me. I have replied. In addition to what I said, student visa fee is like 280k while your spouse will be almost 640k depending on exchange rate fluctuations.

Good day Sir, trust you are doing great? We like to know if there is a possibility of moving same time with my family upon securing admission as a student. How did your’s go? Did you wait after one year for family migration or you moved same time with your spouse?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 12:18am On Feb 15, 2022
Exceldamsel:

Good day Sir, trust you are doing great? We like to know if there is a possibility of moving same time with my family upon securing admission as a student. How did your’s go? Did you wait after one year for family migration or you moved same time with your spouse?
I am doing great. Thank you.

If your family has EU citizenship, yes you can travel immediately with your family but If you have Nigerian citizenship like I and my family, perish the thought of going immediately with your family.

Waiting time for a spouse to join a partner who is a student depends on many factors e.g your nationality and if you have children or not. If you have children, you must do a DNA test. Realistically budget between 2 - 6 months from the time your spouse student leaves for Norway (and not when you apply) to join them.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 12:20am On Feb 15, 2022
The most important advise I will give prospective students and applicants is: LEARN NORWEGIAN BEFORE COMING!

I can't stress that enough. That is what will open doors for you in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ajibolaoi: 12:54am On Feb 15, 2022
What is the minimum level of Norwegian applicants can learn before coming. What do you recommend and like how many months can one learn before coming.

Thank you so much sir

quote author=CuteTj post=110234772]The most important advise I will give prospective students and applicants is: LEARN NORWEGIAN BEFORE COMING!

I can't stress that enough. That is what will open doors for you in Norway.[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2022
Hi all, I will like to know of any university in Norway currently opened for masters application for international students. I only applied for bsc degree b4 seeing the clause which says it maybe difficult to give permit to those studying at lower level other than master. The application fee is too much and don't want to risk it hence looking for a masters program. Any lead? Pls drop ASAP.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 11:52am On Feb 15, 2022
@ Ajibolaoi

I can't say learn it to Level A1, A2, B1 or B2. Just learn it to a point where you can understand and respond when engaged in a conversation (be it broken Norwegian). How many months will depend on how fast you learn new things and desire to learn it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
CuteTj:
The most important advise I will give prospective students and applicants is: LEARN NORWEGIAN BEFORE COMING!

I can't stress that enough. That is what will open doors for you in Norway.
The most we can do is use Duolingo app to get familiar with the language as prospective students. You cannot just easily learn the language before arriving in Norway. The best way to learn the language is through practice and it's easier when you are already in Norway, attending language classes, surrounding yourself with Norwegian speakers, and practicing the language with them. 2 years is enough to get a grasp of the language if you put your mind to it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mykelslim: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
@CuteTJ

Good day. Please can you recommend institutions where I can apply for undergraduate study?

Let me try my luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bimminglights: 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello, Please what preparation should I make regarding the transfer of the funds in case I’m given admission? Do I have to open a domiciliary account or can I use one in my family’s name?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Femiomoh(m): 11:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bank should be a able to sort that out through the use of Form A. That's the best platform to use for the transfer of your proof of funds. Your Naira account is ok for it.

Other infos regarding this are welcomed.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Tonero0147: 1:23am On Feb 16, 2022
When admission go begin rollout sef....this matter don too dey long ...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2022
Most of the schools in Norway use the schools account and when u get their open ur own account and move ur money to it. Also check ur school site to be sure of what they what.

[author=Bimminglights post=110256132]Hello, Please what preparation should I make regarding the transfer of the funds in case I’m given admission? Do I have to open a domiciliary account or can I use one in my family’s name?[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2022
March. Most schools always write on their site as to when applicants should start expecting response. Kindly check to school site for their own date.
Tonero0147:
When admission go begin rollout sef....this matter don too dey long ...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2022
Got a positive response from Uis(University of Stavanger) regarding an undergraduate persuit.

Now the point is getting and writing a Norwegian language Testing.
So pls guys
Where can one learn and practice such language in Nigeria precisely Visually/Offline.

Also it seems the Norwegian language Testing is online.
Pls I need a positive answer on my questions
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bimminglights: 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Samoluv:
Most of the schools in Norway use the schools account and when u get their open ur own account and move ur money to it. Also check ur school site to be sure of what they what.

[author=Bimminglights post=110256132]Hello, Please what preparation should I make regarding the transfer of the funds in case I’m given admission? Do I have to open a domiciliary account or can I use one in my family’s name?
Thank you very much for the reply
Alright so that means I will just be making a transfer to the school’s account

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mykelslim: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Spider20:
Got a positive response from Uis(University of Stavanger) regarding an undergraduate persuit.

So pls guys
Where can one learn and practice such language in Nigeria precisely Visually/Offline.

Please share your positive feedbacks if you get any. I'll be following you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mykelslim:

Please share your positive feedbacks if you get any. I'll be following you.
Send me a mail
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Exceldamsel:

I believe you can leave with your family especially now that the restrictions have been lifted in Norway. Before now they only permitted the student to leave first before their family can join them due to COVID-19, but I believe now, they will process your family visa all at once. Cheers and don't be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bimminglights:

Thank you very much for the reply
Alright so that means I will just be making a transfer to the school’s account

Yes the school will give you an invoice bearing all the details for the transfer. It's best if you can use Bank form A which I hear now is done online. In the meantime, you can start making enquiry of the reliability of the new process in the bank.
Sourcing for USD in the black market is more expensive an Ill advised.
Cheers. See you all soon.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Haggai92:

Yes the school will give you an invoice bearing all the details for the transfer. It's best if you can use Bank form A which I hear now is done online. In the meantime, you can start making enquiry of the reliability of the new process in the bank.
Sourcing for USD in the black market is more expensive an Ill advised.
Cheers. See you all soon.

Generally to all who applied last year, you have taken the bold step and I believe your admission letters are being prepared. I wish I was here earlier to advice during the admission rounds, nevertheless like they say "better late than never".
Am sure most of you had multiple applications, because not every where in Norway is "okay" from my experience. Just like Nigeria, location plays a big role, you can't compare Lagos to Kwara or ebonyi (I mean no disrespect).
Thus, if you have applications sent to UIO,OSLOMET,UIS,UIB,NMBU maybe NTNU and UIA kindly prioritize accepting their admission over any other schools. These areas are developed or in close proximity to developed cities.
Please if you will borrow, go for interest free loans (it could really be difficult in the first 3months of your stay getting a job especially if you're not staying in Oslo or Stavanger).
In all, Norway is a good place and I will encourage anyone to come but have a "plan" (it's not so easy staying back after graduation tbh).
This is my little inexhaustive contribution. I'll try to reply some "important" questions because most of the questions asked here have already been answered in the thread, some people just find it difficult reading previous pages.
Cheers!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by FolabiCash: 6:03am On Feb 17, 2022
Great stuff bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mykelslim: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2022
Spider20:

Send me a mail

OK done
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2022
Spider20:

So pls guys

1. Download Duolingo app (fantastic app for language learning) and choose Norwegian. Do 30 minutes of exercises every day. You can download excercises to do them offline.
2. Use NTNU's beginner's course found at: https://www.ntnu.edu/now/info/guide. Exercises can be downloaded.
3. For online learning, go to https://www.reddit.com/r/norsk/ (here there is a wealth of resources and you can also ask questions).
4. For more online learning, download Discord and join a Discord learning server (here you can voice chat and text people live). See a short list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/norsk/comments/qdwxsi/is_there_a_learning_norwegian_discord_server/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 7:04am On Feb 19, 2022
StarFlux:

1. Download Duolingo app (fantastic app for language learning) and choose Norwegian. Do 30 minutes of exercises every day. You can download excercises to do them offline.
2. Use NTNU's beginner's course found at: https://www.ntnu.edu/now/info/guide. Exercises can be downloaded.
3. For online learning, go to https://www.reddit.com/r/norsk/ (here there is a wealth of resources and you can also ask questions).
4. For more online learning, download Discord and join a Discord learning server (here you can voice chat and text people live). See a short list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/norsk/comments/qdwxsi/is_there_a_learning_norwegian_discord_server/

Boss you still visit this page ��� Greetings to you. You and the other pioneer members of this page have helped alot of us that are in Norway now through your valuable contributions. May God reward you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2022
My main question about this Norway is about the clause UDI.no put in their checklist stating that it will be difficult to get study permit for those who want to come and study bachelors degree or bsc. What's the way forward should we just risk that huge money $650 and all for the visa application or any tips on how to get a positive visa response. Pls we really need to talk about it. Pioneers where una they o? Note- this is actually for Nigerians tho
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 10:31am On Feb 19, 2022
Samoluv:
My main question about this Norway is about the clause UDI.no put in their checklist stating that it will be difficult to get study permit for those who want to come and study bachelors degree or bsc. What's the way forward should we just risk that huge money $650 and all for the visa application or any tips on how to get a positive visa response. Pls we really need to talk about it. Pioneers where una they o? Note- this is actually for Nigerians tho

Frankly speaking, it's a huge risk with greater negative probability of being granted a permit. There are options tho but it's energy and financially draining. Norway sees bachelors degree route as a pathway to having a prolonged stay in the country which they do not want especially for Nigerians. Bachelors degree is 3yrs, definitely the person goes for Msc which is 2yrs and then job seeker another 1yr all together 6yrs. Chances are that you have already blended into the system and even learnt the language which will enable you to get a professional job, stay back and even bring your wife after a couple of years you are due for citizenship. They know this and they don't want it that explains the clause.
Some people however, go as far as migrating temporarily to neighboring African countries just to apply from there to improve their chances. I have a Zimbabwean friend here studying bachelors in an English taught course so that explains it.
There are very few courses taught in English for bachelors in some schools. For example NMBU (I think it's global development studies or international relations am not so sure) most of these category of courses are always taught in English because it's an international program.
You can explore these options and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
Haggai92:

Frankly speaking, it's a huge risk with greater negative probability of being granted a permit. There are options tho but it's energy and financially draining. Norway sees bachelors degree route as a pathway to having a prolonged stay in the country which they do not want especially for Nigerians. Bachelors degree is 3yrs, definitely the person goes for Msc which is 2yrs and then job seeker another 1yr all together 6yrs. Chances are that you have already blended into the system and even learnt the language which will enable you to get a professional job, stay back and even bring your wife after a couple of years you are due for citizenship. They know this and they don't want it that explains the clause.
Some people however, go as far as migrating temporarily to neighboring African countries just to apply from there to improve their chances. I have a Zimbabwean friend here studying bachelors in an English taught course so that explains it.
There are very few courses taught in English for bachelors in some schools. For example NMBU (I think it's global development studies or international relations am not so sure) most of these category of courses are always taught in English because it's an international program.
I don't think your output response on the reason Norwegian Embassy doesn't issue visa to undergraduate candidates is true ok
No one knows the reason,and that's best to them.
They don't award/give undergraduate visa to foreigners irrespective of your country.
They only issue such to EU,EEA and permanent residents living in Norway.
So I guess your Zimbabwean friend is a product of permanent residence permit.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
If one is to migrate with spouse to run masters how much will the person need to send over or how can this work out
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Samoluv(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thank you very much boss for your huge contribution, I will like to have your email address and what are the options u speak about?. The mistake I made was only putting for bsc and didn't choose any masters as an Alternative and unfortunately they've all closed their applications until November again. I guess will just give it a shot with lots of prayers and hopefully it will be granted. Even Germany isn't as expensive and troublesome like this except for the waiting period which has been rubbished. Please on the same matter. Make we gather know the way forward.
Haggai92:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ephizywizy: 2:14am On Feb 20, 2022
Please read your mail.
Thanks
CuteTj:

I guess you are the one that mailed me. I have replied. In addition to what I said, student visa fee is like 280k while your spouse will be almost 640k depending on exchange rate fluctuations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.