Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (553194 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DMendo: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Norway (Oslo or Stavanger) in april 2011

Please anybody knows the price of a 2 Bedroom House/flat and othe details regarding house (like deposite etc)

Cheers
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2010
you can check finn.no or hybel.no for details on renting a house,
though its in norwegian language, but u cn use a google translator
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DMendo: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2010
@Mobuch

Many thanks for your suggestions. I will try the sites.

If there are any other relevant information, like where to go or how to find for cheap houses, please let know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by fxjunkie(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by redrumz(m): 5:08am On Dec 26, 2010
Can a Student travel to other Neighboring European union member states ? without visa just like the Norwegians
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Davedavy: 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2010
redrumz:

Can a Student travel to other Neighboring European union member states ? without visa just like the Norwegians

Yes,if you have a student permit,you can travel within the shengen zone freely,you are allowed to travel to any other shengen member state for a period of up to three months.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by TitanMoon: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2010

You will not be able to travel to the UK or Ireland as both these countries opted out of the Shengen zone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by redrumz(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for the heads up
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by TJ101: 11:28am On Jan 11, 2011
Hi everyone
please i need information about how easy it is for me as a Nigerian spouse of an eu citizen to apply for my residence and work permit in norway as i plan to come over to norway in search of work with my wife very soon.I hold a degree in architecture with lots of work experience as well as proficiency in the use of CAD and 3d softwares.I am not too selective about jobs anyway,but i would be very happy if anyone can be of help by providing information concerning jobs,accomodation and life in norway from the perspective of a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by novarc(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
pls does anyone has any infomation on application into oslo school of architecture. and ao true is it that norway offers free education.
and can anyone tell me about how to acquire an accomodation and the cost of it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sunks: 7:18am On Jul 17, 2011
@Mobuch nice to meet u on here ! Pls I also got admitted to Bsc in biology in university of Nordlands formerly bodo I want to know about d student job situation out there in bodo hope to hear from u soon, or better still we can chat on sunksjetta@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks n God bless .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2011
sunks:

@Mobuch nice to meet u on here ! Pls I also got admitted to Bsc in biology in university of Nordlands formerly bodo I want to know about d student job situation out there in bodo hope to hear from u soon, or better still we can chat on sunksjetta@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks n God bless .

@sunks

It is extremely difficult for a black man without knowledge of the Norge language to get a job in the northern areas of Norway especially a place like Bodo, the only jobs you can do there is newspaper delivery, which means you have to come with an international driver's license, and also buy a car, cars are not expensive here anyway. Its also a very cold, windy, boring and a lonely place, as there are very few Nigerians there and small black community. The Norwegians there are very unfriendly when it comes to mixing up with foreigners. But the school is nice. I have already left the town after completing my programme, I live in Oslo at the moment. Most foreign students I know like the Nepalese, I and another Nigerian, moved to Oslo to work after spending just a year there, So I completed my programme in Bodo from Oslo. good luck smiley

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sunks: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2011
Hi Mobuch,
Thanks a bunch for ur quick response I quite appreciate it,I am still expecting a reply to my application before the month end from
UDI as d resumption date is aug15th and I have to be there on that very day, just wanna ask u this too I had a lil problem with the visa officer during the interview as he was not hearing me clearly and I also made a few mistakes with the question he was asking me on biology I hope this won't affect the outcome of d visa thing adversely?I look forward to hearing from u again bro, thanks n God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 18, 2011
sunks:

Hi Mobuch,
Thanks a bunch for your quick response I quite appreciate it,I am still expecting a reply to my application before the month end from
UDI as d resumption date is aug15th and I have to be there on that very day, just wanna ask u this too I had a lil problem with the visa officer during the interview as he was not hearing me clearly and I also made a few mistakes with the question he was asking me on biology I hope this won't affect the outcome of d visa thing adversely?I look forward to hearing from u again bro, thanks n God bless

dont really know, but i dont think it should since u have transferred ur deposit to norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
@mobuch Sunks and i would really like to stay in Norway after studying so we may be looking up to people like you when we get to Norway but first, what kind of visa are u on right now in Norway.
Secondly, what do you know about the city of stavanger and the kind of student jobs available there.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sunks: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2011
Hi Mobuch,
Thanks for always getting back to me may the good Lord bless u bro! My last question is how do I get the international drivers license ? From Nigeria or when I get to Norway? Thank for ur anticipated quick response,
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ihuoma85(f): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
Sunks: If im not mistaken,you have to take an exam and take driving lessons because the traffic rules here is very strict compare to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2011
@sunks

you can get the international drivers license from nigeria, you can only drive in norway for only 1 year, and after that you have to go to the driving school to take the driving lessons. There is a site online where you can download a manual for traffik rules and signs in Norway.

@JagaJaga

I dont know about Stavangar in terms of student jobs, because I dont live there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ihuoma85 i noticed from your posts that you reside in Norway. I'll like to know the city you stay in and the percentage of Nigerians in Norway. Were u born in Norway and are u married to a Nigerian (if yes did you both meet in Norway). I'll also like to know if there are decent single Nigerian females in Norway. Lastly, what kind of jobs do Nigerians do in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ihuoma85 i noticed from your posts that you reside in Norway. I'll like to know the city you stay in and the percentage of Nigerians in Norway. Were u born in Norway and are u married to a Nigerian (if yes did you both meet in Norway). I'll also like to know if there are decent single Nigerian females in Norway. Lastly, what kind of jobs do Nigerians do in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ihuoma85(f): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

Alot of questions ooo. I stay in the capitol. No and we meet her. There are some females, depends on which style you like. Nigerians do any jobs.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
@lHUOMA85
Any hope?
I would not mind to work and live in Norway.I have British passport and can speak Swedish and ready to learn the language.Need info about work and living in Norway.
adecrown22@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 24, 2011
Hi landers
9ice posts, However i wish 2travel 2Norway or Australia by any means, i actually got admitted in NTNU for my Msc but 2be frank, the 85k NOK ain't avaliable then & even now, so that's it
Plz, is student visa the only means of invading Norway or Australia, Arent there other means? (Moderate financially) As a young vibrant, smart & intelligent graduate, i wish to strive for my academics career or better stil work-study abroad
Any vital info wud b highly apreciated.

oliboy2003@yahoo.com

10Q All
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
@olibyno when were you admitted and what course were you admitted to. Your GPA must have been very high for you to get admission there.
Why don't you try finnish schools as they only need you to show a sum of about 1.2 mil in your Naija account.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Jaga jaga, i applied for RAMS at NTNU,
Please i am damn interested in the finnish schs, do you have any recommendation? i mean sch? or even guidelines as regards to the their admission process,
will appreciate any vital info
incase you wish to communicate privately: oliboy2003@yahoo.com or better still post it here, whichever way
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
@olibyno wetin be RAMS. Finnish schools require a toefl. You can go to braintrack.com to see a list of schools in finland.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Finecat(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2011
Do you guys still want to go to Norway after the killings of last week. Nigerians never cease to amaze me, Why Norway?? their economy is weak, language barrier, very unfriendly towards black especially Nigerians. We need to change our polity in Nigeria, it is sad how our kids are falling for misinformations. These EU countries are not the right places for any black man not to talk of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
@finecat shut the Bleep up. Did people stop immigrating to the US after 9/11.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Hoodrat(m): 1:11am On Jul 28, 2011
take care of important stuffs both here and nigeria so shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
Any hope?
I would not mind to work and live in Norway.I have British passport and can speak Swedish and ready to learn the language.Need info about work and living in Norway.
adecrown22@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by peddyuk: 2:11am On Aug 27, 2011
mobuch, can i talk to you pls, am in uk, but lived in norway before, wana ask few things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.