Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552438 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 1:08pm On May 03, 2017
Your application was rejected since you did not have any courses in mathematics on your transcripts. This is mandatory for everyone applying for the MSc in Business Administration, please check the admission requirements athttp://www.uis.no/studies/master-s-programmes-in-english/business-administration/admission-requirements-and-application/academic-requirements/?s=18102

In order to be eligible for this programme you need to take some courses in mathematics at university level before applying to the University of Stavanger.

That was the response I got from UIS, I did Mathematics in my ND 1,both 1st and 2nd semester, and I sent my OND transcript to them. Am confused, please advice me and put me thru. Thanks for your time
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2017
I think they needed a university qualification... i have not heard fro them because I applied to.. please when dis you get this message
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 7:59pm On May 03, 2017
jamsey:
I think they needed a university qualification... i have not heard fro them because I applied to.. please when dis you get this message

I mailed them on Monday, got this on Wednesday
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 8:04pm On May 03, 2017
opeyemi361:

I mailed them on Monday, got this on Wednesday
Did they first you message before mailing them?... and please i have not heard from them. Do you know any person that have gotten admission?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 7:12am On May 04, 2017
jamsey:

Did they first you message before mailing them?... and please i have not heard from them. Do you know any person that have gotten admission?

Got an admission declined email. I got it last week Friday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 7:49am On May 04, 2017
opeyemi361:

Got an admission declined email. I got it last week Friday
Okay may be they have not started giving admission for qualified applicants

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 8:42am On May 04, 2017
jamsey:

Okay may be they have not started giving admission for qualified applicants

They have I guess, because the transfer of money should be done by 1st of June
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2017
opeyemi361:

They have I guess, because the transfer of money should be done by 1st of June
Have you seen anyone who has gotten admission?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 10:41pm On May 04, 2017
As the national diploma is not considered university education, these courses can unfortunately not be taken into consideration.

We do not offer any pre courses in mathematics, all applicants need to fulfill the requriements when applying.

Finally, I dropped Norway Admission. Going for UK now. Thanks so much everyone
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nwekemmesoma: 12:46pm On May 11, 2017
Please I need urgent reply ve bin admitted, anf am applying for visa, ve to pay for application fee of 3200 NOK with my visa card dnt knw hw to go abt it, bcz I made inquiries nd wz TLD DT de money cannot be paid with my card, DT I've to open a dollar account.... Please who can give me information on that nd contact .... Thanks am waiting
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 6:37pm On May 11, 2017
frank043:

Thanks for the response and info bro... It was quite useful.

Please, I'd like to know if you are currently in Stavanger, and school in Uni. of Stavanger.

Based on my research, I found out that even if one has some sort of savings, one still needs some level of part time job over there to survive.

I'm well aware that jobs ain't really readily available, but what sort of menial jobs do most international students do over there?

I know a few fellows that got jobs in their departments, research and teaching assistantships. What do you think are the requirements?

You can always reply at your convenience.

Thanks.
I'm not in Stavanger, no.

You can live just fine as long as you actually posess and can use the required funds (100k NOK). I pay a rent of 5000 every month (you can find way cheaper housing), and have everything I need. Shop smart and don't buy useless items.

If you have knowledge of certain fields etc. you can indeed apply for assistant teacher in those fields (and if they are in English). To land such a job you should preferably already have a master's, as most teaching assistants do have one, but you can get by with a bachelor and work experience. You could also get lucky if they have few people to choose from with just a bachelor's. Other than that, there are not that many jobs unless you speak the language (at which point it shouldn't be too hard to grab some part-time work in a grocery store or something similar).
philoxy4:

Thanks for your time @StarFlux
Please do you know anyone at UiT Tromso,i want to know of the best housing option around there.
I had a friend there, but he moved. I'd take the school's accomodation as it is generally the cheapest (not necessarily the highest standards) and then when you arrive you can research the options. It's safer and you also get in touch much easier with other stuents. Other than that, I have no knowledge of the quality of the different options in Tromsø. As for me, I prefer private housing. It's more expensive, but the standard is higher and you can find great deals during the summer months. Not something I recommend when you first arrive though.

You can see the student housing options for UiT here: https://studentbolig.samskipnaden.no/?searchFilter=eyJib29sIjp7Im11c3QiOlt7Im1hdGNoX2FsbCI6e319XX19
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 2:12pm On May 15, 2017
Please I would like to ask if I were to transfer the living expenses fees 103950NOK, as I have gotten admission to study satellite Engineering in UiT, how do I verify that the account is authentic as I was asked to pay into danske bank
Bank account number :9731 05 35307
Bank account owner:Norges arktiske studentsamskipnad
Address: Teorifagbygget Hus 2, N-9037 Tromsø, Norway
Please has anyone gotten admission in this school. I need to verify as there is a lot of fraud now, and if so what's best means to pay this, do I use dollar account or DIAMOND PTA transfer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 11:55am On May 16, 2017
Arigold007:
Please I would like to ask if I were to transfer the living expenses fees 103950NOK, as I have gotten admission to study satellite Engineering in UiT, how do I verify that the account is authentic as I was asked to pay into danske bank
Please has anyone gotten admission in this school. I need to verify as there is a lot of fraud now, and if so what's best means to pay this, do I use dollar account or DIAMOND PTA transfer.
The account is authentic. You can find the account number on the university's site.

https://uit.no/utdanning/art?dim=179005&p_document_id=352107
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 6:25pm On May 16, 2017
Thanks a lot @starflux. Please are currently in UiT. I would really love to hookup with out naira landers in Tromso when I come.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 1:45am On May 17, 2017
Arigold007:

Use form A, ask the bank to send the dollar equivalent directly to the School. I advise not to use diamond bank as they were among the banks who had fx issues with CBN.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 9:39am On May 17, 2017
Thanks, I have already opened a dollar account with diamond bank and the said they can send transfer the funds without issues, will ask them further about the form A u mentioned. You were right their fx issues, I can't even use their Mastercard to pay for the visa fee 3200NOK. No problems though will keep the house updated.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 3:54pm On May 17, 2017
Arigold007:
Thanks, I have already opened a dollar account with diamond bank and the said they can send transfer the funds without issues, will ask them further about the form A u mentioned. You were right their fx issues, I can't even use their Mastercard to pay for the visa fee 3200NOK. No problems though will keep the house updated.

Hi @Arigold,i had admission at UiT,Gtbank and Standard chartered are also good options. They will deduct naira equivalent
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2017
Arigold007:
I got admission into UIs. Add me on whatsapp 08064394452. Lets discuss how to proceed on visa app
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jamsey(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2017
Anyone gotten admission into uis?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:10am On May 18, 2017
Oboy, dollar account will cost you far more. Do you want to source dollar at exorbitant prices at black market?

Dump diamond bank, they have forex issues with CBN.
Which sane bank will advise someone to open a domicilary account and fund it with dollars in order to transfer money abroad for study purposes.

Open a GTB savings account, deposits the naira equivalent or more there and request for form A.

You are entitled to use form A as a Nigerian student going abroad to school.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 6:46am On May 18, 2017
@ Bandeco you are very correct will go to GTB asap lemme ask them, @philoxy what course are you gonna study there? Pls does anyone know the best option to pay for their visa fee through master card or visa?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 9:22am On May 18, 2017
Arigold007:
@ Bandeco you are very correct will go to GTB asap lemme ask them, @philoxy what course are you gonna study there? Pls does anyone know the best option to pay for their visa fee through master card or visa?
Am studying Tech & Safety
As per visa fee payment am not sure yet,because hv not paid it either
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by carlede: 7:51am On May 20, 2017
Please can i be referred to a page or someone please help me with requirements. I want to apply to study Master in Norway.

Sent me a mail, carlede@my.com. please only those willing to help.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 11:16am On May 20, 2017
carlede:
Please can i be referred to a page or someone please help me with requirements. I want to apply to study Master in Norway.

Sent me a mail, carlede@my.com. please only those willing to help.

Thanks

I suggest you read the post from page 1,some great guys have gone thru d stress of making all you need available in this post.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by harryubani: 8:49am On May 23, 2017
To pay for visa fees you will need to use a USD MasterCard or Visa card.

The transaction was rejected when I tried with my naira MasterCard and on calling the bank I was told CBN have placed restrictions on foreign currency transactions using naira cards.

I ended up using the USD card (Standard Chartered Bank) of a friend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 4:53pm On May 23, 2017
Please anyone currently in Norway, are there any financial restrictions if you want to transfer money to Nigeria through your domiciliary account, as I intend to operatell one from there so that I can send money easily. Anybody with good infornation will really be of help

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 5:26pm On May 23, 2017
Arigold007:
Please anyone currently in Norway, are there any financial restrictions if you want to transfer money to Nigeria through your domiciliary account, as I intend to operatell one from there so that I can send money easily. Anybody with good infornation will really be of help
No financial restrictions whatsoever.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arigold007: 3:26am On May 24, 2017
Thanks alot @Olujastro.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bash92(m): 6:56pm On May 25, 2017
Good day everyone need your help , am currently an undergraduate , studying Animal Production and Health. But am planning on doing my masters in Norway in a year or two, but of all the Norwegian university have read about only one is doing course related to my field of study. That is Nord University, who is offering Animal science but the problem is that the course teaching language. Please anyone who knows any of the Norwegian university doing the above stated program or any program related to it in English should help me out. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oga starflux and niyogeol, who is the motivation letter addressed to?
Please is it different for each school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.