Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud (37942 Views)

FG PANICS As Nigeria Loses 14 Billion Naira Daily!! / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by HireKiller(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
This is just telling us what we already know.... PDP was a curse on Nigeria from the pit of hell. 16 years and well over $20 billion spent on power but they couldn't add up to 3000mw to the generation capacity they met in 1999.

Brazil generates 12,000mw with $12billion
China built the world's largest hydro dam of 22,500mw with $26billion

But our lovely Nigeria spends well over $20billion but couldnt add up to 3000mw.

And some humans were asking these vampires to continue ruling us claiming they were God sent?... Only God will judge these people angry

Reading all these makes me want to start sheding tears for Nigeria
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Reference(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nigerians love stolen money, free resources, allocations, payments for nothing and pretend we hate corruption or let me say they are angry because it is someone else doing the stealing and not them this time around.

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
That probe went on dureing the Yaradua administration. The person under probe was APC Chief Navigator Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by IGBOPRINCE: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Obasanjo would not like this news!!!! The old fool embezzled $16 billion of our hard earned money meant for the power sector.
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. I know the flat head people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.
use your tongue to count your teeth.
Read that comment and use your tongue to count your.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by walozanga(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
I was only addressing the confused man who was praising GEJ but insulting OBJ even though we all know they are both useless.

Ofcos they are
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Toosure70: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
4stylz:

You are already in hell
you get flat head? sorry o
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Toosure70: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

use your tongue to count your teeth.
Read that comment and use your tongue to count your.
but you be Igbo prince now and not flat head. Abi Igbo dey get flat head? If so I'm sorry then
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by locutas: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hilarious sensationalist drivel. grin grin grin Of course no one bothered to ask the valiant Power Sector probe knight what capacity the initial 18 turbines would generate as against the 9.

Comparing the Capital cost of developing a power plant in Nigeria with that of Brazil without taking into consideration the associated infrastructure cost is plain manipulative. I'm pretty sure that Mr Elumelu knows that greenfield IPPs currently have to construct unavailable infrastructure not limited to transmission lines, gas pipelines, roads etc.

More shocking I think is the bandwagon mentality displayed on this topic. I do assure all reading this little piece that if the reasoning on this thread is representative of the mindset of the average Nigerian, stable power WILL NEVER be assured in this generation. You can hem and haw all you want, but fact is fact.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by philips70(m): 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That probe went on dureing the Yaradua administration. The person under probe was APC Chief Navigator Obasanjo.

Sometimes, it's better you just keep quiet. PDP, your party killed Nigeria and Goodluck buried it. As we speak, Egbema power plant with newly installed turbines is like a forest, same with Omoku with 2 frame 9 GE gas turbines. Calabar with installed capacity of 600MW only transmits 50MW because of inadequate and ineffective transmission lines. Your HERO was in power for 6years and contractors like Rockson Engineering coupled with very corrupt people in power ministry messed up the power plants installation but couldn't do anything.

GEJ was a curse to this nation for all the numerous sins we have been committing as a nation. I think the PDP is one of the last plagues that escaped from Egypt during the Pharaoh and Moses era. NEVER AGAIN!!!

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by IGBOPRINCE: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
but you be Igbo prince now and not flat head. Abi Igbo dey get flat head? If so I'm sorry then
I don't know what you re saying.. I just told you to read before commenting.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Anuhkkaamkairuh shocked
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by ozimec(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
eluquenson:
When the bush meat catch the hunter
Failed Prosecution of Ndudi Elumelu: How President Goodluck Jonathan Sabotages Corruption Cases

An investigation by SaharaReporters has uncovered a carefully orchestrated scheme by President Goodluck Jonathan and other top members of his administration to sabotage or bungle corruption cases against numerous political figures in the country. Ndudi Elumelu, a former member of the House of Representatives, is the latest beneficiary of the president’s plan to undermine the prosecution of corruption cases.

Read More

Why are you deviating now?
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by deflover(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
locutas:
Hilarious sensationalist drivel. grin grin grin Of course no one bothered to ask the valiant Power Sector probe knight what capacity the initial 18 turbines would generate as against the 9.

Comparing the Capital cost of developing a power plant in Nigeria with that of Brazil without taking into consideration the associated infrastructure cost is plain manipulative. I'm pretty sure that Mr Elumelu knows that greenfield IPPs currently have to construct unavailable infrastructure not limited to transmission lines, gas pipelines, roads etc.

More shocking I think is the bandwagon mentality displayed on this topic. I do assure all reading this little piece that if the reasoning on this thread is representative of the mindset of the average Nigerian, stable power WILL NEVER be assured in this generation. You can hem and haw all you want, but fact is fact.

now this is a sound mind.....but truely no one knows what to believe anymore.....who is clean nor who is dirty cry cry cry cry
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by waldigit: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Clintonpaul:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/elumelu-exposes-multi-billion-naira-power-sector-fraud/

1st the injunction of Jeremiah 17:11 shall take its full toll on all that have hands in it, then the Lord shall judge them all.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
In the ever green words of Nkoli nwa Nsukka, "Confuse ga di ma te". With all this stolen billions none of them was able to go honeymooning in the moon. Wetin they come use d money do abeg? #Just Thinking#
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by winterfell007(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
When Obj concieved the power sector reform act, he politicised the whole process from the onset. Obj withdrew 16 billion dollar from the excess crude account to finance the construction of these power plant. He constructed the phase one of Omotosho 335 megawatts in Ondo, Olorunshugo 33dmegawatts in Ogun, Geregu 414 megawatts in Kogi and Afam II 250 megawatts in Rivers. Obj intended to coerce the oil majors such as: Shell, Total AGip and Mobil to build thousands of Kilometers of gas pipelines all the way from the Niger Delta to Western Nigeria to supply those plants with fuel. that made no sense to oil majors, spending millions of dollars building pipelines that was highly susceptible to vandalism and theft. They tried to convince Obj to build these power plants in eastern Nigeria where there are known gas reserves and then build the transmissions lines to western Nigeria because it was less expensive and easier to police. Obj fearing the easterner could take advantage of it to start industralising blantantly refused. He decided to contract the Nigeria Gas Company (NGC) to build the pipelines. I'm not sure they started it. This neccesiated the National Assembly to raise eyebrow about the reliabilty and price tag of the projects. Ya'ardua subsequently came in only to suspends these projects oweing to these allegations made by Elumelu and the NA. GEJ came he did his best to bring in some form of transparency. He re-organised the NDPHC into a full fleged agency with a competent management under the leadership of Olutu to head the agency. GEJ subsequently convinced the NA on d need to restart the phase two of these projects as planned by OBJ. FG, state and local govt. Began contributing a quota of their monthly allocation to NDPHC which realised close to 8 billion dollars thatnks to oil price as at then.NDPHC began constructing phase two of omotosho II 500 megawatts, Olorunshugo II 750 megawatts Geregu 434 megawatts and Afam III. In addition to that, GEJ instructed that new power plants be built at Alaoji 1000 megawatts in Abia, Gbarain 255 megawatts in Bayelsa and Egbema 335 megawatts in Imo. These are areas with known gas reserves as confirmed by the oil majors. GEJ also instructed the construction of new transmission lines and distribution to be able to evacuate this new quatum of power. Ngozi Iweala went to europe to secure a one billion dollar eurobond to build the longest gas pipeline in Nigeria connecting the entire power plants (both built by Obj and Gej). My only problem with GEJ was that he didn't probe the initial 16 billion dollars used by Obj as alleged by Elumelu. This is for those who really want to know the truth not for lazy readers. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Rotimi47: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
HomoSapiien:
Fi di Fi
grin

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by wiseoneking: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Clintonpaul:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/elumelu-exposes-multi-billion-naira-power-sector-fraud/
I dont like insulting elders but assuming this was true, what will you Obj. This man that atiku and co donated #200k before he became president, which said he only had #20k is now owing: africa biggest and most expensive personal library in the whole of africa, one of africas biggest farms of all times, private universities, estates, shares etc. Today such a man is Pmb most closest confindant with secrets of meetings with him. Fools are when you believe a man without your own common. We hope to hear more about Gej where he got it wrong but i know that most of this power mess was obj's.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Raphtop(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
Only God will judge these people for the hardship they have caused Nigerians
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by jimi4us: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. I know the flat head people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.
Mr seun I want to draw your attention to this message. Thank you
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by WailingWailer00(m): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
May God in heaven and devil in hell punish you, your family and your generation

Bastard
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by WailingWailer00(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
This is just telling us what we already know.... PDP was a curse on Nigeria from the pit of hell. 16 years and well over $20 billion spent on power but they couldn't add up to 3000mw to the generation capacity they met in 1999.

But our lovely Nigeria spends well over $20billion but couldnt add up to 3000mw.

And some humans were asking these vampires to continue ruling us claiming they were God sent?... Only God will judge these people angry
Get your facts right bro, let's see links to your purported statements
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by greenalwaz: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by 989900: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:

cry cry

Imagine, less than 5,000 MW, and some people already hardly use their generators. If we had 12,000MW since OBJ, we would have been 'superstars'.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by 989900: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Get your facts right bro, let's see links to your purported statements

Those are facts. And no one is going to spoon feed ya.

If you have a problem with any part of it, prove it.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by dokunbam(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
seriously

thank God those useless PDP are booted out, Now everything is becoming cLear

I foresee more revelation
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
Before you label your grand father an old fool, may you be reminded that all the power projects commissioned by your hero GEJ in the last 5 years were also from the proceeds of that $16billion. The question I ask is, the almost equal amount spent by GEJ on power, what did it produce?
Bloody liar!!! The $16 billion have been confirmed by the investigative panel to have been embezzled!!! No projects were commissioned with the money by GEJ. The projects commissioned by GEJ was from another fund
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
dokunbam:
seriously

thank God those useless PDP are booted out, Now everything is becoming cLear

I foresee more revelation
Booted out indeed!! You still have the chief culprit of the power sector fraud Obasanjo acting as special adviser to the APC
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by 989900: 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
locutas:

In your little mind, you have well justified the expenditure of over $20b for roughly 3,000MW?
undecided

And you think everyone else are sitting on their cranium except you oh wise one?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by gboso1ne(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
I love Naija, when it comes to stealing money, everybody forgets their tribes or religion and work together.
Wonderful isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Jonwesley(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Look at what this man is saying, he has no conscience at all. The same Elumelu, while as chairman of the power probe connived with the same cable and was paid a handsome kick back to contrive the outcome of the probe. He was exposed in the scam and arrested by the EFCC for corruption to which he is still standing trials till today I think. Now he is opening his mouth to say what happened or transpired but couldn't do it when the whole country was banking on him to do the needful. He is an embarrassment to Nigeria and should keep his mouth shut

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
“In Brazil, Geometric Power told me that they spent $12 billion to generate 12,000 megawatts and it is working very well. As at that time, Nigerian government had already spent close to $16 billion generating between 2,500 to 3,000 megawatts of electricity.”

That is one of Saint Obasanjo's numerous thievery legacies which wasn't captured in his UNDER MY WATCH story book.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Returns To Port-Harcourt After Vacation In Turkey / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS / Full Summary Of 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.