Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud (37946 Views)

FG PANICS As Nigeria Loses 14 Billion Naira Daily!! / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by obailala(m): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Jonwesley:

Who is the blind man here, if not you. Do I need to go to brazil to do the right thing for my country? Who doesn't know the facts of the corruption that went on in the power sectorand that you are just clapping hands for what he said. My reaction to this is while he was the chair of the panel that probed the power sector, what made him to change his song rather than exposing what went wrong. He now want to say everything because he has been caught and to me, it's too late.
What on earth are u talking about?... Is it not common knowledge that OBJ's regime squandered $16bn on power?.... How do you think that info came to the knowledge of the public if not through this man?... Now you accuse him of changing song?.... What do you mean by that?

You have simply exhibited a typical Nigerian trait of attacking persons instead of issues. There is absolutely no basis or justification for your present attack of the messenger instead of discussion the message.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by tomakint: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. I know the flat head people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.
You rant as if you are in Heaven!
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Jonwesley(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
What on earth are u talking about?... Is it not common knowledge that OBJ's regime squandered $16bn on power?.... How do you think that info came to the knowledge of the public if not through this man?... Now you accuse him of changing song?.... What do you mean by that?

You have simply exhibited a typical Nigerian trait of attacking persons instead of issues. There is absolutely no basis or justification for your present attack of the messenger instead of discussion the message.

Please understand me well. I'm hurting because he failed Nigerians and it was not through him that that information was revealed. Ask people please. Do you know this man has an EFCC case over this same probe which U attribute to him revealing? Why is the EFCC case on him for goodness sake? Where is the reports of that panel which he chaired then?
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by obailala(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Jonwesley:

Please understand me well. I'm hurting because he failed Nigerians and it was not through him that that information was revealed. Ask people please. Do you know this man has an EFCC case over this same probe which U attribute to him revealing? Why is the EFCC case on him for goodness sake? Where is the reports of that panel which he chaired then?
Sorry you are getting it wrong... He is the very one who broadcasted the findings of his committee even when other members of the committee tried to hush him. At that time he even dissappeared to London away from distractions to personally prepare the very report which exposed the $16billion scam. At the end, the cabals involved set a trap for him and being a greedy man himself, he fell... and that was how the content of the report was rubbished. But are the contents of his report true?... the answer is a resounding YES.

His case was exactly the same for ahmed Lawan of the fuel subsidy scam... Lawan was also very vocal about the findings of his committee which were the absolute truth, but because of his little greed, the cabal once again used his greed to rubbish the report till date.But are the contents of his report true?... the answer is also a resounding YES.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by osazemonday: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Elumelu's robbery is worse than that of the power sector.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by 400billionman: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. Ondo, Edo& Kogi, REJECT PDP, REJECT CALAMITIES. I know the flat head people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.

Ndudi Elumelu served under Obasanjo.

Unintelligent folk full of curses.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Jonwesley(m): 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
Sorry you are getting it wrong... He is the very one who broadcasted the findings of his committee even when other members of the committee tried to hush him. At that time he even dissappeared to London away from distractions to personally prepare the very report which exposed the $16billion scam. At the end, the cabals involved set a trap for him and being a greedy man himself, he fell... and that was how the content of the report was rubbished. But are the contents of his report true?... the answer is a resounding YES.

His case was exactly the same for ahmed Lawan of the fuel subsidy scam... Lawan was also very vocal about the findings of his committee which were the absolute truth, but because of his little greed, the cabal once again used his greed to rubbish the report till date.But are the contents of his report true?... the answer is also a resounding YES.

Yes, very correct. Thank you. You have just done what I want and both of us have reconciled. Instead of the bashing, we only needed to state our points or convince each other on what we know. It was this failure of him that offended me and which by and large affected the probe.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by grandstar(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Elumelu should cover his head in shame.

After all the so call probe, he and some of his boys, probably senators got a contract of over 5billion which they never executed. He was arrested by EFCC.
They said $16b was spent. This is a bunker busting lie. There was no evidence that such a sum was spent. There was trail.

Jonathan spent 2 trillion on oil subsidy and there was a trail.

Obasanjo was not reckless. He paid off the foreign debt with $12b, left $20b in the excess crude account and over $60b in the foreign reserves and that's when fuel prices hardly went beyond $60/barrel.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by chudionu58(f): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
winterfell007:
When Obj concieved the power sector reform act, he politicised the whole process from the onset. Obj withdrew 16 billion dollar from the excess crude account to finance the construction of these power plant. He constructed the phase one of Omotosho 335 megawatts in Ondo, Olorunshugo 33dmegawatts in Ogun, Geregu 414 megawatts in Kogi and Afam II 250 megawatts in Rivers. Obj intended to coerce the oil majors such as: Shell, Total AGip and Mobil to build thousands of Kilometers of gas pipelines all the way from the Niger Delta to Western Nigeria to supply those plants with fuel. that made no sense to oil majors, spending millions of dollars building pipelines that was highly susceptible to vandalism and theft. They tried to convince Obj to build these power plants in eastern Nigeria where there are known gas reserves and then build the transmissions lines to western Nigeria because it was less expensive and easier to police. Obj fearing the easterner could take advantage of it to start industralising blantantly refused. He decided to contract the Nigeria Gas Company (NGC) to build the pipelines. I'm not sure they started it. This neccesiated the National Assembly to raise eyebrow about the reliabilty and price tag of the projects. Ya'ardua subsequently came in only to suspends these projects oweing to these allegations made by Elumelu and the NA. GEJ came he did his best to bring in some form of transparency. He re-organised the NDPHC into a full fleged agency with a competent management under the leadership of Olutu to head the agency. GEJ subsequently convinced the NA on d need to restart the phase two of these projects as planned by OBJ. FG, state and local govt. Began contributing a quota of their monthly allocation to NDPHC which realised close to 8 billion dollars thatnks to oil price as at then.NDPHC began constructing phase two of omotosho II 500 megawatts, Olorunshugo II 750 megawatts Geregu 434 megawatts and Afam III. In addition to that, GEJ instructed that new power plants be built at Alaoji 1000 megawatts in Abia, Gbarain 255 megawatts in Bayelsa and Egbema 335 megawatts in Imo. These are areas with known gas reserves as confirmed by the oil majors. GEJ also instructed the construction of new transmission lines and distribution to be able to evacuate this new quatum of power. Ngozi Iweala went to europe to secure a one billion dollar eurobond to build the longest gas pipeline in Nigeria connecting the entire power plants (both built by Obj and Gej). My only problem with GEJ was that he didn't probe the initial 16 billion dollars used by Obj as alleged by Elumelu. This is for those who really want to know the truth not for lazy readers. Thanks
Watch how all the goats called APC supporters will not dare quote this highly intelligent folk....rather they will all look shamelessly the other way!

Love you Bro! "Thoroughly intelligent"

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by mauriceju2(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
it seem like the APC supporter are the most foolish people on earth, in their foolishness they believed that political party is a name not knowing that political party is the members that make up the party , the name is nothing, PDP = APC now, all the members of PDP who ruin PDP for 16 yrs are now in APC and some are even advising the president like OBJ, they are there with one purpose and that is to steal money, PDP was form by civilian to collect power from the military, when the military where defeated the military remove their uniform and joint the party and took it over from civilian controlling it directly and indirectly the way PDP members(OBJ etc) are now doing to APC , APC was form by powerful criminal to take back power from PDP because PDP cheated them, these criminal are from PDP and others criminal that PDP do not allow access to steal from the treasury with them, PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT ANY CHANGE, LET US LOOK FOR A WAY TO RE-STRUCTURE NIGERIA THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM, now the north is in charge they got there through propaganda, lies and violence , there is a serious plans in the south to take over from the north by all means the way the north did it, and the cycle will continue for ever and somebody some where will be shouting change change change,

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Kingspin(m): 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. Ondo, Edo& Kogi, REJECT PDP, REJECT CALAMITIES. I know the flat head people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.
PDP na person name? In Nigeria term PDP/APC are the same thievies. When u talk sense u make meaning. Nigeria people are suffering.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toosure70:

Those states will reject APC because for the 4th month now, everyone can see how useless they are.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Henricarter(m): 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
lonelydora:
PDP 16 years rule. Obasanjo and GEJ should be packing their bags now to enter jail.

$12b for 12000MW in Brazil.

$16b for 2500/3000MW in Nigeria.

Dear Lord, May heavy thunder fire anyone involved in this daylight robbery.
......my dear country

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by mikolo80: 12:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Chanchit:
And this demons are still telling us we have to pay more for electricity!
don't pay na. who lose
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Bonethugss: 2:41am On Sep 16, 2015
Toosure70:

Abegi, so we should vote for Aregbesola that refuses to pay salaries. I ain't for any party... Just saying it's the individual not the party that matters...
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Chanchit: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2015
mikolo80:
don't pay na. who lose

And who told you I'm paying before? I don't have to tell you the secret, I'm just pitying you guys, dats all.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by menxer: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
Obasanjo would not like this news!!!! The old fool embezzled $16 billion of our hard earned money meant for the power sector.

I didn't expect you, Grand defender of anything PDP, to call OBJ that.

GEJ is the last straw that broke PDP, but OBJ started piling the straw .
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by CandyBar: 7:32am On Sep 16, 2015
May all these looters die in their sleep.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by chris81964(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2015
When did Geometric start to do work in Brazil. Lazy reporting or an attempt to deceive?
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by johnmark1234(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2015
Toosure70:
PDP, May God punish PDP and their supporters. Ondo, Edo& Kogi, REJECT PDP, REJECT CALAMITIES. I know the flatuhead people will quote me. Quote me and go hell fire o.
mumu
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by ozo13(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Toosure70:
tonye barcanista won't like ds analysis. He is all after takn glory for Jonathan under buhari regime.bt d atrocities Jonathan govt dd, he will Neva say it.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by GoldStandard: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2015
16 years of PDP misrule...

$16billion spent on power sector and yet nothing to show! if OBJ and his then minister of power: liyel 'sleeping' imoke are not probed, I'll know this govt is not serious with fighting corruption..

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by ratediyke: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2015
Please some one should forward this to Baba Buhari 's twitter account. This cabals are consist of former head of States and Presidents. GoodLuck couldn't fight them even a the president because he will be out of office someday and they will come after him. Buhari can because he is an Old Soldier which is why Nigeria n's wanted him in there even if for just 4 years. Who ever thinks that Buhari won't archive anything should go and have a rethink. Nigeria must witness Change in this four years even if it's just in Power sector we or okay with it.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by BizBayo: 9:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Bosville:
If corruption has an headquarter Or headoffice then, its definitely mounted in Nigeria.

I dey tell you. It is our number one problem.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2015
bigbonecrush:

He led a PDP government which Jona should have had the balls to probe but for his yellow liver!

GEJ did not succeed OBJ rather Yaradua did!b

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Lol. Now instead of APC robots to condemn OBJ who was at the helm of affairs when the stealing occurred, they stylishly renamed to 16 years of PDP. grin grin grin
If it were GEJ, we no go hear word...

APC robots still wailing even in power.

APC wailing since 2013 AD.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by holocron: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Waoh. This people bleeding the country, are they not Nigerians. How do they feel when they travel to other develop countries.

They feel highly achieved - they believe they have transformed into whiteman, finally escaped the curse of 'ham'.

They have already moved their descendants out of Nigeria, and secured their living expenses forever with the stolen loot.

Mind you, the whiteman that facilitated the laundry of the loot has taken over 80% of it. But the nigger beggars are contented with their side of the bargain.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by holocron: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
mauriceju2:
it seem like the APC supporter are the most foolish people on earth, in their foolishness they believed that political party is a name not knowing that political party is the members that make up the party , the name is nothing, PDP = APC now, all the members of PDP who ruin PDP for 16 yrs are now in APC and some are even advising the president like OBJ, they are there with one purpose and that is to steal money, PDP was form by civilian to collect power from the military, when the military where defeated the military remove their uniform and joint the party and took it over from civilian controlling it directly and indirectly the way PDP members(OBJ etc) are now doing to APC , APC was form by powerful criminal to take back power from PDP because PDP cheated them, these criminal are from PDP and others criminal that PDP do not allow access to steal from the treasury with them, PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT ANY CHANGE, LET US LOOK FOR A WAY TO RE-STRUCTURE NIGERIA THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM, now the north is in charge they got there through propaganda, lies and violence , there is a serious plans in the south to take over from the north by all means the way the north did it, and the cycle will continue for ever and somebody some where will be shouting change change change,

Your analysis is very correct. Its a vicious cycle. The only hope is that buhari will turn out to be the Gorbachev of clime and times. In the former soviet union, president Gorbachev was a full and favourite member of the communist party who produced him as president. YET he presided over the dismantling of the communist party and the breakup and restructuring of the soviet union into the present russia, ukraine, and the other satellite countries.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by holocron: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
mauriceju2:

Your analysis is very correct. Its a vicious cycle. The only hope is that buhari will turn out to be the Gorbachev of our clime and times. In the former soviet union, president Gorbachev was a full and favourite member of the communist party who produced him as president. YET he presided over the dismantling of the communist party and the breakup and restructuring of the soviet union into the present russia, ukraine, and the other satellite countries.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by lumeneng22: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
I know say one day na one day. This man just keep quietjust like that since baba kampe leave office? Stupid old fools call leaders.
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by mikolo80: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
Chanchit:

And who told you I'm paying before? I don't have to tell you the secret, I'm just pitying you guys, dats all.
you say that like you've got a choice. so adorable
Re: Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud by Chanchit: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
mikolo80:
you say that like you've got a choice. so adorable

Maybe I should say its people like you that are paying for my electricity. I don't expect you to understand anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Wearing "Made In Nigeria" Clothes (photos) / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo / Photos From Labour Party's Harmonization Town Hall Meeting Held In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.