Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview (7122 Views)

I Got An Amazing Job / Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by abaka: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2009
I Just Got An Email From First Bank 4 Interview, Date And Venue Was Not Stated Though, A Text Msg
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by spyeye: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
yeah, just got one too, same thong. O boy i must not let mee phone out of my site for one moment from now on ooooooooo

whose aboard. pls note
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by b2dl(f): 12:23am On Apr 10, 2009
I also got mine oh! Who has any idea abt FBN's interview style? If anyone does, pls share wit us.
May God c us thru.
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by Arnold23(m): 4:33am On Apr 10, 2009
I got one as well, pls house keep us posted, methinks its a sham tho'
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by bigboyslim(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2009
from my recollection of the FBN interview I attended in 2006, it's usually a panel of 4 to 5 interviewers for a group of 5 to 6 candidates. Its a group session where you will be given some topics to discuss, mainly political, economic or any general topic.

Best of luck
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by stnkembu(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
For a successful interview with FBN Plc, one need to be intelligent cos there question may come from any angle ranging for your expectations to your hobbies. And always expect a question from your course of study and how it relates to the banking sector.
For the group discussion, there is a high possibility that topic on the causes, effects, and possible solution to the world economic crisis may come up esp how it affects the banking sector and Nigeria at large.
To all y'll that have been invited and those yet to be invited, I wish u success.
See you at top.
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by zaragoza(m): 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2009
@st nke mbu
pls cld u elaborate on the group discussion thing. Is it in a form of a lecture or seminar in which u lecture ur fellow group members or d interviewers wld throw up a question bothering on a particular topic to d group so dat each individual wld discuss wat he or she knows about d topic.
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by fab1(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2009
first of all d 1st bank interview consists of two sessions, 1st session a group of 5 or so candidates will face a panel of 4-5 interviewers. u guys are givin a a discussion topic to trash out. u r required to make intelligent contributions, dont be forcefull dnt be too insignicant, dnt speak wen u dont hav anytin to add but make sure u make an impresion. the second stage u guys den go in one by one to face the same panel. this time its one on one, u will be required to tell dem about ur self, educational history wit dates. be consistent be relaxed even if u are not. its rilly a peice of cake, i wld advice u guys to google this line, 50 interview questions and answer's, just type in dat line and u'll get many hits. print as much as u can , study those questions and answers, rehearse dem and believe me ur confidence will grow, espect questions like '' u studied computer science, why do u want to work in a bank?' or ''why shld we employ you'' or'''why 1st bank'', ''where do u see urself in the next 10 yrs'', for the interview group, espect topics like'''wat in your opinion should 1st bank do to beat the competition'' , ''how does the global economic crises affect the nigerian banking sector or nigerian economy, read estensively guys, study the 1st bank web page too so u can hav a knowledge of the banks history, wen u chip in bits and pieces of tins u know about he bank it impresses the interviewers, it worked for me in 2007 it will definitly work for u now, good luck guys!
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by proudly9ja(m): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2009
If I can give a tip, I remember when I was interviewed some time ago and we went in for the group stage, we were given a topic and even though I cannot remember what it was, I can tell you it's something you can easily discuss so don't fret.

However, like someone said, don't be too forceful, and at the same time, don't be too insignificant. Make an impression. During my own interview I quickly seized the initiative at the beginning. I immediately took the lead and acted as the group leader by bringing the topic in focus and gave each person in the group something to talk about. After they had all said something, I concluded. Because we were given a time limit, I was also watching the time for each person and gave him/her a sign if he/she took too much time. At the end, from what everyone had said, I summarized and gave a conclusion.
I got the job though I didn't stay too long with them before moving on.

Just be calm and don't fret. If there is anything I don't do at interviews, I don't listen to people talking about what will be asked. Just go there prepared and leave it to God
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by zaragoza(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2009
Thanks all 4 ur encouragement
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by bigboyslim(m): 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2009
Just thought to add that I flunked my own interview when I did it. So dont be overconfident. I think only one guy in our group made it.
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by switch360(f): 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2009
GREAT!! congrats!!
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by ojehsam: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2009
pls abaka or any:
Is it for the last graduate/bsc test or for corpers?
kindly enlighten me who this interview is meant for,
Thanks
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by ojehsam: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2009
pls abaka or any:
Is it for the last graduate/bsc test or for corpers?
kindly enlighten me who this interview is meant for,
Thanks
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by sk8erboi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2009
can any one say sumtin bout d dress code, must it be really corporate?
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by zaragoza(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2009
Am i the only one here? I just received a text msg 4rm 1st bank informing me of the date and venue of d interview.
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by edoyad(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2009
Please if anyone who wrote the test in abj and passed has received a text message, spread some love let us know
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by Olufola(f): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2009
I wrote my test in Abuja, and i was sent a message too yesterday to come for interview in their Iganmu branch nxt tuesday
Re: Just Got An Invitation For First Bank Interview by AmenJoan(f): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2009
Got my invitation too and the venue was confirmed through a text message yesterday. Wish all those who ve been invited all the best,
God favour you

(1) (Reply)

First Bank At Last / Post Sango Otta And Evirons Jobs Here / How Are You Coping Without A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.