Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala (1604 Views)

2az-fe / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed / Naija Kazeems Wahala (2) (3) (4)

Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by oludolars(m): 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
Following my earlier write up on Camry 2AZ stripped headbolt problem.

I followed up on someone whose has used the same engine(2003 model) from a millage 92,000 to 390,000 for commercial transportation business(Lagos to Ibadan) everyday.

He simply gave mi the secret of avoiding stripped headbolts.

1. Replace the plastic connector where the thermostat is housed with an aluminium type as shown in d picture. The plastic type is known to leak after a short while. The models assembled in Japan comes with the aluminium connector while the U.S assembled are the plastic type.

2. Only use original toyota premixed coolant

3. Most people won't agree with this: since the engine is known to strip headbolts if it overheats under any condition which is one of the factory defect for 2003 models, he simply removed the thermostart to avoid any case of thermostat getting stuck in the closed position if it suddenly develops fault.

And if you will run on thermostat, replace with oem thermostat at regular interval to avoid the risk of getting stuck in closed position suddenly thereby loosing the engine

4. Ensure your water pump and radiator are leak free at all times

The engine performance was awesome and quiet as I made a journey with him to Ibadan. He showed me the Engine number on the custom paper which was still the same with the one under the hood to prove it to mi.

Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by oludolars(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by chukel(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
There are fail safe thermostats. No need removing thermostat for fear of failing in closed position. Fail safe thermostats always fail in open position. So no fear of overheating.
Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hogwash. What a load of baloney.
Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by eherbal(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2015
Do Expantiate sir. Thinking of getting one grin
Siena:
Hogwash. What a load of baloney.
Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by delaw4u: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hello pas I need the Toyota long life coolant as my coolant tank is at low level I need to top it up pls my is pink color reverts. To freemayor4u@yahoo.com
Re: Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala by kingreign(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
delaw4u:
Hello pas I need the Toyota long life coolant as my coolant tank is at low level I need to top it up pls my is pink color reverts. To freemayor4u@yahoo.com

We talked about it, but you didn't respond again, the Toyota super long life coolant is a fluid I use almost daily and I know where I can get good supplies both wholesale and retail. But you didn't contact me.

Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking / Car Scan In Lagos / This BMW M1 Hommage Is The Car With The Sexiest Eyes Ever (photos)