Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise (37982 Views)

Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise – Buhari / Nov 2015 Salary:did Civil Servants Do Anything Wrong To Apc Government / Buhari Calls Ministers Noise Makers, Says Civil Servants Do All The Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by princejenks(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrMcJay:

The initial part of your post shows the type of upbringing you have. Hence, I'll skip that.

What experience did Obanikoro have in Military administration that GEJ made him Minister of State for Defence?
What experience did GEJ have in leadership that he became Nigeria's President?

We are talking of track records of achievements that would turn the country around and you are talking of Universities and Polytechnics. GEJ has a 'PhD', can you state a single achievement of his while he was ruled Bayelsa?

There are administrative heads and political heads in Ministries. The Minister is the Political head, while the Perm. Sec. is the administrative head. Mind you, many of the Perm Secs. are Phd holders and Professors, hence your logic collapses on its face.

There are many factors responsible for the economy being this way and Ministerial politics is just one of them. Afterall, who was the Minster of Power when electricity Generation surpassed 5,000MW?
oh really? So our current system of governance by civil servants is the best? Seems you are living in another planet or are you not seeing the consequences of lack of a cabinet already? Oh you need examples,check out what a lack of a minister of finance and attorney general is impacting on the economy and judiciary to answer that. Look,there is what is called hierarchy of authority,somebody below has to report to someone above so the latter can check that the other is doing what is expected of the other's position. Now when you go to industries and corporations,you see people who are not even professionals in the field of the business or vocation being appointed as MDs or ceos to head such places,have you ever bothered to ask why? Every system has its challenges but all over the world,ministers or secretaries as they are called in some places are needed to give a balanced view of actions to be taken in their ministries both from a political and administrative standpoint. Just cos past ministers in nigeria have not delivered doesnt mean that role is needless. Better pick up more literature and read why governance cannot and should never be left in the exclusive preserves of civil servants;google is ur best friend.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by 2rutalk1: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
mistabiola:

And yours is a seasonal movie bah lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

keep suffering and smiling. You are dying of penury as a result of Buhari's clueless leadership, yet you are shouting Sai Baba. Keep it up
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Editor1:

A 'ministerless' Nigeria is already causing more harm dan good and ur still blabbing...continue!!
You only succeeded in jamming a beautiful nonsense as comment.

In what sense is Nigeria having "more harm than good"? Like he said, Nigeria remains in the hand of technocrats and experienced civil servants (and would have been better) but he will have to choose the noise-makers called MINISTERS just for the political aspects (and to respect Nigeria Constitution). For your info, many of them are constituting more burden to the nation than good.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by fitzmayowa: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
which mess, u saTANist wailers are so pathetic to d extent of been a cause to Nigeria, what is u saTANist problem,

Your foolishness knows no bounds, the saTanist tag should be for those well respected in your clan...blind fool
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by wazobiaN9(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I've said it times without number, B00HARI remains a dictator, A Leopard can never change its spots. The man is so parochial in nature and his dictatorial tendencies is glaring for all to see.

He wants to run the show all by himself. Funny enough, His hordes of zombies supports this his decision. Besides, his "body language" and odour are already performing wonders.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 1984. smiley

appears your only assignment in life is to attack Buhari... hmm, it's good for a leader to have an opposition for checks and balances.

However, you are reminiscent of an empty barrel... a very empty one. noise, noise, noise!! Can you attempt to think for a few minutes before you type at all, then maybe you can at least appear to have a lil bit of common sense for a meaningful argument??

I don't suppose you are capable of that tho, just poking fun @ ur gragra... chuckles grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Acidosis(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Baba the Bully

The same baba served Abacha. Buhari is an old wine in a old broken bottle.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by mistabiola: 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
2rutalk1:

keep suffering and smiling. You are dying of penury as a result of Buhari's clueless leadership, yet you are shouting Sai Baba. Keep it up

Just like your bro passed away last week lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lets leave sentiments apart, any one who calls anyone who is older enough to be his dad/mum with insultive name is fit to be slaughtered like a worthless pig that he/she is

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by erinalex: 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Editor1:

Same way ministers like Akinwunmi adeshina did not achieve anything but is now President of AfDB, highly recommended by ur dullard
can you see how dumb u'r. Out of over 30 ministers under gej watch,u were able to mention ONLY 1 that was above average,and by your estimation,this's a pass mark ? With people like u around,Nigeria is DOOM. Pls think and come up with a better comment. You said "ur dullard";obviously u'r still pained and disgruntled by the emergence of PMB,sorry u can't help it,u'll live by it,for at least 4yrs,do take solace in whatever you believe-in. Enjoy your day.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I've said it times without number, B00HARI remains a dictator, A Leopard can never change its spots. The man is so parochial in nature and his dictatorial tendencies is glaring for all to see.

He wants to run the show all by himself. Funny enough, His hordes of zombies supports this his decision. Besides, his "body language" and odour are already performing wonders.

It's only a fool that will call Buhari a dictator and even if he is what we (Nigerian) want is good governance. If he can give us good governance, We don't give a dame. May God punish anybody who wish Buhari failure because his failure is Nigeria failure.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by SeverusSnape(m): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
adeyinka007:

It's only a fool that will call Buhari a dictator and even if he is what we (Nigerian) want is good governance. If he can give us good governance, We don't give a dame. May God punish anybody who wish Buhari failure because his failure is Nigeria failure.
Your god will punish B00HARI first.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by NovusHomo(m): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
sammyj:
PMB just hit the nail in the head. In as much as i believe that the ministers must appointed based on the Nigeria constitution, the delay of the ministerial appointments has exposed a lot of economic loopholes and lapse in the various ministries that would have been shielded by the same ministers. PMB should release this list as promised but deal with the minister with a level of disciple which the past administration lacks!!! cheesy wink

You are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by 989900: 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Reminded by his interviewer that “some have quipped that the country runs better without ministers”, the president said: “When you started introducing me, you said I was around 1983 to 1985.

“Even then we had ministers. So under this system, we have to have ministers; and we are going to have ministers.”

Now where were you in '84, and what were you doing then?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by kadree(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Editor1:
Coming from a dullard who doesn't know the different between technocrats and administrators.
The same difference between a university graduate and a polythecnic graduate....while the later does the chunk of the job practically, the former's idea is key to coordination and proper management, which includes supervision!

A 'ministerless' Nigeria is already causing more harm dan good and ur still blabbing...continue!!
U don't call an old man with gray hair a "Dullard"even if e his dat elpless old man down d street.
Sometimes, as a pple we nid to do away with politics of d moment as dia will come a time, wen its not gng to b abt politics anymore but abt wht we v said with our tongue before God. Even if u are an atheist, we all agree dat dia is a level of morality one is expected to display at every given time. Same goes to dos calling d ex president unprinted names too. I no holy pass u bro but dis is just my take. Dia is joy in bn respectful. Thanks
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by ALISMILE(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I think u re the foool here! Wat is dictatorial about wat he said! Guy u re sooo dull! Even if for me PMB is not very apt, I think u re soo filled wit hate! But Buhari is, weda u like it or not is still the best we ve!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by omolami: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
buhari should just appoint his own noise making ministers period. Thats what the constitution says
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by 989900: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ministers will be named on the 1st of October.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by 2rutalk1: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
mistabiola:

Just like your bro passed away last week lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will place you on one meal per day. Stop waiting for Buhari's failed promises.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by mistabiola: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
2rutalk1:

I will place you on one meal per day. Stop waiting for Buhari's failed promises.

Dullard!!! undecided undecided undecided

You failed to read the conclusion, most of you will just jump in to matters without even reading and assimilating what the person in question is trying to pass across....

His conclusion was;

“Even then we had ministers. So under this system, we have to have ministers; and we are going to have ministers.”

Next time... Read and think before you start posting rubbish... Thanks. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Aroh48(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

As far as I dey see light for my area,I stil like d old man
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by NovusHomo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
sammyj:
PMB just hit the nail in the head. In as much as i believe that the ministers must appointed based on the Nigeria constitution, the delay of the ministerial appointments has exposed a lot of economic loopholes and lapse in the various ministries that would have been shielded by the same ministers. PMB should release this list as promised but deal with the minister with a level of disciple which the past administration lacks!!! cheesy wink

You are so correct.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Kingspin(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrMcJay:

The initial part of your post shows the type of upbringing you have. Hence, I'll skip that.

What experience did Obanikoro have in Military administration that GEJ made him Minister of State for Defence?

We are talking of track records of achievements that would turn the country around and you are talking of Universities and Polytechnics. GEJ has a 'PhD', can you state a single achievement of his while he ruled Bayelsa?

There are administrative heads and political heads in Ministries. The Minister is the Political head, while the Perm. Sec. is the administrative head. Mind you, many of the Perm Secs. are Phd holders and Professors, hence your logic collapses on its face.

There are many factors responsible for the economy being this way and Ministerial politics is just one of them. Afterall, who was the Minster of Power when electricity Generation surpassed 5,000MW?
A VIP illiterate calling ministerial position `Noise makers`. How does that sound to you? Most of the ministers have made M.sc, PhD in various field. Why the tagging them `Noise Maker`. No good manager can talk in such manner.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Ephemmm: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

How is he running the show by himself if I may ask? It is only a man without deep mental horizons that can be reasoning the same way you are doing. Your assertion is like a mad man calling the right thinking man a 'mad-man' tongue tongue tongue. Besides, the way people like your rush to conclusion by mere looking at the headline shows how primitive your thinking is as I am sure you won't be opening your mouth like this if the whole article was properly read and digested. tongue tongue tongue

The question you are supposed to ask yourself is that - what are the functions of Ministers and Advisers which are not know or obvious to Permanent Secretaries who have been in the system for more than 20-30 years? Your assertion is like saying that the CEO/MD of a company will not have more knowledge about the operational activities of a firm than the NEDs who might not even step the organization more than two or three times in a year. What an illogical conclusion!

These sets of people have worked with different administrations whether governors, Presidents, ministers etc. Their experience can never be compared with those elected Governors and ministers who are just coming in as a freshers. For your information, ministerial position is like been a Non-Executive Director of a company: their presence in the day-to-day activities is not necessarily needed all the time.

Get your fact right.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by effty(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Goan die
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is BH, BH is PMB". Quote me anywhere.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by front247: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Eknomist814:
Lets leave sentiments apart, any one who calls anyone who is older enough to be his dad/mum with insultive name is fit to be slaughtered like a worthless pig that he/she is
but you called Jonathan clueless
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
He right on this one, these guys are just figureheads & same goes for all other positions that comes through appointment, no dint of hardwork, just repayment of political favours.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by effty(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
But he is more educated than you shey? What is the basic qualifications for a Minister in Nigeria?
Kingspin:
A VIP illiterate calling ministerial position `Noise makers`. How does that sound to you? Most of the ministers have made M.sc, PhD in various field. Why the tagging them `Noise Maker`. No good manager can talk in such manner.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by delors(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrMcJay:

We are talking of track records of achievements that would turn the country around and you are talking of Universities and Polytechnics. GEJ has a 'PhD', can you state a single achievement of his while he ruled Bayelsa?

Behold! Thou art a good talker! He hath talked well...hear ye him.
Selah

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by bashydemy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Go and Die
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by delors(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is BH, BH is PMB". Quote me anywhere.
Quoted!
But this your comment is pure senselessness. As in total brainlessness.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by 7lives: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Who is this thief?.
Re: Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
atlwireles:
Very shocking to hear an elected leader talk like this, we are not surprised. It was expected.
You are shocked, but not surprised shocked My shock is not as surprising as your surprise angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Blasts Oyetola: 'You Are Actually Just A Bad Human Being' / Adedamola Aderemi Visits Emir Of Kano Lamido Sanusi II At His Kano Palace..pics / We Need More Pantamis In Power: Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.