Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? (661 Views)

RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
With respect to all my Catholic brethren. I do like some qualities of some catholics like their dressing, devotion and dedication to service, but there are some catholic practices, creed and dogma that run contrary to and are in conflict with scripture like bowing down to statue and worshiping or asking Mary to pray for them, calling her the mother God. Truly, Mary was favored to be used by God just like other saints, as such should be honored and respected which I also do, but not to the extent of worshiping, asking her to pray for us and calling her the mother of God. Does God have a mother, was He not there before Mary, was the birth of Jesus a direct act of Mary ?. With regard to bowing down to statue look at these scriptures: ...make no similitude of any figure... (Deut. 4:15-18, Exd.20:4-5, Levt. 26:1). Now, with regard to who prays or who should pray for us, consider these scriptures: (Roms.8:34, I Jhn. 2:1-2, Jhn. 17:1-16, Hebs. 4:14-16). We do not have another intermediary together with Jesus. So asking Mary to pray for us because she is 'God's mother' is an error from what the scripture teaches. Therefore consider this. God bless you.
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
fantasticshaw:
Truly, Mary was favored to be used by God just like other saints, as such should be honored and respected which I also do.

You can start by telling us how you go about honoring and respecting her.
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by benedictnsi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

You can start by telling us how you go about honoring and respecting her.
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Mznaett: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
A true Catholic is on her way
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nicklaus(m): 3:47am On Sep 17, 2015
A good question from "Dmandy" I was about asking the same thing. So answer it OP.

See OP face like protestant cheesy

haven't you figured

You can't beat the catholics tongue
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Then one said unto Him, Behold, thy. Mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But He answered and said unto him that told him, who is my mother? And who are my brethren? And He stretched forth His hands toward His Disciples, and said, behold my mother and my brethren! Whosoever shall do the will of my father which is in heaven, the same is my brother,and sister, and mother" Matt.12:47:50 (NKJV).
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nicklaus:
A good question from "Dmandy" I was about asking the same thing. So answer it OP.

See OP face like protestant cheesy

haven't you figured

You can't beat the catholics tongue
Give honour and respect to whom they are due but do not worship anybody as God. You honour and respect the Pope, do you also worship him as well ?. Note that the devil is able to tell you 99% truth and 1% lie, but he's not capable of telling you 100% truth. 99% truth and 1% lie is no truth at all. It must be 100% to be God's truth . The Bible will show you the truth. Search it diligently.
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nicklaus(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
fantasticshaw:
Give honour and respect to whom they are due but do not worship anybody as God. You honour and respect the Pope, do you also worship him as well ?. Note that the devil is able to tell you 99% truth and 1% lie, but he's not capable of telling you 100% truth. 99% truth and 1% lie is no truth at all. It must be 100% to be God's truth . The Bible will show you the truth. Search it diligently.
read what u wrote and tell me the meaning.
Re: Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2015
fantasticshaw:

Do you worship God?

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship / Please Someone Should Refute This For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.